The January Window ( merged )

Bauld

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Well, dunno about January, but looks nailed on we’re back to square one for a goalie in the summer.

Gutted it now seems certain that Jon will leave. Great addition in his time with us.

He was always coming for just one year. Wouldn’t sign a longer contract last summer. Just putting himself in the shop window. Done a great job for us and himself. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is playing his football in Glasgow next season. 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nasri has been a trouble-maker everywhere he has gone 

Didn’t know that , appreciate the answer

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Nasri has been a trouble-maker everywhere he has gone 

I just think he isn't that great, some games he's barely involved and he's been sussed out.

Captain America
7 hours ago, dumpson said:

Ishmael Miller on that list, weren't we linked with him under Csaba?

James McFadden on the list aswell. Does he have one last 1/2 season in him?

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes

Has he?

If he has I’m glad. I’ve not saw any comments from him today re the closure of the window which I thought we would.

3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Has he?

If he has I’m glad. I’ve not saw any comments from him today re the closure of the window which I thought we would.

28 minutes ago, C-3PO said:

Can't remember when it was but pretty sure he was at Tynecastle ready to sign

5 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Has he?

Radio today. Said that there is still a market for us to bring someone in. 

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Radio today. Said that there is still a market for us to bring someone in. 

That’s reassuring. I do agree with him about waiting for the right option.

12 minutes ago, Barack said:

Board’s been a lot quieter today. Anyone noticed this strange phenomena?

No lost post-itk-adjective-laden-crisis merchants on it.

Almost as if...

Have you heard???

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Almost as if...

Such a lack of negativity on here today is quite worrying...

28 minutes ago, Barack said:

Almost as if...

Plane crash in the Andes.....:-)

I’m still struggling to deal with the fact that someone thinks we actually tried to sign the quite injury prone Hibs club captain.

Apart from the fact he’s currently injured yet again.....he has 18 months of his contract left and we have more right backs than we know what to do with.

Just a bizarre claim imo.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’m still struggling to deal with the fact that someone thinks we actually tried to sign the quite injury prone Hibs club captain.

Apart from the fact he’s currently injured yet again.....he has 18 months of his contract left and we have more right backs than we know what to do with.

Could be an audacious bid to sign him for Randall leaving or leaving him on the bench to show the hobos whos boss... or might of been duff info that happens aswell. Why not focus on the quality of the player we looked at and look forward to more of it in the future. 

8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Yeah I'm struggling with that one too, I know we're down to our last few right backs but an injured hibs captain? 

8 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He was always coming for just one year. Wouldn’t sign a longer contract last summer. Just putting himself in the shop window. Done a great job for us and himself. Wouldn’t be surprised if he is playing his football in Glasgow next season. 

I'll be very surprised if he isn't playing his football in England next season.

26 minutes ago, Darren said:

I'll be very surprised if he isn't playing his football in England next season.

Isnt one of the problems that his family are still down south and his wife is keen to remain there?

33 minutes ago, sadj said:

Isnt one of the problems that his family are still down south and his wife is keen to remain there?

Yes. That and cash. People need to get it out of their heads that our better players will end up at Celtic or Rangers. Rarely happens these days.

5 hours ago, C-3PO said:

I think he does but so do some teams abroad as well according to the BBC.

Ruud Boymans on the list looks a decent signing.  Very decent goalscoring ratio at least.  Better than Zeefuik

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ruud-boymans/profil/spieler/63469

JamboCampbell
5 hours ago, C-3PO said:

Mcfadden hates Levein. 

Captain America
3 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Mcfadden hates Levein. 

Sure I read somewhere that they were ok now.

I wasn't being entirely serious with the Faddy suggestion tbf.

JamboCampbell
Just now, C-3PO said:

Sure I read somewhere that they were ok now.

I wasn't being entirely serious with the Faddy suggestion tbf.

Levein has made good of some old spats from his Scotland gig to be fair. But i still dont think he would play for him. I get you were being flippant though, could probably still do a job

Captain America
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I had to look that up, I don't remember it happening. McFadden says they’ve cleared the air since though

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1540153/scotland-james-mcfadden-craig-levein-bust-up/

Reading that it is a shame that McFadden didn't get to 50 caps.

He has given us some of the best moments in a Scotland jersey in last 15 years or so.

I know it wouldn't be done thing but I'd love for next Scotland manager to call him up and bring him on in next 2 friendlys with few minutes to go. 

JamboCampbell
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I had to look that up, I don't remember it happening. McFadden says they’ve cleared the air since though

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1540153/scotland-james-mcfadden-craig-levein-bust-up/

He was om BT Sport not long ago with Boyd and Commons and they had a good piss take over Levein and the fact Craig had called them out as failures. 

6 hours ago, Bauld said:

**** it. Sign Zeefuik

If he'd come for a wage befitting a non-starter, late-game sub, I'd be all for it. I know his limitations, but I love that guy.

The Future's Maroon
4 hours ago, DH1986 said:

That someone is me, struggle all you want, I didn't claim it was going to go through, big difference ...we'll see what happens in the next few months, I don't want to argue or come across the billy big time, but with this stuff I trust the guys who told me.

Not all transfers are immediately done and dusted in one window. The Berra thing went on for about eight months.

I personally didn't claim any certain player as a stick on, the same with all the names I posted...as a club we did/have enquired about them. If you don't ask you don't get after all. Jordan Rhodes was another we asked about, feel free to ridicule that one too.

One of the Admin guys said we never went near Jason Cummings, sorry but we did, we asked Notts F in the middle of December but always unlikely, maybe the player wasn't informed I don't know.

Same with Sow, which I mentioned at the start of January, we were in touch with them in December about possible loan dean which they and the player were considering but money was an issue.

Like some others, I happen to know folk employed at Hearts, other clubs and a few agents...I couldn't post the names at the time.

Believe me or not, I really don't give a hoot as I was only trying to give a perspective on where we are as a club and the things we tried to do.

The shit handed out from folk on here is frightening, I don't know if it's just to stir shit or jealousy because some folk do actually get info from folk properly itk .

Getting accused of being a Hibs fan last night topped it off for me.

2 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

That someone is me, struggle all you want, I didn't claim it was going to go through, big difference ...we'll see what happens in the next few months, I don't want to argue or come across the billy big time, but with this stuff I trust the guys who told me.

Not all transfers are immediately done and dusted in one window. The Berra thing went on for about eight months.

I personally didn't claim any certain player as a stick on, the same with all the names I posted...as a club we did/have enquired about them. If you don't ask you don't get after all. Jordan Rhodes was another we asked about, feel free to ridicule that one too.

One of the Admin guys said we never went near Jason Cummings, sorry but we did, we asked Notts F in the middle of December but always unlikely, maybe the player wasn't informed I don't know.

Same with Sow, which I mentioned at the start of January, we were in touch with them in December about possible loan dean which they and the player were considering but money was an issue.

Like some others, I happen to know folk employed at Hearts, other clubs and a few agents...I couldn't post the names at the time.

Believe me or not, I really don't give a hoot as I was only trying to give a perspective on where we are as a club and the things we tried to do.

The shit handed out from folk on here is frightening, I don't know if it's just to stir shit or jealousy because some folk do actually get info from folk properly itk .

Getting accused of being a Hibs fan last night topped it off for me.

Lol i missed that who accused you of being a hibs fan ?? gotta love this place

Quote from levein:

“We might be able to get somebody in over the next two or three days. This second market now opens of players who are free after the window closes. Very quickly, the best ones get snapped up. That then leaves the others,” he told the Evening News. “I’d rather be really sure about who I’m bringing in. If I’m not sure, I’m not bringing anybody in. I don’t want to bring another body in and feel I need to give them game time.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-only-sell-kyle-lafferty-if-they-have-replacement-1-4680389

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Quote from levein:

“We might be able to get somebody in over the next two or three days. This second market now opens of players who are free after the window closes. Very quickly, the best ones get snapped up. That then leaves the others,” he told the Evening News. “I’d rather be really sure about who I’m bringing in. If I’m not sure, I’m not bringing anybody in. I don’t want to bring another body in and feel I need to give them game time.

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-only-sell-kyle-lafferty-if-they-have-replacement-1-4680389

Still looks to me as though we’re inviting offers for Lafferty.

If he goes we’ll be needing 2 strikers from the list. Hopefully we can pick up someone as it’s the only position we’re short in.

4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If he goes we’ll be needing 2 strikers from the list. Hopefully we can pick up someone as it’s the only position we’re short in.

Agreed, seems we have someone incoming and working on a second option Would still be disappointed to see KL go given the progress made this window. Would rather we punt him in the summer if the club want/need the cash.

56 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

It reads to me that Levein was referring to the transfer window just passed.

“I couldn’t let Kyle go without a replacement. We had loads of interest in him last month but nobody actually went: there you go [with an offer]. I was worried someone might come in with a ridiculous offer that we might have had to make a decision on, but thankfully that didn’t happen. Once the striker thing fell through I decided that was that. And, if I put my phone off I knew nobody could come in for Kyle.”

Sounds like he's talking in past tense to me. Shit stirring headline.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/souleymane-coulibaly/profil/spieler/177185

I've said it before, can't believe Coulibaly has gone from being a million pound player at Killie to unattached and we aren't looking at him. Has a real spark about him, still young, worth a decent amount, needs a club to settle at, knows the Scottish game.

Ticksall the right boxes IMO.

Captain America
1 minute ago, E6 Inc said:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/souleymane-coulibaly/profil/spieler/177185

I've said it before, can't believe Coulibaly has gone from being a million pound player at Killie to unattached and we aren't looking at him. Has a real spark about him, still young, worth a decent amount, needs a club to settle at, knows the Scottish game.

Ticksall the right boxes IMO.

Is there not an issue with his old club not actually releasing him from his contract or some sort of dispute?

Might be whichever club he signs for would need to pay some sort of compensation. 

On 01/02/2018 at 04:25, The Future's Maroon said:

Window closed, we are not done yet though.

So now I will put my neck on the line....Names I was told we at least enquired about which obviously haven't happened, but we either tried or at least asked which I will now say...

Mcgeogh, Gray, Murray (yes Hibs), May (Aberdeen).

Cadden, Sow, Steven Fletcher, Charlie Adam, Scott Allan.

A couple of youngsters from Newcastle one foreign, one English...both strikers. Someone Hollander, I think from West Ham.

Even a cheeky enquiry about Adam King not that that was likely.

We tried, things changed over last few days.

As said at start, we are not finished just yet...

i await the the backlash from this post, I also hope a couple of the ITK'er folk back me up.

Are you on drugs?

50 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

Are you on drugs?

He's already stated his position earlier in the thread.

Fair play to him, he didn't have to come out with what he did, he's only passing on what he was told.

13 hours ago, WageThief said:

I think he does but so do some teams abroad as well according to the BBC.

Ruud Boymans on the list looks a decent signing.  Very decent goalscoring ratio at least.  Better than Zeefuik

https://www.transfermarkt.com/ruud-boymans/profil/spieler/63469

Get him signed. We can the play The Specials every time he scores.

2 hours ago, Bigkyle said:

Are you on drugs?

Way to go in making with friends and influencing people, newbie.

1 hour ago, Haken said:

I appreciate passing on info and rumours. Charlie Adam played with stoke the other night. David Gray has a broken ankle.or something. Stevie may playing with Aberdeen every week. Steven Fletcher on ridic wages. There's rumours and theres nonsense 

52 minutes ago, Bigkyle said:

I appreciate passing on info and rumours. Charlie Adam played with stoke the other night. David Gray has a broken ankle.or something. Stevie may playing with Aberdeen every week. Steven Fletcher on ridic wages. There's rumours and theres nonsense 

There is however just cause they are playing etc does not make it nonsense. Adam prob would of been able to leave had the manager not changed. May is not a shoe in at Aberdeen every week. Naismith is on ridic wages. Because Gray has a broken ankle now does not mean he wasnt looked at or enquired about prior to jan 1st. We dont wale up then and say ooo who will we try and get....

TFM has a proven track record of info as do a few others. If your going to join and be flippant either know your info or know your punters preferably both. Otherwise welcome

2 hours ago, Haken said:

???

1 hour ago, Bigkyle said:

Except at the time of the Charlie Adam rumour Hughes was still in the job and Adam miles out of the picture.

Steven Naismith is also on "ridic wages" but we've got him.

Some of them seem far fetched but to come on here with your 19 posts and call out a respected poster...

Archived