Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

The Mighty Thor
22 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I am really not sure tbh. Quite vague. The article states that Binance are not permitted to undertake any regulated activities in the UK. Although I thought currently that crypto is unregulated, so I’m very confused.

I assume Binance will have to issue some sort of statement to clarify what exactly is happening, and whether there is a deadline to transfer funds. 

I think it means you're not covered by the FCA if it goes tits up. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think it means you're not covered by the FCA if it goes tits up. 

I'm ok with that if that's what it is, hardly talking about a fortune I've got with them. 👍

I might not be saying that i̶f̶ when XRP moons. 😄

5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

I am really not sure tbh. Quite vague. The article states that Binance are not permitted to undertake any regulated activities in the UK. Although I thought currently that crypto is unregulated, so I’m very confused.

I assume Binance will have to issue some sort of statement to clarify what exactly is happening, and whether there is a deadline to transfer funds. 

They will just continue on like nothing has happened. 

No crypto is regulated whatsoever. 

It's an exchange. 

Never leave anything just sitting in an exchange. 

Always transfer your crypto into a secure wallet. 

Bindy Badgy
On 25/06/2021 at 21:32, Pablo2012 said:

Where does everyone recommend to buy bitcoin? Im going to get involved, the price is right and got a nice wee rebate from the taxman

Coinbase Pro is the cheapest I've come across so far. You need to do a bank transfer rather than use your card. Normal Coinbase lets you use a card but, the fees are much higher.

Famous 1874

Anybody else not able to deposit into binance? Got mine refunded within a couple of minutes of transferring directly to my bank account. 

Dean Winchester
51 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Anybody else not able to deposit into binance? Got mine refunded within a couple of minutes of transferring directly to my bank account. 

I was having issues last night paying by card. Took 4 or 5 attempts to go through

Famous 1874
10 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

I was having issues last night paying by card. Took 4 or 5 attempts to go through

Went via coinbase pro. Will try again on Thursday for my next set of purchases 

• 3 weeks later...
Remnants of Standards

Not invested as yet but keeping occasional eye on Bitcoin price. Two random people have slotted Bitcoin into the conversation without prompting recently and I take these things as a sign I should be more interested.

Thoughts on it dropping below 30,000?

20 minutes ago, Remnants of Standards said:

Not invested as yet but keeping occasional eye on Bitcoin price. Two random people have slotted Bitcoin into the conversation without prompting recently and I take these things as a sign I should be more interested.

Thoughts on it dropping below 30,000?

It's already below $30k and dropped below £30k in May.

Remnants of Standards

Others I've spoken to on this regard Bitcoin as kryptonite and far too volatile but will happily invest in stocks which are prone to the same falls. 

Interested to see where this goes in the next few months and may jump in once price flattens out to a degree.

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Their is a huge difference between investing in stocks and crypto. Stocks have a intrinsic value to them then, that is not the case with crypto, which is essentially speculation. 

Crypto has no intrinsic value, it’s extrensic at best. 

Plus, the game may be stacked toward the big players but at least stocks are regulated, there's nothing to stop massive pump and dump schemes with bitcoin.

crunchy frog

I've got the princely sum of 35 quid invested. This is a screenshot from my Revolut. Bit confused about the chat around BTC being worth 30k?

Screenshot_20210720-125609_Revolut.jpg

crunchy frog
2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Dollars is the currency people are referring to 

Duh. What a tit I am 🙄

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone looked into staking cyrpto? I've only come across this in the last few days and was wondering if it's safe and provides reasonable benefits? 

My combined Cryptos worth about £900-£1k now depending on the week. Only about £150 invested. £600 of it from mining Ethereum for the last 4 months or so.

Very much enjoying the latest surge in price across the board.

Personally I would be buying ETH instead of bitcoin right now. 

ETH has many more uses and may very well overtake bitcoin when ETH 2.0 happens. 

ETH was down at £1.2k a few weeks ago, now £2.2k. 

I got into XRP before the legal case so am holding that. 

17 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Has anyone looked into staking cyrpto? I've only come across this in the last few days and was wondering if it's safe and provides reasonable benefits? 

Yeah I stake some of mine mate. For Algorand I use the official Algorand wallet, think it gets about 5-6% per year. 

Also stake my Cardano on Exodus, think it gets like 4.5-5% or something around that. On Binance, I have pancake swap staked which averages 34% per year when I did it a couple of months ago. 

Has anyone dabbled into any of the crypto NFT games? 

Signed up for sorare and it seems pretty cool. It’s basically a fantasy football where you can win ETH and / or player cards that can be sold for crazy amounts of ETH. 

Seems to require a decent start-up cost to get going though. I’ve got a referral link if anyone is keen. Need to buy 5 new players on the auction (bidding) and then we both receive a star player card. 

Dennis Reynolds

Started dipping my toes in to the crypto market a month or so ago to learn a bit more about it. Bought a few coins already and doing ok. Still holding though. Still got a fair bit to learn! Started mining as well a few days ago on the back of this thread and that's going well. 

14 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yeah I stake some of mine mate. For Algorand I use the official Algorand wallet, think it gets about 5-6% per year. 

Also stake my Cardano on Exodus, think it gets like 4.5-5% or something around that. On Binance, I have pancake swap staked which averages 34% per year when I did it a couple of months ago. 

Thanks for the feedback. Do you have any advice for recommended reading before I decide whether or not to get involved?

• 2 weeks later...

Gotten right into STRIKE Coin the last 2 days.

Few mates bought in when it launched in April at about $150. Now sitting on $4/5k as it currently fluctuates between 3/5 cents a coin. 

I bought yesterday at 1.3cents a coin. Currently at 4 cents. Had a great day. 

Requires you do buy through Metamask and Pancake Swap if you are familiar.

If not then watch this.

https://www.strikecoin.co/

Big announcement coming Sunday which is expected to help make it🚀

Edited by hughesie27

On 21/08/2021 at 00:54, hughesie27 said:

Few mates bought in when it launched in April at about $150. Now sitting on $4/5k as it currently fluctuates between 3/5 cents a coin. 

If not then watch this.

Don't understand those numbers you've posted. They don't match up with any of the price charts I'm seeing. e.g:

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/strike/

Value on April 1: $73.30

Value today: £69.64

?

Dean Winchester
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Don't understand those numbers you've posted. They don't match up with any of the price charts I'm seeing. e.g:

?

That's a different crypto.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/strikecoin/

17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

?

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/strikecoin/

This 1 bud.

The announcement last night was that they have submitted their platform to DEX for approval today. And that they will be launching their own Wallet by end of the year.

• 5 weeks later...
On 21/08/2021 at 00:54, hughesie27 said:

If not then watch this.

Bad week for Crypto just now.

Apart from the above. 

https://poocoin.app/tokens/0xbe2a26889ce30a1515055a192797083b1fde8844

Anyone else signed up for any of the NFT games? 

I joined sorare a couple of weeks ago and it’s very fun (and addictive). It’s a fantasy football game. 

• 3 weeks later...

6pm tonight for a big announcement. Price shot up 30% over night after that news.

Likely that the announcement is them releasing their Dex which will make it easier to buy and allow folk to stake.

Edited by hughesie27

On 13/10/2021 at 08:44, hughesie27 said:

6pm tonight for a big announcement. Price shot up 30% over night after that news.

Likely that the announcement is them releasing their Dex which will make it easier to buy and allow folk to stake.

Looks like it's just had a spectacular drop in value (down 99.6% in 2 hours) 

Edited by Ray Gin

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Classic pump n dump. 

11 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Yeah they are converting it to a new coin ahead of the imminent release of their own Dex. 

The new coin (and Dex) has been audited by Certik and is insured 1:1 against any hacks so you won't lose your money if the worst happens.

They are bringing in a 9 months Tax on selling which is 3%. This stops bots undercutting legitimate buys and puts off day traders and scalpers trying to make a quick, but small, profit.

There's also an anti-whale dump feature where big holders are unable to sell more than 0.5% of the total supply in a 24 hour period.

New coin launches tonight at 6 at 12.5 cents (the price the old coin closed at yesterday) alongside their first marketing campaign. Couple of Premier League players have bought in a couple weeks back and I was talking to the CEO last night who said that a PSG player had just joined them too. Still just under 7000 people bought in so it's extremely early days. Plenty room for growth.

So aye, not a pump and dump. Just getting started.

Good time to jump on board.

Edited by hughesie27

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/05/2021 at 22:57, hughesie27 said:

I wish he never bothered. I bought £50 of SHIBA on Monday when it listed on Binance and this eejit just halfed the value!

On 12/05/2021 at 23:49, dobmisterdobster said:

SHIBA was a scam. There is only one memecoin. $DOGE

Shib up 900% this year alone. 

Up 10% in the past hour. 

I bought it as a joke after missing out on doge. 

My binance earning pool consisting of 6.8 million shib is equating to a 4.1% return every month. 

In money terms Ive made £230 just by holding onto it and loaning it out on the exchange. 

I done the same with liquid swap pool with VET and earnt a tidy sum of different coins on a 0.89% return. 

Thinking of reinvesting my shib including all my accumulative earnings back into another 3 month locked exchange. 

I can only see the value of shib going up next year. 

It will never get to a penny...........

56 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Shib up 900% this year alone. 

Up 10% in the past hour. 

I bought it as a joke after missing out on doge. 

My binance earning pool consisting of 6.8 million shib is equating to a 4.1% return every month. 

In money terms Ive made £230 just by holding onto it and loaning it out on the exchange. 

I done the same with liquid swap pool with VET and earnt a tidy sum of different coins on a 0.89% return. 

Thinking of reinvesting my shib including all my accumulative earnings back into another 3 month locked exchange. 

I can only see the value of shib going up next year. 

It will never get to a penny...........

Put in £100 basically at its previous peak this year. Then it was about £40 or so for a few months. Decided to cut my losses and invest that £40-£50 into StrikeX that I've been mentioning on here. That £40 is now worth about £500 now. However I've invested a bit more here and there as the price went up. Probably £300 all in. Currently worth £2k. 

Had I just held onto the Shib the £100 would be worth about £200 now. 

Got a mate who is heavenly in on Shib too and held the whole time. Told him to switch it to Strike once he broke even again after the dip but he is holding. 

SHIB may well keep going up but it's always liable for huge sudden dips.

I was lucky with Doge. Managed to sell half of my holding at its peak right before the huge dip. Good to have a get out plan for these meme coins. Or take some profit out that will make the dip less annoying.

Coincidentally Strike just launched their first product last night. TradeStrike Lite (A Dex like Pancake Swap). Effectively in Beta for next couple days as the community test it out for bugs.

Let's us Stake 10% APY (no lock in so can withdraw coins any time) with a 20% APY bonus for November.

Best used with Metamask rather than Trust Wallet if you have an iPhone as they've had some teething issues with IoS Apple phones not being able to connect a Trust Wallet to the Dex. 20% APY won't kick-start until their Dev team has resolved the issue.

https://app.strikex.com/

Edited by hughesie27

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Put in £100 basically at its previous peak this year. Then it was about £40 or so for a few months. Decided to cut my losses and invest that £40-£50 into StrikeX that I've been mentioning on here. That £40 is now worth about £500 now. However I've invested a bit more here and there as the price went up. Probably £300 all in. Currently worth £2k. 

Had I just held onto the Shib the £100 would be worth about £200 now. 

Got a mate who is heavenly in on Shib too and held the whole time. Told him to switch it to Strike once he broke even again after the dip but he is holding. 

SHIB may well keep going up but it's always liable for huge sudden dips.

I was lucky with Doge. Managed to sell half of my holding at its peak right before the huge dip. Good to have a get out plan for these meme coins. Or take some profit out that will make the dip less annoying.

Coincidentally Strike just launched their first product last night. TradeStrike Lite (A Dex like Pancake Swap). Effectively in Beta for next couple days as the community test it out for bugs.

Let's us Stake 10% APY (no lock in so can withdraw coins any time) with a 20% APY bonus for November.

Best used with Metamask rather than Trust Wallet if you have an iPhone as they've had some teething issues with IoS Apple phones not being able to connect a Trust Wallet to the Dex. 20% APY won't kick-start until their Dev team has resolved the issue.

It's too random for me, I've done so much reading on different coins and tried to be wise, but at the end of the day it's completely unregulated so all it takes is a couple of whales to decide to sell now and the value of your investment plummets.

34 minutes ago, Smithee said:

It's too random for me, I've done so much reading on different coins and tried to be wise, but at the end of the day it's completely unregulated so all it takes is a couple of whales to decide to sell now and the value of your investment plummets.

At the risk of coming across as a complete shilling machine that is what I like about StrikeX. It's not a meme coin with 100billion supply. It's deflationary so coins will only ever reduce, never rise. Plus the tokenomics that I mentioned on a previous post. 

Plus on the Discord the team are always there to chat and answer questions. The CEO Joe is brilliant.

Of course there is always risk, nature oif the beast. But on the flip side of the risks is potential for huge gains. 

Being £2k up over a couple months is more than I expected but there's not a hint of me looking to sell anytime in the next year. The team don't actually care much for the price right now. They obviously love it's growth but they anticipated 1 cent by end of year when they launched.

Their full platform TradeStrike launching in a year is also already fully funded for development at £1.1million (possibly $) so the price really doesn't impact the long term plans.

Edited by hughesie27

13 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

At the risk of coming across as a complete shilling machine that is what I like about StrikeX. It's not a meme coin with 100billion supply. It's deflationary so coins will only ever reduce, never rise. Plus the tokenomics that I mentioned on a previous post. 

Plus on the Discord the team are always there to chat and answer questions. The CEO Joe is brilliant.

Of course there is always risk, nature oif the beast. But on the flip side of the risks is potential for huge gains. 

Being £2k up over a couple months is more than I expected but there's not a hint of me looking to sell anytime in the next year. The team don't actually care much for the price right now. They obviously love it's growth but they anticipated 1 cent by end of year when they launched.

Their full platform TradeStrike launching in a year is also already fully funded for development at £1.1million (possibly $) so the price really doesn't impact the long term plans.

I can't see StrikeX on Coinbase? 

9 minutes ago, cuthy2k said:

I can't see StrikeX on Coinbase? 

It's not available to buy on Coinbase yet. 

Needs to be bought through PancakeSwap 

https://pancakeswap.finance/swap

Search for it there using it's contract address below and it will appear.

0xd6fdde76b8c1c45b33790cc8751d5b88984c44ec

You'll also need a Metamask wallet to be able to store/view your coins.

https://metamask.io/

Can view current price here.

https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/strike-x

A mate came to me just month shouting about a crypto that was going to make him a millionaire. I laughed at him and then later that evening I decided that I couldn't handle him being able to afford a Lambo if I couldn't and so I withdrew £130 that had been in a bookies for months and bought in.

After gas fees I had $91 worth of Saitama. Not much happened with it for a couple of weeks but then it tripled in value over a couple of days and I stuck another £500 in. That has since tripled and somewhere in the middle I put in another £800. All in all £1430. As it stands I'm over £2k up with it and it looks like it's going to do very well with decent gains in the next month or two. 

I still laugh at my mate and tell him my chocolate coins haven't turned to gold yet but I know he's sitting on more than £100k and it's going to grow massively. 

It's definitely worth a look for anyone in the game. It's not on many exchanges yet and it's still early. Don't dismiss it as a meme coin because it certainly isn't.