Bitcoin and all that

Unknown user

Like all above.

There is money to be made in these coins folk

Just need to invest time into finding out which ones will return a percentage you are happy with. 

Some really have the potential of returning 1000x 

Shib has returned 900x since February. 

Research then prove your return via block chain proof otherwise you are just another schmuck offering nothing to us 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• Jeff

• Rudolf's Mate

• graygo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Like all above.

There is money to be made in these coins folk

Just need to invest time into finding out which ones will return a percentage you are happy with. 

Some really have the potential of returning 1000x 

Shib has returned 900x since February. 

Research then prove your return via block chain proof otherwise you are just another schmuck offering nothing to us 

Contradicting yourself here a bit are you not? You have a name. DYOR

On 04/11/2021 at 07:11, IronJambo said:

Contradicting yourself here a bit are you not? You have a name. DYOR

👍

On 01/11/2021 at 22:10, Restonbabe said:

Shib up 900% this year alone. 

Up 10% in the past hour. 

I bought it as a joke after missing out on doge. 

My binance earning pool consisting of 6.8 million shib is equating to a 4.1% return every month. 

In money terms Ive made £230 just by holding onto it and loaning it out on the exchange. 

I done the same with liquid swap pool with VET and earnt a tidy sum of different coins on a 0.89% return. 

Thinking of reinvesting my shib including all my accumulative earnings back into another 3 month locked exchange. 

I can only see the value of shib going up next year. 

It will never get to a penny...........

I'm sitting on 4 million Shib. I'm sitting on it for next year or two. 

Anyone any info on Fantom crypto, was told could be a good one for the future 

Been buying different ones over last year with different degrees of success.

1 hour ago, SecN said:

What is the option of 'staking' to Ethereum 2 all about?

I'll have a guess at what I think you mean

Ethereum is due to transfer from a Proof of Work to Proof of Stake basis.

You can currently transfer your Eth 1 to Eth 2 however Eth 2 tokens will be locked away until the transfer is complete. Due to be some time next year.

As an incentive time the Exchanges that offer the transfer will also pay you interest on the coins you switch over. Coinbase for example offers 4.5%APY.

1 minute ago, SecN said:

Does that mean you would lose any gains while the Eth 2 is locked?

Yes. You would only be able to sell for profit once Eth2 was fully launched. 

3 hours ago, SecN said:

But the coins you have would still allow gains, you just can’t cash them in?

Might be good for the longer term bet?

Yes. 

If you own £10 of Eth1 now and convert it to Eth2 tomorrow you wouldn't be able to sell the Eth 2 (I don't think) until All of Eth 1 converts to Eth 2 (next year sometime is the plan but this has been delayed multiple times). 

The price of Eth1 and 2 will continue to fluctuate until that time. 

The whole attraction of converting now is that it will remove Eth1 from the supply and you as an investor will be able stake it to earn free Ethereum 2 whilst you wait for it to fully launch.

Edited by hughesie27

Saitama going crazy over the last 24 hours with a 43% gain on yesterdays low. With them launching their wallet tonight in Vegas along with other big announcements it's just going to rise all day today.

Do you just buy Crypto and nothing else is required?  Or do you need to buy a coal factory first to run whatever it needs to run whatever programme it needs?

I do not get bitcoin one bit.

18 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Do you just buy Crypto and nothing else is required?  Or do you need to buy a coal factory first to run whatever it needs to run whatever programme it needs?

I do not get bitcoin one bit.

You just buy it.

It's the mining of new coins that uses up a lot of electricity. 

15 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The amount of energy needed to mine coins, how's the planet crisis going to affect this?

It's not looking good. 

Electricity is quite an easy "fuel" to generate. 97% or so of Scotlands energy use is already from renewable sources.

17 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The amount of energy needed to mine coins, how's the planet crisis going to affect this?

It's not looking good.

For once we agree, Greedy. Cryptocoin generation uses far too much energy - it's a very selfish pursuit.

On 19/11/2021 at 21:17, Greedy Jambo said:

It's not looking good. 

Not just energy but the chips required for it has caused a massive shortage for things such as cars equipment etc. This has caused either shortages or inflated prices

On 19/11/2021 at 21:17, Greedy Jambo said:

It's not looking good. 

Bitcoin and other older coins need a huge amount of energy to mine, which is pretty morally indefensible. Newer coins are usually pre-mined, so don't have the same energy requirement.

China has already banned Bitcoin mining, I suspect they won't be the last to do so.

39 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Bitcoin and other older coins need a huge amount of energy to mine, which is pretty morally indefensible. Newer coins are usually pre-mined, so don't have the same energy requirement.

China has already banned Bitcoin mining, I suspect they won't be the last to do so.

China ban bitcoin mining about 4 times a year. Then they open it up again.

On 20/11/2021 at 14:59, redjambo said:

For once we agree, Greedy. Cryptocoin generation uses far too much energy - it's a very selfish pursuit.

That was true a few years ago

The Mighty Thor

Crypto/digital currency is not going away. 

I think the energy consumption is a bit of a red herring in real terms. 

Banking and how individuals are going to transact between each other and with organisations is going to change very rapidly in the next few years. I'd imagine banks and organisations reliant on the transacting of FIAT currency are starting to get very twitchy arses. 

I've seen it written that crypto currency is roughly where the internet was in 1997 in terms of its evolution. So basically we're at the dial-up stage. Look how quickly that all changed and how quickly adoption took off. 

For those in crypto currency, if you're in the right coins then you could become very wealthy just by sitting back and doing feck all. 

FWIW i don't think Bitcoin will be the universal digital currency of transaction, nor will it be a USD coin. 

On 24/11/2021 at 10:01, hughesie27 said:

China ban bitcoin mining about 4 times a year. Then they open it up again.

No, they've definitely banned it this time. Lots of miners have moved to the States, Russia etc. They've also banned crypto trading for most people, with the notable exception of VET.

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

No, they've definitely banned it this time. Lots of miners have moved to the States, Russia etc. They've also banned crypto trading for most people, with the notable exception of VET.

They've done this so many times. 

Good to hear that our Chinese overlords are all about VE Chain. 👍

Massive crash today down $20k overall. Still up overall $100k

A correction is just another excuse to buy in. 

To the moon

Cro bounced back quicker than the lot, when they rename the staples centre, it's all going to kickoff. 

Or so i keep telling myself. 

I’ve spread a fair bit of cash over a few different cryptos that have crashed heavily this week. 🙏 for a recovery on all and I’m quids in!!

1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

Genuine Post.  Has anyone heard of Andromeda M31? It's a new Crypto Coin released last week and has been tipped to take off. Anything between 100x and 1000x.

https://orbitlaunch.io/

I've just read through their site and I don't know what they do. Did they mention a wallet? That was unclear. If they did then that's their only utility. No mention of who they are, unless I missed it? No names, no pictures, nobody standing up and saying it's their project. 

5 hours ago, tazhearts said:

Genuine Post.  Has anyone heard of Andromeda M31? It's a new Crypto Coin released last week and has been tipped to take off. Anything between 100x and 1000x.

https://orbitlaunch.io/

They don't seem to have any plan other than all the others that want to be the next best meme.

That said if you had bought on Friday at some point you'd have at least doubled your money. Will see how it does overnight.

• 1 month later...

Looks like everything is crashing at the moment. Anyone have any opinions on the coins that are most likely to rebound?

13 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Looks like everything is crashing at the moment. Anyone have any opinions on the coins that are most likely to rebound?

I have bailed out I had Shib and Spell. I will wait until it stops falling before I buy again. I might give stellar a go I have heard good things about that but like any of them it's a risk and I now see they are starting to rise again

• 2 months later...
The Mighty Thor
30 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Is anyone else feeling really bullish with their crypto investment just now?

It's all woken up. There's been a few quid to be made the last week or so. 

7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'm currently 75% down but I think I'll be 10,000x+ in a year or two. I might be crazy 🤷 but I don't think so 🤣

Selkirk_Jambo
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I've just about recovered my losses from the last crash. Bought a few Tezos coins at pretty much their lowest ebb and they've rebounded nicely. 

Hoping for a nice wee profit in the coming months. Probably crash again tomorrow, mind :D