Jump to content

Bitcoin and all that


Smithee

Recommended Posts

hughesie27
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

 

Also gave 101,191 dogecoin bought for 0.0031 I shoved it into binance earning pool to invest and so far made a 4% return after 3 days in bnb. 

 

Explain this to me. At that rate you are currently a millionaire?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Smithee

    134

  • Jeff

    134

  • Rudolf's Mate

    109

  • Awbdy Oot

    76

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dobmisterdobster
6 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The £20 of dogecoin I lost on a failed SSD would have been worth £200 now. :( 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Is data recovery an option?

 

The vast majority of my dogecoin is on an old hard drive or in paper wallets in my parents attic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Explain this to me. At that rate you are currently a millionaire?

Do you have binance? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Just now, Restonbabe said:

Do you have binance? 

Yeah, not the easiest to navigate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
13 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Yeah, not the easiest to navigate.

Head over to the academy it's all there. Plus plesnty of YouTube tutorials to assist you. 

 

Get to the one where it shows you how to leverage your crypto for a 7/30/60/90 return based on the amount you front. 

 

Good way to make even more of a passive income. And you get paid either in bnb or btc. 

 

Once your confident you understand the set up I suggest downloading stoic as an app. 

 

It's basically an ai bot that uses binance to do trades on your behalf. 

 

I'm up over $100k after initially  investing $5000. 

Don't take my word on this the bull run for all crypto is astronomical at the moment and I'm riding the wave. 

 

I've already taken out my stake.

If I get to $500k am withdrawing and playing again with $100k to attempt to make a million. 

 

If I genuinely get to $500k I'm seriously considering retirement!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

If I genuinely get to $500k I'm seriously considering retirement!! 

 

Don't get hosed on tax. Do some research on what the regulations are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Spellczech

Like a big game of pass the parcel but with an hand grenade...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Like a big game of pass the parcel but with an hand grenade...


:lol:

 

Accurate, tho. There’s gonna be a lot of people losing a lot of money at some point in the near future. Could say the same for the regular stock market tbf. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:


:lol:

 

Accurate, tho. There’s gonna be a lot of people losing a lot of money at some point in the near future. Could say the same for the regular stock market tbf. 

 

A lot of noobs will lose their money because they don't know what they are doing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

 

Don't get hosed on tax. Do some research on what the regulations are.

Some into my American fund for when we take kids to florida and cinnicnitti. Some into the European account for jollies in  rest invested into my plc and paid out as dividends!

Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Any decent tips on where to invest @Restonbabe? Relatively new to this and very interested. I've checked out the leveraging etc and think that would be waaay to much a risk for my liking! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe

Is anyone else tracking the explosion of dogecoin??? 

 

It's stagnating at 50p a coin. It will go to 72p a coin by tomorrow. 

 

If you wanna make a quick buck get in and out before Sunday morning at 3am as Elon is hosting SNL

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
5 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Is anyone else tracking the explosion of dogecoin??? 

 

It's stagnating at 50p a coin. It will go to 72p a coin by tomorrow. 

 

If you wanna make a quick buck get in and out before Sunday morning at 3am as Elon is hosting SNL

Invested £50 in Feb when it was about 3p a coin. Had set up a trade order on Binance for it to sell 400 coins once it hit 70 cents/50p which obviously happened last night. £200 back. Still got £510 worth on Binance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Crypto isn’t something I’ve had much confidence in holding. History suggests after a huge rise comes a big fall. People who don’t know what they are doing will be stung big time OR be very lucky. I know a guy who thinks he’s the Bonnyrigg Belfort having bought .24 ETH he’s expecting millions off it :lol: .
You just have to look at the idiots that bought in at the peak of GME losing life savings because they didn’t understand what they were doing. 

 

I’ve managed to do well trading ETH due to its large intraday swings. Already withdrawn my original stake and a % of the profits along the way. Won’t become a rapid millionaire off from it but at least it’s relatively safe and I certainly can “lose” now.
My only gripe is the fees for trading. 🤮
 


 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Invested £50 in Feb when it was about 3p a coin. Had set up a trade order on Binance for it to sell 400 coins once it hit 70 cents/50p which obviously happened last night. £200 back. Still got £510 worth on Binance.

Did you manage to learn more about binance. 

The earning pool when you transfer money over to it effectively allows you to use your coins to 'lend' to the market in return for a % back. 

During this bull run I've made a hefty chunk of change that I transfer over to bnb and then over to my metamask wallet to use at pancake swap for new NFT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Restonbabe said:

During this bull run I've made a hefty chunk of change that I transfer over to bnb and then over to my metamask wallet to use at pancake swap for new NFT. 

Have you thought about using Spud to convert your TRH into postable crimencies? If you do it alongside the chrome sync then it can be very worthwhile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Did you manage to learn more about binance. 

The earning pool when you transfer money over to it effectively allows you to use your coins to 'lend' to the market in return for a % back. 

During this bull run I've made a hefty chunk of change that I transfer over to bnb and then over to my metamask wallet to use at pancake swap for new NFT. 

Aye my mate mentioned that last night and I had a look. No brained if you are planning on holding for a while

Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Thanks for the advice 👍🏼

 

Chucked my life savings into dogecoin and I'll leave it there for a few years and see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster

The $DOGE that I have access to is flagged to be sold once the price reaches $1USD. It will be traded for safecoins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Thanks for the advice 👍🏼

 

Chucked my life savings into dogecoin and I'll leave it there for a few years and see what happens.

 

SmartSelect_20210508-144703_WhatsApp.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
heartsfc_fan
On 04/05/2021 at 17:09, Restonbabe said:

Head over to the academy it's all there. Plus plesnty of YouTube tutorials to assist you. 

 

Get to the one where it shows you how to leverage your crypto for a 7/30/60/90 return based on the amount you front. 

 

Good way to make even more of a passive income. And you get paid either in bnb or btc. 

 

Once your confident you understand the set up I suggest downloading stoic as an app. 

 

It's basically an ai bot that uses binance to do trades on your behalf. 

 

I'm up over $100k after initially  investing $5000. 

Don't take my word on this the bull run for all crypto is astronomical at the moment and I'm riding the wave. 

 

I've already taken out my stake.

If I get to $500k am withdrawing and playing again with $100k to attempt to make a million. 

 

If I genuinely get to $500k I'm seriously considering retirement!! 

Fair play!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe

My safemoon amount just  keeps on rising and rising. Another 30% gain on it today. That's an average of 23% a day for past 10 days. 

The market cap is rising aswell. The kicker is that there is 15 trillion coins out for circulation. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Smithee
3 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

My safemoon amount just  keeps on rising and rising. Another 30% gain on it today. That's an average of 23% a day for past 10 days. 

The market cap is rising aswell. The kicker is that there is 15 trillion coins out for circulation. 

Ah go for it, make a few quid. I lost all enthusiasm for it but I hope people make money

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah go for it, make a few quid. I lost all enthusiasm for it but I hope people make money

Holding on to this for a while. Longer you hold more you earn. As 5% of every sale gets distributed to holders of the coin. 

If you sell it you forfeit 10% of you profit 5% to binance and 5% to everyone else holding it. 

 

Definitely one to keep an eye out for. Especially when it is listed on the binance exchange.

 

Now the smart thing to do now is buy and hold crypto coins that are listed on apps like robinhood, etoro and other places that you can't withdraw into your own personal wallet as when the dogecoin bubble pops and it takes a tumble. These people will buy up these other coins on the apps. 

Like dash, lisk, montero, neo, omg ether. 

 

Again don't put in what you cannot afford to lose. 

I cannot stress this enough 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Famous 1874

Anyone own any Algorand (ALGO)? Looks quite good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe

So Elon was on SNL.

Just before his appearance,

one whale sold off over a billion coins.

Made the market dip by over 20%. 

Wall Street admitting openly they have shorted doge.

These sharks desperately trying to make the coin crash to get back what they lost. 

Hodl. Buy more in the sale!! 

 

To the moon

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin

Doge down 40% in 24 hours. 

 

Wow such loss, very drop etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
dobmisterdobster

It's still $0.5. Calm down people.

So many noobs FOMO at high prices then get rekt by volatility.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

One Whale seemingly sold 20 million Doge just as SNL started which dropped the market by 20%. Gradually decline since but picking up now. Back up to 55 cents a coin. Only 14% down in last 24 hours. What happened earlier was a Doge Sale. Great time to top up your wallet. Sales over, back to 62/67 shortly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

Any reason why the last couple of posts were deleted mods?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Any reason why the last couple of posts were deleted mods?

Yeah! Why was my post deleted full of amazing information on how to get started. With links and all 

Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
On 08/05/2021 at 23:11, Restonbabe said:

Holding on to this for a while. Longer you hold more you earn. As 5% of every sale gets distributed to holders of the coin. 

If you sell it you forfeit 10% of you profit 5% to binance and 5% to everyone else holding it. 

 

Definitely one to keep an eye out for. Especially when it is listed on the binance exchange.

 

Now the smart thing to do now is buy and hold crypto coins that are listed on apps like robinhood, etoro and other places that you can't withdraw into your own personal wallet as when the dogecoin bubble pops and it takes a tumble. These people will buy up these other coins on the apps. 

Like dash, lisk, montero, neo, omg ether. 

 

Again don't put in what you cannot afford to lose. 

I cannot stress this enough 

 

Excuse my ignorance, because just about all I know about crypto currencies has come from this thread, but what is the point in owning crypto if you can't take it out?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
26 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Yeah! Why was my post deleted full of amazing information on how to get started. With links and all 

Could it be that it was deemed to be verging on offering financial advice, which could put the site in bother when someone loses their life savings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Restonbabe
6 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

 

Excuse my ignorance, because just about all I know about crypto currencies has come from this thread, but what is the point in owning crypto if you can't take it out?

 

 This coin is a ledger for block chain verification. 

Some coins are purley created for transaction verifications. 

 

Nothing wrong with being ignorant. Invest your time and learn about the entire process and it will open your understanding about the whole process. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

Could it be that it was deemed to be verging on offering financial advice, which could put the site in bother when someone loses their life savings.

Or it had a subscription link where the poster would get a bonus for someone signing up through it. Probably a kickback rule against that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Yeah! Why was my post deleted full of amazing information on how to get started. With links and all 

 

I posted links to the Pi and Bee network. Totally free to use but they got removed as well.

 

I'll have just over 1000 Pi before they go live. Fingers crossed 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
fancy a brew
14 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

 This coin is a ledger for block chain verification. 

Some coins are purley created for transaction verifications. 

 

Nothing wrong with being ignorant. Invest your time and learn about the entire process and it will open your understanding about the whole process. 

 

Thanks for replying.

None the wiser tbh. 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Posted (edited)

Anyone else mining on here? Apparently China has banned Mining is some regions so the total Hashing power has went well down. I've went from earning an average of £7.50 a day up to £14 a day between today and yesterday. Long may that continue.

Edited by hughesie27
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Anyone else mining on here? Apparently China has banned Mining is some regions so the total Hashing power has went well down. I've went from earning an average of £7.50 a day up to £14 a day between today and yesterday. Long may that continue.

 

Just started a few days ago. If I mine overnight I should make around £3-6 a day. Sounds very little but after a year it adds up nicely, especially if Bitcoin value continues to rise over time. Should be worthwhile. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Just started a few days ago. If I mine overnight I should make around £3-6 a day. Sounds very little but after a year it adds up nicely, especially if Bitcoin value continues to rise over time. Should be worthwhile. 

Absolutely, what are you using? Are you actually mining Bitcoin or Ethereum?

 

I run mines 24/7. 

Pulling about 230 watts which over a month will cost around £25ish at most. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Absolutely, what are you using? Are you actually mining Bitcoin or Ethereum?

 

I run mines 24/7. 

Pulling about 230 watts which over a month will cost around £25ish at most. 

 

 

Not actually sure, just have it running using Nicehash and just know I get paid bitcoin. 

 

I need my GPU for work so 24/7 isn't an option for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

 

Not actually sure, just have it running using Nicehash and just know I get paid bitcoin. 

 

I need my GPU for work so 24/7 isn't an option for me. 

That's what I use. It mines Ethereum, but they do pay you in BTC. I actually withdraw it into my Coinbase account and have been then converting it into Ethereum as it's price has been going up pretty steadily recently. 

 

Aye, I would quite like to have started playing Resident Evil 8 today but not if it's going to cost me money whilst these Hash rates are sky high!

 

My temps seem pretty decent. GPU @ 50-56 degrees. VRAM at a constant 90 degrees. Hash rate usually around 95 MH/s.

Edited by hughesie27
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ray Gin
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

That's what I use. It mines Ethereum, but they do pay you in BTC. I actually withdraw it into my Coinbase account and have been then converting it into Ethereum as it's price has been going up pretty steadily recently. 

 

Aye, I would quite like to have started playing Resident Evil 8 today but not if it's going to cost me money whilst these Hash rates are sky high!

 

I'd rather play for a couple of hours and buy £2 of bitcoin myself tbh. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

 

I'd rather play for a couple of hours and buy £2 of bitcoin myself tbh. 😂

The game already cost me £40!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

I wish he never bothered. I bought £50 of SHIBA on Monday when it listed on Binance and this eejit just halfed the value!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...