'Hearts are in a relegation battle'

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am not even sure what argument you are trying to make other than saying a loss to the vermin is acceptable, which is unsurprising coming from you.

What does  acceptable even ****ing mean in your head?

My argument is you don't judge managers over one or two games, you judge them overall.

Not surprised you missed that.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct.

That's my point.

You haven't learned from wanting Robbie gone and celebrating Cathro.

You'd do it again.

I’ll admit when I’m wrong, I thought we’d be in for a long season down the bottom end tbh. Delighted with recent results, especially the clean sheets.

onwards and upwards, FTH.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Over 12 years that's more like 12 a day. Just saying.

Sound. I am glad you took the time to work it out. More tragic behaviour.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

That's my point.

You haven't learned from wanting Robbie gone and celebrating Cathro.

You'd do it again.

What is there to learn Tosh? Saying Neilson should not have been fired post pub team would not have changed things one iota. I do not expect Ann Budge to act on my opinion on here but equally I am allowed to disagree with the decision makers.

I happen to think HMFC has certain standards. Losing 3 cup ties in a row to the vermin is not acceptable for that reason.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

What is there to learn Tosh? Saying Neilson should not have been fired post pub team would not have changed things one iota. I do not expect Ann Budge to act on my opinion on here but equally I am allowed to disagree with the decision makers.

I happen to think HMFC has certain standards. Losing 3 cup ties in a row to the vermin is not acceptable for that reason.

Well said Geoff!

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Spot on. Lose another cup tie to that lot and heads should roll.

Like you say though, shiny new stand > product on pitch for some.

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I am not even sure what argument you are trying to make other than saying a loss to the vermin is acceptable, which is unsurprising coming from you.

HAHA!  "Hibs for the Cup!" eh Tosh!    :laugh:

gorgie rd eh11
11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Sound. I am glad you took the time to work it out. More tragic behaviour.

It's simple stuff Geoff. 12 posts a day, 365 days of the year, for 12 years.

And you're calling people tragic.  :teehee:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

It's simple stuff Geoff. 12 posts a day, 365 days of the year, for 12 years.

And you're calling people tragic.  :teehee:

Missed 3 leap years in there :)

Still, I am glad my post count bothers other people more than me. Maybe I should have asked for it to be reset or deleted my account and signed up again as it obviously should be a source of embarrassment. :rolleyes:

We are not in a relegation battle but are not safe from relegation. I am an optimist so I tend to look up the table rather than down.  Last night was a good performance except for the first 10 minutes of the second half. To be fair to Levein he changed the formation and we then dominated.

We will be competitive against every other team in the league bar Celtic and hopefully improve the squad in January. The anti Levein moon howlers and vermin may not like this but nothing will.

21 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So if we lose the cup tie and Levein goes, the next manager should also go if he loses his first cup tie against them? Or is it because you see CL as complicit in the previous two defeats.

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So if we lose the cup tie and Levein goes, the next manager should also go if he loses his first cup tie against them? Or is it because you see CL as complicit in the previous two defeats.

The last part. That is the difference. If he had not been involved with Neilson or Cathro it would be a different story.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

No, it's three strikes and you're out !

He could win the game however and all would be well, even if our League form was desperate !

?

22 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

We are not in a relegation battle but are not safe from relegation. I am an optimist so I tend to look up the table rather than down.  Last night was a good performance except for the first 10 minutes of the second half. To be fair to Levein he changed the formation and we then dominated.

We will be competitive against every other team in the league bar Celtic and hopefully improve the squad in January. The anti Levein moon howlers and vermin may not like this but nothing will.

Well the next 3/4 games will prove your theory either way I would imagine. Hope you are correct.

Whilst goal scoring remains a problem, for the team, there is the potential to go back into slump mode.

We won't get relegated ffs. Yes we're poor but so is most of the league.

We'll be somewhere between 4th and 7th which isn't great (obviously) but as long as the signs of improvement continue, the young 'uns get some more game time and we finally beat the wee team again I could live with that. Then fingers crossed we'll make a real push on for the 'next level' in the summer recruitment.

Coburg Hearts
10 hours ago, Ryder said:

Thought so. No offence taken. :)

Sorry. :smile: Took my eye of the ball for a nano second. ;)

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Well said Geoff!

Its really not tho, its three different managers.

It makes no sense at all.

Sack CL because Cathro lost to hibs last year and Robbie lost to hibs and a Maltease team 2 years ago!

It's absolute horse shit of the highest nature.

Absolute Crackers.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Madness.

different managers and 9 different players.

He still defends wanting Robbie gone and the appointment of Cathro based on losing a 2nd round qualifier. Says it all.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

HAHA!  "Hibs for the Cup!" eh Tosh!    :laugh:

Only a few posters go on about hibs cup win, it isn't me.

Some might say certain posters are obsessed with hibs winning the cup. Mention it all the time.

Whatever floats your boat. You and some others go on about it more than the hibs fans I know. Congratulations on that.

10 hours ago, Ryder said:

Just for starting laughs... Oh, NANO!

Not really sure why you quoted me in this.

I said that if we do not take 6 points against Motherwell and Dundee then we would be in trouble as we have some very hard games coming up.

We have taken 6 points so are in a much more comfortable position.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

We could always try appointing one with a winning mentality whose capable of putting out a team, which can punch above its own weight.

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Spot on. Lose another cup tie to that lot and heads should roll.

Like you say though, shiny new stand > product on pitch for some.

nobody is saying that. Some are saying that we can take a long term view of our football club and losing one game to the hobos does not change that view. Our long term strategy is to have a steady stream of young players coming from the academy into the first team and this is starting to come to fruition. Losing a game to the hibs will not change that.  

34 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Not really sure why you quoted me in this.

I said that if we do not take 6 points against Motherwell and Dundee then we would be in trouble as we have some very hard games coming up.

We have taken 6 points so are in a much more comfortable position.

Ignore Ryder - he quoted everybody FFS!   He must have been up all night trolling through all the posts on this threat that he judged to be negative in his tiny mind - how SAD!   :sad:

Your point is absolutely correct - nobody said we WOULD be relegated only we would be in a relegation battle IF form and results did not improve.  Thankfully they have in the last 2 games at home against Motherwell and Dundee - let's hope they continue to improve.

51 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Only a few posters go on about hibs cup win, it isn't me.

Some might say certain posters are obsessed with hibs winning the cup. Mention it all the time.

Whatever floats your boat. You and some others go on about it more than the hibs fans I know. Congratulations on that.

Cheers.....never let them (you) forget - as the old saying goes!  :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

nobody is saying that. Some are saying that we can take a long term view of our football club and losing one game to the hobos does not change that view. Our long term strategy is to have a steady stream of young players coming from the academy into the first team and this is starting to come to fruition. Losing a game to the hibs will not change that.  

It's not one game though, it's now normality. It has to stop.

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's not one game though, it's now normality. It has to stop.

Agreed.

We really need a win against Hibs on the 27th to galvanise the support.

9 matches without a win against that lot is unthinkable!

5 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Agreed.

We really need a win against Hibs on the 27th to galvanise the support.

9 matches without a win against that lot is unthinkable!

Your post was quoted in error. Apologies.

This is all a bit bizarre.

One thing we can be sure of is that everyone, yup, even those who have been quoted in Ryder's name and shame, will have been delighted to get a couple of wins under the belt in these last two games.

Its not like those who have been named earlier will have been sitting praying for Motherwell and Dundee wins as some bonkers means of being proven right on the internet.

Geoff the Mince
13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Ignore Ryder - he quoted everybody FFS!   He must have been up all night trolling through all the posts on this threat that he judged to be negative in his tiny mind - how SAD!   :sad:

Your point is absolutely correct - nobody said we WOULD be relegated only we would be in a relegation battle IF form and results did not improve.  Thankfully they have in the last 2 games at home against Motherwell and Dundee - let's hope they continue to improve.

It's quite pathetic that a grown man would act the way he has,  I suppose his life must be pretty empty. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

It's quite pathetic that a grown man would act the way he has,  I suppose his life must be pretty empty. 

Sad indeed - hope he's not alone at Christmas! :sad:

6 minutes ago, Erik said:

One thing we can be sure of is that everyone, yup, even those who have been quoted in Ryder's name and shame, will have been delighted to get a couple of wins under the belt in these last two games.

Its not like those who have been named earlier will have been sitting praying for Motherwell and Dundee wins as some bonkers means of being proven right on the internet.

Ryder, in his mind, thinks we all are Erik!    :rolleyes2:

22 minutes ago, Erik said:

So... quite clearly not in a relegation battle then? Great. Glad we’ve cleared that up. :)

1 hour ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Its really not tho, its three different managers.

It makes no sense at all.

Sack CL because Cathro lost to hibs last year and Robbie lost to hibs and a Maltease team, whose players work on the beach full time hiring equipment to tourists, 2 years ago!

It's absolute horse shit of the highest nature.

Absolute Crackers.

There you are now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Absolutely. He deserves credit for blooding youngsters, probably before they are ready.

Looked better than what we have in the experienced pool. I would say some are very definitely ready, at least to play cameo roles. Excellent management last evening.

15 minutes ago, Ryder said:

So... quite clearly not in a relegation battle then? Great. Glad we’ve cleared that up. :)

After beating Motherwell and Dundee - no!   :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Looked better than what we have in the experienced pool. I would say some are very definitely ready, at least to play cameo roles. Excellent management last evening.

Credit where credit is due - Levein had the bottle to play these 3 youngsters and it paid off.

9 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

What times the "relegation battle  big light switch on?

Come again Tosh?

40 minutes ago, Erik said:

Bizarre ? I'll give you bizarre !

According to our Aussie-based poster, we could win our next twenty League games but lose the Cup game and he would want Levein gone.

Putting it into perspective, that's three wins against Hibs, Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen and another eight against other teams.

Cuckoo bizarro !

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Come again Tosh?

When does the relegation battle begin.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Credit where credit is due - Levein had the bottle to play these 3 youngsters and it paid off.

Not just playing them, getting them into Hearts and giving them an environment to succeed. Craig got his management structure wrong but not at youth level.

11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

After beating Motherwell and Dundee - no!   :thumbsup:

So we were in a relegation battle before we beat Dundee and Motherwell? You’re sticking to that? 

Just now, BigDave'sHeed said:

When does the relegation battle begin.

Cheers - always better if you ask the questions in English.  :thumbsup:

To summarise, BEFORE the Motherwell and Dundee games, many expressed concerns that unless our form and results improved we COULD get drawn into a "relegation battle".

I am delighted to confirm that we beat both Motherwell and Dundee, and we are now sitting 5th - therefore at this time there would seem to be no threat of a "relegation battle".  :smile:

A relegation battle would only "begin" if our performances slumped again and we lost a run of games.

Hope that clarifies. Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

So we were in a relegation battle before we beat Dundee and Motherwell? You’re sticking to that? 

If we had lost to Motherwell and Dundee, I think we could well have been drawn into a relegation battle.  We now have 4 very tough league games coming up.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not just playing them, getting them into Hearts and giving them an environment to succeed. Craig got his management structure wrong but not at youth level.

The evidence of last night is that our academy is producing very good prospects.  As D of F (at the time) I give Levein credit for that.

That does not change my view on the state of our first team caused by the horrendous recruitment of Cathro and dozens of hopeless players.

Archived