Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I’ll tell you what though, Stewart has nailed  his balls to the mast now. When Levein turns the team around he’s going to look pretty ****ing stupid if he doesn’t give him praise. Can’t wait. :lol:

Levein ain't turning this around, unless you mean turning around as in winning a couple of games here and there, that might happen but I'm pretty certain that until Levein is gone we're going to be stuck with the miserable displays we've became used to over the last year - year and a half.

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mellor said:

For somebody who likes to come across as a seasoned guru of the game, Levein is remarkably thin skinned. The only person who sounds 'hysterical' here is him. As the man who sanctioned the Cathro fiasco and who has hardly set the heather alight since stepping into try and salvage things he's hardly immune from justified criticism.

Oh great, the hobo is back. You know you are talking shite when Mellor backs you up

46 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I was devastated when we beat Braga to qualify for the UC group stages, and beating Bordeaux in France was just such a loser thing to do too.

How did the Bordeaux tie finish up again? People dining out on a UEFA cup that we LOST, 14 years later. We had a couple of UEFA cup runs yes . Were we within touching distance of the Semi Finals as we were in 1989..No. I'm not advocating Alex MacDonald be appointed manager now. 

I also remember the annual 4th round Scottish Cup defeats under Levein, something he has managed to replicate as DOF. We also conceded 4 to Hibs at Tynie, the only time that has happened in my 40 years as a fan. There were highs and lows but in time, he will not be remembered as a successful Hearts manager in the way Sergio or Jefferies will be.

I wasn’t a fan of Stewart as a player, but as a pundit, I have found myself agreeing with him about us quite a lot recently. 

If Levein thinks it is out of order though, then he is right to defend himself and us.  

I just hope it is followed up by a good performance and three points.  

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Better questions raised by the topic of the thread are:

Has Stewart been unprofessional?

Has he allowed his punditry on Hearts games to be affected by a personal grudge?

Should the BBC pull Stewart up on this?

Answers: No. No. Definitely not.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really..He said hearys were terrible last week and Ross couunty were the better side.. showed the only moments of quality. Lies lies lies .. 

There was very little quality on show Last week.

Hitting shots from distance or headers from corners are not exactly quality. Getting in behind the opposition often is quality, we were scarce on that last week.

We have not played well for a long time now that very very average performances are now getting described as 'excellent', 'well, etc.

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I’ll tell you what though, Stewart has nailed  his balls to the mast now. When Levein turns the team around he’s going to look pretty ****ing stupid if he doesn’t give him praise. Can’t wait. :lol:

He gave him praise after the Aberdeen game, we all did. I thought ya beauty , but ffs we're absolute pish at the moment. Hopefully it's all good starting from today.

55 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I was devastated when we beat Braga to qualify for the UC group stages, and beating Bordeaux in France was just such a loser thing to do too.

Individual games now. 

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

How did the Bordeaux tie finish up again? People dining out on a UEFA cup that we LOST, 14 years later. We had a couple of UEFA cup runs yes . Were we within touching distance of the Semi Finals as we were in 1989..No. I'm not advocating Alex MacDonald be appointed manager now. 

I also remember the annual 4th round Scottish Cup defeats under Levein, something he has managed to replicate as DOF. We also conceded 4 to Hibs at Tynie, the only time that has happened in my 40 years as a fan. There were highs and lows but in time, he will not be remembered as a successful Hearts manager in the way Sergio or Jefferies will be.

He is the type of fan who celebrates failure 

5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Levein ain't turning this around, unless you mean turning around as in winning a couple of games here and there, that might happen but I'm pretty certain that until Levein is gone we're going to be stuck with the miserable displays we've became used to over the last year - year and a half.

Nae bother Mickey, we’ll have to wait and see on that one I’m afraid. :)

kingantti1874
Just now, Gambo said:

There was very little quality on show Last week.

Hitting shots from distance or headers from corners are not exactly quality. Getting in behind the opposition often is quality, we were scarce on that last week.

We have not played well for a long time now that very very average performances are now getting described as 'excellent', 'well, etc.

Again.. its virtually impossible get in behind teams defending in numbers in their own box. Celtic didn't manage it the week before.. if you can't or won't recognise this then there's no hope for you.. the reason they were so deep was because we were also far on top..if isma had taken one of his many chances we'd have won 3 or 4

7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

This thread has really shown you up. You don't support our club, you support an ex-player instead. Thankfully, you have been ripped apart by Hearts fans on here

I support Heart of Midlothian FC, through thick and thin. Just not scared to say we are crap when we are crap.

You though seem to support Craig Levein.

Ripped apart? All I can see is poor wee souls saying Stewart is not allowed an honest opinion because he does not like Levein. Not seen any other arguement.

Do you think we have played well this season?

23 minutes ago, karipidis said:

This 4% of shots ‘analysis’ was desperation on Stewart’s part. The reason we had so many shots outside the box was due to the space created from our good build up play and the amount of time we had to get our shot away. The 4% is so vague and will take all different shots in to consideration. The type of shots we had from outside the box (space, time and really only the goalie to beat) will have a lot higher % than 4%! A confident and inform Walker would score about 30-40% from the range he was hitting them at. 

Against cowdenbeath at home for example, 10-0 plenty chances, 5 of them were outside the box... 3 pens and 2 from inside the 18. Does that mean we played badly?

How many skacel goals were outside the box?

The distance shouldn't matter it's the number on target. 

If shots were to be analysed then analyse Isma not scoring. 

As you say walker normally scores at least 1 of them

Voice of reason
5 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Answers: No. No. Definitely not.

The first two are 'Yes' without any doubt.

10 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Third place is no good for me without cup runs. His cup runs were appalling and probably poorer than any manager in the last 30 or 40 years. Unbeaten runs excluding the OF are not unbeaten runs. We were unbeaten out with the OF for half a season under Sandy Clark but that doesn't mean he was a great manager. Levein will win us nothing not because of players but because of his footballing philosophy.  If, as I doubt, he is still here at the end of the season then ST sales will dictate whether that is acceptable to most fans

Does getting to the Europa league group stages not count as a cup run? Or at least doing well? I never said we went on an unbeaten run outwith the old firm. I said we didn't lose to a team outwith the old firm for over a year. Important distinction. I suspect if we went on a similar run now, people would be pretty chuffed. But, it seems, only if Craig Levein isn't the one in charge.

Also, there seems to be this idea that we've always played defensive football under Levein. He's always had the attitude of win the battle, then play football but that doesn't mean it's a fearful, defensive philosophy. I appreciate that we haven't exactly been a team of battlers for a while but I don't doubt that will return.

16 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Levein is manager of the team, when we play badly (which has been quite a lot recently) who when talking about Hearts ate Stewart and MacKay supposed to mention?

Are Hearts fans not allowed to say we are performing poorly?

How does these comments after games stop Levein getting it right on the park?

Glad to see though that you agree with Stewart that performances have been poor......what is your agenda against Levein?

I've expressed my opinion on this Geoff, if you want to feel justified in disliking what's happening at Hearts then on you go. 

I'm sure myself and others are going to give Levein a decent crack at it over the season or so before constantly criticizing and moaning about it. 

He might do a good job, he might not but while we're in this position, what good does it do trying to constantly undermine and attack the club at every turn? 

Why not just give it a chance? 

20 minutes ago, Ryder said:

So you agree with Stewart that things need to turn around?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

I've expressed my opinion on this Geoff, if you want to feel justified in disliking what's happening at Hearts then on you go. 

I'm sure myself and others are going to give Levein a decent crack at it over the season or so before constantly criticizing and moaning about it. 

He might do a good job, he might not but while we're in this position, what good does it do trying to constantly undermine and attack the club at every turn? 

Er, you quoted Gambo! :laugh:

BTW, I'm not calling for Levein's head, for the record. I'd give him the January window.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

He is getting a chance, but is it not okay as Hearts fans after a game to say we played poorly?

That has been the case a lot of times this season imo.

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Er, you quoted Gambo! :laugh:

BTW, I'm not calling for Levein's head, for the record. I'd give him the January window.

:laugh: so I have. 

It'll suit Gambo anyway. 

23 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So it is only about last week?

Was he correct after making comments re the Rangers/Hibs/Killie/Partick game?

No, given that Levein references last Saturday in his interview I’d suggest last sat evening was a tipping point. I agree with him on that one. Stewart finally blew it for me as a pundit last sat evening. He was just simply lying on national radio and his bosses seemed happy to allow it. One of his colleagues (another ex-Hearts player who was quickly shown the door) weighed in and agreed with him despite not even being at the game. No credibility left I’m afraid. No one has a problem with justifiable criticism but making stuff up to support your agenda just isnt next. Even you haven’t reached that low level with your views on CL and I don’t think you will. Get my point?

17 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Better questions raised by the topic of the thread are:

Has Stewart been unprofessional?

Has he allowed his punditry on Hearts games to be affected by a personal grudge?

Should the BBC pull Stewart up on this?

No to all of the above 

Roasters on here turn their ire on those who criticise no matter how justified 

19 defeats in last 38 league games and some are on here staunchly defending the man who has overseen things during that period 

What a ****ing embarrassment 

I like Levein and despise Stewart.

I suppose in one way I’d have preferred Levein to rise above this.  On the other hand the £1 comment is brilliant (and correct).

Stewart will never forgive Levein as the man who totally found him out.  

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Again.. its virtually impossible get in behind teams defending in numbers in their own box. Celtic didn't manage it the week before.. if you can't or won't recognise this then there's no hope for you.. the reason they were so deep was because we were also far on top..if isma had taken one of his many chances we'd have won 3 or 4

We should have won i agree. We played slightly better than the week before. I just dont think we played well or the excellent as one poster called it.

We will imo need to play better today to win.

12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ha! People call Craig a loser and say he never did anything as a manager. People mention his league stats and his good European results and performances. Then it’s back to using JJ and Sergio as a stick to beat him. One was my all time favourite manager an the other gave me my best ever experience as a Hearts supporter. Difference between us is, I can praise them all and keep some context and perspective, you write Levein off as a “loser” and make out the other two were perfect despite their flaws. It’s incredible the lengths some go to to deny Levein any praise, despite the amount of his life he has devoted to this club. Some even claiming their Dad has done more because he’s seen more Hearts players.

28 minutes ago, karipidis said:

This 4% of shots ‘analysis’ was desperation on Stewart’s part. The reason we had so many shots outside the box was due to the space created from our good build up play and the amount of time we had to get our shot away. The 4% is so vague and will take all different shots in to consideration. The type of shots we had from outside the box (space, time and really only the goalie to beat) will have a lot higher % than 4%! A confident and inform Walker would score about 30-40% from the range he was hitting them at. 

This 4% stat has annoyed me a bit. I wonder how many goals are scored from rebounds from such shots, either off the keeper or off defenders. Long shots, if they're on, are worth taking.

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So you agree with Stewart that things need to turn around?

I think things looked like they had started to turn around last weekend. Hopefully we build on that today. I am patient and realise it’ll take a little time.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Spencer said:

No to all of the above 

Roasters on here turn their ire on those who criticise no matter how justified 

19 defeats in last 38 league games and some are on here staunchly defending the man who has overseen things during that period 

What a ****ing embarrassment 

Settle Spencer. Most people's default position is set to "defend the club" by default.

Seething about Levein equally achieves nothing. We are in a holding pattern in terms of the squad's ability until 1 January and then money has to be found from somewhere for some fresh blood into the team. You can argue that Levein shouldn't be allowed to do so and that's fair enough but that is a helluva lot of upheaval in the busiest time of the season.

The key for me is the cup game against the vermin. We must progress past that tie or Levein should be gone. No ifs or buts.

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, given that Levein references last Saturday in his interview I’d suggest last sat evening was a tipping point. I agree with him on that one. Stewart finally blew it for me as a pundit last sat evening. He was just simply lying on national radio and his bosses seemed happy to allow it. One of his colleagues (another ex-Hearts player who was quickly shown the door) weighed in and agreed with him despite not even being at the game. No credibility left I’m afraid. No one has a problem with justifiable criticism but making stuff up to support your agenda just isnt next. Even you haven’t reached that low level with your views on CL and I don’t think you will. Get my point?

I get your point, but we will have to agree to disagree on our views of last weeks performance, I think Stewart got it about 90% right. I say that with no agenda.

Maybe if we had not been crap in the previous games there would be no tipping point for Levein.

30 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

I must have been watching a diff sportscene to you... although MS was scathing he analysed our opportunities in detail and in particular our chances inside the box which weren’t ‘solid’ or ‘set up’ they were as a result of efforts outside the box or mix ups in defence of which Ross County were pretty solid.

We created next to nothing inside the box and relied on shooting from distance while RC had plenty of men in defence. They set themselves up not to be defeated - we had no way through and Goncalves needs some practice in front of goal he was awful.

Please read my post again. My issue with Stewart is that his comments on radio on Saturday were very different to his comments on Tv on Sunday. Sat was just lies to make a point. Most of his points on Sunday were valid.  Most of  his stuff on  saturday just not true or factual. 

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I think things looked like they had started to turn around last weekend. Hopefully we build on that today. I am patient and realise it’ll take a little time.

Hopefully they do, we can agree on that.

I think every Hearts fan wants us to be successful under Levein.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We should have won i agree. We played slightly better than the week before. I just dont think we played well or the excellent as one poster called it.

We will imo need to play better today to win.

It wasn't excellent.. I agree.. but there's no way that performance should be being used as a stick to beat levein.. I couldn't even begin to try and list the number of games where we've been far far worse but it would be in the hundreds.. no way a Jim Jefferies woukd have been criricised for that and we were far worse at times under him

When I awoke to the comeback from CL this morning I immediately was over the moon ?

To the folk who live in la-la land saying he needs to focus on the park! Get a grip...

This is his first response to constant criticism and what he considers an agenda driven one at that...

My fear recently having been a long term fan of CL is that he has mellowed and softened too much with age...

To put up with what has been served under IC made me think he has lost that desire and thirst to compete...

Even at the touchline I have my reservations about his desire to be there these days as CL as much as he is an intelligent guy and knows the game, a BIG part of his man management and respect from his staff historically surrounds his no nonsense aggresive manner that we so badly need...

His retort here is a wee sign to me, as others have said also, that the bear may have just be awoken!!

Cmon the Hearts, lets fecking give the Accies a doing today ??❤ 

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Yeah, every time Mickey passed to the advertising hoardings and then blamed Ian Black, all I could think was: “wow, what bottle”. 

I didn't say he was any good :lol:

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I get your point, but we will have to agree to disagree on our views of last weeks performance, I think Stewart got it about 90% right. I say that with no agenda.

Maybe if we had not been crap in the previous games there would be no tipping point for Levein.

Given that what he said on Saturday was very different to what he said on Sunday which of the two do you think he got 90% right?

10 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He’s spot on. I won’t deny that a lot of what Stewart says is solid analysis, but how can someone who has clearly such an agenda be allowed to constantly have digs? We created a lot of chances last week but Stewart is very selective in his analysis.

The final paragraph is amazing. Stewart was absolutely minging in his first spell.

This reeks of Levein being the biggest crybaby on the planet. It's obvous he can't take anyone criticizing his teams performances. Why he is picking on Stewart is unknown but it could be  because Stewart is calling it right. Nothing he has said on Sportscene can be said to be out of order i'd say Stewart has been spot on. 

This raises more questions about Levein's judgement more than anythng else.

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

He is getting a chance, but is it not okay as Hearts fans after a game to say we played poorly?

That has been the case a lot of times this season imo.

Hearts supporters are entitled to say what they want but I wouldn't be paying any lip service to Stewart whether he has reasonable basis to his opinion or not.

His opinions are clouded by his agenda against Levein and he is clearly using his position within the media to purposely sway supporters opinions against CL, which ultimately undermines Hearts.

I haven't seen him writing articles and voicing his displeasure at St Johnstone and Tommy Wright this season, on a weekly basis despite them being just as bad as ourselves and not having gone through the trauma of Ian Cathro. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

This reeks of Levein being the biggest crybaby on the planet. It's obvous he can't take anyone criticizing his teams performances. Why he is picking on Stewart is unknown but it could be  because Stewart is calling it right. Nothing he has said on Sportscene can be said to be out of order i'd say Stewart has been spot on. 

This raises more questions about Levein's judgement more than anythng else.

Once again it's not sportscene it's was sportsound.. this isn't hard

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I have my doubts tbh. Not about you, but some of the things I overheard from my new seat last weekend left me utterly perplexed at how I could have been watching the same match as some of them. Here’s to three points today. I’m going to stick a bit of cash on us.

So it's one specific programme of sportsound that he's complaining about where he thinks Stewart being horrible about him. Poor Craig.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

So it's one specific programme of sportsound that he's complaining about where he thinks Stewart being horrible about him. Poor Craig.

its every week on that programme and papers and tv

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Once again it's not sportscene it's was sportsound.. this isn't hard

But Mitch is agenda leader. 

Well whether we agree that stewart is entitled to an opinion or not at last CL has responded and good on him

I remember the days when we backed our club /managers / players against any outside critics.

these twats that sit on the sidelines commenting with there toy town graphics should not be immune to criticism.

stewart was one of a history of players who weren’t as good as they thought they were but had potential to be better than they were.

he clearly has transferred that into punditry.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Individual games now. 

:facepalm:

ok, consecutive top 3 finishes for the first time since....

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I have my doubts tbh. Not about you, but some of the things I overheard from my new seat last weekend left me utterly perplexed at how I could have been watching the same match as some of them. Here’s to three points today. I’m going to stick a bit of cash on us.

Hope you have better luck than me, I have been lumping my 50p on 4 and 5 nothing victories.

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

I actually don't believe that is true. Otherwise he's get the credit when it is deserved.. writing off his record first time around is bizarre..  and the usual suspects were not able by their absence when the great progress our youth teams have and continue to make under his guidance.

It's pathetic 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

its every week on that programme

Everyweek we all hear or read on here about fans slagging Levein off isn't it just the case that Stewart is just spot on with his comments ? I'd say 99 if not 100%  of what i've heard Stewart says is correct although i must admit i haven't heard everything he's said on that programme.

Archived