Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Ryder said:

A thousand times more than Mr Pointy-finger Shit Pass, that’s for sure.

Image result for giggle

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Elias Henry Furst

Cowdenbeath and Hearts as a player.

Cowdenbeath, Hearts, Leicester City, Dundee Utd and Scotland as a manager.

If you take each of they periods of his career in context and then still try and sneer at his lack of medals then you’re an arsehole. 

Plenty to debate and criticise Levein on without resorting to the Hibs fans favourite, uneducated jibe.

Nothing wrong with what he’s said. He’s correct in that the BBC are meant to be impartial and haven’t been and he’s correct in saying Michael Stewart has went OTT recently. His closing gambit is also bang on the money. Michael Stewart gave nothing to Hearts and was at times a liability.

I’m happy to see Levein retaliate as that’s exactly what he would’ve done 15 years ago. It perhaps shows there’s still some fire in his belly.

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

So does this mean we have been playing great football and had great results?

Are you Michael Stewart in disguise?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

They don't, but I shouldn't be seen trying to justify what that rocket Stewart says. 

Levein will turn this around, Stewarts agenda is fanning the flames against Levein from within the support. 

Honestly, Michael Stewart is a nasty piece of shite who is trying to undermine this club. 

**** him and all that sail with that roaster.

He's a bitter wee  man who is frolicking at  our club under achieving.

He's doing this by constantly attacking our manager who he doesn't personally like, that much is clear.

Anyone with a clear personal agenda loses credibility no matter if they actually have valid points or concerns because no matter what there is never any balance.

Unfortunately, results are giving him ammunition at the moment, as soon as we win a couple  of games, like many posters on here he will go silent, only to re-appear when there is something to moan about.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

7 pages and still no one can tell us what Stewart has said that is so wrong.

He's  being a twat and continually attacking the manager of the club you are meant to support.

Now't wrong that I guess if you don't mind your team getting ripped to bits in the msn.

31 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No good as MANAGER.  No one is criticising their playing ability but none of them were winners. Levein is not a winner as a manager simply because he is too cautious and feart in big games. His record proves that.

His record proves nothing of the sort. First time around he took over a disinterested team and built one that got back to back third place finishes. If I remember correctly, we didn't lose to any team at Tynecastle outwith the old firm for over a year. We didn't win any trophies, no, but Celtic and Rangers were totally different back then. We did make the Europa league and beat teams like Braga and Bordeaux. We also regularly shattered Hibs.

Levein is a good Manager. It took a while for him to turn us around last time and it's taking a while this time. I don't have any doubt that he'll do it though. 

1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He's a bitter wee  man who is frolicking at  our club under achieving.

He's doing this by constantly attacking our manager who he doesn't personally like, that much is clear.

Anyone with a clear personal agenda loses credibility no matter if they actually have valid points or concerns because no matter what there is never any balance.

Unfortunately, results are giving him ammunition at the moment, as soon as we win a couple  of games, like many posters on here he will go silent, only to re-appear when there is something to moan about.

Exactly. 

Folk shouldn't be paying that prick lip service on here. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly. 

Folk shouldn't be paying that prick lip service on here. 

So if anyone on here criticises a lack of width and pace, do they have a personal vendetta too?

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

He's  being a twat and continually attacking the manager of the club you are meant to support.

Now't wrong that I guess if you don't mind your team getting ripped to bits in the msn.

Have we been playing poor?

Could results have been better?

Well! This is fun! Looks like both CL and MS  have succeeded. 

MS cements his reputation as a "fearless and candid" pundit. Except he comes across as a bitter little man with a grudge.

CL at last shows a bit of fight, and has a go back. Personally, I'm delighted. CL wasn't shy about having a go at the SFA (or anyone else) last time round, and one of my biggest concerns over the past months is that he's been too passive. Let's hope he uses it to inject a bit more fight into the team today.

Right, I'm off to the game. Let's see who's right.

Just now, Gambo said:

Is that what this is about?

No, and you know it

9 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

While MS is correct at times, even on those occasions he remains very, very bitter. 

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

I will ask the Jkb massive again.......are results and performances poor?

AS with all things it’s about common-sense. Stewart has an agenda as do you re Levein. Last Sat on Sports sound Stewart kept saying that Hearts were dire v Rosss COunty and didnt create any decent football or chances. Complete crap. By Sunday on Sportscene he had changed the script to ‘didn’t create any good chances in the penalty area’. Again complete crap, Isma missed three inside six yard box. What credibility he had in terms of reporting on Hearts disappeared completely for me at that point. Clearly has an agenda re Hearts and Levein. Gone past the point of reason so no point listening to him now  because his viewpoint never changes. Very similar to yourself re Levein. 

****ing pathetic the pair o them.

Levein thinks we doing well ?!?!

Michael Stewart says we aren’t.

I believe MS at the moment.

But the whole grudge/vendetta thing is laughable and shouldn’t be given airtime. It’s obvious to all that we are very poor right now but this wee hissy fit has set Levein up to be seriously ridiculed if we lose/draw again v Hamilton. 

Last weekend we battered Ross county and what was his analysis... our shots weren't true because of the distance they were hit. People genuinely believe we played guff after listening to this.

Yet he had praise for Ross county hitting the post (shot off target) and an offside shot. 

If he wants to look at negative play why not analyse county parking the bus.

If hitting the post is better than shots from range why was he so critical after Kilmarnock where we had more chances and hit the post twice with isma then missing a 1v1. We created chances but couldn't get the win and were done on the break. 

No we have not played well but his analysis has got people being overly critical of levein when really they need to watch the game themselves and make a decision.

Also was the football any better under csaba? Let's get behind our team and support the badge, not constantly focus on negatives when we need picked up 

10 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Without spending time traveling through hours of his embittered agenda driven ramblings, if he’s said Ross County were the better team on Saturday, then that for starters. I was actually at the stadium watching the game though, so I was spared having to listen to the guy. Or Preston for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is that what this is about?

No, and you know it

So please tell me what it is about.

I have heard Stewart go on for weeks about how bad we are playing.....what else is It?

1 minute ago, CBjambo said:

****ing pathetic the pair o them.

Levein thinks we doing well ?!?!

Michael Stewart says we aren’t.

I believe MS at the moment.

But the whole grudge/vendetta thing is laughable and shouldn’t be given airtime. It’s obvious to all that we are very poor right now but this wee hissy fit has set Levein up to be seriously ridiculed if we lose/draw again v Hamilton. 

Levein's already getting seriously ridiculed if we lose or draw v Hamilton, his cheerleaders on here and the radio will see to that

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

AS with all things it’s about common-sense. Stewart has an agenda as do you re Levein. Last Sat on Sports sound Stewart kept saying that Hearts were dire v Rosss COunty and didnt create any decent football or chances. Complete crap. By Sunday on Sportscene he had changed the script to ‘didn’t create any good chances in the penalty area’. Again complete crap, Isma missed three inside six yard box. What credibility he had in terms of reporting on Hearts disappeared completely for me at that point. Clearly has an agenda re Hearts and Levein. Gone past the point of reason so no point listening to him now  because his viewpoint never changes. Very similar to yourself re Levein. 

So it is only about last week?

Was he correct after making comments re the Rangers/Hibs/Killie/Partick game?

8 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

What's he been saying that's nonsense, I thought his analysis on the game last week was spot on, he pointed out the 'chances' created were mostly from outside the box and actually provided a stat that only 4% of shots from outside the box hit the back of the net, fair analysis in my opinion.

You can not like someone but still have a fair balanced opinion on them, if we were playing to an acceptable standard and getting results then you'd be asking a few questions on why he's saying a few negative things but we've been rotten and he can see that as clear as you and me.

This 4% of shots ‘analysis’ was desperation on Stewart’s part. The reason we had so many shots outside the box was due to the space created from our good build up play and the amount of time we had to get our shot away. The 4% is so vague and will take all different shots in to consideration. The type of shots we had from outside the box (space, time and really only the goalie to beat) will have a lot higher % than 4%! A confident and inform Walker would score about 30-40% from the range he was hitting them at. 

August Landmesser
9 hours ago, Pistol1874 said:

Can anyone spot a poster with an agenda against Craig Levein on this thread?

It might be my imagination, but I think there might be one or two. They're so subtle about it though, it's hard to be sure!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Gambo said:

I have heard Stewart go on for weeks about how bad we are playing.....what else is It?

That's easy. Michael Stewart dislikes Craig Levein and dislikes his role at Heart of Midlothian. Within that, he is (accurately) stating the problems that Heart of Midlothian face.

Craig Levein is responding to the personal attacks, which gives him the opportunity to deflect the issues facing the team. That's Stewart's fault for openly admitting his dislike for Craig Levein.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Gambo said:

No one is arguing that, ffs.

You are missing the point completely.

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Saying we are underperforming is all fine, it is true. Communication is about 80% non verbal, Stewart clearly  agenda, his attitude, tone and demeanour all back this up. Driving home your personal agenda on the MSN because you have an opportunity to  do so is pathetic and not helpful to Hearts in any way at all.

Again, you don't see ex players attacking rangers in such a way. Why? Because it doesn't help. Why folk  like Mackay and Stewart feel the need to point out the obvious and  continually attack CL, when the club they support needs to unite and perform better is beyond me.

Maybe you can tell me as you like the above two seem to enjoy it as well.

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I must have been watching a diff sportscene to you... although MS was scathing he analysed our opportunities in detail and in particular our chances inside the box which weren’t ‘solid’ or ‘set up’ they were as a result of efforts outside the box or mix ups in defence of which Ross County were pretty solid.

We created next to nothing inside the box and relied on shooting from distance while RC had plenty of men in defence. They set themselves up not to be defeated - we had no way through and Goncalves needs some practice in front of goal he was awful.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, karipidis said:

This 4% of shots ‘analysis’ was desperation on Stewart’s part. The reason we had so many shots outside the box was due to the space created from our good build up play and the amount of time we had to get our shot away. The 4% is so vague and will take all different shots in to consideration. The type of shots we had from outside the box (space, time and really only the goalie to beat) will have a lot higher % than 4%! A confident and inform Walker would score about 30-40% from the range he was hitting them at. 

The part Stewart deliberately missed was that one of the two sitters Goncalves missed was from a long range shot by Walker that their keeper did a Jamie Mac with and pushed out. Goncalves takes one of those two chances and we win the game.

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

Because Stewart says results and performances have been poor, yet folk have a go at him.

You know very well that's a load of bull. Stewart hates Levein and refuses to say anything remotely positive about our club because of this. Last week we had 23 shots, 10 on target, but seemingly they were the wrong type of shots????  Total garbage borne out of hatred, just like your posts. It is time for Hearts supporters to support OUR club, end of story

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Several have answered you. You're just refusing to accept it so why bother?

I have a rule - never spoon-feed someone who refuses to eat.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Saying we are underperforming is all fine, it is true. Communication is about 80% non verbal, Stewart clearly  agenda, his attitude, tone and demeanour all back this up. Driving home your personal agenda on the MSN because you have an opportunity to  do so is pathetic and not helpful to Hearts in any way at all.

Again, you don't see ex players attacking rangers in such a way. Why? Because it doesn't help. Why folk  like Mackay and Stewart feel the need to point out the obvious and  continually attack CL, when the club they support needs to unite and perform better is beyond me.

Nonsense. They will declare open season if they have their instructions to undermine the manager and get rid (see Warburton and Caixanha).

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So if anyone on here criticises a lack of width and pace, do they have a personal vendetta too?

No, Michael Stewart is using his position within the media to undermine Hearts because he has an agenda against Craig Levein.

If Craig Levein won the Scottish Cup this year, Michael Stewart would find a way to deflect and pick holes somewhere else. 

Whether what he says has any factual basis is compromised because he has an agenda against Levein and cannot be seen as an impartial critique. This was proven at the weekend when he was desperately and blatantly trying to discredit a decent performance from Hearts because he has his own agenda.

Criticism is fair if it's justified, especially on here more than anywhere else but some folks on here are paying lip service to Stewart because they have a personal dislike of Levein. 

I’ll tell you what though, Stewart has nailed  his balls to the mast now. When Levein turns the team around he’s going to look pretty ****ing stupid if he doesn’t give him praise. Can’t wait. :lol:

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Really..He said hearys were terrible last week and Ross couunty were the better side.. showed the only moments of quality. Lies lies lies .. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Exactly

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

No, Michael Stewart is using his position within the media to undermine Hearts because he has an agenda against Craig Levein.

If Craig Levein won the Scottish Cup this year, Michael Stewart would find a way to deflect and pick holes somewhere else. 

Whether what he says has any factual basis is compromised because he has an agenda against Levein and cannot be seen as an impartial critique. This was proven at the weekend when he was desperately and blatantly trying to discredit a decent performance from Hearts because he has his own agenda.

Criticism is fair if it's justified, especially on here more than anywhere else but some folks on here are paying lip service to Stewart because they have a personal dislike of Levein. 

I don't think Stewart is undermining Hearts. We did that to ourselves with the reign of the PE teacher. He is going for Levein; Hearts just happen to be a useful vehicle to do so.

13 minutes ago, alanjambo said:

His record proves nothing of the sort. First time around he took over a disinterested team and built one that got back to back third place finishes. If I remember correctly, we didn't lose to any team at Tynecastle outwith the old firm for over a year. We didn't win any trophies, no, but Celtic and Rangers were totally different back then. We did make the Europa league and beat teams like Braga and Bordeaux. We also regularly shattered Hibs.

Levein is a good Manager. It took a while for him to turn us around last time and it's taking a while this time. I don't have any doubt that he'll do it though. 

Third place is no good for me without cup runs. His cup runs were appalling and probably poorer than any manager in the last 30 or 40 years. Unbeaten runs excluding the OF are not unbeaten runs. We were unbeaten out with the OF for half a season under Sandy Clark but that doesn't mean he was a great manager. Levein will win us nothing not because of players but because of his footballing philosophy.  If, as I doubt, he is still here at the end of the season then ST sales will dictate whether that is acceptable to most fans

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nonsense. They will declare open season if they have their instructions to undermine the manager and get rid (see Warburton and Caixanha).

Nah, although they pointed out the obvious, they never went to  town like our guys. No one defended the Ann v King article either for instance, in fact Mackay a week later started to have a go at us then CL.

In fact Mcoist just last week taken Sutton to task on air.

If it was Hearts, Stewart would probably be agreeing and stick the  boot in.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Levein is manager of the team, when we play badly (which has been quite a lot recently) who when talking about Hearts ate Stewart and MacKay supposed to mention?

Are Hearts fans not allowed to say we are performing poorly?

How does these comments after games stop Levein getting it right on the park?

Glad to see though that you agree with Stewart that performances have been poor......what is your agenda against Levein?

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't think Stewart is undermining Hearts. We did that to ourselves with the reign of the PE teacher. He is going for Levein; Hearts just happen to be a useful vehicle to do so.

I agree, and  until CL gets results Stewart will  take the opportunity with both hands.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, CBjambo said:

I must have been watching a diff sportscene to you... although MS was scathing he analysed our opportunities in detail and in particular our chances inside the box which weren’t ‘solid’ or ‘set up’ they were as a result of efforts outside the box or mix ups in defence of which Ross County were pretty solid.

We created next to nothing inside the box and relied on shooting from distance while RC had plenty of men in defence. They set themselves up not to be defeated - we had no way through and Goncalves needs some practice in front of goal he was awful.

I think people are referring to his comments on sportsound. Hearts were playing well.. that's why county were so deep.

8 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There is a reason Stewart is slavering away in a studio every Saturday night and not in a dugout every match day.

Nobody stop to think why ?

But hey-ho being on the outside of the tent pissing in makes him a far better person to listen to than a man that has actually been deemed good enough to manage in Scotland, England and chosen for the National team.

Agreed. At least Fergus had the backbone to put his money where his mouth was. Cant see Stewart or Thompson  ever taking on a coaching/Manager role 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Levein is manager of the team, when we play badly (which has been quite a lot recently) who when talking about Hearts ate Stewart and MacKay supposed to mention?

Glad to see though that you agree with Stewart that performances have been poor......what is your agenda against Levein?

Don't think anyone is saying that.. but to say we played poorly when we didn't, to say Ross county were the better side :rofl:

No credibility 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

You are either being deliberately obtuse or are too stupid to understand what is being discussed, so I am out.

Voice of reason
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Better questions raised by the topic of the thread are:

Has Stewart been unprofessional?

Has he allowed his punditry on Hearts games to be affected by a personal grudge?

Should the BBC pull Stewart up on this?

For somebody who likes to come across as a seasoned guru of the game, Levein is remarkably thin skinned. The only person who sounds 'hysterical' here is him. As the man who sanctioned the Cathro fiasco and who has hardly set the heather alight since stepping into try and salvage things he's hardly immune from justified criticism.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really..He said hearys were terrible last week and Ross couunty were the better side.. showed the only moments of quality. Lies lies lies .. 

So it is only about last week, yet a few on here have been having a go at Stewart all season.

If it was only about last week why has Levein gone on about it?

Jam Tarts 1874

Well, at least Levein has shown a bit of passion here.  Hopefully he can keep that fire in his belly and transmit that to the players in the dressing room.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Mellor said:

For somebody who likes to come across as a seasoned guru of the game, Levein is remarkably thin skinned. The only person who sounds 'hysterical' here is him. As the man who sanctioned the Cathro fiasco and who has hardly set the heather alight since stepping into try and salvage things he's hardly immune from justified criticism.

How are you still here?

We're discussing Hearts. Vermin views are of no interest.

11 minutes ago, karipidis said:

A65D1A70-38F5-4015-B6C9-EAE822B7AA12.png

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

This thread has really shown you up. You don't support our club, you support an ex-player instead. Thankfully, you have been ripped apart by Hearts fans on here

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I used to play against Stewart in my youth and he was a billy big baws, really arrogant. I think he carried that into his professional career, not necessarily a bad thing at the top level but he was always going to make enemies.

Generally been a decent pundit but his stuff on Levein has clearly been personal and certainly not objective enough. They dont get on which is again fine but  Levein is right to call it out, especially at the “independent” BBC.

edit: Good to see Levein hasn’t gone soft too!

Image result for laughing

Archived