Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am saying that personally I agree with most of his assessments on how we have played. That means that I have not agreed 100% with everything he has said.

People believe what they want to be believe just as you think he has an agenda against Levein, I think he doesn't. It's all about opinions. Levein wanted Cathro and look how that truned out. Lots of people on here thought it was a bad move but does that mean they have an agenda against Levein?

When  you read newspaper reports about games you might not agree with what they write but does it mean they have an agenda? Not so sure on that.

Stewart has admitted he has an issue with Levein so of course he has an agenda. It's a shame as, generally, I think he has been a breath of fresh air. Levin shot him down with his one comment and I hope he leaves it there. If Stewart continues he will just look like a petulant child

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Well done. You make your fourth post on here to agree with someone who calls his fellow supporters Clowns just because they have a different view to him.

Welcome to Kickback.

You are trying to tell me there are no “clown” Hearts supporters? Lol

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats because people who look at the bigger picture can see theres been extremes in his punditry there wasn’t previously. Concious or subconciously he has been letting personal feelings mask his punditry. As i said earlier which you ignored. He has been different the last couple of weeks and people like GM have had negative opinions on things but highlighted good and reasoned both good and bad opinions. He hasn’t and sooner he gets back to that sooner he will go back to a place of a highly thought of pundit

Perhaps the last couple of weeks  coincided with better results and performances. No? Entirely consistent with what MS said previously, the only way to stop criticism is to improve your performance. As far as CL goes, his comment about the worst £1 he had spent was a ridiculous comment, especially coming from someone who oversaw the signings of people like Kenny Anderson and spent several months chasing after Oshaniwa.  If I was CL I would be keeping a low profile on the transfer front!

12 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Childish remark that made him look ridiculous. Stewart was similar to Derek Ferguson in that, at times, his vision was one step ahead of his teammates and therefore he wasn't as effective as he would have been in a better team.

There has been some absolute bollocks spoken on JKB but this tops them all.

1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

You are trying to tell me there are no “clown” Hearts supporters? Lol

I am saying that you are a new poster on here and already decrying others for daring to have a different opinion.

Eveyone has a right to say what they think but within reason. What right have you got to call anybody a clown?

Put up a good argument to justify your position by all means and it can be debated but reverting to name calling is not necessary.

49 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps the last couple of weeks  coincided with better results and performances. No? Entirely consistent with what MS said previously, the only way to stop criticism is to improve your performance. As far as CL goes, his comment about the worst £1 he had spent was a ridiculous comment, especially coming from someone who oversaw the signings of people like Kenny Anderson and spent several months chasing after Oshaniwa.  If I was CL I would be keeping a low profile on the transfer front!

Exactly. 

47 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

There has been some absolute bollocks spoken on JKB but this tops them all.

Given some of the intellectual "visionaries " on here with their maroon ray bans on, that really is some claim!. I'm honoured all the same though to be demoted several leagues!

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am saying that you are a new poster on here and already decrying others for daring to have a different opinion.

Eveyone has a right to say what they think but within reason. What right have you got to call anybody a clown?

Put up a good argument to justify your position by all means and it can be debated but reverting to name calling is not necessary.

‘Daring’ :lol: You’re posting on a football forum not speaking out against Kim Jong Un. 

People call you out because your opinions are mostly ridiculous and you put them across like a dick. 

4 minutes ago, Texia said:

‘Daring’ :lol: You’re posting on a football forum not speaking out against Kim Jong Un. 

People call you out because your opinions are mostly ridiculous and you put them across like a dick. 

I'm not speaking just writing my opinion. If your second sentence is about my reply to goldie83 then he was not calling me out but agreeing with another poster.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I'm not speaking just writing my opinion. If your second sentence is about my reply to goldie83 then he was not calling me out but agreeing with another poster.

Apologies for the second comment I got you mixed up with another poster on the thread.

A_A wehatethehibs
53 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

If you’re going to take things in that direction, Craig Levein just this summer made 3 of the best signings Hearts have made in the last decade. Berra, Lafferty and McLaughlin. He also signed the best player to play for Hearts in the last 20 years Paul Hartley. Along with many other great signings and his fair share of duds as with any manager. 

People like you love to have a pop for the things which go wrong without any acknowledgement of the things which go

right. As is the case with Stewart - notice he has been silent on hearts on the last few weeks. Any praise for only conceding 2 goals in 5 matches? Any praise for 5 unbeaten? Any praise for back to back wins and clean sheets? Nothing. 

I’d wager Stewart’s boss actually has had a word with him about his personal bias& to steer clear of talking about hearts for a while - it’s genuinely not acceptable for personal bias to influence punditry in the way it did after the ross county game when Stewart point blank refused to acknowledge improvement even though we all saw a massive one that day. 

As for the £1 value comment, your bitterness about it is amusing - it was just having a dig at stewart and it was a fecking hilarious one, absolutely rinsed him ?

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If you’re going to take things in that direction, Craig Levein just this summer made 3 of the best signings Hearts have made in the last decade. Berra, Lafferty and McLaughlin. He also signed the best player to play for Hearts in the last 20 years Paul Hartley. Along with many other great signings and his fair share of duds as with any manager. 

People like you love to have a pop for the things which go wrong without any acknowledgement of the things which go

right. As is the case with Stewart - notice he has been silent on hearts on the last few weeks. Any praise for only conceding 2 goals in 5 matches? Any praise for 5 unbeaten? Any praise for back to back wins and clean sheets? Nothing. 

I’d wager Stewart’s boss actually has had a word with him about his personal bias& to steer clear of talking about hearts for a while - it’s genuinely not acceptable for personal bias to influence punditry in the way it did after the ross county game when Stewart point blank refused to acknowledge improvement even though we all saw a massive one that day. 

As for the £1 value comment, your bitterness about it is amusing - it was just having a dig at stewart and it was a fecking hilarious one, absolutely rinsed him ?

Who signed Michael Stewart again? 

Anyone who found CLs comment hilarious must be easily amused.  I found it juvenile and I'm sure MS is too busy with more important tasks than worrying about attempted put-downs from someone like CL

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Anyone who found CLs comment hilarious must be easily amused.  I found it juvenile and I'm sure MS is too busy with more important tasks than worrying about attempted put-downs from someone like CL

Levein did - and as he stated he would have got better value for money from a bag of cheese and onion crisps

”more important tasks” like writing a basic as **** column for barely literate Celtic supporting Sun readers ? the £1 shop Alan Hansen 

By and large MS is a good pundit. When it comes to Hearts he is over critical. Worst example for me was the away match at Dens where we lost by two goals from badly defended corners to one. He tried to show how Dundees Man City like passing moves were the reason for their victory rather than 2 free headers allowed by us. Our goal from memory came from open play. Does he have an agenda who knows ? While we are an easy target and any criticism of Rantic or his mate Scott brown are off the agenda on the BBC, I dont understand why the likes of Hibs , St Johnstone and Aberdern are never criticised for some of their poor displays.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Then why does he spend his valuable time having pops at Levein?? And why do you spend your no doubt valuable time slagging off our manager?? Very strange behaviour for a Hearts fan

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You need to stop talking in the third person.  

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Then why does he spend his valuable time having pops at Levein?? And why do you spend your no doubt valuable time slagging off our manager?? Very strange behaviour for a Hearts fan

There we go again conflating the club and the temporary stewards of the institution that we all support? Based on your argument, criticising Tony Ford, Chris Robinson, Ian Cathro, Robbie Neilson was disloyal to the "club? Craig Levein is an employee of the club and is open to criticism, regardless of how good a player he was. Sauzee, Greig, McNeill, Willie Miller, Jim McLean,..Scottish football clubs have all had legendary players are managers but they've all been sacked. Levein will be no different at some point in the future, despite how fervently you cling on to his ability as a player.

16 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Childish remark that made him look ridiculous. Stewart was similar to Derek Ferguson in that, at times, his vision was one step ahead of his teammates and therefore he wasn't as effective as he would have been in a better team.

Classic. That is obviously why he did not make it at Manchester United, the second class players there could not see his one step ahead vision.

Coburg Hearts
4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Replies like this make me wish there was a like button. Top notch :clap:

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I get where your coming from but there has been a distinct change in attitude since after the Ross County game where he used selective info to play to his position when stats showed it was a far better game than we’d had for a while. Thats a chance to be positive and say ok it wasn’t good enough but there were signs we’d remember how to cross the half way line however we need to find a creativity thats lacking. Levein has to take some blame for that for allowing his choice of managers to sign players that have cost us creativity and pace in the first team.

MS is a Hearts fan therefore he should be thoroughly aware of the talent we are bringing through. None of us knew if the lads would be able to play as they did on tuesday and last sat in Moores case but we all knew there was hope. He could have highlighted that positive and said maybe the players doing it at u20 etc should get a chance. Im sure thats the kind of line he’d of come out with in the past as like I said he is a good pundit normally with objective views.

If you watch when he was questioned about it he was very sheepish. Since then he has gone back to a more reasoned punditry style. Criticism when deserved is fair look at GM he doesn’t hold back either but he is reasoned in those positions. MS hasn’t been for a while which as I said is a shame as I think him and Tom English are the best two we have. 

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

There we go again conflating the club and the temporary stewards of the institution that we all support? Based on your argument, criticising Tony Ford, Chris Robinson, Ian Cathro, Robbie Neilson was disloyal to the "club? Craig Levein is an employee of the club and is open to criticism, regardless of how good a player he was. Sauzee, Greig, McNeill, Willie Miller, Jim McLean,..Scottish football clubs have all had legendary players are managers but they've all been sacked. Levein will be no different at some point in the future, despite how fervently you cling on to his ability as a player.

Who mentioned him playing? Actually forget it, you obviously allow your hatred of Levein to blind you to everything, sad but I'll leave you to it. One more on the ignore list

56 minutes ago, sadj said:

I get where your coming from but there has been a distinct change in attitude since after the Ross County game where he used selective info to play to his position when stats showed it was a far better game than we’d had for a while. Thats a chance to be positive and say ok it wasn’t good enough but there were signs we’d remember how to cross the half way line however we need to find a creativity thats lacking. Levein has to take some blame for that for allowing his choice of managers to sign players that have cost us creativity and pace in the first team.

MS is a Hearts fan therefore he should be thoroughly aware of the talent we are bringing through. None of us knew if the lads would be able to play as they did on tuesday and last sat in Moores case but we all knew there was hope. He could have highlighted that positive and said maybe the players doing it at u20 etc should get a chance. Im sure thats the kind of line he’d of come out with in the past as like I said he is a good pundit normally with objective views.

If you watch when he was questioned about it he was very sheepish. Since then he has gone back to a more reasoned punditry style. Criticism when deserved is fair look at GM he doesn’t hold back either but he is reasoned in those positions. MS hasn’t been for a while which as I said is a shame as I think him and Tom English are the best two we have. 

Stewart will get asked less about Hearts if there are signs of improvement. Poor Mikey is just a media tool for Hearts bashing, a disappointing position for a Hearts fan to be in. To find a comparison, it's a bit like when Corbyn was facing all those resignations and old New Labour advisors were wheeled out by the media e.g John McTiernan. Nobody's sought McTiernan's opinion for some time, or if it's been sought, he isn't so keen to speak. Maybe Mikey will follow suit

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:rofl:

Mickey, let it go...

8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am saying that personally I agree with most of his assessments on how we have played. That means that I have not agreed 100% with everything he has said.

People believe what they want to be believe just as you think he has an agenda against Levein, I think he doesn't. It's all about opinions. Levein wanted Cathro and look how that truned out. Lots of people on here thought it was a bad move but does that mean they have an agenda against Levein?

When  you read newspaper reports about games you might not agree with what they write but does it mean they have an agenda? Not so sure on that.

Less than 20% on here thought the Cathro appointment was a mistake at the time of his appointment. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

I agree with this, and I think MS has wound his neck in a bit.  I think he's been a breath of fresh air as a pundit, and has improved the punditry no end on radio Scotland.  I think the petty point scoring was in danger of undermining him.  I think he's been told to criticize away, but be able to back it up.  While Levein went a bit off piste with his press article, he did have a point with some of it.

But think it's a storm in a teacup and pretty much over and done with already;

MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Less than 20% on here thought the Cathro appointment was a mistake at the time of his appointment. 

Which probably says it all about this place.

20 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Which probably says it all about this place.

Yes, everybody makes mistakes particularly if the subject matter is football. 

I usually like Stewart’s style and his position on a good few issues but Levein is the man in charge of my football club. Levein has put his neck on the line, is working to improve us and while no doubt well paid and by his own admission making mistakes, is in the tent pissing out. Stewart is outside the tent and seems intent on pissing in. I might be naïve but that’s the way it looks to me and until he throws his hat in the ring and says I can do better I’d suggest Stewart keeps his petty grievances off public forums and perhaps uses his position in the media to attack more deserving causes. 

Stephen Muddie

Absolute gold. I love a good controversial levein statement.

then again this time it ain't that controversial. He's 100% spot on.

On 01/12/2017 at 23:00, Gambo said:

So does this mean we have been playing great football and had great results?

Yes. B)

On 03/12/2017 at 23:44, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This is EXACTLY what is happening.

Some of the fragile supporters on here cannot handle the fact that Hearts are pish. Can't handle the fact that Levein is brutal at pretty much everything, and can't handle the fact that we are worse than Hibs. 

But they don't allow the criticism because we were worse in the 70s :lol:

Bonkers.

:D

Just now, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

So one result makes him a demi god ? 

Unbeaten in five

Three wins on the bounce

Top of the form table

Meanest defence in Scotland

89F30A93-D96C-4267-8E8E-B397810918A7.png

22 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Unbeaten in five

Three wins on the bounce

Top of the form table

Six now buddy :D

Bazzas right boot

We will have good games  and bad games.

CL is a good manager and we have improved 100% since Cathro.

Perfection takes time.:P

We will still need to improve- overall. but we are getting there.

12 hours ago, Ryder said:

Unbeaten in five

Three wins on the bounce

Top of the form table

Hahaha watched that with the wee man the other day and funnily enough is where I coined the phrase.

13 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Hahaha watched that with the wee man the other day and funnily enough is where I coined the phrase.

It's my daughter's absolute favourite film just now. It's a really good film to be honest and it's particularly nice to see a strong female character for her to identify with. (I secretly quite like the film too).

Archived