Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spencer said:

3 points :thumbsup:

I look forward to your effusive praise* when they arrive. 

*Begrudged acknowledgment.

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The bit about MS being the worst quid spent is comedy gold. Stewart will be raging. Should make for good listening/viewing this weekend If, indeed, he gets any air time.

I'm delighted Levein has hit back, Stewart has been ranting on for far too long now. Some of it justified, however most of it driven by hatred towards Levein.

Stewart is a bad egg, has been in bother no matter where he's been and who he's worked with - says a lot.

Summed up pretty well I'd say

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Think Stewart makes some valid points in his analysis but he's a typical ex pro who can't make the grade as a coach.

Talks a good game

What makes you think he ever wanted to be a Coach in the first place .?

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

Think Stewart makes some valid points in his analysis but he's a typical ex pro who can't make the grade as a coach.

Talks a good game

This is what is becoming prevalent on this thread - Stewart and Preston aren't allowed an opinion as neither was a top player or has managed 

Both are saying what most honest fans have been saying for some considerable time - total ****ing shambles 

Just now, Pistol1874 said:

If they are deserved I am sure Spencer, myself and even Michael Stewart will give it.

48 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Yes they have but Levein isn't moaning about being criticised he is moaning about over the top unfair criticism.

There are teams in the league who have had horrendous runs and performances but you don't see Stewart using up any of his airtime weighing into McCann, Archibald, Wright etc   

Correct 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, wavydavy said:

What makes you think he ever wanted to be a Coach in the first place .?

Why wouldn't he ?

Scared in case he got found out and that it's not as easy as he makes it out to be ?

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

You do that. Let's hope that we win rather than get all excited about what someone might say on here as you don’t like any criticism of our club 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

You do that. Let's hope that we win rather than get all excited about what someone might say on here as you don’t like any criticism of our club 

No, being a Hearts supporter, I don’t. 

Shooter McGavin

Would prefer it if Levein focussed his full attention on sorting out the football department before bickering with Stewart but hey ho.

27 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He is not more of a PHM than me nor my father who saw his first Hearts game in 1943. He also falls well,,,well short of Gary Mackay, Robbo or Henry Smith as being ex players who are PHM. I don't get the love-in with Levein in here. 

Michael Stewart criticised Cathro from the outset and was proved correct and he is also correct when calling out Levein and  his inability to beat Rangers, Killie,  Patrick or Ross Cty.  Video evidence proves Stewart correct and it's up to Levein to do his job or step aside 

Aye? Levein was a great player, great captain, excellent manager and is looking like repeating his record as a DoF too.

Didnt realise your old boy had done more for the club. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As funny as the ad-hominem is, Stewart's critique of our problems is spot on, i.e. no pace, no width and a lack of desire. That he goes over the top because it is Levein is clear and actually allows people to detract from it because they point to the messenger, not the message.

But there are a few who do that.

Stewart was the most under-achieving, petulant player Hearts ever signed.  It speaks volumes when Fergie let us have him for £1 a week simply to satisfy a legal requirement

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Would prefer it if Levein focussed his full attention on sorting out the football department before bickering with Stewart but hey ho.

He has focused his full attention on it, for a long time now. And this is where we are.

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

No, being a Hearts supporter, I don’t. 

You epitomise why we have been so incredibly successful down the years 

Just now, Spencer said:

You epitomise why we have been so incredibly successful down the years 

I accept criticism of the club where it is warranted.

Even then I don’t like it.

Do you?

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If they are deserved I am sure Spencer, myself and even Michael Stewart will give it.

Ill not hold my breath...

“... you can’t educate pork... “

:sob:

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Stewart was the most under-achieving, petulant player Hearts ever signed.  It speaks volumes when Fergie let us have him for £1 a week simply to satisfy a legal requirement

What propotion of Stewart's £10k per week wages would you rather that Hearts were contractually obliged to meet?

Holyrood_Hearts

Absolutely no problem with Levein’s comments. If that had been Hibs/Aberdeen/Rangers stats v Ross County last weekend, there’s no danger Stewart would’ve flagged up shooting outside the box as a criticism. 

Just now, Ryder said:

You are just being a clown now tbh 

You are the constant on this thread who has sought to personalise 

You batter on though 

25 minutes ago, Spencer said:

A spat being playing out like this is imo childish 

I've met MS a few times some years ago. He was at Hibs at the time. I found him to be a very decent guy. He made it clear he was from a Hearts background. 

Nothing I have heard from him on Sportscene has imo been OTT.  I haven't heard him on the radio so can't comment on any comments he might have made. His comments on Sportscene have been very much what many fans I know are saying are largely how I personally have felt watching us

If CL turns things around I will be quite delighted. But what he has presided over simply can't be denied or overlooked 

Making the exact same points weekly about the manager and his team despite an improved performance last saturday is OTT. 

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

He was. Couldn't take to Stewart with his bickering. A few times remember ranting at him to stop shouting at his teammates and concentrate on his own game, which was below average more often than not

I think CL's main point here is that MS has come out and publicly said he doesn't like CL and doesn't think he's a nice man.   So from that point onwards, anything MS says about CL cannot be treated objectively as he's stated a personal dislike for CL.

I think that's what CL is saying is the issue here - objectivity and impartiality on reporting on Hearts by MS goes out the window and its being allowed to continue (regardless if the comments are correct or not).

Just now, Spencer said:

What propotion of Stewart's £10k per week wages would you rather that Hearts were contractually obliged to meet?

I would have preferred that he never played for Hearts.  The issue is that one of the world's top managers allowed him to go for £1 a week so he must really have valued him.  I think not.

You could not sign a loan player from Edinburgh City for a pittance like that.  Fergie never got many wrong

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Why wouldn't he ?

Scared in case he got found out and that it's not as easy as he makes it out to be ?

Does every ex player think that he can or even wants to be a Coach?

I think you will find that very few ex players become Coaches and very often the best ones are not even ex pro's.

Just because he can string a few words together compared to a large number of ex pro's he was offered an opportunity to get into the nedia side of the game which a number of other ex players have also done.

Is there a problem with chosing that route?  Does it mean he is less competent to aire his views on how he sees a team play?  We all have our way of seeing how a game is played and there are many variations on what we think is the correct way to play.

The major question here is who is right?

But yes label one man a coward that should sort things out.

Win today or not I’m behind the manager on this one.

We all moan and we all criticise(I’ve done plenty!) but I don’t like Stewart’s tone just now when he talks about Hearts.  

The club he’s meant to be a supporter of. 

We criticise because we want the team to be better.

He criticises with relish because it’s CL in charge.

Perth to Paisley

Stewart is encouraged every week on the radio by the lead presenter to ‘have a go’ ...and he takes the bait.

You are just being a clown now tbh 

You are the constant on this thread who has sought to personalise 

You batter on though 

You are the constant on this forum Franck. Your weird thing with Levein reminds me of ‘Donny’ from the Ted films. :)

Just now, Texia said:

Making the exact same points weekly about the manager and his team despite an improved performance last saturday is OTT. 

There is a hyper sensitive element amongst our support tbh. We have just taken 2 points from successive home games against Kilmarnock, Partick and County.  That is simply deplorable and any Hearts fan who thinks otherwise should give themselves a ****ing good shake 

Saturday may have been a slight improvement - but let's be honest, it wasn't great was it? 

County came first a ping and got it. They weren't overly ambitious about looking for more than that. We weren't good enough to break them down 

The sooner Walker is moved on and we get a creative player who can deliver the better 

10 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

It's his way of deflecting from the real issues he has with trying to get a win which incidentally Stewart predicted we would get tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

You are the constant on this forum Franck. Your weird thing with Levein reminds me of ‘Donny’ from the Ted films. :)

He is a loser fella 

That I'm afraid is a fact 

22 minutes ago, Spencer said:

JKB pack mentality is alive and kicking 

I just wish some of the shite that takes the pitch could show the same passion as some of these apologists 

Embarrassing really Spencer. What has the club come to when a DOF/Head Coach has to run to the BBC to complain about a Hearts supporting pundit.  In his last spell it was the SFA that attracted his ire now it's the messenger that is being shot. Michael Stewart is 100% correct. If Levein wants to harness a grievance culture either contact the Scottish Govt or, preferably, Sir Alex Ferguson who successfully convinced his Aberdeen players that the whole of Glasgow was against them and used that to go down there and beat them time and time again. Levein is covering up his own failures and it is all a bit embarrassing. 

Wish Stewart showed as much passion and commitment as a player when he played for his boyhood club the first time as he appears to do as a commentator........

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You can make it into Scratchings though.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

It's his way of deflecting from the real issues he has with trying to get a win which incidentally Stewart predicted we would get tomorrow.

As he did at Easter rd. The bitter *****!

28 minutes ago, Spencer said:

JKB pack mentality is alive and kicking 

Yeah, that's usually the cry when lots of people disagree with you - blame it on mob mentality

scottish_chicP
23 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

The bit about MS being the worst quid spent is comedy gold. Stewart will be raging. Should make for good listening/viewing this weekend If, indeed, he gets any air time.

I'm delighted Levein has hit back, Stewart has been ranting on for far too long now. Some of it justified, however most of it driven by hatred towards Levein.

Stewart is a bad egg, has been in bother no matter where he's been and who he's worked with - says a lot.

Absolutely this. 

9 minutes ago, Texia said:

You obviously never heard him say that it was an improved performance and that part of the problem wax that the strikers were not in the box oftem enough or trying to move to the ball.

Thought Police
47 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

He is not more of a PHM than me nor my father who saw his first Hearts game in 1943. He also falls well,,,well short of Gary Mackay, Robbo or Henry Smith as being ex players who are PHM. I don't get the love-in with Levein in here. 

Michael Stewart criticised Cathro from the outset and was proved correct and he is also correct when calling out Levein and  his inability to beat Rangers, Killie,  Patrick or Ross Cty.  Video evidence proves Stewart correct and it's up to Levein to do his job or step aside 

Captain, manager, and fan means he’s a bigger PHM than your dad.

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

He is a loser fella 

That I'm afraid is a fact 

That's right

CL has never been the howling success that Biscuits and MS were.  Oh wait a minute.

There is a hyper sensitive element amongst our support tbh. We have just taken 2 points from successive home games against Kilmarnock, Partick and County.  That is simply deplorable and any Hearts fan who thinks otherwise should give themselves a ****ing good shake 

Saturday may have been a slight improvement - but let's be honest, it wasn't great was it? 

County came first a ping and got it. They weren't overly ambitious about looking for more than that. We weren't good enough to break them down 

The sooner Walker is moved on and we get a creative player who can deliver the better 

Calls other supporters hyper sensitive after spending years on here criticising Levein for breathing. Jesus... I imagine this is what it’s like watching Commodus having his tantrum at his father in the Gladiator film.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Embarrassing really Spencer. What has the club come to when a DOF/Head Coach has to run to the BBC to complain about a Hearts supporting pundit.  In his last spell it was the SFA that attracted his ire now it's the messenger that is being shot. Michael Stewart is 100% correct. If Levein wants to harness a grievance culture either contact the Scottish Govt or, preferably, Sir Alex Ferguson who successfully convinced his Aberdeen players that the whole of Glasgow was against them and used that to go down there and beat them time and time again. Levein is covering up his own failures and it is all a bit embarrassing. 

From the guy who thinks his dad is more Hearts than Craig Levein.

Just maybe it's taken MS to get a fire lit under Levein, because he's been found wanting thus far, perhaps after tomorrow's game I will be saying " that's more like it" and if MS,s slating of Levein has in anyway helped in this, good, thanks Michael.

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You can make it into Scratchings though.

True... though it still smells terrible and falls apart when examined, just like the “pork” on here.

Maroon Sailor
11 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Does every ex player think that he can or even wants to be a Coach?

I think you will find that very few ex players become Coaches and very often the best ones are not even ex pro's.

Just because he can string a few words together compared to a large number of ex pro's he was offered an opportunity to get into the nedia side of the game which a number of other ex players have also done.

Is there a problem with chosing that route?  Does it mean he is less competent to aire his views on how he sees a team play?  We all have our way of seeing how a game is played and there are many variations on what we think is the correct way to play.

The major question here is who is right?

But yes label one man a coward that should sort things out.

He is a coward. If he is going to slag off ex pro's every week at least have a go yourself.

Even that feckwit Sutton tried and failed

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He is a coward. If he is going to slag off ex pro's every week at least have a go yourself.

Even that feckwit Sutton tried and failed

Gary MacKay tried and failed too.

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

From the guy who thinks his dad is more Hearts than Craig Levein.

Arsehole type remark 

You are awfy good at them though :thumbsup:

Archived