Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

He is a coward. If he is going to slag off ex pro's every week at least have a go yourself.

Even that feckwit Sutton tried and failed

Doesn't make what Levein has presided over any less if a failure though 

That is the reality issue in all of this. Levein should have risen above any criticism and used it as a positive to achieve improvement 

Instead he has put himself under even more pressure and is at the mercy of some pretty shite players 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Arsehole type remark 

You are awfy good at them though :thumbsup:

He said his dad was more of a PHM than Craig Levein... the same Craig Levein who was one of our best players, best captains and a pretty damn successful manager and DoF for this club. Hey, I can’t be held responsible for the content of the posts that I disagree with Spencer.

Quite amused that you are so angry though. :lol:

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

Doesn't make what Levein has presided over any less if a failure though 

That is the reality issue in all of this. Levein should have risen above any criticism and used it as a positive to achieve improvement 

Instead he has put himself under even more pressure and is at the mercy of some pretty shite players 

Nah, he’s criticised for not being visible most of the time. Now when he starts firing truth grenades at slavering arseholes, he should be rising above... :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

From the guy who thinks his dad is more Hearts than Craig Levein.

Comical Ali stuff Ryder. What makes Levein a PHM? My Dad has supported Hearts for 75 years and seen players that have actually won something. 

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, that's usually the cry when lots of people disagree with you - blame it on mob mentality

OK then 

Cheers 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Comical Ali stuff Ryder. What makes Levein a PHM? My Dad has supported Hearts for 75 years and seen players that have actually won something. 

Playing for and captaining the team with distinction for a start. Then his very good managerial record with is... then his work in rebuilding the Football department at the club... sorry to hear your dad has done more and not had the proper recognition. 

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Playing for and captaining the team with distinction for a start. Then his very good managerial record with is... then his work in rebuilding the Football department at the club... sorry to hear your dad has done more and not had the proper recognition. 

He also won the centre of the doughnut

Middle of the polo mint 

Nada. Zip. Hee haw 

18 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Captain, manager, and fan means he’s a bigger PHM than your dad.

Fan??  Not fit to lace my father's boots. Captain? Not a cup winning one he wasn't. Usurped by Elvis. Manager..not a cup winning one he wasn't. In the history of our great club he won't figure prominently apart from the fact that he incurred a 10 match ban for punching a teammate.

Fan??  Not fit to lace my father's boots. Captain? Not a cup winning one he wasn't. Usurped by Elvis. Manager..not a cup winning one he wasn't. In the history of our great club he won't figure prominently apart from the fact that he incurred a 10 match ban for punching a teammate.

Genuinely off the charts delusion. :rofl:

ToadKiller Dog

Levein finally acting like the Levein of old not taking any stick. 

I want to see more of the CL that was willing to take the SFA all the way to court, the one who said what he thought when the Arabs were cheated out of a league Cup win. 

Levein is a better manager when he us roused.  

Just now, Ryder said:

Genuinely off the charts delusion. :rofl:

Delusion or fact? How many trophies has Levein won as a player or manager? 

Just now, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Spencer and Hendricks are very close to mikey.

I imediately thought of Tommy Sheridan, Anvar Khan and Billy Davies when I read that. 

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Same amount as Robbo. Although Levein has obviously done more for us at a managerial and director level than the wee man.

Im guessing your Dad has won a trophy at Hearts in some capacity? If so, then good on him and I appreciate what he’s done for the club. Would take a lot to surpass Levein though.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ooft. They don't like stuff like that on here mate. Too close to the bone 

Unfortunately he is a loser 

I don’t think Craig should have come out with what he did, particularly re the MS contract details. However, it’s more like the Levein of old to get involved in verbal spats and hopefully is him getting his mojo back. 

Just now, Ryder said:

Same amount as Robbo. Although Levein has obviously done more for us at a managerial and director level than the wee man.

Im guessing your Dad has won a trophy at Hearts in some capacity? If so, then good on him and I appreciate what he’s done for the club. Would take a lot to surpass Levein though.

Em..

0015D35300000258-0-SCOTTISH_CUP_FINAL_19

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Sergio, Jefferies..Incidentally a PHM who actually supported the club as a boy, trophy winners. It doesn't really take much to surpass Levein if the truth be told. In  years to come fans will remember double medal winners like Rudi Skacel and managers like Jefferies long before they do Levein.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think Craig should have come out with what he did, particularly re the MS contract details. However, it’s more like the Levein of old to get involved in verbal spats and hopefully is him getting his mojo back. 

Needs to back it up with results otherwise ammunition just increases 

10 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Middle of the polo mint 

Nada. Zip. Hee haw 

Nah, the Old Hibs angle when attacking our legends of that period. I’ll file your pathetic post under the same rock as: “show us yer medals MacKay”

Pretty Sa’d when you are so desperate to criticise Hearts, that you end up using Hibs chunder as your chosen method of attack. :(

Exactly Smithee. Levein's relatives out in force tonight.

I'm a big fan of Levein, I still think he'll get it right and have huge respect for him and his years dedicated to our club.

But robbo did actually win a trophy!

Just now, Spencer said:

Needs to back it up with results otherwise ammunition just increases 

I agree. Hopefully a bit more animated in the dugout now like he was in his first stint as manager. 

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Em..

0015D35300000258-0-SCOTTISH_CUP_FINAL_19

Robbo was my absolute hero growing up, so I’ll not pick at that particular scab in order to have an argument over the Internet. Instead I’ll concede that point... I was delighted for him that day. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I agree. Hopefully a bit more animated in the dugout now like he was in his first stint as manager. 

I like the thought of a more pissed off Levein

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He shouldn't have &  he's potentially exposed the club to some unwanted consequences. Still,   as long as he rammed it right up Mikey Stewart! 

Stewart is right about results not being good enough, 3 wins, 4 draws and 4 losses isn't exactly relegation material but you're looking at a mid-table finish with that sort of form, without sounding entitled, Hearts should be aiming for higher than that.

Performances have been mixed since Levein took over the day to day running of the team, his first game, we created enough chances to beat Aberdeen, we really were unlucky not to win. We were pretty bad against Hibs and Kilmarnock in the first half. The last game against Ross County showed a bit of improvement. We didn't create a lot of clear cut opportunities but did have a lot of shots at goal, I was impressed by the movement of the team, we worked the ball from the back to the front effectively but just couldn't finish.

We've had 3 games that we could have won if we'd taken the big chances, Aberdeen Callachan one on one could have won it, Isma one on one against Kilmarnock at 1-1 could have won it, Isma twice on front of goal against Ross County should have scored, if those had went in, Levein's record would look a whole lot better, 6 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses.

I don't like when Stewart brings up how many signings Hearts have made and then blaming that on Levein, they were all Neilson and Cathro signings, Levein brought in the players identified by previous managers, he hasn't had a transfer window as manager. The work done by Levein behind the scenes is now showing regarding the youth set-up, we've seen so many young players come into the first team over the past few months, I'd like to see Levein get the deserved credit for that.

Also, that comment, absolutely brilliant, £1 too much. :laugh:

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sergio, Jefferies..Incidentally a PHM who actually supported the club as a boy, trophy winners. It doesn't really take much to surpass Levein if the truth be told. In  years to come fans will remember double medal winners like Rudi Skacel and managers like Jefferies long before they do Levein.

And they will obviously revere your old boy above them all.

JJ is my favourite Hearts manager of all time. I would like us to erect a bronze statue of him in the FoH Plaza.

Sergio won us a cup and I enjoyed his time at Hearts despite how shit we were in the league. The man himself had a real presence.

Levein was a better player than JJ though, and he has done more for this club than to to warrant the childish abuse he receives. To question his commitment to Hearts after all he’s done is frankly pathetic.

Alex MacDonald, and for that matter, Sandy Jardine, won hee haw for Hearts. Still remember them fondly though.

Just saying...night night !

5 minutes ago, Spencer said:

File it up yer hoop 

He has win **** all and no matter unpalatable that is for you to swallow, it's the ****ing truth 

Only players/managers who won trophies are legends then?

Damn... that’s us just lost a shit-load of legends.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Alex MacDonald, and for that matter, Sandy Jardine, won hee haw for Hearts. Still remember them fondly though.

Well said Boab

7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not to mention Donald Ford and Jim Cruickshank who were my boyhood heroes, more bloomin’ losers!!

Just now, davemclaren said:

Not to mention Donald Ford and Jim Cruickshank who were my boyhood heroes, more bloomin’ losers!!

My Old Man was more of a PHM than both of them.

Leveins to soft they cried.

Levein doesn't want the job they cried.

Levein never says anything they cried.

Levein rams it up them and they cry.

:rofl:

Levein should be liable for criticism when we lose with a whimper. But with good finishing we would’ve won comfortably last weekend; hard to blame Levein for that.

I hope Michael Stewart reads this as he is a great pundit at times. But the personal vendetta against Levein is so obvious it is harming Stewart’s reputation. He needs to swallow the personal aspects and be objective.

Punks No Deid
3 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Excellent response from CL. Hopefully he does still have the passion and desire. 

Here’s hoping - FWIW although he didn’t win any medals as a player I’m of a certain vintage (post Dave Mackay etc) that CL was the best Scottish player I have seen pull on a Hearts shirt - Robbo a close second btw

tartofmidlothian

:yas: to that OP.

I like Stewart, but I like Levein more. He was spot on in his first tenure when he called the team wage thieves and called out Scottish football, and he's spot on now. There's no question that he's getting his confidence back if he's saying things like this. Great sign.

Bit embarrasing really. Playground stuff. One has a job talking about football matches and where games were won and lost. The other has a job to put a team out to win games. 

I know whos doing a better job and its the one who showed a bit of bottle at Hearts.

Craig is a Hearts man through and through. This current mixed form will be hurting him, just as much as everyone on here.

The big dip in form came when we had zero midfield available. Bit more luck the last couple games and we would be in a much better position.

And the chat here would be about us hunting down the pack above.

MS has been saying/ranting the same thing for weeks, and Craig has agreed in part. Need more pace and width.

Craig and Austin will be a good team. 

3 hours ago, Spencer said:

Middle of the polo mint 

Nada. Zip. Hee haw 

Can’t quite believe what I’m reading here.

Levein was a core part of the last Hearts team that will ever get as close to a cup and league double.

And his career was cut short by an injury when some if England’s bestr clubs were after him.

He would have won plenty without the injury with us or more likely a much bigger team.

What a disgraceful pile of shit to post about a genuine club legend.

5 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Craig Levein is more of a PHM than any of us

Phm .we're all hearts fans this pure hearts man sh** does my nut in.

As if theres sime sort of league table of how much a fan someone is 

I don't hear most of it but in the past I've enjoyed what Stewart has to say.

Levein has a point though -- there is obviously bad blood between them and the BBC shouldn't just let him rant endlessly without pointing that out.

That said... all those complaining Budge was soft now have something to cheer, eh? That last comment...

giphy.gif

Oooft Levein is rattled. Good to see the smug ***** is still alive. Hopefully his team will play like their alive sometime soon. Well done Mikey Stewart, you are doing your job way better than CL is his, you will deserve a lot of kudos if this galvanizes him and lifts his motivation. 

Songs for today then

Michael Stewart ...is a pound shop pundit 

he’s a pound shop pundit

or

michael stewart ...makes more money selling Avon

money selling Avon 

Archived