Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

Captain Sausage

It’s always the same posters on here who look to stick the boot in to Hearts / Levein at any opportunity. 

Particular highlight being keyboard warrior Gambo, far too feart to do anything but glibly shake CLs hand when he met him but spends his whole time on here slating the man. 

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Section G The Place To Be
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

That article said he's at training every day, but even ignoring that there are plenty of managers who spend very little time training. I've mentioned Martin O'Neill before, someone who very very rarely got involved in training while at Celtic. Different managers have different styles, but if Levein says he's at training every day, he'll see it all I imagine

I know he isn’t, I’ll leave it at that.

I’ll leave you guys to the Levein backslapping, I’m off to the game. Hopefully We’ll all be talking about a good win later not Levein bashing again. 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

To be fair Colin you're holier than everyone on here! ::troll::

Never could anything be further from the truth.

maroonnicky63

Stewart is making a complete dick of himself , him and his pal Thomson should shut up and stop talking pish every bloody week. Sack them both and get some decent pundits on the show.

Levein is spot on and if I was Stewart I would keep well away from Tyncastle as the Hearts fans are sick of him and his comments about our club , bugger of Stewart and take your pal with you.

29 minutes ago, Sraman said:

BBC or Hearts?

Tough choice...............for some.

Bit awkward as I quite like Hearts but I also quite like Strictly. 

1 hour ago, Section G The Place To Be said:

Firstly we we are not on the continent, were in the SPFL, we do not have the quality of player that can be left to their own devices to train or the quality of coaches that can train them. Leveins role now is manager. If it’s too much for him he needs to hold his hands up and admit he can’t handle the workload, otherwise he should do what every other SPFL manager does and oversee the 1st team properly not from behind a desk. 

I would think a lot of managers let their coaches take some of the training. Din’t see the big issue with this one. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bit awkward as I quite like Hearts but I also quite like Strictly. 

Peaky Blinders man myself but we're speaking about BBC Glasgow. We all know how it works.

manaliveits105

Richard Goedon started sportsound by having a chuckle about fire alarm at Tynecastle - then we go on to them covering Celtic v Motherwell 3rd time in a week - game of the day = really - but it is British Broadcasting Celtic after all - when Broony made a cynical tackle it was lauded as a good one for the team and thats when I switched to Sky

disgusting band of clowns doing the game in Scotland no service .

3 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Nope just since 1962 - what about you?

Nicely avoided the question!

4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

Nope just since 1962 - what about you?

The 80s.  If you haven't seen worse in the 70s or the examples I quoted then I guess you must be rat-arsed before watching Hearts.

Now please explain why this is worse than a signing like Petric who bankrupted us?

Just now, frankblack said:

The 80s.  If you haven't seen worse in the 70s or the examples I quoted then I guess you must be rat-arsed before watching Hearts.

No need to be disrespectful to get your point across. How come it took you four hours to come up with that cracker?

7 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

No need to be disrespectful to get your point across. How come it took you four hours to come up with that cracker?

I went to the game with the boozer before - I guess you didn't go today?

So by avoiding answering my original post I assume you are admitting you were talking bollocks?

5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I went to the game with the boozer before - I guess you didn't go today?

So by avoiding answering my original post I assume you are admitting you were talking bollocks?

No I didn't go today as I am currently in Spain. Obviously after a few drinks you go looking for an argument??

You can assume what you like, you appear to be pretty good at it. This current team is without doubt the worst I have witnessed. Even when we were poor in the past there was fight and passion unlike this poor excuse for Footballers.

If you don't agree then that's up to you.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

MS, Hamilton were not impressive. Shite!

Never heard that my self?

Thought he said they were impressive and had a run of good results and so praised Hearts for a good result.

32 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

No I didn't go today as I am currently in Spain. Obviously after a few drinks you go looking for an argument??

You can assume what you like, you appear to be pretty good at it. This current team is without doubt the worst I have witnessed. Even when we were poor in the past there was fight and passion unlike this poor excuse for Footballers.

I put my original post up before touching a drop, and two jars is nothing.

You keep changing the subject to deflect from the stupidity of your argument.  Cathro is primarily to blame for the team being as poor. 

He picked the summer signings to fit his system, managed pre-season (if you can call it that) and saw us emptied out the league cup by the mighty Dunfermline and a team of fishermen.

What the hell did you expect to happen before January after this?

Levein should never have dignified Stewart's ten bob punditry with a response. All he has done is facilitate a minor media feeding frenzy. Vlad was a disaster in many ways but it didn't take him long to gauge the Scottish football media. Fortunately a Celtic or Rangers player will soon break a finger nail and they will retreat to their comfort zone.

58 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Clearly not been to a lot of games. 

12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I put my original post up before touching a drop, and two jars is nothing.

You keep changing the subject to deflect from the stupidity of your argument.  Cathro is primarily to blame for the team being as poor. 

He picked the summer signings to fit his system, managed pre-season (if you can call it that) and saw us emptied out the league cup by the mighty Dunfermline and a team of fishermen.

What the hell did you expect to happen before January after this?

your original post disagreed with my comment that Craig Levein had signed more than his fair share of duds, If you dont agree well that's up to you.

To suggest this is all Cathro's fault then you are more naïve than I thought. Are you really suggesting our DoF handed over responsibility to a novice?? In my opinion either Levein was irresponsible or neglectful - take your pick.

You seem hell bent on arguing with someone - as I am on holiday you will need to look elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

Clearly not been to a lot of games. 

Because we have 3 points from 12? Did I miss something today different from our previous 2-1 loss to Killie and 1-1 with Partick, 0-0 with Ross County?

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

Because we have 3 points from 12? Did I miss something today different from our previous 2-1 loss to Killie and 1-1 with Partick, 0-0 with Ross County?

That never happened before then?

19 hours ago, Spencer said:

Perhaps. But he was earning £520,000 a year in his early 20's so it's not all bad I guess 

Underachieved. i know it's hard to stay relevant at Man U but what was his route from there? Did he have injury problems?

5 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Apparently the game ,where despite our shortcoming it took the intervention of bobby bawsack to stop us.

23 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

your original post disagreed with my comment that Craig Levein had signed more than his fair share of duds, If you dont agree well that's up to you.

To suggest this is all Cathro's fault then you are more naïve than I thought. Are you really suggesting our DoF handed over responsibility to a novice?? In my opinion either Levein was irresponsible or neglectful - take your pick.

You seem hell bent on arguing with someone - as I am on holiday you will need to look elsewhere.

You are just making stuff up to suit your anti-Levein agenda, which I suspect dates back to before he became DOF.

Neilson has stated in interviews since leaving Hearts that he chose the players.  So you think the DOF should tell the manager who to sign and overrule them - you are contradicting yourself.

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You are just making stuff up to suit your anti-Levein agenda, which I suspect dates back to before he became DOF.

Neilson has stated in interviews since leaving Hearts that he chose the players.  So you think the DOF should tell the manager who to sign and overrule them - you are contradicting yourself.

Neilson and Cathro both got a choice in selecting their own players but the majority had been brung in by Levein, both coaches said where they needed strengthening and the Director of Football brung them in, they had to okay them so it indeed gave them the last word but they're Leveins picks. 

1 minute ago, Hearts lad said:

Neilson and Cathro both got a choice in selecting their own players but the majority had been brung in by Levein, both coaches said where they needed strengthening and the Director of Football brung them in, they had to okay them so it indeed gave them the last word but they're Leveins picks. 

So the manager asked the DOF for help and got it?

Didn't Cathro say Randall was his top target this summer?  This sums up his judgement of players I am afraid.

Remember we were 2nd before he took over.

27 minutes ago, dode said:

Apparently the game ,where despite our shortcoming it took the intervention of bobby bawsack to stop us.

It took the intervention of said sack to install some passion into us.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

So the manager asked the DOF for help and got it?

Didn't Cathro say Randall was his top target this summer?  This sums up his judgement of players I am afraid.

Remember we were 2nd before he took over.

That's the point I'm making that Levein is at fault and he'll squander the money we have with the blessings of Budge and a lot of our supporters. 

6 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

That's the point I'm making that Levein is at fault and he'll squander the money we have with the blessings of Budge and a lot of our supporters. 

The manager trialled and signed them did they not?  Isn't it the manager's job to check them out before signing.

The club has always brought groups of triallists in.  Managers need to know which ones to keep!

Just now, frankblack said:

The manager trialled and signed them did they not?  Isn't it the manager's job to check them out before signing.

The club has always brought groups of triallists in.  Managers need to know which ones to keep!

What part of LEVEIN BRUNG THEM TO THE CLUB don't you grasp ffs? 

9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

So Levein has made our support splt and make it all about taking sides Leveins side or Stewarts. Yes No ?

Our support is not split. There are about 14,000 normal fans and there’s a wee group of weirdos who spend their days looking for any opportunity to put down “their own team” (the bit in quotes being up for debate).

Proper fans defend their club instead of attacking it.

4 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Our support is not split. There are about 14,000 normal fans and there’s a wee group of weirdos who spend their days looking for any opportunity to put down “their own team” (the bit in quotes being up for debate).

Proper fans defend their club instead of attacking it.

The way the fans did when Cathro was drawing with Partick or Dunfermline in the LC you mean? Or does backing the club only apply to ex-players? The hypocrisy on here is incredible. Once Levein's team can beat Rangers 4-1 and Motherwell 3 - scud at Fir Park I will admit the error of my ways.

11 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

You really don't get how clubs use triallists, do you?

23 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

But he didn't. Robbie and Ian will both tell you they got to choose their own players. 

It's blindingly obvious Stewart has an agenda and Levein is right to tell the BBC to bring him to heel.  It's a disgrace that the BBC allows and probably encourages the little rat to talk the way he does. 

Levein shouldn't be dictating to the media about what they can or cannot say. Stewart is a pundit with an opinion. Same as Preston is. Or Gary Mackay. Levein should get over himself. The pressure is getting too much for him and the sooner he walks the better.

2 minutes ago, oi oi said:

Levein shouldn't be dictating to the media about what they can or cannot say. Stewart is a pundit with an opinion. Same as Preston is. Or Gary Mackay. Levein should get over himself. The pressure is getting too much for him and the sooner he walks the better.

A pundit should be reasonably neutral. Stewart is a pundit with a vendetta, the BBC need to get a grip of the little rat. 

Arnold Rothstein
33 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

He's probably struggling with your ****ing horrendous grammar in fairness.

Just now, Dazzle said:

A pundit should be reasonably neutral. Stewart is a pundit with a vendetta, the BBC need to get a grip of the little rat. 

"Should be". I agree they should be there to provide analysis and insight. But these days they are expected to be controversial and provocative. By the way I do think Stewart is a good analyst of the match in comparison to many of the others around these days.

What has Stewart said that was incorrect? There’s quite a lot of MS slagging going on, but little in the way of discussion about his actual comments.

24 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

But he didn't. Robbie and Ian will both tell you they got to choose their own players. 

They both told the Director of Football where they needed to strengthen and Levein gave them the choice to sign the player he identified or not, if it was yes then it made them a Robbie or Cathro signing because as Levein said "they chose what players they wanted". 

31 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

For a DOF to allow a complete novice that amount of leeway would be wrong.

Levein does not appear to agree with you.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-chief-craig-levein-says-10528900

GloriousHeartz

Mikey Stewart is right in everything that he has said. CL going on about two transfer windows etc like he had nothing to do with the signings of the previous managers. This team is his team. He sacked the very man he hired and then we couldn't afford a replacement. Don't be fooled that we couldnt find the right person more like we couldn't find the right person who would operate in the peculiar setting as what we have now.  Also we're was everyone today, I thought we had sold enough season tickets to fill the ground! This is awful. I actually fear for our season.

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, GloriousHeartz said:

Mikey Stewart is right in everything that he has said. CL going on about two transfer windows etc like he had nothing to do with the signings of the previous managers. This team is his team. He sacked the very man he hired and then we couldn't afford a replacement. Don't be fooled that we couldnt find the right person more like we couldn't find the right person who would operate in the peculiar setting as what we have now.  Also we're was everyone today, I thought we had sold enough season tickets to fill the ground! This is awful. I actually fear for our season.

Tena lady in the post to you mate.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Lets be absolutely clear - I have no Craig Levein dislike. He was a fantastic Alan Hansen-esque player. So your first theory is garbage. But there again you suspect and assume a lot don't you?

Without facts your speculation has no foundation - other than what you choose to make up.

Regarding the DoF not being involved is beyond comprehension - unless it was a dereliction of duty to allow novices to sign contracts?? Either way he is culpable in Hearts wasting many thousands of pounds. It is my belief he actioned all signings despite what Neilson said. Whether you choose to agree is up to you.

15 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

For a DOF to allow a complete novice that amount of leeway would be wrong.

Levein does not appear to agree with you.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-chief-craig-levein-says-10528900

Hearts chief Craig Levein says it is his recruitment and not Ian Cathro’s coaching that has caused decline

The Tynecastle director of football insists he deserves a share of the blame.

Archived