Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

26 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

You’re comparing the robinson regime to the budge one?

yeah that’s sensible.

What an infantile post. I'm making the point that if you don't criticise the club whether it be a manager or the board then you won't effect change. If we hadn't criticised Robinson we would not be sitting in the fantastic new Main Stand now. 

Managers tend to be stubborn, none more so than the present custodian, and sometimes it needs fan power to get things back on track. The idea that fans are loyal to custodians of the club no matter what, is arrant nonsense. Hope and faith is all very well but knowing when your support and loyalty is being taken for granted is more important

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Exactly. By defending the club does he mean the club or the board and or manager? If he means people in charge of the club then he presumably supported Chris Robinson and would have been quite happy pitching up at Murrayfield to watch home games .

Indeed. I've never understood the "don't criticise the club" mentality. 

They often deserve it. 

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

And how does that impact on our performances this season?

It doesn't. 

It also doesn't exactly bolster the argument He's just a concerned Hearts fan.

I'll criticise the club when I think it's merited but Michael Stewart is a self important wank who achieved nothing in his football career despite an apparently astonishing talent.

1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So am I.

I just feel that if we binned Levein now we would have absolute chaos.  Ann Budge would not have a football advisor to recruit a suitable replacement with the DOF gone, and we could miss out on any benefits of the forthcoming transfer window because a new coach isn't in place.

Even if we got a new coach in - who would we get? Billy Davies? Pressley?

Then there is the matter of compensation for a Director of Football.  Once that is paid I doubt we would be able to sign anyone, regardless of who we sold.

I think that would almost certainly spell relegation.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I just feel that if we binned Levein now we would have absolute chaos.  Ann Budge would not have a football advisor to recruit a suitable replacement with the DOF gone, and we could miss out on any benefits of the forthcoming transfer window because a new coach isn't in place.

Then there is the matter of compensation for a Director of Football.  Once that is paid I doubt we would be able to sign anyone, regardless of who we sold.

She could approach Jim Jefferies with a view to taking on an advisory role in  charge of footballing admin matters, contracts eta. The role of the DOF and the boot room philosophy have been the catalyst for most of our problems over the last couole of years. I cant see CL accepting any dilution of his power and in any case, Jim Jefferies is of more personable character and better suited to that role. Jack Ross as manager  not Head Coach and we would be back on track.

23 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She could approach Jim Jefferies with a view to taking on an advisory role in  charge of footballing admin matters, contracts eta. The role of the DOF and the boot room philosophy have been the catalyst for most of our problems over the last couole of years. I cant see CL accepting any dilution of his power and in any case, Jim Jefferies is of more personable character and better suited to that role. Jack Ross as manager  not Head Coach and we would be back on track.

One in a million chance of Budge doing that. 

25 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I just don't see Jim Jefferies getting that role at Hearts.

Where is he now?  Edinburgh City?

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Michael Stewart - Think we got one good season out of 4 from him. True pro...

In between, well he signed for the Hibees...PHM.

Wasn't Stewart one of the dressing room rebels that got "Square heid" John Collins the boot from hibs. A good bit of espionage from Stewart back then but he does sound like a stuck record now on Levein although I do agree with his comments on our recruitment for the most part.

Just now, frankblack said:

I just don't see Jim Jefferies getting that role at Hearts.

Where is he now?  Edinburgh City?

The present role is a contrived one. Jefferies would be ideal for an advisory type role. He is at Edinburgh City just now but has been a top level club manager more recently than CL. We could approach Jack Ross for the managers job. I doubt he would return if CL was still there though.

Bridge of Djoum
On 12/2/2017 at 09:12, Smithee said:

That article said he's at training every day, but even ignoring that there are plenty of managers who spend very little time training. I've mentioned Martin O'Neill before, someone who very very rarely got involved in training while at Celtic. Different managers have different styles, but if Levein says he's at training every day, he'll see it all I imagine

Many claiming CL's best coaching/managing years are behind him, the game has moved on.

Then folks start throwing JJ'S name around.......

Do we even know if Jefferies would be able do the job of overseeing all the administrative duties of a DoF for a club our size? Do we even know if he’d want to?

14 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Many claiming CL's best coaching/managing years are behind him, the game has moved on.

Then folks start throwing JJ'S name around.......

Indeed...

On 02/12/2017 at 19:32, socrates82 said:

Our support is not split. There are about 14,000 normal fans and there’s a wee group of weirdos who spend their days looking for any opportunity to put down “their own team” (the bit in quotes being up for debate).

Proper fans defend their club instead of attacking it.

This post is not racist or bigoted but is ......now what is the word ?

Oh aye STUPID.

Just now, mitch41 said:

Accurate.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh aye STUPID.

Image result for irony gif

4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh aye STUPID.

Two words actually Mitch.

Not sure.

Just now, Ryder said:

Accurate.

14000 fans who are happy with what we are watching every week and a man who runs to a pundits employers moaning about him.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Add to that the shake up in our youth teams and the Balerno HS project, and it would be criminal to risk that and the things you mention above.

In all my years supporting Hearts I have never been so positive about our future, but then i'm not myopic and can see beyond the end of my nose. Not trying to be abusive, but I despair at times at some of the comments on here.

Just now, mitch41 said:

14000 fans who are happy with what we are watching every week and a man who runs to a pundits employers moaning about him.

You’ve spent so long living in an echo chamber you have lost touch with reality.

5 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Indeed...

I quite clearly stated that the  role would be an advisory one, advising on contracts, dealing with agents etc. Please point out where i suggested JJ takes on a coaching role.

We've survived and thrived over many years without diluting the 1st team manager role and adding another layer, DOF, to oversee him. Only the manager and his coaches should be involved with first team matters

Coburg Hearts
7 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Oh aye STUPID.

Sensible. 

2 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Add to that the shake up in our youth teams and the Balerno HS project, and it would be criminal to risk that and the things you mention above.

In all my years supporting Hearts I have never been so positive about our future, but then i'm not myopic and can see beyond the end of my nose. Not trying to be abusive, but I despair at times at some of the comments on here.

So CL has to stay in case we jeopardise the Balerno HS project??  Is that what you are suggesting??  I take it some posters on here believe that Levein doesn't use the Queensferry Crossing he just walks across the water. I'm sure pretty much anyone could organise the Balerno HS "project"

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So CL has to stay in case we jeopardise the Balerno HS project??  Is that what you are suggesting??  I take it some posters on here believe that Levein doesn't use the Queensferry Crossing he just walks across the water. I'm sure pretty much anyone could organise the Balerno HS "project"

Ok, Enzo.

If anyone could organise it, please inform us of the existing set-up and how you'd improve it going forward.

Coburg Hearts
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Please don't twist what I said.

So it's all right for almost every coach on the planet to get at least one window, and usually two, but it's not all right for one of our best ever servants to get same. Aye, right.

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And he did quote, ''add to that the Balerno HS Project'' He didn't at any point say CL should be kept on only because of this.

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I quite clearly stated that the  role would be an advisory one, advising on contracts, dealing with agents etc. Please point out where i suggested JJ takes on a coaching role.

We've survived and thrived over many years without diluting the 1st team manager role and adding another layer, DOF, to oversee him. Only the manager and his coaches should be involved with first team matters

I didn't suggest you did...but what would be the point of paying JJ a wage to advise if it has no involvement in first team matters...who would he be advising?

And if we do need this advisory role why JJ over the wide range of people available in the game?

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

I didn't suggest you did...but what would be the point of paying JJ a wage to advise if it has no involvement in first team matters...who would he be advising?

And if we do need this advisory role why JJ over the wide range of people available in the game?

Image result for applause gif funny

16 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So do I, but for completely different reasons to yours.

Bridge of Djoum

Enzo, if you were a horse the plastic sheet would've been placed over you a good few pages ago.

Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Enzo, if you were a horse the plastic sheet would've been placed over you a good few pages ago.

Titters quietly in corner.

:)

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Ann Budge . The DOF should not be advising the first team manager, he is there to advise the board. Our DOF has been advising the Head Coach which is probably why there had been no discernible change in our style of play since CL took over. You ask why JJ over the wide range of other people in the game.  I would ask the same question about CLs appointment as manager

11 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Please don't twist what I said.

So it's all right for almost every coach on the planet to get at least one window, and usually two, but it's not all right for one of our best ever servants to get same. Aye, right.

Best ever servant cuts no ice with me. He is managing not playing. He has been in "overall charge of all football related matters" over the last few transfer windows and has presided over a shambles. He has appointed managers and handed out contracts. I don't trust him to pick the right type of player to take the club forward.

14 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Even if CL had a tenner ew on? Your buddy wouldn't thank you for that. He might even complain to your boss.

29 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

What sort of timescale are we looking at for Hearts to become super successful? 5 years? 10 years? 

Some of us would quite like to see a decent Hearts team a little sooner and would find it unacceptable to pay so much money to watch the team fail and achieve nothing before "the promised days" arrive. 

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Best ever servant cuts no ice with me. He is managing not playing. He has been in "overall charge of all football related matters" over the last few transfer windows and has presided over a shambles. He has appointed managers and handed out contracts. I don't trust him to pick the right type of player to take the club forward.

I'm glad that Ann Budge has more sense in her little pinkie than some have in total on here. I'm out.

Coburg Hearts
1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

What sort of timescale are we looking at for Hearts to become super successful? 5 years? 10 years? 

Some of us would quite like to see a decent Hearts team a little sooner and would find it unacceptable to pay so much money to watch the team fail and achieve nothing before "the promised days" arrive. 

I'm expecting a huge improvement next season, and the following season to be back where we should be, challenging for at least third place. This is my gut feeling so don't ask how I know. Only time will tell, but I'm positive we're on the right track. 

I know lots on here will scoff and that's fair enough, but I'm not argueing about it. Life's too short. :smile:

Bridge of Djoum
13 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even if CL had a tenner ew on? Your buddy wouldn't thank you for that. He might even complain to your boss.

Ah, having a go at a man because he chucks a few quid at the horses. Any other low level stoops to make regarding the man?

2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Ah, having a go at a man because he chucks a few quid at the horses. Any other low level stoops to make regarding the man?

Having a go or having a laugh? If you want to play the daft laddie bit don't be offended when you get a response. No "safe spaces " on here old son.

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Having a go or having a laugh? If you want to play the daft laddie bit don't be offended when you get a response. No "safe spaces " on here old son.

''Offended''? This appears to be the new thing on KB. 

When attempting to defend something or someone in a positive fashion, you are either...

A. A happy  clapper

B. Deluded

C. Offended

Funny thing is, none of these epithets describes me.

9 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm expecting a huge improvement next season, and the following season to be back where we should be, challenging for at least third place. This is my gut feeling so don't ask how I know. Only time will tell, but I'm positive we're on the right track. 

I know lots on here will scoff and that's fair enough, but I'm not argueing about it. Life's too short. :smile:

"A huge improvement" next season could well end up beating the mighty Ayr, Dunfermline, QOTS etc etc. That is the way we are going with this team. 

I am all for being positive, however, those being positive on here just move their hopes and expectations continually: post-Cathro, then once back at Tynecastle, then following the January window, then next season........ What happens in the meantime is pretty important, too, particularly given that ticket/hospitality/merchandise sales have a direct impact on when we may see this "huge improvement". 

1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

"A huge improvement" next season could well end up beating the mighty Ayr, Dunfermline, QOTS etc etc. That is the way we are going with this team. 

I am all for being positive, however, those being positive on here just move their hopes and expectations continually: post-Cathro, then once back at Tynecastle, then following the January window, then next season........ What happens in the meantime is pretty important, too, particularly given that ticket/hospitality/merchandise sales have a direct impact on when we may see this "huge improvement". 

Would be nice to be champions again.....

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Out of interest, and with no agenda, a question for you.

Which fans do you think are more likely to buy merchandise, the continually negative mob or the glass half full crowd?

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Would be nice to be champions again.....

Or relegated next season, too. Then we could experience the wonders of new stadiums in a(n even) lower league, win that one and then the championship again the following season. 

Perhaps the 5 year plan actually is bang on track.... 

33 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ann Budge . The DOF should not be advising the first team manager, he is there to advise the board. Our DOF has been advising the Head Coach which is probably why there had been no discernible change in our style of play since CL took over. You ask why JJ over the wide range of other people in the game.  I would ask the same question about CLs appointment as manager

That is not my understanding of a director in a company but perhaps you know that the DOF role at Hearts is different?

I am not party to the detail of CL's appointment but would guess at one or all of the following. 1. Cost, reduces salary bill 2. CL being held to account for previous failed managerial appointment 3. CL is trusted by the Hearts board to fill the manager role.

I ask again, why JJ?

2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Out of interest, and with no agenda, a question for you.

Which fans do you think are more likely to buy merchandise, the continually negative mob or the glass half full crowd?

I do not believe there is a definitive answer to this, to be honest.

Some of the harshest critics are only so critical because they care so much and it genuinely hurts them to see us suffer.

Some of the super positive crew (Tosh, as an example) have said that Hearts losing does not really bother them that much: Saturday afternoon out and win, lose or draw it is much the same. 

22 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Hearts are shite.

Pundit says Hearts are shite.

Hearts manager (or is that head coach...or Director of Football?) gets upset & tries to deflect from fact Hearts are totally shite.

Gullible idiots believe manager is good guy & pundit has... AN AGENDA!!1!1!

True story.

This is EXACTLY what is happening.

Some of the fragile supporters on here cannot handle the fact that Hearts are pish. Can't handle the fact that Levein is brutal at pretty much everything, and can't handle the fact that we are worse than Hibs. 

But they don't allow the criticism because we were worse in the 70s :lol:

Bonkers.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She could approach Jim Jefferies with a view to taking on an advisory role in  charge of footballing admin matters, contracts eta. 

See this is the absolute dinosaur thinking that pretty much sums up football on Scotland.

Why on earth would you think that Jefferies now could bring anything new to the table? Anything that would take the Club forward?

It's bizarre thinking.

Archived