Levein on Mikey Stewart

Wilo

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

I do not believe there is a definitive answer to this, to be honest.

Some of the harshest critics are only so critical because they care so much and it genuinely hurts them to see us suffer.

Some of the super positive crew (Tosh, as an example) have said that Hearts losing does not really bother them that much: Saturday afternoon out and win, lose or draw it is much the same. 

I think most of us experience the same ''high'' when we win. We just don't all sink to despair when things aren't going well.

There is nothing wrong in being positive, (not deluded), (not happy clapping). Some just don't take life all that seriously. I don't think it means they support their team any less.

To be honest, BB, the negativity on here is crushing at times. 

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

This is EXACTLY what is happening.

Some of the fragile supporters on here cannot handle the fact that Hearts are pish. Can't handle the fact that Levein is brutal at pretty much everything, and can't handle the fact that we are worse than Hibs. 

But they don't allow the criticism because we were worse in the 70s :lol:

Bonkers.

And there are those who revel in the glory, the cup wins, the 22 in a row, but fall apart when things take a (temporary) downturn.

Big Slim Stylee
4 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

And there are those who revel in the glory, the cup wins, the 22 in a row, but fall apart when things take a (temporary) downturn.

I really think the majority of us don't lose the plot. We're HMFC. We get used to being shite most of the time. Then get super excited when we're not. Then get moany again when we are.

It's quite simple, really.

8 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

I think most of us experience the same ''high'' when we win. We just don't all sink to despair when things aren't going well.

There is nothing wrong in being positive, (not deluded), (not happy clapping). Some just don't take life all that seriously. I don't think it means they support their team any less.

To be honest, BB, the negativity on here is crushing at times. 

In the main, I agree. However, the super positive posting (when things really are bad) is equally irritating.  

Coburg Hearts
24 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

"A huge improvement" next season could well end up beating the mighty Ayr, Dunfermline, QOTS etc etc. That is the way we are going with this team. 

I am all for being positive, however, those being positive on here just move their hopes and expectations continually: post-Cathro, then once back at Tynecastle, then following the January window, then next season........ What happens in the meantime is pretty important, too, particularly given that ticket/hospitality/merchandise sales have a direct impact on when we may see this "huge improvement". 

I'm fully expecting an upturn in fortunes in the second half of the season. You keep being negative and I'll counterbalance it by being positive.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I'm fully expecting an upturn in fortunes in the second half of the season. You keep being negative and I'll counterbalance it by being positive.

Or you could just take the less stressful path of being a bit ambivalent and going "it's just us" because..it is! :)

Bridge of Djoum
8 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

In the main, I agree. However, the super positive posting (when things really are bad) is equally irritating.  

Fair enough.

Coburg Hearts
6 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Or you could just take the less stressful path of being a bit ambivalent and going "it's just us" because..it is! :)

Having survived the Vlad years everything is less stressful. I'd imagine, though, if I was the negative type i'd be pretty stressed. No ambivalence here haha

9 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

The less stressful path for most of the super positive on here is simply to change the timescale for being "ok/decent/competitive" again. If the January window is, which is fairly likely, shite for us, it will just be a case of "wait until next season, then you will see us back!". And then another window/season if it doesnt work out that way. 

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The less stressful path for most of the super positive on here is simply to change the timescale for being "ok/decent/competitive" again. If the January window is, which is fairly likely, shite for us, it will just be a case of "wait until next season, then you will see us back!". And then another window/season if it doesnt work out that way. 

Hahaha :) There's always the next window for yet another round of false hope!

I do not particularly like Michael Stewart or agree with all of his views. But the results and performances that are now the norm leave us wide open to criticism, that is what should be of concern to Hearts fans. We have assembled a first team squad with one of the highest wage bills in Scotland that has little sell on value and despite an increase in effort and passion, no potential for improvement or consistency. It is not injuries and we have now returned to Tynecastle, so what is wrong now ? I will believe in the '' different way '' when I believe driverless cars. I do not believe in the bootroom of coaches, laptop coaching, performance schools, box soccer,  recruitment via agents recommendation. I do believe in youth development, as well as scouting and recruiting players to benefit our club now and for the future, but the first team has to take priority. Basic stuff. Craig Levien needs to step up and turn this round ( he alone is the DOF ), starting in January, we need at least two good signings ( we should have a list of targets  by now ) just for  mid-table safety, and away from any dog-fight at the bottom.

16 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

It never, ever, ever ends. Thats the beauty of being super positive: you are able to totally slate those being worried and claim you are the "better fan" for constantly spouting nonsense about how we are just about to improve. 

Example: Tosh scoffed at people who said returning to Tynecastle wouldnt solve the problems, called them pant wetters and confidently assured us that we would be higher than Hibs by the next derby. Now he will be saying we cannot change anything until January. Nap. 

30 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

And crappy signings. There ought to be a few shoogly pegs right now at the club. Who gets the final say though ?  Are we going through the same system as last time - the talent " scouts" put the possibilities to CL and he gets to choose which lucky bag he wants to save his skin ?  Methinks CL won't be having any of that . I hope so anyway. 

1 hour ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Fair play. A "temporary downturn". The last 24 months must be a blink of the eye to you.   I don't find the current failures "crushing" but I'm struggling with the idea that it's only "temporary".  This place becomes more like Animal Farm with every passing week of failure.  

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Many claiming CL's best coaching/managing years are behind him, the game has moved on.

Then folks start throwing JJ'S name around.......

Took the words out my mouth. 

Get Billy Broon back an aw :facepalm: 

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Ann Budge . The DOF should not be advising the first team manager, he is there to advise the board. Our DOF has been advising the Head Coach which is probably why there had been no discernible change in our style of play since CL took over. You ask why JJ over the wide range of other people in the game.  I would ask the same question about CLs appointment as manager

If you can't see that there has been a different style of play since CL took over then you can't expect folk to take your opinion seriously 

40 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

What's Tommy Mclean up to these days?

Probably tucking nuts and grain in his cheeks for the Winter. 

8 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Probably tucking nuts and grain in his cheeks for the Winter. 

:rofl:

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If you can't see that there has been a different style of play since CL took over then you can't expect folk to take your opinion seriously 

The degree of smoke and mirrors (Madden's fault, Michael Stewart, etc) from many on here is quite staggering!  How anyone can look at the stats, consider our form over a significant period of time, recognise we have a manager with a poorer win ratio than Ian Cathro and contemplate our next 6 fixtures but still think we are not in REAL danger of being in a relegation dog-fight in a few weeks is clearly deluded, that must include you!

MS , its bulley boy tactics, lets concentrate on all the negativity, not the good, so Levein stands up to the bulley

10 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

The degree of smoke and mirrors (Madden's fault, Michael Stewart, etc) from many on here is quite staggering!  How anyone can look at the stats, consider our form over a significant period of time, recognise we have a manager with a poorer win ratio than Ian Cathro and contemplate our next 6 fixtures but still think we are not in REAL danger of being in a relegation dog-fight in a few weeks is clearly deluded, that must include you!

We have a team built and trained by Cathro.

If you want to compare records, try the last 10-20 weeks of results of Cathro's spell in charge.  Results started not great using Robbie Neilson's team and then turned to shit.

13 minutes ago, samcdonald22 said:

MS , its bulley boy tactics, lets concentrate on all the negativity, not the good, so Levein stands up to the bulley

What is all the good?

Improving substantially over the next two months will be sweet on so many levels.  As a Hearts fan, Hearts winning will please me and as someone who hates Hearts haters, their misery will nourish me.

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

What is all the good?

The fact you are isolated to here with no input in team matters and are powerless to do anything but moan.

Helps through bad times as it makes me smile, so thanks   :lol:

2 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

The fact you are isolated to here with no input in team matters and are powerless to do anything but moan.

Helps through bad times as it makes me smile, so thanks   :lol:

In English?

Just now, Gambo said:

In English?

Not surprised  your confused .  

You've been called a dick twice and not reported them.

Your pain is funny.

14 minutes ago, EreWeG0.. said:

Not surprised  your confused .  

You've been called a dick twice and not reported them.

Your pain is funny.

Reporting folk......do folk actually do that on an internet forum?

But still does not make your response to my post to another user make any sense.

On 12/1/2017 at 22:47, Thought Police said:

He’s spot on. I won’t deny that a lot of what Stewart says is solid analysis, but how can someone who has clearly such an agenda be allowed to constantly have digs? We created a lot of chances last week but Stewart is very selective in his analysis.

The final paragraph is amazing. Stewart was absolutely minging in his first spell.

Stewart was very insistant that we had played better last week and that we had created lots of chances. His point was they were poor chances. He was spot on. We know they both have an agenda with each other which makes them behave like knobs but neither are always wrong...

18 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Reporting folk......do folk actually do that on an internet forum?

But still does not make your response to my post to another user make any sense.

4 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

There has been a change from at least TRYING to play football to a more negative, tight safety first approach. But the fear factor, the lack of pace and width is still a major factor. The pedestrian pace and tge reluctance to shoot are still evident. Berra is the main  reason why we have tightened up at the back and obviously Cathro didn't get time to benefit from his presence.  We were capable of scoring 3 or 4 several times last season but now...not a chance. If we scored against Rangers now, it would be backs to the wall stuff. If you think we've improved overall since last year then your opinion doesn't deserve to be taken seriously. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

What is all the good?

No defeats at tynecastle, Top six position,  new guys coming through, cathros gone! 14k season tickets sold, no debt etc etc, im sure even you could find one positive

No wins at Tynecastle v team's lower in the league than us......thats a positive?

Cathro gone, no improvement on results....that a bonus?

Season ticket holders not bothered attending games....thats a positive?

5000 + empty seats .... thats a positive?

Lots of positives off the pitch acknowledged by M.S. but  very very few on the pitch where it matters.

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

No wins at Tynecastle v team's lower in the league than us......thats a positive?

Lots of positives off the pitch acknowledged by M.S. but  very very few on the pitch where it matters.

The fact you can't see that Cathro got us into this position with his signings over the last two windows is very worrying.  A manager can only piss with the ****** he has.

13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The fact you can't see that Cathro got us into this position with his signings over the last two windows is very worrying.  A manager can only piss with the ****** he has.

Cathro has gone mate.

Levein was employed to work with this team, a team he had a major hand in putting together. He is doing a poor job so far.

9 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Cathro has gone mate.

Levein was employed to work with this team, a team he had a major hand in putting together. He is doing a poor job so far.

Gambo, wasting your time mate. Difficult to hear when both lugs are full of sand!

12 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

It never, ever, ever ends. Thats the beauty of being super positive: you are able to totally slate those being worried and claim you are the "better fan" for constantly spouting nonsense about how we are just about to improve. 

Example: Tosh scoffed at people who said returning to Tynecastle wouldnt solve the problems, called them pant wetters and confidently assured us that we would be higher than Hibs by the next derby. Now he will be saying we cannot change anything until January. Nap. 

As someone who's been accused of being super positive, I try not to pull out the 'better fan' argument (particularly since many of you are season ticket holders and I'm just a Hearts TV subscriber) but on the flip side it's grating to be told that having what are in my estimation reasonably limited expectations while recovering from a disastrous head coach (whom I asked to be fired in March), we're dragging the club down to the Championship because we're not "holding the club to account."

Coburg Hearts
8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Gambo, wasting your time mate. Difficult to hear when both lugs are full of sand!

So my lugs are full of sand? None so blind as those who can't see (that Levein needs at least one window) 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

And to top it all off, its christmas meaning you have to spend money on pressies bah humbug

Apparently Mikey has offered to meet Craig to sort put their differences. I for one would be delighted if this happened as their disaffection has riven the support into two camps.  Come on Craig take up his offer!

1 hour ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So my lugs are full of sand? None so blind as those who can't see (that Levein needs at least one window) 

Levein, as director of football has now overseen 7 transfer windows. Signed the cheques. Approved the contracts. Seen the scouting reports. I'll be generous and say 3 of those windows were utter disasters. I'll also be VERY generous and say he was 50% responsible for them being disasters, (just about everyone else responsible is no longer at the club) although in truth the buck stops with him when you end up with a squad as lacking and as deficient and as full of holes as he has somehow managed.

He has said himself that he needs 2 further windows to fix things. I'd give him a door instead of a window, Open it, push him through it, and lock it behind him.

He cant be trusted with 2 windows unless the first one produces MAJOR improvement.

15 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Apparently Mikey has offered to meet Craig to sort put their differences. I for one would be delighted if this happened as their disaffection has riven the support into two camps.  Come on Craig take up his offer!

That’s just weird.

34 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Looks a lot more like the support were already in two camps, and we all enjoyed the tussle as a bit of a break from the drudgery 2017 has been.

1 hour ago, redm said:

That’s just weird.

I thought that , if I was straight down the line and my personal opinions werent affecting my punditry i certainly wouldn’t be asking to meet and sort it out. I’d be sticking to what I said on sportscene and saying I stand by my comments. 

Some of what he says is good but there was a noticeable difference in how he behaved and his attitude comments on Sunday. They were far more positive which considering the consensus is we were better against County could give a slant on it which would add fuel to the agenda perception. Following that , maybe he can be objective and look at the positives as he did Sunday aswell as maintaining the appropriate criticisms and have an opinion worth listening to again. Rather than what often feels like constant digs jibes and negativity on all fronts. 

Archived