Wilo

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

No he played for Hibs. 

39 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Post of the year

Really, you probably think the same of Gordon Smith, Willie Hamilton and Paul Hartley in that case.

Post of the year in stupidity!!

3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Really, you probably think the same of Gordon Smith, Willie Hamilton and Paul Hartley in that case.

What aboot Andy Watson? Ye better no be callin Andy Watson a Jambo :D

6 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Ok here we go....

Gordon Smith got his break at Hibs but then got his move to his boyhood club. He also helped Hearts win the league and league cup in his first season. 

Willie Hamilton was a Celtic fan. He also signed for Hearts but was turned by Stein to sign for the shite.

Paul Hartley? Really? He is a Celtic fan. His contribution to Hearts I don't need to go in to. 

13 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

The first two I don't know, they were before my time but yes, I think that Paul Hartley isn't a jambo - do you think he is? Now who's being stupid?

Bridge of Djoum
3 hours ago, Jeff said:

Is MS a jambo out of curiosity?

Yes, in the same way John Wayne Gacy was a clown.

3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Ok here we go....

Gordon Smith got his break at Hibs but then got his move to his boyhood club. He also helped Hearts win the league and league cup in his first season. 

Willie Hamilton was a Celtic fan. He also signed for Hearts but was turned by Stein to sign for the shite.

Paul Hartley? Really? He is a Celtic fan. His contribution to Hearts I don't need to go in to. 

Your assumption was anyone who played for hibs was not worthy. At no time did I suggest anyone who played for us was a hibs fan. I have supplied 3 examples of players that played for hibs that excelled at Hearts.

Just how thick are you? 

Just now, gowestjambo said:

Your assumption was anyone who played for hibs was not worthy. At no time did I suggest anyone who played for us was a hibs fan. I have supplied 3 examples of players that played for hibs that excelled at Hearts.

Just how thick are you? 

It was your assumptions that led you to that conclusion. 

3 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Michael Stewart is a Jambo regardless of who he has played for. Hope this clears the matter up.

Thanks for that Michael!

5 hours ago, sadj said:

I thought that , if I was straight down the line and my personal opinions werent affecting my punditry i certainly wouldn’t be asking to meet and sort it out. I’d be sticking to what I said on sportscene and saying I stand by my comments. 

Some of what he says is good but there was a noticeable difference in how he behaved and his attitude comments on Sunday. They were far more positive which considering the consensus is we were better against County could give a slant on it which would add fuel to the agenda perception. Following that , maybe he can be objective and look at the positives as he did Sunday aswell as maintaining the appropriate criticisms and have an opinion worth listening to again. Rather than what often feels like constant digs jibes and negativity on all fronts. 

It was very obvious and, therefore, your opinion would seem to be backed up the fact - unusual on here!

7 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Apparently Mikey has offered to meet Craig to sort put their differences. I for one would be delighted if this happened as their disaffection has riven the support into two camps.  Come on Craig take up his offer!

Craig will win in the second round by a technical knock out,  although only  after MS tries to kick the spit bucket at him and falls on his erse....but in all seriousness I think talking to each other and reaching an amicable understanding  is what's needed. I doubt they'd be best buddies but hope they can be professional. Ultimately  taking the negative spotlight away will take the pressure off CL, which will only be a good thing. 

6 hours ago, sadj said:

I thought that , if I was straight down the line and my personal opinions werent affecting my punditry i certainly wouldn’t be asking to meet and sort it out. I’d be sticking to what I said on sportscene and saying I stand by my comments. 

Some of what he says is good but there was a noticeable difference in how he behaved and his attitude comments on Sunday. They were far more positive which considering the consensus is we were better against County could give a slant on it which would add fuel to the agenda perception. Following that , maybe he can be objective and look at the positives as he did Sunday aswell as maintaining the appropriate criticisms and have an opinion worth listening to again. Rather than what often feels like constant digs jibes and negativity on all fronts. 

MS didn't ask for a meeting to sort anything out.

He was asked half jokingly if this should happen and he replied that he wouldn't have a problem with it, he even went on to say that he doesn't have an issue with CL purely with his performance.

He also confirmed that he was indeed brought up a Hearts supporter.

He's still a dick.

The only way Levein can stop the criticism, and Stewart isn't the only one giving it is by winning Football matches.

I'm confident given a little more time, that he will do that. He's still picking up the pieces from Cathro's mess, he backed Cathro as he believed in him, so did 99% of Hearts fans when he was appointed.

Even though Stewart goes over the top with his views, he's only saying how he see's it.

It would be different if Hearts went on a five game winning run.

• 2 weeks later...
A_A wehatethehibs

we had to put something on the contract so it was £1 a week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money I have ever had from any player, and that is a fact.”

still pishing myself at this ?

Picturing it next to the “blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey” and “all I ever wanted was to play for Hearts” quotes from your McKays and Willie Baulds etc on the wall at tynecastle 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

we had to put something on the contract so it was £1 a week and, without doubt, it was the worst value for money I have ever had from any player, and that is a fact.”

still pishing myself at this ?

Picturing it next to the “blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey” and “all I ever wanted was to play for Hearts” quotes from your McKays and Willie Baulds etc on the wall at tynecastle 

Childish remark that made him look ridiculous. Stewart was similar to Derek Ferguson in that, at times, his vision was one step ahead of his teammates and therefore he wasn't as effective as he would have been in a better team.

15 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Childish remark that made him look ridiculous. Stewart was similar to Derek Ferguson in that, at times, his vision was one step ahead of his teammates and therefore he wasn't as effective as he would have been in a better team.

:rofl:

20 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Levein is standing his ground and Stewart should be, and seems to be, taking it as he gives out plenty. MS was a great player when in form, he absolutely bossed a derby we would have been hammered in otherwise, must have been under Csaba. Despite his talent I recall he only really played a few full seasons and didn't do much after leaving HMFC. Think you're being kind to him. 

For clarity, a few full seasons in his entire career.

16 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Derek Ferguson ! :pleased:

Now there was a waste of money.

A decent player but kept his talent well hidden at Hearts.

If he was playing nowadays and Craig Levein spent 750k on signing him there would be mobs of Hearts fans marching down McLeod Street with pitchforks and burning torches hunting for CL.

He did have something in common with MS an overblown opinion of himself.

At least Ferguson didn't try to crack on he was a Hearts fan though.

I wish MS would stop being so ****ing petty. CL couldn't care less about him and its a result of his constant niggling that it is even being discussed. As a pundit with pretty interesting analysis he really lets himself down with this obviously personal vendetta. 

Its beneath him and turning off a lot of his 'home' crowd - i.e Hearts fans should be his bread and butter as far as viewers/listeners goes. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wish MS would stop being so ****ing petty. CL couldn't care less about him and its a result of his constant niggling that it is even being discussed. As a pundit with pretty interesting analysis he really lets himself down with this obviously personal vendetta. 

Its beneath him and turning off a lot of his 'home' crowd - i.e Hearts fans should be his bread and butter as far as viewers/listeners goes. 

He tells it as he sees it and some fans agree with him but lots don't. The guy earns his living from being a media pundit and any time I have listened to him I have not disagreed with what he has said.

If you read the posts about how people  have played on here after a game it's amazing how there can be so many variations and I see the MS/CL as no different.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

He tells it as he sees it and some fans agree with him but lots don't. The guy earns his living from being a media pundit and any time I have listened to him I have not disagreed with what he has said.

If you read the posts about how people  have played on here after a game it's amazing how there can be so many variations and I see the MS/CL as no different.

When there is a general consensus of opinion on here you can usually guarantee what MS highlights is a negative opinion that he ‘s been selective in order to highlight. I used to like his punditry and it has been far different since he was called out. You could see the uncomfortable demeanour he had been asked about it. He most definately was overly critical in a way that was extreme. Look at how Gary Mackay is he can be critical but he has sound reasoning whereas MS doesn’t a lot of the time. Even Biscuits is more reasoned in his assessments qnd comments be it positive or negative. MS used to be that way but there was a definite shift in his stance with no reasoning. As I say his different attitude since he was called out would imply his negativity even if it was his opinion was tempered with an agenda conciously or subconciously

5 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Utter horseshit. Mickey made numerous bad decisions and often passed the ball to the opposition or the advertising boards. Instead of acknowledging when he ****ed up, he would point at the nearest player to himself and screech. A total liability 50% of the time.

i wish jj was my dad

I liked Mikey as a player but hecwas nowhere near as good as he thought.

I also generally like his punditry but when it comes CL his obsession is almost as bad as some of the clowns on here.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I also generally like his punditry but when it comes CL his obsession is almost as bad as some of the clowns on here.

Spot on with both points... He has been better the last couple of weeks but it was becoming ridiculous how he was continually picking and choosing negative things without reasoning. He used to be very good in his punditry , him and Tom English were leagues above anyone else and when it comes to any other team he still is. Hopefully now he can get back to reasoned positions regarding Hearts aswell.

7 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I'll give you Ferguson being a step ahead at times but MS?  Not a chance, he was never a player in a month of Sunday's or at least not to the standard that he believed.  I remember thinking that we had signed someone really special only to find out that we no more than an Ally Mauchlen or Andy Watson level of player and that is being generous.

lets not forget, MS only played roughly 200 games in his career, most of those in a 2-3 season spell at Hearts and Hibs.  Elsewhere, he was a journeyman.  As a pundit, he has some decent points but his personal agenda against Levein has stuffed him and has shown his lack of objectivity.  It's also shown that he is clueless.

also, Leveins remark was hilarious and put MS on his arse without even trying.

A_A wehatethehibs

Touched a nerve there mikey? ?

A pound shop bombscare player who believed himself to be Paul scholes. The only things he shared with scholes were ginger hair, poor tackling and a short fuse. And as a pundit he is The pound shop Alan Hansen 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, wavydavy said:

His analysis of the Ross County game on Sportsound was basically sensationalist  lies. Driven by his own agenda. He also said he'd give praise where it was due.. Hes been strangely silent of late.. **** Michael Stewart..

Why does MS seem to have such an issue with Levein and/or Hearts? Fair enough if they didn't particularly like eachother in a player/manager capacity but why has it escalated so much?

Generally, what MS has been saying has been fair but perhaps overly negative and there is no doubt he has let personal feelings drive that negativity, which shouldn't be the case for a pundit. Levein gets a ridiculous amount of criticism and a lot if it is unfair; I have no doubt he can take it but he must wonder why there is such a serious level of vitriol directed at him despite all of the effort he puts in and all he has done for the club (I accept that there have been mistakes as well).

8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I’m sorry but MS couldn’t lace Derek Ferguson’s boots. 

What’s pathetic here is we have two grown men with Hearts supposedly in their best interests at loggerheads and publicly goading one and other. Pair of childish pricks.

And now we have more grown men arguing about them on here... FFS.

Only thing i’d Like to see is them stfu about their personal agendas and get on with their jobs - embarrassment.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
8 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Even that water bottle out-witted Stewart. 

Not sure how I missed this but that value for money quote is comedy gold.

Mikey does have a rather large ego and if he was chocolate he'd eat himself but he's actually not a bad lad. Anyways it's the right time of year for Panto so lets hope this continues, its more entertaining than his double act with "Thommo"

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Always wondered why sir alex ferguson let him go.

9 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Is Mikey riding you? 

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

His analysis of the Ross County game on Sportsound was basically sensationalist  lies. Driven by his own agenda. He also said he'd give praise where it was due.. Hes been strangely silent of late.. **** Michael Stewart..

That's your opinion which I don't agree with which was my point. It boils down to how you see things. I think he gives an accurate assessment of our games  every week. You think he has an agenda, I don't. I think he is just being honest in describing what he sees. Interesting that Thompson on Sportscene seems to agree with him most of the time. Does he have an agenda as well?

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

That's your opinion which I don't agree with which was my point. It boils down to how you see things. I think he gives an accurate assessment of our games  every week. You think he has an agenda, I don't. I think he is just being honest in describing what he sees. Interesting that Thompson on Sportscene seems to agree with him most of the time. Does he have an agenda as well?

Stewart has admitted it's personal. Which means his view is biased. That also means his constant criticism can be seen as an agenda 

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Why does MS seem to have such an issue with Levein and/or Hearts? Fair enough if they didn't particularly like eachother in a player/manager capacity but why has it escalated so much?

Generally, what MS has been saying has been fair but perhaps overly negative and there is no doubt he has let personal feelings drive that negativity, which shouldn't be the case for a pundit. Levein gets a ridiculous amount of criticism and a lot if it is unfair; I have no doubt he can take it but he must wonder why there is such a serious level of vitriol directed at him despite all of the effort he puts in and all he has done for the club (I accept that there have been mistakes as well).

I genuinely believe Levein will have been the only person to have properly stood up to Stewart’s behaviour his entire career and like any wee brat he couldn’t handle it and tries to vilify Levein at every turn. 

2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Stewart has admitted it's personal. Which means his view is biased. That also means his constant criticism can be seen as an agenda 

Do you seriously disagree with his match assessments? I think for t he most part they are very accurate.

3 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Spot on!

Just now, Des Lynam said:

Indeed , to try and suggest MS's comments are not affected by his personal agenda against CL is obvious nonsense . I also like MS as a pundit . He is bright , cutting and , rightly , opinionated . CL and Hearts have deserved criticism but it should be constructive and reasonably fair . MS is capable of that and a lot better than some of his recent stuff

2 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Spot on!

Well done. You make your fourth post on here to agree with someone who calls his fellow supporters Clowns just because they have a different view to him.

Welcome to Kickback.

Son Of Anarchy
10 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

In your opinion perhaps. Certainly not mine. Love the idea of MS the footballing visionary though :lol:

39 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Do you seriously disagree with his match assessments? I think for t he most part they are very accurate.

So you're admitting that some of it is not? The agenda driven part maybe? 

37 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Indeed , to try and suggest MS's comments are not affected by his personal agenda against CL is obvious nonsense . I also like MS as a pundit . He is bright , cutting and , rightly , opinionated . CL and Hearts have deserved criticism but it should be constructive and reasonably fair . MS is capable of that and a lot better than some of his recent stuff

Excellent post John. 

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

So you're admitting that some of it is not? The agenda driven part maybe? 

I am saying that personally I agree with most of his assessments on how we have played. That means that I have not agreed 100% with everything he has said.

People believe what they want to be believe just as you think he has an agenda against Levein, I think he doesn't. It's all about opinions. Levein wanted Cathro and look how that truned out. Lots of people on here thought it was a bad move but does that mean they have an agenda against Levein?

When  you read newspaper reports about games you might not agree with what they write but does it mean they have an agenda? Not so sure on that.

12 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I am saying that personally I agree with most of his assessments on how we have played. That means that I have not agreed 100% with everything he has said.

People believe what they want to be believe just as you think he has an agenda against Levein, I think he doesn't. It's all about opinions. Levein wanted Cathro and look how that truned out. Lots of people on here thought it was a bad move but does that mean they have an agenda against Levein?

When  you read newspaper reports about games you might not agree with what they write but does it mean they have an agenda? Not so sure on that.

Thats because people who look at the bigger picture can see theres been extremes in his punditry there wasn’t previously. Concious or subconciously he has been letting personal feelings mask his punditry. As i said earlier which you ignored. He has been different the last couple of weeks and people like GM have had negative opinions on things but highlighted good and reasoned both good and bad opinions. He hasn’t and sooner he gets back to that sooner he will go back to a place of a highly thought of pundit

Archived