Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

31 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

I have a season pass for the rugby and Hearts. It was a bit stupid to have both games start within 30mins of each other IMO. In the end, I chose to join 66999 other folk watch a team that play in an attack minded way and give plenty entertainment. Its not a crime to like more than 1 sport though Gambo ?! Offered our season tickets to 3 fellow jambos and not one took me up on the 2 free tickets. 1 of them former season ticket holder for 20years!

I never said it was a crime, what is a crime is the way we are playing making it easier for fans to choose to do other things.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crowds will continue to drop if results persist, might find a drop in Season Ticket renewals next year I think.

Not many folk up on their history if they think over 15k Hearts fans is a shite attendance when we’re not playing particularly well. 

you obviously have been to all the old games then lodge,please tell me then. in what season ,have  the team shown less commitment and disreguard for the badge , I await your answer

1 minute ago, Zico said:

Not many folk up on their history if they think over 15k Hearts fans is a shite attendance when we’re not playing particularly well. 

Yes, at a time when 15,000 plus crowds are going to football in Edinburgh, its a pity the on field offerings are not better.

Truth is if anyone stayed away today cos of the way we've been playing they probably missed our best performance since Aberdeen, which was also a 0-0 weirdy enough. The rugby certainly had an effect, on me anyway. I had to walk home cos there was nae buses. Egg chasing ****s

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

With roughly 14,000 season ticket holders and around 500 Ross County fans, added to whatever is in hospitality means we had way less than 1000 walk up fans. Worrying. 

Also worrying is though officially 15,601 is the attendance there was no more than 13,000 there today. Plenty of season ticket holders staying away. 

Closing the ticket office at 1pm is not helping to encourage walk up fans who are needed to fill some of the new additional seats - the rugby did not help either

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Truth is if anyone stayed away today cos of the way we've been playing they probably missed our best performance since Aberdeen, which was also a 0-0 weirdy enough. The rugby certainly had an effect, on me anyway. I had to walk home cos there was nae buses. Egg chasing ****s

Agreed.  We walked all the feckin way to Waverley because there were queues of folk waiting to get into Haymarket.

Back on the topic, you really get the impression that some folk - Hearts fans, allegedly - are nursing wee semis at how bad they perceive things to be.  It's pitiful.  Some of them were probably moaning that we weren't building a bigger stand.   It can only be a matter of time before the plane is back.

jamhammer,i worry,seriously worry about our club and support if that is what is capable of being churned out, you should hang your head in shame ,coming out with that load of shite

Anyone trying to blame the weather/rugby/Xmas shopping etc for the drop in attendances is deluded. 

I was a season ticket holder for the past 12 seasons before this one but haven't enjoyed it for 3 out of the last 4 seasons (the championship being the one good one). I was at a few games earlier this season but the gers game did it for me and I'm not blindly going to go along to watch dire and unentertaining football every weekend. I've got better things to waste my money and time on! I know a lot of other fans who feel the same as me. 

I've not given up but just feel a bit disillusioned at the moment.

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

With roughly 14,000 season ticket holders and around 500 Ross County fans, added to whatever is in hospitality means we had way less than 1000 walk up fans. Worrying. 

Also worrying is though officially 15,601 is the attendance there was no more than 13,000 there today. Plenty of season ticket holders staying away. 

Look things are not great but no need to exaggrate. Hearts clearly count the actual attendance at the game.

We could just say 17000 like the Leith mob if it would make you any happier.

2 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

jamhammer,i worry,seriously worry about our club and support if that is what is capable of being churned out, you should hang your head in shame ,coming out with that load of shite

I apologise.  I'll go and hang my head in shame Kev. To be fair I am full of the cold and might be delirious. Wouldn't want you worrying about "our" club. Would you like to tell me when we've played better than we did today this season? Just so I can  learn.

3 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Anyone trying to blame the weather/rugby/Xmas shopping etc for the drop in attendances is deluded. 

I was a season ticket holder for the past 12 seasons before this one but haven't enjoyed it for 3 out of the last 4 seasons (the championship being the one good one). I was at a few games earlier this season but the gers game did it for me and I'm not blindly going to go along to watch dire and unentertaining football every weekend. I've got better things to waste my money and time on! I know a lot of other fans who feel the same as me. 

I’m not far from giving up. Didn’t go today. I reckon this will be my most expensive season ticket yet on game ratio. Like you , I won’t follow blindly when I have better things to do. 

22 minutes ago, Zico said:

True, but it’s all relative.

that's what is so so wrong with the mentality of you all,a good performance ,and I repeat good, not great, is your benchmark for a season ,where we are struggling badly, but bury your heads in the sand.and yes jamhammer .I do worry about my club, hope you recover from your  cold and delusion soon

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

I have a season pass for the rugby and Hearts. It was a bit stupid to have both games start within 30mins of each other IMO. In the end, I chose to join 66999 other folk watch a team that play in an attack minded way and give plenty entertainment. Its not a crime to like more than 1 sport though Gambo ?! Offered our season tickets to 3 fellow jambos and not one took me up on the 2 free tickets. 1 of them former season ticket holder for 20years!

Dont blame you although I bet it would have been a harder choice had we been playing either the old firm or hibs or Aberdeen today?

8 minutes ago, Markymark said:

I’m not far from giving up. Didn’t go today. I reckon this will be my most expensive season ticket yet on game ratio. Like you , I won’t follow blindly when I have better things to do. 

I was the same last season. Think I missed 7 games!

I ouldnt honestly care how many fans were in attendance,i want to see a team of hearts players showing pride and passion for the badge,levein and locke should know what I mean

Elias Henry Furst
34 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

This. 

Bet we sell out v Celtic

£50 charity bet to big Hearts says we don’t.

4 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

£50 charity bet to big Hearts says we don’t.

Even if we give Celtic the entire Roseburn ?

Walter Bishop
22 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Look things are not great but no need to exaggrate. Hearts clearly count the actual attendance at the game.

We could just say 17000 like the Leith mob if it would make you any happier.

They dont, they count all season ticket holders regardless of attendance or not.

47 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

the sooner  most of you wake up and smell the coffee the better ,followed hearts all my days since 8 , now 57, this team and management ,for commitment ,and playing for the jersey ,are in my opinion,the worst to date

I'm sorry, but this isn't even the worst team in the last 12 months.

Although the result was dissapointing, there was desire and effort all over the park today. I thought we merited a win and on another day, we could have won by 2 or 3 goals.

See the folk threatening not to go. When Hearts do turn it around will you just show up again like nothing happened? That’s some brass neck. 

Will you still call the folk who continued to back the team and helped them through their sticky patch while you went shopping and played golf “happy clappers”?

Who do you think are the real fans in that scenario?

3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

12 months of dire football is now taking its toll. I can only see Tynecastle getting emptied as the season progresses.

37E82C10-11DE-4862-9DE7-813323AAE40F.jpeg

68202D07-0F55-423D-9D32-688FB673C786.jpeg

9B641107-3A43-4302-A51F-22A5F5E94193.jpeg

Are you suggesting this is something we should be doing?

9 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

See the folk threatening not to go. When Hearts do turn it around will you just show up again like nothing happened? That’s some brass neck. 

Will you still call the folk who continued to back the team and helped them through their sticky patch while you went shopping and played golf “happy clappers”?

Re your second paragraph, don't you realise that those of us who go home and away are slowly killing this club?  By attending we are saying we accept mediocrity.  The true supporters are the ones who say 'No more' and punctuate their displeasure with their non-attendance.  Those are the lifeblood of Hearts.

26 minutes ago, Crete said:

sometimes I worry if this may have an effect on the foh direct debits if the performances continue

I think FOH contributions will be ok. Season ticket renewals on the other hand.

3 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

I think FOH contributions will be ok. Season ticket renewals on the other hand.

We heard this last season too.

1 minute ago, socrates82 said:

We heard this last season too.

If you're pish and incompetent season after season fans will lose interest

19 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Who do you think are the real fans in that scenario?

Not about ‘real fans’ it’s about the here and now. I’m sick and tired of seeing money wasted on poor signings and the man responsible for it given a further 3 year extension to his contract. Isma scores last week and a stood up slowly and applauded. Didn’t get hugely excited like I used to. Partick equalised I didn’t feel much either - dangerous feeling. Apathy. Don’t underestimate it. I’m not alone in feeling it. Used to be a dozen of us attend games - down to 5 now and everyone of us feels like this. 

Bazzas right boot

I had a choice to our game or the rugby.

Clearly there would be more than just me with that cunandrum, I chose wrong!

But it would have affected the attendance as would our poor form.

It's not really a debate, surely that is a fact.

No one is saying we are in great form and that poor form is a big factor, but folk would have chosen the rugby over the football, I chose the football over the rugby but given there is 4/5 home games a year, some would have chosen the rugby.

It's not worth any type of argument.

Still not a bad crowd, a bigger crowd wouldn't have meant we would have won either.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Not about ‘real fans’ it’s about the here and now. I’m sick and tired of seeing money wasted on poor signings and the man responsible for it given a further 3 year extension to his contract. Isma scores last week and a stood up slowly and applauded. Didn’t get hugely excited like I used to. Partick equalised I didn’t feel much either - dangerous feeling. Apathy. Don’t underestimate it. I’m not alone in feeling it. Used to be a dozen of us attend games - down to 5 now and everyone of us feels like this. 

So you have friends that only support us on the condition that we play well enough.

Fair enough, every club works this way.

7 minutes ago, Denis Atomic said:

Anyone that chooses to watch a rugby friendly over a competitive Hearts match is not a true supporter in my eyes. 

This!! Watching a rotten  Hearts team is better than watching the egg chasing any day of the week! 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

This!! Watching a rotten  Hearts team is better than watching the egg chasing any day of the week! 

I'm a football man ( never played rugby) but the rugby has been fantastic, been the last two weeks, never went today but will go to the France/ Engerlund games.

Shouldn't knock it. Never thought I'd like it, but since giving up Hampden for Murrayfield I am unlikely to go back.

54 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

2 ST who sit beside me where at rugby. My Daughter didn't go as she was going to the Xmas market with her football club friends. 2 boys at work on their Xmas night out tonight thus missed the match. That's 5 I know straight off the bat. Performances don't help but this time of the year people have more choices they can make and no doubt the rugby played a factor in the crowd today.

It happens. 

Not being deluded just being factual.

Elias Henry Furst
12 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

So you have friends that only support us on the condition that we play well enough.

Doing your bit away from Tynecastle this season are we?

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Doing your bit away from Tynecastle this season are we?

Nah, I have a family and kids who I also split my time with.

Hope that's ok chief?

Elias Henry Furst
3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Nah, I have a family and kids who I also split my time with.

Hope that's ok chief?

So you support us on the condition we play well enough?

Fair dues.

4 hours ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I think the rugby has something to do with today's attendance 

It did make it difficult for people travelling from out of town.  Mates could not get on trains in lithgae and some fife trains did not stop at dalmeny. Both made the game but this and lack of patking puts folk off.

20 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Not at all. I’m talking on mates that went together. My daughter jacked it last season as was bored. Had went for 5 years prior to that. My nephew didn’t go today and he’s bored watching. The new fans that are the life blood of the club don’t have the same tolerance levels as those that have attended for 25 + years. 

My tolerance is also going, not because of a few bad results but because we have spunked money on shite for so long with no real sign of improvement. Appreciate that some people rely on Hearts as a release from family. Me, I’d rather spend it with my family that feel like I’m wasting my time watching a bunch of individuals with limited skill and even less desire. 

30 minutes ago, glynnlondon said:

If you're pish and incompetent season after season fans will lose interest

Season after season? It's been 8 months man!

We have a hard-core of approx 10,000.  

Has been round about that since I've been attending for about 20 odd years.  It's not changed.

Archived