Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

All roads lead to Gorgie
18 minutes ago, The Comedian said:

Great post, agree with every word.

Seconded. The end destination we all crave is a team to be proud of again, a team that puts in a challenge at the top, gives us some great days out at Hampden and makes the next game something to get excited about. Constant change is not going to help us reach that point and it does look like a Levein pet project that has no real destination in mind. 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'll take 23 shots at goal every week. 

Hardly eye bleeding or shite but very frustrating. Same team that were only just beaten by Celtic the other week. 

Another day you take at least 3 of those. 

All Out Attack
2 hours ago, martoon said:

I don't think the 2017 Jambo is that shallow to allow a poor run of results and performances keep them away. If so, the ST sales and Murrayfield att's wouldn't have held up as well as they did.

Much more likely reason, imo, is the unwavering, uncompromising direction the club is heading with CL in control. Transitional periods are part and parcel of football but what are we transitioning to? More dire football, sterile tactics and questionable recruitment is my fear. I just don't believe we'll progress whilst Levein and his bootroom fantasies are being indulged. Who's next in line for head coach? Daly, MacPhee...oh joy.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but it's not just the here and now that's depressing it's the absence of light at the end of the tunnel.

I'm still going, incidentally, but I don't blame those who don't fancy it. We were marginally better yesterday but still not good enough and, yet again, didn't win.

I suspect you are showing your age with this post. 

Historically Hearts fans are just as fickle as any other. Recent years have been noticeably different but there are reasons for that. We all had to pull together to save the club and then we had promotion to continue the momentum. Following that, we had this mythical 5 year plan that many bought into and of course the new stand has helped focus fans attention. FOH has been an enormous force for good and gelled the support together.  

The worry we have now,  is that these key recent events are now passed. As such the only thing keeping supporters bums on seats, is the team on the park. 

Levein when he was hungry for it,  was previously a good manager. And I don't think anyone would dispute that. He is older of course, but in my opinion, the hunger just doesn't seem to be there any more. He has been too focused on this trainee manager project for several years now and this has been at the expense of our playing staff. The club really needed to cut and run after the Cathro debacle, and continuing Levein was always going to come with consequences. It has split the support which is always dangerous, so we'll just have to let it play out to see what happens. With two derbies and Aberdeen around the window, we will know soon if Levein is the answer and whether fans will stuck by us. 

1 hour ago, jake said:

Take it you were not at the game?

There were signs of improvement and passages of good play.

And no the ball didn't fall for us.

Serious serious problems?

Things are not happening but serious serious we have dealt with.

I'm not saying don't question but there is a serious serious drama queen element on this forum.

I agree Jake despite my posting yesterday was shite. Definite improvement yesterday. 

We need to be careful we're not dragged into a relegation battle though. 

Just now, Des Lynam said:

I agree Jake despite my posting yesterday was shite. Definite improvement yesterday. 

We need to be careful we're not dragged into a relegation battle though. 

I think this is key. Levein needs to build the confidence, and performances, of the team incrementally. I’m not convinced the team has the mental strength for a relegation battle, but all teams in that space likely think that. 

We failed to beat killie, partick and Ross county at home. That puts us in serious trouble. We are a bottom 6 side this year with a man in charge that doesn’t want to be there and a squad that needs yet another clear out. 

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, All Out Attack said:

I suspect you are showing your age with this post. 

Historically Hearts fans are just as fickle as any other. Recent years have been noticeably different but there are reasons for that. We all had to pull together to save the club and then we had promotion to continue the momentum. Following that, we had this mythical 5 year plan that many bought into and of course the new stand has helped focus fans attention. FOH has been an enormous force for good and gelled the support together.  

The worry we have now,  is that these key recent events are now passed. As such the only thing keeping supporters bums on seats, is the team on the park. 

Levein when he was hungry for it,  was previously a good manager. And I don't think anyone would dispute that. He is older of course, but in my opinion, the hunger just doesn't seem to be there any more. He has been too focused on this trainee manager project for several years now and this has been at the expense of our playing staff. The club really needed to cut and run after the Cathro debacle, and continuing Levein was always going to come with consequences. It has split the support which is always dangerous, so we'll just have to let it play out to see what happens. With two derbies and Aberdeen around the window, we will know soon if Levein is the answer and whether fans will stuck by us. 

Good post

1 minute ago, Mort said:

We failed to beat killie, partick and Ross county at home. That puts us in serious trouble. We are a bottom 6 side this year with a man in charge that doesn’t want to be there and a squad that needs yet another clear out. 

How do you know this?

Nelly Terraces

People don't go to watch new stands & do food collections. They go to watch decent, winning, football.

You could replicate the Tynecastle of 30 years ago with crumbling terraces & pish toilets - it wouldn't matter, if the team was playing well & up the top of the league the gaff would be packed. 

1 minute ago, VladMagic said:

Its the latest myth that has now been peddled enough times people actually believe it.

Pathetic.

Yep.

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Back to the days of creaming the fans for as much money as possible whilst spending the minium outlay in return?

Err. Did I imagine that new stand or was it t free?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Given that quite a few people enjoy more than 1 sport. Good chance very good chance some people probably not thousands were at Murrayfield instead of Tynecastle. 

In fact some people having experienced the football at Murrayfield may have decided to take in the rugby there too. 

But if some people have had enough or want to go so what. Its a free choice 

Nelly Terraces

Know quite a few guys who gave yesterday a miss & there were a load of folk legging it at half time as well.

Folk are fed up with watching shite.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Mort said:

1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

How do you know this?

35 minutes ago, smiler said:

He doesn't, he just wants it to be true.

It is difficult to tell from Mort's post if he means Craig Levein doesn't want to be at the club at all, or just doesn't want to be in the position of manager. I don't know the answer to the first point. In terms of the second point, being manager, I have attended two meetings at which he had said this, but accept both of those meetings were a few months back. When did it rear its head again, while we were awaiting him appointing an experienced head coach to take control of football aspects. He met with the board, and announced that the name he had come up with was Jon Daly, which raised a lot of concern. He  then met with the board again, and was asked if he would take the job himself and said no. He then met with the board yet again and was asked the same question, and another name was mentioned in the conversation. He took the job at that point. The source of that information will never be released on this board but I'd love to know what made him change his mind.

45 minutes ago, smiler said:

He doesn't, he just wants it to be true.

If he wanted it, why did we go through the interview sham?

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Because he refused it from the outset. 

Levein was offered the job the day after the dunfermline game, he refused. He wanted one of his pupils.

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

A good Manager can build a decent team on a shoestring.

I don’t want a decent team, I want a competitive free flowing football team capable of challenging Celtic and at least pushing them until March. Is it too far to suggest that Seville in La Liga winning the Europa league is too much to expect from Hearts in the future? Hardly a team built on a shoestring but not dissimilar to Hearts in their league, I agree a good manager is a necessity, but he needs quality players in key positions. You don’t get those on s shoestring 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Standing as a Levein fan i would freely admit he is no longer in the job he desired. 

There was a right good effort yesterday despite the god awful lack of quality in the final third 

7 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Levein was offered the job the day after the dunfermline game, he refused. He wanted one of his pupils.

Exactly, he never wanted it, he wanted Daly to get it, then he was forced to take it. How anyone can believe the story AB peddled i.e. “we suddenly realised the best man was already here” is beyond me, but many do! 

4 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Exactly, he never wanted it, he wanted Daly to get it, then he was forced to take it. How anyone can believe the story AB peddled i.e. “we suddenly realised the best man was already here” is beyond me, but many do! 

That statement by AB was incredible in the sense that nobody could possibly be taken in by it. Something stinks about that whole recruitment process. I believe  that the IFA stepped in to put the blocks on MON being appointed and that, possibly, forced us in to the position of appointing Levein until the end of the season. Within hours that had become a 3 year deal. A bizarre process given that quite clearly,despite ABs statement, Levein was not and is not  the best person for the job. 

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

It is difficult to tell from Mort's post if he means Craig Levein doesn't want to be at the club at all, or just doesn't want to be in the position of manager. I don't know the answer to the first point. In terms of the second point, being manager, I have attended two meetings at which he had said this, but accept both of those meetings were a few months back. When did it rear its head again, while we were awaiting him appointing an experienced head coach to take control of football aspects. He met with the board, and announced that the name he had come up with was Jon Daly, which raised a lot of concern. He  then met with the board again, and was asked if he would take the job himself and said no. He then met with the board yet again and was asked the same question, and another name was mentioned in the conversation. He took the job at that point. The source of that information will never be released on this board but I'd love to know what made him change his mind.

If what you are saying is true, could it be that the other name mentioned in the third meeting changed his mind? 

portobellojambo1
1 minute ago, amadjambo said:

If what you are saying is true, could it be that the other name mentioned in the third meeting changed his mind? 

It isn't difficult to come to that conclusion.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Looking forward to all the uber fan posts. 

If people have tickets and choose not to go it's their choice. 

If people decide it's not worth their time or money to go see what's being offered it's their choice. 

Hearts are not the be-all and end-all of life. 

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

You know this for fact how? Or are  you just slavering shite again?

1 hour ago, Jamos said:

I don’t want a decent team, I want a competitive free flowing football team capable of challenging Celtic and at least pushing them until March. Is it too far to suggest that Seville in La Liga winning the Europa league is too much to expect from Hearts in the future? Hardly a team built on a shoestring but not dissimilar to Hearts in their league, I agree a good manager is a necessity, but he needs quality players in key positions. You don’t get those on s shoestring 

A  team capable of getting to Cup finals will do me in the meantime, Jamos.

Big transfer fees are a bit old hat these days although you do have to consider wages as well, as you know.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

So back to 17,000+ next week?

If folk stoap greetin and get behind the team, aye.

17k v Hamilton would be fantastic, anything over 15k is very good, I'll split the difference and say 16k give or take a few hundred.

Walter Bishop
22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You know this for fact how? Or are  you just slavering shite again?

Slavering shite? Because i dont have the same opinions as yourself?

Is it fact? who knows. Was i told by someone very likely to know if it is true? Yes.

2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Christ knows Bob, I could see CL taking the job on an interim basis, even if he didn't want it, to help out the club, but I can't see CL signing a 3 year deal if he didn't want it.

Just now, smiler said:

Christ knows Bob, I could see CL taking the job on an interim basis, even if he didn't want it, to help out the club, but I can't see CL signing a 3 year deal if he didn't want it.

Is there really a 3 year deal though?

Geoff the Mince
2 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Budge offered the job to Pressley , Pressley had a disagreement with Levein which couldn't be rectified 

and Pressley walked away .

10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is there really a 3 year deal though?

I don't think it is Dave. Announcing it as an interim post would just create speculation about who was coming in next and when. That is why it was suddenly sold to us as a 3 year deal. CL looks out of his depth down on the touchline and he seems to rely very heavily on Austin MacPhee. I think the club will be working away in the background as regards a longer term appointment. 

5 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

I don't think it is Dave. Announcing it as an interim post would just create speculation about who was coming in next and when. That is why it was suddenly sold to us as a 3 year deal. CL looks out of his depth down on the touchline and he seems to rely very heavily on Austin MacPhee. I think the club will be working away in the background as regards a longer term appointment. 

Well that's fine then, CL has taken the job temporarily until the club appoints a new man,  sounds good to me.

3 minutes ago, smiler said:

Well that's fine then, CL has taken the job temporarily until the club appoints a new man,  sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me too if that indeed is what transpires

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sounds good to me too if that indeed is what transpires

I hope so, there's no danger Levein will carry this on indefinitely if his hearts not in it.

17 minutes ago, smiler said:

Well, isnt that what our owner stated?

She did at the initial press conference but Craig apparently seemed a bit surprised by that. He is a director on the board so I think it would be unusual to give him a fixed term cintract as an emplyee as well. Could be totally wrong though. 

1 minute ago, smiler said:

I hope so, there's no danger Levein will carry this on indefinitely if his hearts not in it.

No pun intended Smiler

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

She did at the initial oress cinference but Craig apparently seemed a bit surprised by that. He is a director in the board so I think it would be unusual to give him a fixed term cintract as an emplyee as well. Could be totally wrong though. 

Aye I thought that as well Dave, it must have been an 'agreement' to step in at that time, but as I've said, I really can't see him taking this on for the next 2+ seasons if he wasn't up for it.

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No pun intended Smiler

It was actually, but I was waiting to see if Tosh would be clever enough to get it first.

19 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

We can only hope.

3 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Budge offered the job to Pressley , Pressley had a disagreement with Levein which couldn't be rectified 

and Pressley walked away .

I’m glad then. After several weeks of looking for a manager, and some high calibre names mentioned, the board end up picking Pressley! There are no words.

On 25/11/2017 at 21:02, Denis Atomic said:

Anyone that chooses to watch a rugby friendly over a competitive Hearts match is not a true supporter in my eyes. 

The rugby autumn tests are the last big internationals before 6 nations Denis. The rugby slightly different to footy internationals in sense the home nations tend to play the teams in the world top 10. Watch the Scotland game on catch up and you'll find it was anything but 'friendly' when you see the Aussie red card 10min before halftime ??

7 hours ago, VladMagic said:

How do you know this?

It's a myth that is accepted as fact now. Haven't you heard? He took the job because Mrs Budge said if he didn't the whole "5 year plan" was out of the window. Apparently.

Freezing weather, Christmas coming up, very big rugby match, unattractive opposition, potential (and actual) travel problems, current poor form.

It's not surprising that this was a game for REAL SUPPORTERS.

29 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

The rugby autumn tests are the last big internationals before 6 nations Denis. The rugby slightly different to footy internationals in sense the home nations tend to play the teams in the world top 10. Watch the Scotland game on catch up and you'll find it was anything but 'friendly' when you see the Aussie red card 10min before halftime ??

Of course they play countries in the World Top 10... They are barely 10 countries in the World that play the game meaningfully!!

Archived