Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I said yesterday 12k tops. with hindsight a bit too low.

To me there were about 1500 in the Roseburn (2k  empty).

I sit in lower C, got to my seat, there were stacks of empty all around. So, i decided to move up to a higher position.

I was quite surprised at how many empty seats were available to me in Upper C. I plumped for Row 23 which had a good 10-12 seats in a row all empty.

Immediately in row in front of me there was six or so empty, similar behind me. These are all fully allocated ST seats. 

Going by what I seen in C and to my right in B, it would be fair to say 75% full at the most, but probably less. I would imagine A & G to have a lot of empty.

7k, 6k & 3.5k = 16.5k x 75% = approx 12k + 1.5k in Roseburn, I think that is closer to the real figure.

There is agenda from me, I am hearts through and through, so, ram all your sniff sniff shite up your arses and only stop being so bloody precious.

Fair enough Tommy.

But we have people calling Budge a liar people slagging off the new stand I won't go on.

There is definitely an element on here that have nothing but petty pish to post.

You now revise your estimated crowd because you were pulled up .

Don't you be so precious

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jake said:

Fair enough Tommy.

But we have people calling Budge a liar people slagging off the new stand I won't go on.

There is definitely an element on here that have nothing but petty pish to post.

You now revise your estimated crowd because you were pulled up .

Don't you be so precious

:wink:

edit:

still saying a good 2k less than the official  attendance.

I would argue for more if we were sitting drinking in the pub.

12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

:wink:

edit:

still saying a good 2k less than the official  attendance.

I would argue for more if we were sitting drinking in the pub.

7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

People dismissing critics of the club as Hibbees are the worst type of fanboys

You argued far less Tommy than what was at the game.

You got called out and revised it.

Drinking in the pub you would have done the same.

I criticised the performances we had against st j killie and rangers.

Basics like off the ball movement.

I ain't no fanboy dusk.

But some of the criticism is beyond belief.

Especially concerning the new stand and budge.

And there are definitely posters on here who are not hearts.

9 minutes ago, jake said:

You argued far less Tommy than what was at the game.

You got called out and revised it.

Drinking in the pub you would have done the same.

I criticised the performances we had against st j killie and rangers.

Basics like off the ball movement.

I ain't no fanboy dusk.

But some of the criticism is beyond belief.

Especially concerning the new stand and budge.

And there are definitely posters on here who are not hearts.

A lot of us are brassed off with the last couple of seasons, Jake.

Some mouth off at games, others mouth off on here or wherever.

But facts are, that was a drop in attendance. It is a sign of disgruntled fans.

The vast majority missing were ST holders. Please don't hide behind a distorted "official" attendance and pretend all is rosy.

Saturday's effort was a step back in the right direction though. but we need a sustained run of good form and results.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The vast majority missing were ST holders. Please don't hide behind a distorted "official" attendance and pretend all is rosy.

Saturday's effort was a step back in the right direction though. but we need a sustained run of good form and results.

The thing is (in my view) we won’t get a sustained run of good form and results until we can Levein, break up his party and completely overhaul the way we operate. That piece in the EEN today saying ‘we can finish top four’ is pure fantasy. We are miles off.

21 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

The attendance was what was reported by the club, FACT. No amount of pish from you will change that FACT

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The attendance was what was reported by the club, FACT. No amount of pish from you will change that FACT

Official attendances always include season ticket holders whether they’re present or not.

Walter Bishop
11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Official attendances always include season ticket holders whether they’re present or not.

Yeah, this is correct though I’ve been shot down as a hibee, hobbit and a hobo for saying so. 

Legally ALL clubs have to announce the attendance as ALL tickets sold.

This is for safety reasons mainly, police and rescue services base their evacuation strategies etc and all season ticket holders being present.

23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Your well in with the minority who believes so, mr happy clapper.

:rofl:

13 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yeah, this is correct though I’ve been shot down as a hibee, hobbit and a hobo for saying so. 

Legally ALL clubs have to announce the attendance as ALL tickets sold.

This is for safety reasons mainly, police and rescue services base their evacuation strategies etc and all season ticket holders being present.

Why would they do that rather than the number actually present?

Seriously? What if for whatever reason our support decided to boycott a game and there was only 800 away fans there, would they base their evacuation strategy on a crowd of 15000?

49 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Look Tommy.

I have been critical.

Really was pissed off after killie game.

Just feeling defensive I suppose so I apologise .

I'm no happy clapper but just feel the club as a whole is getting it tight from all corners.

Gets the auld hackles up .

Getting older and the blood pressure does not help buddy.

Walter Bishop
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Why would they do that rather than the number actually present?

Seriously? What if for whatever reason our support decided to boycott a game and there was only 800 away fans there, would they base their evacuation strategy on a crowd of 15000?

Yes, they have to. If the club has 14,000 season ticket holders they have to prepare for that scenario at very least. They can’t wait until 3:01pm to see who fancied turning up that day and then prepare things at last minute. Risk assessments, evacution strategies are all done well in advance. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yes, they have to. If the club has 14,000 season ticket holders they have to prepare for that scenario at very least. They can’t wait until 3:01pm to see who fancied turning up that day and then prepare things at last minute. Risk assessments, evacution strategies are all done well in advance. 

Well when you put it like that  :whistling: 

Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, jake said:

Look Tommy.

I have been critical.

Really was pissed off after killie game.

Just feeling defensive I suppose so I apologise .

I'm no happy clapper but just feel the club as a whole is getting it tight from all corners.

Gets the auld hackles up .

Getting older and the blood pressure does not help buddy.

This is exactly where we are as a fan base. 

We have guys like yourself feeling defensive, and guys like me feeling offensive, one thing is we are a bit fed up. Don’t think there is anything wrong with either reaction, at very least I think it shows we have a support that cares for the club. 

This is should be a great time for the club with the new stand in place etc we really really need something to happen very soon so we can ALL get behind the club. 

8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Twisting things. I never wanted any sanction against Hearts at all! What I pointed out was that the stand delays couldn't go on and on without some sort of sanction, in my opinion.

Your preferred scenario  was never going to happen as Hearts were in consultation with the SPFL all along.

What you actually said.

New Stand: Stand open for matches (updated)

Geoff Kilpatrick replied to Clerry Jambo's topic in The Terrace

Given the expectation being created, I am now of the opinion that if it fails Saturday lunchtime, the fixture should be cancelled and Partick given a 3-0 win. And before someone says that passing the inspection hasn't been guaranteed, the point is that by doing another 24 hours later AND stating the arrangements for the game, HMFC are creating the expectation of the game bei 

16 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Your well in with the minority who believes so, mr happy clapper.

:rofl:

You’re wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

This is exactly where we are as a fan base. 

We have guys like yourself feeling defensive, and guys like me feeling offensive, one thing is we are a bit fed up. Don’t think there is anything wrong with either reaction, at very least I think it shows we have a support that cares for the club. 

This is should be a great time for the club with the new stand in place etc we really really need something to happen very soon so we can ALL get behind the club. 

Fair enough.

And it's all good when identifying particular problems .

But come on the posts about lies from Budge.

The constant carping about construction issues around the new stand.

Greeting for greetings sake do you not think?

And the criticism of Budge is a disgrace.

I've had bones to pick but fek me .

You got to admit there's shit stirring going on healthy.

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’re wrong. 

You are right.

Was talking to my mate tonight who won't even read kickback anymore.

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Your preferred scenario  was never going to happen as Hearts were in consultation with the SPFL all along.

What you actually said.

Given the expectation being created, I am now of the opinion that if it fails Saturday lunchtime, the fixture should be cancelled and Partick given a 3-0 win. And before someone says that passing the inspection hasn't been guaranteed, the point is that by doing another 24 hours later AND stating the arrangements for the game, HMFC are creating the expectation of the game bei 

That imo should be posted every time he does.

What an absolute disgrace for any Hearts fan to come out with this.

Worse than cheering on hibs imo.

Denied it to.

Deary me .

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You’re wrong. 

I want to trust your knowledge Dave. but please don't just come on and say "your wrong"

tell us what you know.

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

I want to trust your knowledge Dave. but please don't just come on and say "your wrong"

tell us what you know.

My understanding is that in years gone by the club quoted tickets sold but since admin have quoted the actual attendance. This was stated by someone far more trustworthy and knowlegeable than me and I will see if I can find it. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

What you actually said.

Thanks for making my point.

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, jake said:

That imo should be posted every time he does.

What an absolute disgrace for any Hearts fan to come out with this.

Worse than cheering on hibs imo.

Denied it to.

Deary me .

I didn't deny anything. You should read it again.

If you think by reading that that I WANTED Hearts to be docked points, as luckydug alleged, then you have fundamental problems in comprehending English.

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

My understanding is that in years gone by the club quoted tickets sold but since admin have quoted the actual attendance. This was stated by someone far more trustworthy and knowlegeable than me and I will see if I can find it. 

A friend of mine is part of the security team at another SPL club and told me for reasons I mentioned above all clubs have to announce tickets sold regardless of actual attendees. 

You will know more than me what HMFC do though so fair enough. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Walter Bishop said:

A friend of mine is part of the security team at another SPL club and told me for reasons I mentioned above all clubs have to announce tickets sold regardless of actual attendees. 

Irrespective of what the count is, the empty seats speak volumes. Given that shifting seats wasn't an issue when Alloa or Cowdenbeath were on the fixture list, I think it is a warning to the board that fans are fed up watching turgid shite.

10 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If you think by reading that that I WANTED Hearts to be docked points, as luckydug alleged, then you have fundamental problems in comprehending English.

Please explain further?

Bridge of Djoum
12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Thanks for making my point.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Image result for digging a hole meme

15 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yeah well I've had dealings with you on this forum before.

As I recall you hadn't even read what you had posted.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, jake said:

Yeah well I've had dealings with you on this forum before.

As I recall you hadn't even read what you had posted.

Yeah well?

:laugh:

Try not to dive in with both feet next time.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yeah well?

:laugh:

Try not to dive in with both feet next time.

Geoff you bring the two footed tackle out of me ya big lump.

Haha.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

What time is it in OZ where you are Geoff?

Www.timeanddate.com

Hope this helps.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, VladMagic said:

11 hours time difference Melbourne to UK.

Just bare that in mind Geoff. Unless you are an insomniac?

:)

Weird post. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, jake said:

Another shit post.

?

Biting stuff Jake. Back to work for me now. Sleep well.

Cold day, poor opposition, rugby clash (not just for folk wanting to watch it but trains, roads and buses being busier) plus the fact that the run of home games might make it hard for some financially and logistically to attend them all, especially with xmas approaching. Not all families can do every Saturday at the football. I imagine a number of people will be picking and choosing home games

until it’s back to a more normal fixture list.

if the crowd was down there are a lot of potential reasons for that on top of a poor run of form.

56 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Perhaps, if I can find the relevant post that said it...  ?

Whether or not Hearts announce 'bums on seats' or tickets sold is totally missing the point.

I'm not really fussed whether the crowd was 15600, or 15400 - that's not whats important.

The point we should be focussing on is there there has been a notable, visible drop in numbers.

Folk ARE starting to reach breaking point and folk ARE finding other ways to spend their afternoons.

With such a long run of home games, its probably only going to get worse, especially for the walk-up punter who's having to find money to cover 3 home games in November and 5 in December. At gold ticket prices, that's going to be £220 for a walk up supporter to follow Hearts during November and December. That's not an insignificant amount..... for folk with kids, add on an additional £126 for an U18 and another £55 for U13's.

Walk supporting Dad with a kid in each bracket wanting to take his kids to all matches in November and December in gold seating needs to find £400 quid in order to do so....... in the month leading up to Christmas.

2 hours ago, Erik said:

Whether or not Hearts announce 'bums on seats' or tickets sold is totally missing the point.

I'm not really fussed whether the crowd was 15600, or 15400 - that's not whats important.

The point we should be focussing on is there there has been a notable, visible drop in numbers.

Folk ARE starting to reach breaking point and folk ARE finding other ways to spend their afternoons.

With such a long run of home games, its probably only going to get worse, especially for the walk-up punter who's having to find money to cover 3 home games in November and 5 in December. At gold ticket prices, that's going to be £220 for a walk up supporter to follow Hearts during November and December. That's not an insignificant amount..... for folk with kids, add on an additional £126 for an U18 and another £55 for U13's.

Walk supporting Dad with a kid in each bracket wanting to take his kids to all matches in November and December in gold seating needs to find £400 quid in order to do so....... in the month leading up to Christmas.

Without checking I'm going to guess that around 15.5k is standard for a Ross county game. Add in the other distractions like the rugby, transport and weather then its not a bad crowd at all.

All roads lead to Gorgie
35 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Without checking I'm going to guess that around 15.5k is standard for a Ross county game. Add in the other distractions like the rugby, transport and weather then its not a bad crowd at all.

Ross County and Hamilton games are the lowest attended in my recollection. Low travelling support and lack of appeal to walk-ups plus ST holders thinking if we are going to skip any games in a season it is likely to be these fixtures. Not that surprised that these two games will go down as the smallest crowds in a while.

Marooned Abroad

ive posted this on the subject of players wages, but see my comment at the end. For anyone who really supports the Hearts, voting with your feet at the moment is not the answer.  (If you haven't seen the article, it shows that we are the fourth highest payers in Scotland at just over £1800 a week. Celtic pay more than six times that, Rangers three times, and Aberdeen a third more). 

" ....and by comparison, the actual report shows that in the EPL, the AVERAGE weekly wage is over £50k, while the two Manchester Clubs  pay an average of just over ££100k!

Says it all for me. Money talks and that's why Scottish football in general can't compete (yes I know there will be the very odd exception). As for Hearts, maybe some of our boo boys should realise that without going into huge debt and risking a return of administration or worse, the old adage from our song about sometimes being down etc, will continue to be the case. If you are a true Jambo you have to accept that.

Yes, we are in a down period at the moment, but we have to stick with it. By all means criticise, but vote with your feet.....NAH! If that's the way you feel away and support a glory boy team.

Rant over! HHGH'

12 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Of course that is the case but that has nothing to do with the attendance figure announced at the end of the game. There are always 2 figures, one tickets sold, and one actual buns on seats. Hearts announce bums on seats. I don't have a clue why any Hearts fan wants to call the club liars on this. On the attendance figure announced for Ross County, I thought there was at least 16,000 there but I accept the figure the club gave

Archived