Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

12 months of dire football is now taking its toll. I can only see Tynecastle getting emptied as the season progresses.

37E82C10-11DE-4862-9DE7-813323AAE40F.jpeg

68202D07-0F55-423D-9D32-688FB673C786.jpeg

9B641107-3A43-4302-A51F-22A5F5E94193.jpeg

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

Yep. Just over 15,500. I think Ann might have got a bit of a shock that shiny new facilities don't attract arseholes unless said arseholes have something decent to watch.

That said, we were better today than we have been in recent weeks although that is a pretty low baseline.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Yep. Just over 15,500. I think Ann might have got a bit of a shock that shiny new facilities don't attract arseholes unless said arseholes have something decent to watch.

You think Ann Budge thought we'd get big crowds if playing pish football simply because of having a new stand? Or are you just acting the goat as usual?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

You think Ann Budge thought we'd get big crowds if playing pish football simply because of having a new stand? Or are you just acting the goat as usual?

Those were her words, not mine.

The weather probably hasn’t helped today, and I dare say there’s probably a few bodies who’d have chosen to go watch the egg chasing - but the decline in numbers was always going to be inevitable given the football on show. 

The only real surprise is that it’s taken this long to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Worryingly, I think Ann did expect full houses, just to come look at the shiny new stand and enjoy a nice day out!!!

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Erik said:

The weather probably hasn’t helped today, and I dare say there’s probably a few bodies who’d have chosen to go watch the egg chasing - but the decline in numbers was always going to be inevitable given the football on show. 

The only real surprise is that it’s taken this long to happen. 

Sometimes the cheapest option when picking the most important person at the club ( manager) can prove more expensive in the long run! 

January will be huge for the club in deciding if we made the right appointment once again!

J.T.F.Robertson
8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Worryingly, I think Ann did expect full houses, just to come look at the shiny new stand and enjoy a nice day out!!!

I'm pretty certain she didn't.

Some people on here try to make it sound as if she lives in some sort of dreamworld. My "guess" is she's as aware as most of the rest of us, she sat among us for long enough.

fabienleclerq

Rugby on, shite weather etc will have an effect. How much I don't know but for myself I gave my St away as I wasn't taking a 3 year old in this weather.

The fans aren't prepared to continue to watch an insipid 'work in progress'. They took over in 2014 and have had since then to build a team. Instead they've continually shipped out decent players and refused to create any stability on the field. The outcome being the current pish we are being subjected to.

I can't blame anyone for preferring not to have their weekend ruined after paying circa £20 to watch dross play like dross.

Run of home games at an expensive time of year not going to help, but not excusing the way Hearts have been playing lately, as that's definitely having a factor too

The empty hospitality seats - are those lounges even ready for those seats yet? Why don't the club just release them? Wasn't many spare tickets left for the new stand, and those seats in prime location would've sold

1 minute ago, kila said:

Run of home games at an expensive time of year not going to help, but not excusing the way Hearts have been playing lately, as that's definitely having a factor too

The empty hospitality seats - are those lounges even ready for those seats yet? Why don't the club just release them? Wasn't many spare tickets left for the new stand, and those seats in prime location would've sold

I asked this the other day about the suites being ready and if not is it worth releasing tickets to schools etc to bring younger fans along that might not be able to go otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

The fans aren't prepared to continue to watch an insipid 'work in progress'. They took over in 2014 and have had since then to build a team. Instead they've continually shipped out decent players and refused to create any stability on the field. The outcome being the current pish we are being subjected to.

I can't blame anyone for preferring not to have their weekend ruined after paying circa £20 to watch dross play like dross.

:spoton:

Season after season we are a work in progress or awaiting the click. 

Bazzas right boot

Folk that don't want to go, don't go.

Start a strike/ demonstration or a march thread, then you can all go crazy on it.

Get a mega "we're no 'appy" thread, do something about it rather than cry on here over multiple threads.

45 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I think the rugby has something to do with today's attendance 

Sadly you're probably right.

Whos idea was it to have both on at the same time? Usually we get punted to Sunday or lunchtime games, move the egg chasing instead.

Heartsmad1874

So many empty seats in the premium spaces. Anyone know if its possible to upgrade your season ticket to over there? Bored of Section G now.

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I'm pretty certain she didn't.

Some people on here try to make it sound as if she lives in some sort of dreamworld. My "guess" is she's as aware as most of the rest of us, she sat among us for long enough.

She expressed  surprise at the idea we might not sell more sts because after all the facilities were improved. 

Just sitting among Hearts fans doesn"t confer wisdom

Elias Henry Furst

On course to average a lesser home crowd than the Vermin this season.

Things were apparently bad in the 70’s tho so this doesn’t matter.

If 'supporters' do not want to support the club through thick and thin they can stay away.  We are going through a spell of poor results and that is when the support is required. If people want to vote with their feet so be it as it leaves the real support behind to back the club.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

On course to average a lesser home crowd than the Vermin this season.

Things were apparently bad in the 70’s tho so this doesn’t matter.

Rubbish. Jobs are counting sales and including the unused freebies they hand out to schools 

56 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That said, we were better today than we have been in recent weeks although that is a pretty low baseline.

The sooner the club realise that the majority of fans are not happy the better..

It kind of summed up the boards attitude towards the fans when Ann thought that the fans would just turn up because of a new stand.

Francis Albert
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Rubbish. Jobs are counting sales and including the unused freebies they hand out to schools 

You mean they are cheeturz.

Sad we should be reduced to this

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Whatever.

Our crowds are dwindling and will continue to do so

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Whatever.

Our crowds are dwindling and will continue to do so

Only they are not.. our highest ST sales in recent times.. 17.000 against thistle last week (higher than last season) and there is surely no doubt at all that the rugby impacted the gate today. 

So your wrong end if story 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

If 'supporters' do not want to support the club through thick and thin they can stay away.  We are going through a spell of poor results and that is when the support is required. If people want to vote with their feet so be it as it leaves the real support behind to back the club.

Some people won't be happy until we just get the hard core of 7000 we had in the 70's. Actually encouraging fans to stay away unless they pass some loyalty test? Almost welcoming a period of shit results so we can weed out those who are not "real fans"? 

Bat shit crazy

Elias Henry Furst
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Only they are not.. our highest ST sales in recent times.. 17.000 against thistle last week (higher than last season) and there is surely no doubt at all that the rugby impacted the gate today. 

So your wrong end if story 

Rugby’s a convenient excuse.

15k for our first Saturday 3pm ko at Tynecastle this season is a poor showing.

Lol.

Only 15 500 against Ross county.

Yeez want tae huv a fekin word.

That s a decent turnout.

This forum is turbo charged with greetin faced moaning tits.

Thought there were good signs today.

Balls not falling for us at moment.

But in the spirit of being a moaning drama queen.

Mr Levein ye need to smarten up yer outfits.

Arnold Rothstein
11 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

What a pile of shite. 

Walter Bishop

With roughly 14,000 season ticket holders and around 500 Ross County fans, added to whatever is in hospitality means we had way less than 1000 walk up fans. Worrying. 

Also worrying is though officially 15,601 is the attendance there was no more than 13,000 there today. Plenty of season ticket holders staying away. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Rugby’s a convenient excuse.

15k for our first Saturday 3pm ko at Tynecastle this season is a poor showing.

Scotland games at murrayfield have always impacted our gates when kicking off at the same time.. I missed our 10-0  a few years ago along with abou 10 of my mates when Scotland lost to Italy.. 

What's convenient is using using any old stick to bash levein.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some people won't be happy until we just get the hard core of 7000 we had in the 70's. Actually encouraging fans to stay away unless they pass some loyalty test? Almost welcoming a period of shit results so we can weed out those who are not "real fans"? 

Bat shit crazy

Not at all.  However supporters should back the club through the good times and the bad. Sick of fans acting like entitled customers.  If they dont like it stay away. The boos at the end today was a disgrace.

Frank Sidebottom
1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

With roughly 14,000 season ticket holders and around 500 Ross County fans, added to whatever is in hospitality means we had way less than 1000 walk up fans. Worrying. 

Also worrying is though officially 15,601 is the attendance there was no more than 13,000 there today. Plenty of season ticket holders staying away. 

Start another negative thread please. 

OP doing his best tonight eh? Have a word. Not great the attendance, but results aren't great, it was baltic and there was a sell out rugby game over the road which a fair few Jambos probably went to watch.

All factors at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

OP doing his best tonight eh? Have a word. Not great the attendance, but results aren't great, it was baltic and there was a sell out rugby game over the road which a fair few Jambos probably went to watch.

All factors at the end of the day.

It tell you some Hearts fans wanted to watch the rugby instead of us.......that should be a worry for all.

Archived