Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

5 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

With roughly 14,000 season ticket holders and around 500 Ross County fans, added to whatever is in hospitality means we had way less than 1000 walk up fans. Worrying. 

Also worrying is though officially 15,601 is the attendance there was no more than 13,000 there today. Plenty of season ticket holders staying away. 

And exactly how many walk up fans were you expecting on a freezing November day against Ross County? 

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Walter Bishop
2 minutes ago, kila said:

You're at it saying there was only 13,000 there today :laugh: Hearts give the actual attendance unlike Hibs :whistling: 

:rofl: 

Elias Henry Furst
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Scotland games at murrayfield have always impacted our gates when kicking off at the same time.. I missed our 10-0  a few years ago along with abou 10 of my mates when Scotland lost to Italy.. 

What's convenient is using using any old stick to bash levein.

If we were playing attacking football, scoring goals and were sat at the right side of the league, Tynecastle would have been near full today.

Rugby or no Rugby.

No idea who your Levein comment is aimed at.

Walter Bishop
Just now, Hearts lad said:

And exactly how many walk up fans were you expecting on a freezing November day against Ross County? 

How many would you expect with a real manager in charge and a winning team on the park? 

One of the the most historic days in the clubs history last weekend and we were 2/3000 short of a full house. 

Dont give me the The “it’s too cold” nonsense. If we are winning and playing well the fans will turn out. 

J.T.F.Robertson
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

She expressed  surprise at the idea we might not sell more sts because after all the facilities were improved. 

Just sitting among Hearts fans doesn"t confer wisdom

Aligned with the hope the team itself would warrant it, not just blind naivete.

On the assumption her aspirations are the same, I would imagine she's well aware of their expectations, realistic or otherwise.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Not at all.  However supporters should back the club through the good times and the bad. Sick of fans acting like entitled customers.  If they dont like it stay away. The boos at the end today was a disgrace.

Everuone who booed backed the club by turning up 11 months into a year largely comprised of utter dross. Instead of calling them a disgrace maybe we should encourage them to keep coming back and maybe even find ways to stop them booing. "If they don't like it stay away" is not a winning formula.

4 minutes ago, usagi said:

We've morphed into the wee team, off the field as well as on it :44:

We'll never fall as low as that, Hibs are the joke of Scottish football and always will be.

hearts on the other hand drew a match today with a very stubborn and well organized Ross County.  On another day, we would have put 5 past them.  It was just one of those frustrating days.

70K at Murrayfield had more to do with the crowd than anything else.

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

How many would you expect with a real manager in charge and a winning team on the park? 

One of the the most historic days in the clubs history last weekend and we were 2/3000 short of a full house. 

Dont give me the The “it’s too cold” nonsense. If we are winning and playing well the fans will turn out. 

But we aren't winning and playing well so what the **** you slavouring about walk up fans for then? 

Walter Bishop
5 minutes ago, Locky said:

OP doing his best tonight eh? Have a word. Not great the attendance, but results aren't great, it was baltic and there was a sell out rugby game over the road which a fair few Jambos probably went to watch.

All factors at the end of the day.

“Not great the attendance, but the results aren’t great”

”Rugby game over the toad which a fair few jambos probably went to watch”

Yay, we have a winner! ??????

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Everuone who booed backed the club by turning up 11 months into a year largely comprised of utter dross. Instead of calling them a disgrace maybe we should encourage them to keep coming back and maybe even find ways to stop them booing. "If they don't like it stay away" is not a winning formula.

The players gave a good performance and just could not get the goal.  So yes the booing was a disgrace.

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Sorry but Rugby next door is no excuse,  the stuff we are producing is simply not attracting the extra supporters

Reckon it's a bit off both -- poor hearts and incredible Scotland rugby ...

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Aligned with the hope the team itself would warrant it, not just blind naivete.

On the assumption her aspirations are the same, I would imagine she's well aware of their expectations, realistic or otherwise.

She did not qualify her comment with any reference to the team warranting it.

You can of course imagine that she did.

Strange game to post that after. We dominated and could and should have had 3 or 4. Very frustrating not to get the win but a dominant performance with plenty to like.

we’ll win more than not if we keep playing like that.

There's very little incentive to go along to games just now.

- The football is turgid and talk of needing two transfer windows to sort it out, while probably accurate, is completely demoralising;

- It's £20+ to watch Hearts play Ross County unless you sit in the first few rows of the Gorgie or Roseburn - it's too expensive for what's on show;

- The atmosphere is flat at best and at times just not nice at all, it's either anger or apathy.

The club are lucky to have sold 14,000+ season tickets because there's going to be little in the way of walk-ups, particularly with so many consecutive games at home in the run-up to Christmas.

Some people need to pull there heads out there arse. Product on the pitch is garbage and fans are losing interest. Those are the facts I'm afraid. 

Mid Calder Jambo
2 minutes ago, Satchmo said:

Some people need to pull there heads out there arse. Product on the pitch is garbage and fans are losing interest. Those are the facts I'm afraid. 

What I saw on the park today made my eyes bleed. Stayed till the end but it was a close call.  Warm pub and decent pint nearly won.

31 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Whatever.

Our crowds are dwindling and will continue to do so

We’ve been utterly turgid to watch recently and still managed to pull in a 15,000+ crowd. 

You’ll forgive me for being less than worried now. 

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

If we were playing attacking football, scoring goals and were sat at the right side of the league, Tynecastle would have been near full today.

Rugby or no Rugby.

How long have you been supporting hearts..  Scotland rugby games have ALWAYS impacted our home games when on the same day.. it's no coincidence half of the premium season tickets were empty. 

1 hour ago, Dia Liom said:

You think Ann Budge thought we'd get big crowds if playing pish football simply because of having a new stand? Or are you just acting the goat as usual?

Stick the goat acting to me, anyway having a season ticket i will be there every week.

29 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some people won't be happy until we just get the hard core of 7000 we had in the 70's. Actually encouraging fans to stay away unless they pass some loyalty test? Almost welcoming a period of shit results so we can weed out those who are not "real fans"? 

Bat shit crazy

Well said .

if anything the bat shit crazy must be the ones that think everything is going well

All roads lead to Gorgie
41 minutes ago, jambomjm74 said:

Lots of guys at the rugby, can you blame them, entertainment, flair passion and ability. 

If only we could persuade Gregor Townsend to switch codes. ^_^

Playing shite right now

Rugby on

A million home games just before Xmas

Pish weather

Pish team

Folk are skint

Kids don't want to watch hearts as it's eyebleedingly boring

All this equals a very shite crowd. 

10 minutes ago, Outlander said:

305 away support - officially.

no wonder watching their team scrape a draw, negative lot that came for a draw.

6 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If only we could persuade Gregor Townsend to switch codes. ^_^

why is he good at football.

No don't vote with your feet. Keep going and keep showing your displeasure if the football is awful. 

The fans are trying to create a winning mentality by not accepting such shite. 

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

FA, I agree. Although we were undoubtedly better today , the fundamental problems continue.  We have signed a lot of dross over 2 years now and, despite the protestations of the Levein groupies, he was an integral part of that process. Cathro did not award the elusive Malaury Martin a 3 yr contract nor did Neilson with Sammon or Oshaniwa. So those that are still reminiscing about their UEFA away day piss ups that Levein's team provided about 14 years ago, should be aware that we have won 2 Scottish Cups since then and, to me, unless it provides a clear sign of progress, any season without winning or even challenging for a trophy, is a wasted one. Fans will simply walk away if there is no credible sign of progress

35 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Rugby or no Rugby.

We did play attacking football today. Maybe you missed the 20 odd shots at goal.

Elias Henry Furst
Just now, socrates82 said:

We did play attacking football today. Maybe you missed the 20 odd shots at goal.

We could still be playing now and wouldn’t have scored.

20 odd shots mostly from well outside the box and few troubling their keeper.

If you think that was a good attacking performance then that’s your prerogative.

I thought we were workmanlike and flat.

I think the weather and  the rugby had an impact on today’s crowd. Also only 350 or so away support so over 15k home fans. 

Traffic getting to and from Gorgie today was horrendous. We would also have lost a number of regulars to the rugby. 

To be fair, 15.5k at home to Ross County in the midst of a bad run of performances is decent. 

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

FA, I agree. Although we were undoubtedly better today , the fundamental problems continue.  We have signed a lot of dross over 2 years now and, despite the protestations of the Levein groupies, he was an integral part of that process. Cathro did not award the elusive Malaury Martin a 3 yr contract nor did Neilson with Sammon or Oshaniwa. So those that are still reminiscing about their UEFA away day piss ups that Levein's team provided about 14 years ago, should be aware that we have won 2 Scottish Cups since then and, to me, unless it provides a clear sign of progress, any season without winning or even challenging for a trophy, is a wasted one. Fans will simply walk away if there is no credible sign of progress

Reality is what’s done is done. What’s important is how and when do we get much better. Today was a significant improvement on recent performances. . 

1 minute ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

We could still be playing now and wouldn’t have scored.

20 odd shots mostly from well outside the box and few troubling their keeper.

If you think that was a good attacking performance then that’s your prerogative.

I thought we were workmanlike and flat.

Striker missed two sitters. Goalie made at least 2 very good saves from well created chances. Shots on target got deflected over. Ref gave us nothing. When we're shite like last week I'll admit it but today was a big improvement, more like the Aberdeen game. Folk saying otherwise clearly have different expectations of Scottish football, never mind hearts, than others! That was a performance that you want on a cold day.

J.T.F.Robertson
30 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

She did not qualify her comment with any reference to the team warranting it.

You can of course imagine that she did.

Fine then. She was(is) delusional enough to believe we were all going to ignore the fact our team is chronic and show up in any case to admire the new stand because of the fact she didn't "qualify" her remark.

It's logical, not imaginary, but carry on McDuff.

Putting things into perspective - look at the Hibs support at Hamilton today for a team with a chance to go 2nd in the league. Easily 1000 less than we took there when we had a chance to get in the top 6. 

Weather and Xmas all contribute to crowds falling at this time of year espically if the product is mostly rank and has been for a month or so.

2 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Striker missed two sitters. Goalie made at least 2 very good saves from well created chances. Shots on target got deflected over. Ref gave us nothing. When we're shite like last week I'll admit it but today was a big improvement, more like the Aberdeen game. Folk saying otherwise clearly have different expectations of Scottish football, never mind hearts, than others! That was a performance that you want on a cold day.

I agree in many respects, our tempo, closing down and effort was greatly improved from last week. We should have won by at least 2 clear goals. Just unfortunate our strikers don't like shooting when they get the chance.

Agree re ref. Appalling and was taken in by their cheating at very opportunity.

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Putting things into perspective - look at the Hibs support at Hamilton today for a team with a chance to go 2nd in the league. Easily 1000 less than we took there when we had a chance to go not the top 6. 

Weather and Xmas all contribute to crowds falling at this time of year espically if the product is mostly rank and has been for a month or so.

Hibs took 1463 today (according to Hamilton's twitter)

We took 2099

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

why is he good at football.

Probably better than a few in the team at the moment. :smile:

He knows how to get a sports team playing with pace, keeping the ball and finishing chances. Hopefully Levein can take in some of Townsend's philosophy.

1 minute ago, kila said:

Hibs took 1463 today (according to Hamilton's twitter)

We took 2099

Not doubtng you but the tv pictures don't show that IMO but my point stands. They should be selling out.

Rugby another factor as well tbf

55 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It tell you some Hearts fans wanted to watch the rugby instead of us.......that should be a worry for all.

I have a season pass for the rugby and Hearts. It was a bit stupid to have both games start within 30mins of each other IMO. In the end, I chose to join 66999 other folk watch a team that play in an attack minded way and give plenty entertainment. Its not a crime to like more than 1 sport though Gambo ?! Offered our season tickets to 3 fellow jambos and not one took me up on the 2 free tickets. 1 of them former season ticket holder for 20years!

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

It tell you some Hearts fans wanted to watch the rugby instead of us.......that should be a worry for all.

It was very cold today and some fans with young kids would have been tempted to stay home and watch the rugby on TV.

It was also "black Friday" shopping extended over to today. Maybe some tempted to do some Christmas shopping?

1 hour ago, Walter Bishop said:

“Not great the attendance, but the results aren’t great”

”Rugby game over the toad which a fair few jambos probably went to watch”

Yay, we have a winner! ??????

Not the only one saying it, but guess we're all wrong. Of course it's the beginning of a nuclear meltdown. Come the end of the season we'll be playing in front of an empty stadium as the club withers away into oblivion. ?

the sooner  most of you wake up and smell the coffee the better ,followed hearts all my days since 8 , now 57, this team and management ,for commitment ,and playing for the jersey ,are in my opinion,the worst to date

11 minutes ago, Yoda said:

It was very cold today and some fans with young kids would have been tempted to stay home and watch the rugby on TV.

It was also "black Friday" shopping extended over to today. Maybe some tempted to do some Christmas shopping?

All finding better things to do in their opinion than watching Hearts.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You’re off your tits on glue if you think 500 Ross County fans attended the game today. 

:) comical post of the day........

54 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Playing shite right now

Rugby on

A million home games just before Xmas

Pish weather

Pish team

Folk are skint

Kids don't want to watch hearts as it's eyebleedingly boring

All this equals a very shite crowd. 

This. 

Bet we sell out v Celtic and Hibs 

6 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

the sooner  most of you wake up and smell the coffee the better ,followed hearts all my days since 8 , now 57, this team and management ,for commitment ,and playing for the jersey ,are in my opinion,the worst to date

Behave yourself, this is not the worst team I have seen and I have been following Hearts a bit longer than you have. Thought the players today showed commitment and a desire to play for the jersey. 

Archived