Voting With Our Feet ( merged )

David McCaig

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Elias Henry Furst said:

So you support us on the condition we play well enough?

Fair dues.

Nope

I support us at home, no matter what and unlike some aren't "threatening " to walk away.

Maybe in the future I'll partake in away games when the kids are older like I did for about 15 years when younger.

I'll ask your permission first tho.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Not about ‘real fans’ it’s about the here and now. I’m sick and tired of seeing money wasted on poor signings and the man responsible for it given a further 3 year extension to his contract. Isma scores last week and a stood up slowly and applauded. Didn’t get hugely excited like I used to. Partick equalised I didn’t feel much either - dangerous feeling. Apathy. Don’t underestimate it. I’m not alone in feeling it. Used to be a dozen of us attend games - down to 5 now and everyone of us feels like this. 

I had that apathy when Levein was last in charge funnily enough, but a lot of it was down to the league being boring. Under him we firmly established ourselves as 3rd best and it was a case of "what now"? 

So strange as it might seem for some, I find this current situation increases my interest in Hearts because I want to see how we get out of it, which we will of course. And because this is a league where we could and should be challenging for 2nd or 3rd, I'm very keen to back the club to do it. 

Withdrawing support because we're playing badly and are down in 7th is the very definition of fairweather fan.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Not at all. I’m talking on mates that went together. My daughter jacked it last season as was bored. Had went for 5 years prior to that. My nephew didn’t go today and he’s bored watching. The new fans that are the life blood of the club don’t have the same tolerance levels as those that have attended for 25 + years. 

My tolerance is also going, not because of a few bad results but because we have spunked money on shite for so long with no real sign of improvement. Appreciate that some people rely on Hearts as a release from family. Me, I’d rather spend it with my family that feel like I’m wasting my time watching a bunch of individuals with limited skill and even less desire. 

We've been shite for less than a year.

If posters can't handle that, maybe Hearts isn't for them tbh.

If new fans expect us to be like Celtic then they will leave us.

Like the song, we have ups and downs, we are slightly down ATM.

Anyway, your call.

Just find it strange, giving the history of Hearts that so many are upset and surprised that we sometimes aren't great.

We've been better, we've also been far worse. The resilience of our support isn't as strong as I thought tbh.

We even let new fans know what to expect, it's in our song!

As I say, your call.

Came down from Dundee today as usual. 

Missed last weeks game as on holiday so first time in new stand. 

Second half all was ok but no goals. 

I don't think i have really have enjoyed watching Hearts for about a year now and today's game didn't change that. 

Got hime one at half eight tonight as had to queue for 90 minutes at Haymarket and along with all the dismal performances this year I am losing the appetite. 

Will still come but it might not take much of an excuse to not travel. 

Friends comijg up for the game game from Cambridgeshire next week and I have told them to bring tissues as there eyes might bleed. 

8 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

Season after season? It's been 8 months man!

Disagree, last good season from league position was 2016 when we finished 3rd. Football was eye bleeding and cup runs poor. Last 2 years have been poor. Kidding yourself on if you think 8 month

11 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

We've been shite for less than a year.

If posters can't handle that, maybe Hearts isn't for them tbh.

If new fans expect us to be like Celtic then they will leave us.

Like the song, we have ups and downs, we are slightly down ATM.

Anyway, your call.

Just find it strange, giving the history of Hearts that so many are upset and surprised that we sometimes aren't great.

We've been better, we've also been far worse. The resilience of our support isn't as strong as I thought tbh.

We even let new fans know what to expect, it's in our song!

As I say, your call.

I dont expect us to compete with Celtic, that’s just being daft but I do however think we should be taking 3 points at home to Patrick’s and Ross County. Not an arrogance but an expectation. To many average players in our team to be anything better than a bottom 6 side this season.

New fans don’t have the same loyalty but let’s not make them any less important.

Fans have and continue to dig deep but it needs to be a 2 way relationship - players need to show energy, effort , desire and passion - if they don’t then why should the fans give a shit?

16 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Disagree, last good season from league position was 2016 when we finished 3rd. Football was eye bleeding and cup runs poor. Last 2 years have been poor. Kidding yourself on if you think 8 month

That's subjective regarding the quality of football. There is no definition of what makes good football. If you lose interest in hearts when we're up challenging for 2nd and 3rd as we were last xmas then you may as well give up. Cup runs no doubt but how often do we win a cup again? 

None of the football we have played under Neilson or Levein even comes close to what Csaba Laszlo served up. And Sergio was very poor in the league but rescued by the cup run, which included a 1-0 win vs Auchinleck Talbot and replays vs St J and St Mirren that would have the pitchforks out if Levein did that.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Markymark said:

We've won 3 cups in 50 years.

Being 2nd/3rd is good for us.

If you expect us to win every game against the lesser teams have great cup runs and always finish in the top 3 you might be dissapionted.

We need to improve, I agree. In fact I think we will improve allot now we have stability on/ off the field.

I just don't get the- we're shit, even under Robbie- it was the football that was shite as the results were generally ok mob so I'm going in the huff.

If folk do leave, maybe see them again in a year or two when the football and results are to Thier liking.

Maybe supporting the team will help good times to come around faster.

If everybody went in the huff because we were shite and never went to the games we've have no one there, we'd be in admin again.

In fact, the"core" of fans allows the Fairweather fans to pick and choose in the knowledge that the club will be ok as the "core" will ensure the club continues for when the Fairweather fans decide to come back and help out/ enjoy themselves.

It's a choice, tho.

Cracking game today.

Could and deserved at least 3 or 4 Goals.

Tactics spot on.

Fitness levels much improved.

Thoroughly enjoyable 0-0 in rather Chilly conditions.

Nice to see JW finally play a part.

Djoum nearly back to his best.

Berra commanding as per.

Branson. A wee diamond.

Isma, liked his new role.

Cole. Created havoc.

Cockrane, dug in well.

Keeper, not required.

Smith, steady Eddie.

Milo. Boys got some bite about him, like it.

Hughsey, absolute class and please stay fit.

Beaton, lol.

Empty stadium :rofl:

Think the crowds are dwindling now wait to see what the look like at the end of January if we don't get through Levein's biggest ever Hearts match as a manager.

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Give it it up with this fairy story FFS. Last season was seriously poor before Cathro under your hero, Neilson. Terrible football just as it had been for the tail end of the previous season.

13 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Think the crowds are dwindling now wait to see what the look like at the end of January if we don't get through Levein's biggest ever Hearts match as a manager.

Dwindling crowds mainly due to poor performances - simple as that.  Yes, the rugby may have affected today's attendance and yes it was bloody freezing but 4 wins in 15 league matches has to be the main reason.

The crowds for our first matches at new Tynecastle Park have been disappointing, and rugby/weather/Christmaas shopping (really??) dont cut it.

The crowds are low because the team is pretty bad, there is no excitement and not much to feel good about, other than the new stand. The new stand wiĺl not entice many walk ups to attend when the football is so poor, despite what Ann believes. 

Even those who are super positive are telling us to be patient and put up with rubbish because the good times will return "some time ": there is absolutely no feel good factor around the club at present. The result of this is that (most) ST holders will attend, along with some of the more loyal and committed walk ups. Football fans respond to excitement, anticipation and hope that their club is going to achieve something or, at the very least, entertain. There is very little of any of that at Hearts at present, and little hope that it is just around the corner. 

If we do not dramatically improve the league form and go out of the cup to Hibs yet again, ST renewals will most certainly not remain the same. And the all important hospitality customers will not be queuing up, either. 

38 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

You seem as if you are enjoying yourself.

Happy as a pig in muck.

4 hours ago, Markymark said:

Not about ‘real fans’ it’s about the here and now. I’m sick and tired of seeing money wasted on poor signings and the man responsible for it given a further 3 year extension to his contract. Isma scores last week and a stood up slowly and applauded. Didn’t get hugely excited like I used to. Partick equalised I didn’t feel much either - dangerous feeling. Apathy. Don’t underestimate it. I’m not alone in feeling it. Used to be a dozen of us attend games - down to 5 now and everyone of us feels like this. 

Shame. It’s always sad when a band splits up. 

R.I.P The Funky Bunch

:sob:

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

You seem as if you are enjoying yourself.

Happy as a pig in muck.

Whereas you seem to have a crack at anyone pointing out some home truths.

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Geoff the Mince said:

The crowds will only get worse as we are crap .

Correct Geoff.

Should be back in the UK for the cup derby in Jan if you want to get us a couple of tickets?

It should have been ten
7 hours ago, Zico said:

Not many folk up on their history if they think over 15k Hearts fans is a shite attendance when we’re not playing particularly well. 

Exactly mate ?

It should have been ten
6 hours ago, Denis Atomic said:

Anyone that chooses to watch a rugby friendly over a competitive Hearts match is not a true supporter in my eyes. 

:dito:

The new stand factor has gone already, the stand looks great and our stadium is complete. Our attendances will be decided by the product on display. But in truth we will not get 20,000 regularly unless we are at the top of the league playing dream football. We did play a bit better with plenty of effort, but there is not a lot of improvement to come from this group. With one of the highest wage bills outside the old firm, you would assume that they would have good sell on value, but no, they will not be in great demand. We can blame whoever but we have a DOF in charge of all matters football and our recruitment of players and coaching staff ( including Ian Cathro ) and the awarding of contracts has proved very harmful to our clubs progress, and no player has improved under our state of the art coaching. This has to be questioned and dealt with. Call me old fashioned but when my team is struggling I can see it, I do not need data from ''Our expensive New Performance school'' ( CLs words ). I am not suggesting scrapping youth development, far from it, but it needs to be hand in hand with improving the first team squad with prudent recruitment of ambitious, promising younger players with improvement in them and the odd seasoned campaigner. I do not believe in the big plan ( or 5 year one ) or the fantasy that we will dominate Scottish football and take Europe by storm. I do believe in trying to be the best you can be with its highs and lows, we are falling well short of that particular dream at the moment. We have come off the rails this past year, lets get back to basics starting with a couple of good January signings. PS I do like young Brandon, he should be used as example to all our youngsters and indeed some of his older colleagues.

We laughed at the OF and the Muppets in the past for figures that are clearly not in the ground.

I thought we would see a big drop yesterday, but not as bad as it was.

I guess about 12k, tops.

9 hours ago, Markymark said:

I dont expect us to compete with Celtic, that’s just being daft but I do however think we should be taking 3 points at home to Patrick’s and Ross County. Not an arrogance but an expectation. To many average players in our team to be anything better than a bottom 6 side this season.

New fans don’t have the same loyalty but let’s not make them any less important.

Fans have and continue to dig deep but it needs to be a 2 way relationship - players need to show energy, effort , desire and passion - if they don’t then why should the fans give a shit?

3 points from 12 at home to Killie, St J, Partick and Ross County, isn’t it?

No matter if we were “decent” today, you are right in saying we are a proper bottom 6 side. 

14 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

The new stand factor has gone already, the stand looks great and our stadium is complete. Our attendances will be decided by the product on display. But in truth we will not get 20,000 regularly unless we are at the top of the league playing dream football. We did play a bit better with plenty of effort, but there is not a lot of improvement to come from this group. With one of the highest wage bills outside the old firm, you would assume that they would have good sell on value, but no, they will not be in great demand. We can blame whoever but we have a DOF in charge of all matters football and our recruitment of players and coaching staff ( including Ian Cathro ) and the awarding of contracts has proved very harmful to our clubs progress, and no player has improved under our state of the art coaching. This has to be questioned and dealt with. Call me old fashioned but when my team is struggling I can see it, I do not need data from ''Our expensive New Performance school'' ( CLs words ). I am not suggesting scrapping youth development, far from it, but it needs to be hand in hand with improving the first team squad with prudent recruitment of ambitious, promising younger players with improvement in them and the odd seasoned campaigner. I do not believe in the big plan ( or 5 year one ) or the fantasy that we will dominate Scottish football and take Europe by storm. I do believe in trying to be the best you can be with its highs and lows, we are falling well short of that particular dream at the moment. We have come off the rails this past year, lets get back to basics starting with a couple of good January signings. PS I do like young Brandon, he should be used as example to all our youngsters and indeed some of his older colleagues.

Good post. 

Geoff the Mince
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Correct Geoff.

Should be back in the UK for the cup derby in Jan if you want to get us a couple of tickets?

Most certainly  captain ,

Bring some ear plugs as I've been having a few rants of late .

Why are we not selling tickets for the large sections of empty seats in the new Main stand yet opening the roseburn up? I looked on etickets and there were virtually no seats available then turn up to the game to see thousands of empty seats. Surely if they are for hospitality they should be selling these as individual tickets until hospitality is complete.

11 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dont blame you although I bet it would have been a harder choice had we been playing either the old firm or hibs or Aberdeen today?

Think the way we'e

The empty seats were limited edition.  Only available to buy for 30minutes, at 02:30 last Sunday morning from an unknown corner-shop in Libya.

#Marketing

51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

We laughed at the OF and the Muppets in the past for figures that are clearly not in the ground.

I guess about 12k, tops.

Behave yourself it was nowhere near as little as 12k

59 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I guess about 12k, tops.

You obviously don't know that every season ticket holder is classed as a seat filled be them there or not, hence the official attendance being more than the pictures would suggest. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Hobos out in force I see

Not me mate, you really need to grow up and debate the point.

The amount of empty seats today was there to be seen.

1 minute ago, Hearts lad said:

You obviously don't know that every season ticket holder is classed as a seat filled be them there or not, hence the official attendance being more than the pictures would suggest. 

I do know that, but would rather see the actual attendance.

Regal Kingston

Since we’ve came up I think 80% of all decisions have been incorrect. Be it player signing, tactical or stand related. We have a lot of people within the club who are simply not performing. As

we fund it we deserve better. If there is not vast improvement in the second half of the season we need to question the structure of the club and if those in the top positions are the right people to take us forward 

With the delay in the stand instead of three late summer games in our t-shirts  we have three games in the freezing cold. That was brutal yesterday and I don’t blame our older supporters or those with kids for staying away. 

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I do know that, but would rather see the actual attendance.

What difference does it make?, the money's in the Bank regardless of anyone being there but I dare say you're looking for something to moan about with this. 

1 minute ago, Hearts lad said:

What difference does it make?, the money's in the Bank regardless of anyone being there but I dare say you're looking for something to moan about with this. 

Because it is a reflection of how the supporters are feeling.

"The money is in the bank", I hope to god that is not the boards opinion.

Sell season tickets and dont give a toss if they turn up or not.

Talk about taking fans for granted, holy shit.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Every football club does the same thing so I really don't get the seethe. 

1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Untwist your knickers .

Just now, Hearts lad said:

Every football club does the same thing so I really don't get the seethe. 

I see there is a far bigger thread on the same issue. Leave it to that one.

Frankly, I don't care about other clubs, it's what hearts are doing as a club that I care about.

You cannot take fans support for granted.

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

I see there is a far bigger thread on the same issue. Leave it to that one.

Frankly, I don't care about other clubs, it's what hearts are doing as a club that I care about.

You cannot take fans support for granted.

Aye because counting an empty seat as taken is taking the fans for granted eh?, easy WALTER 

13 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Probably better than a few in the team at the moment. :smile:

He knows how to get a sports team playing with pace, keeping the ball and finishing chances. Hopefully Levein can take in some of Townsend's philosophy.

Right about finishing chances bud, 23 shots on goal, we have to up our game in front of goal.

Archived