Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

buckhind jambo
7 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Fully agree , like you I try and explain to my daughters what Tynecastle used to be like , I'm not sure they get it. Both of them commented on how we were out sung in the last two big games .

Your comment about HUMOUR AND PISS TAKE of opposition fans and players , sadly that was one of the things the enclosure fans were warned about  when calling Mixu " names" wasn't it? . I remember that fat hibs **** and the French decanter thrower doing a daft we dance in the 6-2 game tho , but I suppose that's okay that they can hand it out but not take it back .

Tynecastle recently has been for the want of a better description too sterile and from what I've witnessed so far , barely a celebration when scoring on Saturday ,a permanent move to Murrayfield under Robinson would've killed us , nice stadium but not for us .

Agree! I've an 11yr old boy, season ticket holders and I'm always telling him how good Tynie was in the old days under the shed and he can't believe it, for the game on Sat against Rangers he said to me on the Friday night that i could go with my mates he wanted a long lie, point being he isn't getting the buzz i got when a lad and i worry I'm gonna lose his interest in going to matches soon

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, buckhind jambo said:

Agree! I've an 11yr old boy, season ticket holders and I'm always telling him how good Tynie was in the old days under the shed and he can't believe it, for the game on Sat against Rangers he said to me on the Friday night that i could go with my mates he wanted a long lie, point being he isn't getting the buzz i got when a lad and i worry I'm gonna lose his interest in going to matches soon

A long lie? Was he out on the lash until 3am aged 11?

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Weren't we all Ray?

We used to be a genius support with chants. 

" Tony Mowbray's got a ****ing monkey's heid...."

Not much until someone started belting out

" Some wee monkeys got a Tony Mowbray heid."

Cracks me up now, my point is, theres a cheekiness about Tynecastle thats disappeared. I've never witnessed Tynie being overtly bigoted in my times, ive heard bits and pieces but we were good at being wind up merchants and having a good atmosphere. 

I dont bekiev seata have much to do with it. Championship season was brilliant for atmosphere.

I just think were acting all expectant again. Plus the footie isnt upto scratch.

Id be fully in favour of setting up some form of section where all the singing, all the chats all the displays is initiated by them. Bring drums back. Let them get a bit cheeky with opposition, without the fear of getting banned for life if gets a little too boisterous. ( Obv theres laws to abide). Its not too far fetched is it?

maroonlegions
6 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

We used to be a genius support with chants. 

" Tony Mowbray's got a ****ing monkey's heid...."

Not much until someone started belting out

" Some wee monkeys got a Tony Mowbray heid."

Cracks me up now, my point is, theres a cheekiness about Tynecastle thats disappeared. I've never witnessed Tynie being overtly bigoted in my times, ive heard bits and pieces but we were good at being wind up merchants and having a good atmosphere. 

I dont bekiev seata have much to do with it. Championship season was brilliant for atmosphere.

I just think were acting all expectant again. Plus the footie isnt upto scratch.

Id be fully in favour of setting up some form of section where all the singing, all the chats all the displays is initiated by them. Bring drums back. Let them get a bit cheeky with opposition, without the fear of getting banned for life if gets a little too boisterous. ( Obv theres laws to abide). Its not too far fetched is it?

This.

Can you  imagine "The Shed" back in the day.....   sorry the club has banned most of the Gorgie Fist for over exuberance in their loyal backing  of the players on match days.

While the vermin get off scot free with wrecking Hampden and kicking feck out of NEWCO fans and some of their players.

Budge has forgot that when trying to create a safe family environment on match days she has overlooked the passion and over exuberance of hardened PHM. 

Match days at Tynecastle Park are now turning  into a  family day out at some event at the local library.

I suspect that having parents with young bairns scattered all over the stadium is a bit of an atmosphere killer. We should maybe have a couple of

sections of the stadium set as being full adult prices only. This might encourage singing section to naturally develop in these sections rather than it being directly billed as such.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I suspect that having parents with young bairns scattered all over the stadium is a bit of an atmosphere killer. We should maybe have a couple of

sections of the stadium set as being full adult prices only. This might encourage singing section to naturally develop in these sections rather than it being directly billed as such.

Would the club allow such a thing ? I very much doubt it.

As I said in the past, regarding a singing section, good luck with it.

buckhind jambo
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

hahaha nah he plays on a Sunday and chose a lie in instead of going to the Hearts on the Sat.

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

This.

Can you  imagine "The Shed" back in the day.....   sorry the club has banned most of the Gorgie Fist for over exuberance in their loyal backing  of the players on match days.

While the vermin get off scot free with wrecking Hampden and kicking feck out of NEWCO fans and some of their players.

Budge has forgot that when trying to create a safe family environment on match days she has overlooked the passion and over exuberance of hardened PHM. 

Match days at Tynecastle Park are now turning  into a  family day out at some event at the local library.

Good post.  I think Ann demonstrated that she didn't really "get it" when she said that she wanted families to be able to sit in any seat in any part of the stadium and feel comfortable: achieving that dream is not going to make Tynecastle a particularly great stadium for our viewpoint.  We do not have any edge, any hostility or any atmosphere.  

zoltan socrates
17 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

^^^

maroonlegions
8 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Good post.  I think Ann demonstrated that she didn't really "get it" when she said that she wanted families to be able to sit in any seat in any part of the stadium and feel comfortable: achieving that dream is not going to make Tynecastle a particularly great stadium for our viewpoint.  We do not have any edge, any hostility or any atmosphere.  

Yip good points. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

There has to be some thinking outside the box in my opinion, if that is the club's position.

Off the top of my head, a card display in either of the stands. Gets people of all ages involved and could, possibly, lead to a growth of a better atmosphere at home.

Maybe sounds a bit naff to some but the alternative is what ? 

I think a singing section is a must. Obviously there has to be ground rules, but similarly the club has to accept that a group of teenagers, pumped up and motivated, might just push the boundaries a little. "Zero tolerance" is not an option, imo. Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and other clubs allow their groups some leeway, because they appreciate what they bring to the stadium. We cannot be the one and only club who demand absolutely perfect behaviour.  

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Sounds like a decent idea to me, I know I hold back if theres kids around, there never was in Upper N but that options gone now.

Maybe someone (or a group of people) just needs to put together some viable properly thought out ideas and approach the club? I don’t know if that has happened. Maybe it already has. 

4 minutes ago, redm said:

Maybe someone (or a group of people) just needs to put together some viable properly thought out ideas and approach the club? I don’t know if that has happened. Maybe it already has. 

The club needs to be open to it, though. Given the manner in which they banned the last young team, for pretty much nothing in football fans terms, and most certainly absolutely nothing compared to the OF/Hibs, that would be up for debate.  

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The club needs to be open to it, though. Given the manner in which they banned the last young team, for pretty much nothing in football fans terms, and most certainly absolutely nothing compared to the OF/Hibs, that would be up for debate.  

They can’t be completely closed to it given they accommodated a group who wanted to try it not all that long ago. It didn’t work out, but that doesn’t mean it never will. 

1 minute ago, redm said:

They can’t be completely closed to it given they accommodated a group who wanted to try it not all that long ago. It didn’t work out, but that doesn’t mean it never will. 

Hmmmmmmmmm, I am sceptical.  I think we want to project a squeaky clean image and this doesnt tie in with that. 

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, I am sceptical.  I think we want to project a squeaky clean image and this doesnt tie in with that. 

Then why did they give it a shot to begin with, if that’s the case? 

2 minutes ago, redm said:

Then why did they give it a shot to begin with, if that’s the case? 

I  believe they thought that they could have a singing section without any issues at all. 

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, Boab said:

I hear, and agree, with a lot of this post but the many players and fans that voted Tynecastle  the best away day for atmosphere etc,  are basing that on the all-seated Tynecastle...not the old shed one !

So, if they are basing it on the new stadium, it should be pretty easy to get that accolade back. 

True, especially due to the fans being so close to the pitch. Here's hoping the new look stadium brings that edge back and we can use rhe crowd to our advantage again :thumb:

5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Certainly does kill the atmosphere in  G, loads of kids in there these days.

Whilst its good to see young fans taking an interest in Hearts.It would be better for them to be in one  family stand.

45 minutes ago, Tott said:

Certainly does kill the atmosphere in  G, loads of kids in there these days.

Whilst its good to see young fans taking an interest in Hearts.It would be better for them to be in one  family stand.

I'm not so sure a family only stand is the way to go I'd be more inclined to go with an area / section or two that didn't allow under 12's ( I've used that age as the ST are U12's) 

Personally I hated having to go into a family only stand when the kids were younger , whilst I wouldn't have taken them into section G or the notorious section N :tongue: I'd much have preferred sitting with mates whilst having my kids with me .

likewise you could have a couple of sections that are family only 

18 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

I'm not so sure a family only stand is the way to go I'd be more inclined to go with an area / section or two that didn't allow under 12's ( I've used that age as the ST are U12's) 

Personally I hated having to go into a family only stand when the kids were younger , whilst I wouldn't have taken them into section G or the notorious section N :tongue: I'd much have preferred sitting with mates whilst having my kids with me .

likewise you could have a couple of sections that are family only 

Can understand why you didnt want to take them into section N .

They would have probably fell asleep with the lack of atmosphere :smile:

However its still a good point and would take it a step further.

if we could place all the easily offended  in there own section as well.

Or maybe even encourage them to take up a more suitable sport.

Maybe a working class football team just aint for them.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I  believe they thought that they could have a singing section without any issues at all. 

Was the issue with that group the songs they were singing though?

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Was the issue with that group the songs they were singing though?

Don't think it was the songs they were singing at least not at Tynecastle anyway. Maybe at away games the song book was and still is a bit more colourful. Were the major complaints not that they were in the wrong place and that people couldn't see the game because they were waving their flags and because they kept banging drums quite a lot. There was the incident with the stewards baseball cap though !!!!

Why are people blaming this on kids or Anne’s influence? If you look at other teams all fans of all ages are up on their feet singing their hearts out! Bottom line is we have some rubbish songs. I like the going to Europe song - bit different and ‘ours’. However not a hope in hell of getting the crowd going - most people don’t know all the words!!!  I was looking at YouTube last night for inspiration- made myself look at a couple of hibs fans songs. Simple, ok tune, easy to sing - now need to go for therapy as all I can hear in my head is h*bz hibs woah .....  I know people will say it’s crap but watch the crowd - they’re going mental. I want to do that at a hearts game, with our songs!!!!  I’m off to see a shrink 

33 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Why are people blaming this on kids or Anne’s influence? If you look at other teams all fans of all ages are up on their feet singing their hearts out! Bottom line is we have some rubbish songs. I like the going to Europe song - bit different and ‘ours’. However not a hope in hell of getting the crowd going - most people don’t know all the words!!!  I was looking at YouTube last night for inspiration- made myself look at a couple of hibs fans songs. Simple, ok tune, easy to sing - now need to go for therapy as all I can hear in my head is h*bz hibs woah .....  I know people will say it’s crap but watch the crowd - they’re going mental. I want to do that at a hearts game, with our songs!!!!  I’m off to see a shrink 

I don't agree with this sorry 

Ann is our clubs saviour no doubt about it and nothing will ever change that and I'm not decrying her but when it came to the fan stuff IMO she got it badly wrong

She chased out our hostile 90 minute fans and made it crystal clear that she wanted to have a family environment where families could come to the game and watch it without any boisterous behaviour and people feeling intimidated with those around them 

whilst I'm not advocating that our fans all tool up and follow through with what's being said at the game 90 minutes is 90 minutes and you can't have an intimidating hostile environment and have a family friendly environment in the same place - I don't think she realised this and is still struggling with it 

whenever I used to talk to fans of other clubs and asked them about Tynecastle they would mention how intimidating it was standing in the away end with 14k jambos snarling away at them and their team - the lion's den was used on more than one occasion to describe the atmosphere - used to make me feel proud 

we can get back to this in my opinion but Ann needs to do what all other club chairs do in the country and that's to let it go a bit 

and before anyone (Adam) starts getting their self in a knot saying this post is advocating sectarian and racist behaviour it's not - you can be hostile and  not make our ground a great away day for fans of other clubs where they feel a bit intimidated about coming - I don't want fans of other clubs enjoying their away day at Our ground - no disrespect but I don't want them to have the "tynecastle experience"  I want them shitting their self quite frankly and to tell everyone they know about their little day out 

anyway rant over 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

I don't agree with this sorry 

Ann is our clubs saviour no doubt about it and nothing will ever change that and I'm not decrying her but when it came to the fan stuff IMO she got it badly wrong

She chased out our hostile 90 minute fans and made it crystal clear that she wanted to have a family environment where families could come to the game and watch it without any boisterous behaviour and people feeling intimidated with those around them 

whilst I'm not advocating that our fans all tool up and follow through with what's being said at the game 90 minutes is 90 minutes and you can't have an intimidating hostile environment and have a family friendly environment in the same place - I don't think she realised this and is still struggling with it 

whenever I used to talk to fans of other clubs and asked them about Tynecastle they would mention how intimidating it was standing in the away end with 14k jambos snarling away at them and their team - the lion's den was used on more than one occasion to describe the atmosphere - used to make me feel proud 

we can get back to this in my opinion but Ann needs to do what all other club chairs do in the country and that's to let it go a bit 

and before anyone (Adam) starts getting their self in a knot saying this post is advocating sectarian and racist behaviour it's not - you can be hostile and  not make our ground a great away day for fans of other clubs where they feel a bit intimidated about coming - I don't want fans of other clubs enjoying their away day at Our ground - no disrespect but I don't want them to have the "tynecastle experience"  I want them shitting their self quite frankly and to tell everyone they know about their little day out 

anyway rant over 

In a nutshell.

But I don't think Ann is struggling with it at all. Season ticket sales are as high as they ever have been, and she is clearly focussed on creating a very family friendly atmosphere.

12 hours ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think a singing section is a must. Obviously there has to be ground rules, but similarly the club has to accept that a group of teenagers, pumped up and motivated, might just push the boundaries a little. "Zero tolerance" is not an option, imo. Hibs, Celtic, Rangers and other clubs allow their groups some leeway, because they appreciate what they bring to the stadium. We cannot be the one and only club who demand absolutely perfect behaviour.  

15 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

This.

Budge has forgot that when trying to create a safe family environment on match days she has overlooked the passion and over exuberance of hardened PHM

If you think you can't be passionate, motivated and back your team vocally without being a violent/racist/sectarian arsehole then I feel sorry for you guys. 

I'd be all for a singing section but the Section H Young Team really damaged trust with the club on that front. I don't think the club will be totally against forming another one but it might be a longer process. 

Bazzas right boot

When the team plays well, the crowd react.

The rangers games showed that.

Murrayfield is shite as it's a third full.

The next derby under the floodlights will makes the discussion mute.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Your post has elated and depressed me in equal measures.

:laugh:

6 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

If you think you can't be passionate, motivated and back your team vocally without being a violent/racist/sectarian arsehole then I feel sorry for you guys. 

I'd be all for a singing section but the Section H Young Team really damaged trust with the club on that front. I don't think the club will be totally against forming another one but it might be a longer process. 

Where did I advocate being a violent/racist/sectarian arsehole? 

I do, however, think that the club have to accept that to attract an enthusiastic, passionate young crowd there will also be some elements less than 100% perfect. They wont, though, and if a new young team was set up they would be banned at the first opportunity. 

I dont believe the club will care that much about atmosphere: they see the stadium selling out and presume from that that everybody is happy and sees the bigger picture/3/5/however long plan. 

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

When the team plays well, the crowd react.

The rangers games showed that.

Murrayfield is shite as it's a third full.

The next derby under the floodlights will makes the discussion mute.

Your 4th sentence is very much dependent on your first sentence being the case.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A major hurdle will soon be cleared. We as fans need either underdog or siege mentality until the stand funding is over and done with. 

Team needs help. Disconnect from the fans? No wonder when they abuse teenagers 

maroonlegions
16 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

I was  certainly  not advocating or excusing any form  of sectarian  and racist abuse chants or songs, you would have known that if you had any real perception of what constitutes the mental makeup of PHM.

Those aresholes that got banned were knowhere near being a PHM.

What i was getting at is that the club need to encourage getting TyneCastle Park back to the days of a noisy cauldron.

6 minutes ago, Erik said:

Your 4th sentence is very much dependent on your first sentence being the case.

Therein lies the problem though, Erik.

The crowd are waiting for something to happen at home. If it doesn't, there's no atmosphere.

To contradict that slightly, the derby at Christmas will be bouncing for the pretty simple reason that it's a night KO and a good many attending will be half cooked !

jack D and coke
On 28/10/2017 at 17:40, amadjambo said:

The OP mustn’t have been in Dingwall recently. The Hearts fans were absolutely bouncing for 90 mins.

Our fans aren’t shite, but when the team is this bad you are only going to get a great atmosphere when the fans are well lubricated.

I heard it was the old party songs though. :muggy: 

FWIW I have to agree with others that our fans have lost their passion. There’s very little anger or anything palpable it’s just sort of acceptance of being garbage. Plenty of seethe on here but very little at the games. 

Something has gone in the last few years and I can’t put my finger on it. 

We’re becoming Hibs. 

26 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Where did I advocate being a violent/racist/sectarian arsehole? 

I do, however, think that the club have to accept that to attract an enthusiastic, passionate young crowd there will also be some elements less than 100% perfect. They wont, though, and if a new young team was set up they would be banned at the first opportunity. 

I dont believe the club will care that much about atmosphere: they see the stadium selling out and presume from that that everybody is happy and sees the bigger picture/3/5/however long plan. 

21 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I was  certainly  not advocating or excusing any form  of sectarian  and racist abuse chants or songs, you would have known that if you had any real perception of what constitutes the mental makeup of PHM.

Those aresholes that got banned were knowhere near being a PHM.

What i was getting at is that the club need to encourage getting TyneCastle Park back to the days of a noisy cauldron.

Apologies for misinterpreting the message guys. Bad morning, usually put more thought in before posting. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

I heard it was the old party songs though. :muggy: 

FWIW I have to agree with others that our fans have lost their passion. There’s very little anger or anything palpable it’s just sort of acceptance of being garbage. Plenty of seethe on here but very little at the games. 

Something has gone in the last few years and I can’t put my finger on it. 

We’re becoming Hibs. 

There is plenty of passion on here, and I see it amongst Hearts fans in 'real life' and on other social media. Okay, it may not be always a positive passion right now, but it is still there.

Maybe there is an identity issue. We want to be seen as a club that supports the team in the right way, but do we then come across as being a bit St Pauli or, even worse, Celtic, where it becomes sloganeering and constantly saying about how wonderful we are as fans? but this forgets a generation or two of being very much an angry mob, making Tynie an intimidating place to visit.

I dunno, just thinking aloud to be honest.

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

Apologies for misinterpreting the message guys. Bad morning, usually put more thought in before posting. 

:thumbsup:

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

There is plenty of passion on here, and I see it amongst Hearts fans in 'real life' and on other social media. Okay, it may not be always a positive passion right now, but it is still there.

Maybe there is an identity issue. We want to be seen as a club that supports the team in the right way, but do we then come across as being a bit St Pauli or, even worse, Celtic, where it becomes sloganeering and constantly saying about how wonderful we are as fans? but this forgets a generation or two of being very much an angry mob, making Tynie an intimidating place to visit.

I dunno, just thinking aloud to be honest.

Tbh I’d never go down the self righteous sickening route of the tim tramps trying to convince the world they’re the best fans I really couldn’t care less about how others see us. Hearts have good fans, in that I mean fans that put their hand in their pocket more than most and they need to get angry about it. 

I want a loud, passionate and ****ing really angry Hearts support again it’s pitiful what we’ve turned into. 

11 minutes ago, KineticBeat said:

No worries. Most people on here seem to believe I have sectarian beliefs but the reality is very different. 

8 hours ago, Tott said:

Can understand why you didnt want to take them into section N .

They would have probably fell asleep with the lack of atmosphere :smile:

However its still a good point and would take it a step further.

if we could place all the easily offended  in there own section as well.

Or maybe even encourage them to take up a more suitable sport.

Maybe a working class football team just aint for them.

I think that's pretty much bang on :laugh:

only time I've pulled someone up is when either the C word , N word or the one that really pisses me of the M word to describe Down's syndrome,last one for personal reasons, is used . As you say easily offended maybe football isn't for them .

All roads lead to Gorgie

I will sound old but when I started following the club in the late 70s the build up of atmosphere started outside the ground, even as far away as the city centre with groups joining after a few bevvies and chanting all the way to Gorgie. Now people just seem to turn up and the excitement that used to build as you approached the ground is missing to a great extent. That kind of kills the excitement that leads to an full on atmosphere inside the ground.

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Don't think it was the songs they were singing at least not at Tynecastle anyway. Maybe at away games the song book was and still is a bit more colourful. Were the major complaints not that they were in the wrong place and that people couldn't see the game because they were waving their flags and because they kept banging drums quite a lot. There was the incident with the stewards baseball cap though !!!!

That's what I was (rather poorly) trying to say. They weren't, to my knowledge, signing sectarian songs in the school end.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Boab said:

Therein lies the problem though, Erik.

The crowd are waiting for something to happen at home. If it doesn't, there's no atmosphere.

To contradict that slightly, the derby at Christmas will be bouncing for the pretty simple reason that it's a night KO and a good many attending will be half cooked !

Or fully cooked.

Plan

-Install decibel noise meters above each section of the ground

-Link it to the big screens (we're getting them, right?)

-Display the noise levels for each section

...here's the killer bit of the idea...

1/2 price season tickets next year for the noisiest section over the whole season.

The place would be like one of those radge Turkish grounds you see - full on carnage, goats being slaughtered, the works.

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Plan

-Install decibel noise meters above each section of the ground

-Link it to the big screens (we're getting them, right?)

-Display the noise levels for each section

...here's the killer bit of the idea...

1/2 price season tickets next year for the noisiest section over the whole season.

The place would be like one of those radge Turkish grounds you see - full on carnage, goats being slaughtered, the works.

Now that is dynamic pricing !

Archived