Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

behindthegoal

We have always been loyal. In the recent history of our club we've hardly ever had real cause for us fans to be jubilant. The odd cup win, a scarce win over one of the bigot brothers and though it was always a pleasure to beat Hibs seemingly every time we played them even that has dried up recently. Without cause we've turned up year on year. We may not sing anymore but you cannot knock the passion. Murrayfield is like being at your Aunties. nice-ish but I can't wait to get us home. Fill the new stand, win a few games and this will all be forgotten.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the team that's taken to the park for the last two games must rank among the worst we have seen since the 70s, there is no discernible shape to the team and the players are not giving their all, no matter what the management say, I may not be a old pro or played at that level but some of the guys who played yesterday wouldn't get a game with some of the teams I played with at armature level on that form, they may have it in them to play better but why  did they not do it yesterday? fikken charlatans.

9 hours ago, Torry Jambo said:

Brought it home to me last week. The Hibs singing section  looked to be well organised and seems to have moved having a whole section in the top tier to the right behind the goal.  My 15 year old son mentioned how he thinks Hearts have an "older" support.  No chance of him jumping ship though as he canny stand anything green!!

Lots of great points made on this thread  hopefully Hearts will take note and look at a singing section again.

4 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Do Hibs have more songs that ALL their fans can sing than Hearts?  To me it sounds like they do.  Yes I've heard their other songs about paedos and rufugees however these songs are not sung as often, as loudly or as prolonged as their others and they don't seem to be used to rouse the whole crowd. 

I didn't mention Celtic and I don't think I've ever heard St Johnstone fans sing anything...ever - so I'm not sure why that's relevant.

I'm obsessed with not wanting to sing about being knee deep in fenian blood, this is true.  Much sorry.  I must try harder.

Hearts are not an extension of your politics.

Give it a rest.

Just now, jake said:

Hearts are not an extension of your politics.

Give it a rest.

Nor should they be an extension of any one else's.  

2 hours ago, vintage1874 said:

Brought it home to me last week. The Hibs singing section  looked to be well organised and seems to have moved having a whole section in the top tier to the right behind the goal.  My 15 year old son mentioned how he thinks Hearts have an "older" support.  No chance of him jumping ship though as he canny stand anything green!!

Lots of great points made on this thread  hopefully Hearts will take note and look at a singing section again.

This actually crossed my mind recently after my teenage daughter came in from school and said there were a lot more Hibs fans in the school than Hearts fans. I was surprised, but maybe Hearts are losing out with youngsters just now. If that's true, I really hope the club realise it.

Interestingly, I had to attend a small event near Edinburgh this week, and I was easily the youngest there. There was about 12 of us in total, and it turned out about half the gents were Hearts fans,  all in their mid-fifties or older, one was Rangers, and the rest weren't interested in football.  And out of that group, I was the only one attending Murrayfield yesterday.  Hearts do seem to have a lot of fans who have supported the club for decades which is absolutely brilliant. but we need to be the 'go-to' club for the generation coming through in and around Edinburgh, and I suspect we're not at the minute. We've got work to do. 

As for Hibs singing section - I was on a bus on Tuesday night and two young Hibs fans - about 14 years old I would say - came on and sat behind me, heading for Easter Road. They were saying that the singing section is rubbish now that it's moved from the East stand. but at least they've got one that's been encouraged by the club.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just said on another thread some love themselves far too much. 

Try spending some of that love for a young patched up team 

Atmosphere at murrayfield pretty muted yesterday away fans are usually noiser as a rule at majority of grounds.  These poor sad youths who slag off Budge because she wont hold their hands and lead them to their own wee section organise yourselves stop winthem on kickback.

Credit to the jambos on our tram yesterday who shut the huns up with a good few choruses of you let you club die. They don't like it up them.

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Nor should they be an extension of any one else's.  

Theyre not.

I take it you were not about in the early 80s.

Hearts had the beginnings of a right wing element.

Quickly subdued by the fact hearts had a mining community on strike.

A mental support.

A support full of young supporters.

Late 70s 

A support with punks skinheads.

Not caring what those that were older or im charge thought.

But nowadays push a driver steal a drum sing hullo hullo and you ostracise them.

You're like a mary whitehouse .

Even excusing your anti englishness as enlightened.

1 hour ago, jake said:

Theyre not.

I take it you were not about in the early 80s.

Hearts had the beginnings of a right wing element.

Quickly subdued by the fact hearts had a mining community on strike.

A mental support.

A support full of young supporters.

Late 70s 

A support with punks skinheads.

Not caring what those that were older or im charge thought.

But nowadays push a driver steal a drum sing hullo hullo and you ostracise them.

You're like a mary whitehouse .

Even excusing your anti englishness as enlightened.

Can racist Hearts fans sing their songs at Tynie/away grounds as well or are you going to impose a ban on their songs? Serious question for you.

4 hours ago, vintage1874 said:

I agree. I was in a few boozers in Gorgie just before the Rangers game, most Hearts punters in these pubs were the wrong side of 50. Maybe it's because us Jambo's have a longer life span than the weegies. ;)

1 hour ago, ADAM said:

Can racist Hearts fans sing their songs at Tynie/away grounds as well or are you going to impose a ban on their songs? Serious question for you.

Dont be so stupid.

It might help.

Nobody is suggesting singing any songs of hatred.

You and the likes are driven by an almost evangelical agenda.

And its obvious you have watched braveheart once to often.

Religious politic goes both ways and Scotlands problem with that wont be solved by your shitty agenda against youngsters from Edinburgh.

I laugh at the moral high ground that seems to have formed against Rangers.

As if scottish society played no part.

Take your pishy plastic politics away from Tynecastle.

If you want that grab a bus to those that spend the week making banners about simplistic politic.

Hearts are a football club .

We have had bigoted posts on here alright.

Describing folk as english loving unionists etc etc.

Theres posters on here care more about their little crusade than the future of Hearts.

What do i know......

Im up against folk that think paedo songs and refugee numbers are less offennsive than hullo hullo.

And that english loving is lnot a xenophobic  use of language.

And quite happily indulge the use of calling out a group of people as huns.

A derogatory use of language recognised by anti sectarian organisations.

Practice what you non stop preach

zoltan socrates
2 hours ago, ADAM said:

What was the latest example of racism you can give eminating from our own fans? Serious q for you too

zoltan socrates
6 minutes ago, jake said:

What do i know......

Im up against folk that think paedo songs and refugee numbers are less offennsive than hullo hullo.

They refuse to recognise their hypocracies because they are on thes side of the 'right', same all over society at the moment, creates an interesting  paradox

On 28/10/2017 at 17:49, ramrod said:

Great we've had Budge , CL , the players now we are on to the fans , the fans ffs 

Just be done with it and **** off and support Hibs or some other club . 

You missed out the match programme thread otherwise bang on.

Lack of atmosphere was never solved after the Corner was demolished. No thought was given to where those people could go and congregate after the stadium was rebuilt. Thus, any atmosphere became even more reliant on entertaining football. Poor football = little atmosphere. I am too old now to be a part of a singing section, but I am all for some attempt to bring people who might sing together in one area. Admittedly, it went wrong the last time but I still think it could work. As a youngster in the 70s and 80s, the Corner was a thing of wonder. First, watching it from a distance and then becoming a part of it. Must be a boring experience for youngsters now wanting to be a part of something and then finding that there is nothing to be a part of.    

I agree with a lot of the reasons put forward in this thread, poor team, younger fans, standing etc etc.

This thread is a reflection of the real world. We're a divided support. I may not like the OF but I'm envious that they have a 'cause' that unites their supports.

I've felt a disconnect from the club for a while but I can't put my finger on what that disconnect is. What's worse IMO is the disconnect between the fans and the players.This became really noticeable to me at Dingwall a couple of weeks ago. Not a great performance but we dug in with 10 men and got an important victory. The fans tried to acclaim the team after the final whistle but only Berra and Lafferty came within 50 yards of the support. This really bugged me. In past years the whole team would come to the fans with quite a few of their tops launched into the crowd.

Too many of us were deluded that our cup win finished Hibs. It didn't. In fact I would suggest that their cup win damaged us more than our win damaged them.

A few points. One poster mentioned the atmosphere at Leeds Rhinos and said that the fans there sing and create an atmosphere regardless of what is happening on the pitch. That's exactly what we should be doing: generating the atmosphere rather than waiting for something to happen on the pitch. Sadly it is increasingly true that we only sing when we're winning.

I don't think we realise the difference our vocal support can make, especially at Tynecastle. If the crowd is really behind the team it gives our players a massive lift and is also intimidating for the opposition. But in recent times opposition fans have mocked us for the library atmosphere as we all sit there in silence. The tension builds if we aren't playing well which just heaps pressure on our team. If we want to support our team we need to change this culture. 

A standing section and/or a singing section might help. Having a few more decent songs that people want to sing is essential. But as a first step I would love to see and hear the whole crowd standing and joining in with the Hearts song before kick off. That is a simple thing we can easily do. And not just in the big games but every game.

39 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

What was the latest example of racism you can give eminating from our own fans? Serious q for you too

Unlikely he or sarah o will know.

As none of them are st holders or foh subscribers.

Are they?

Doctor FinnBarr
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

A few points. One poster mentioned the atmosphere at Leeds Rhinos and said that the fans there sing and create an atmosphere regardless of what is happening on the pitch. That's exactly what we should be doing: generating the atmosphere rather than waiting for something to happen on the pitch. Sadly it is increasingly true that we only sing when we're winning.

I don't think we realise the difference our vocal support can make, especially at Tynecastle. If the crowd is really behind the team it gives our players a massive lift and is also intimidating for the opposition. But in recent times opposition fans have mocked us for the library atmosphere as we all sit there in silence. The tension builds if we aren't playing well which just heaps pressure on our team. If we want to support our team we need to change this culture. 

A standing section and/or a singing section might help. Having a few more decent songs that people want to sing is essential. But as a first step I would love to see and hear the whole crowd standing and joining in with the Hearts song before kick off. That is a simple thing we can easily do. And not just in the big games but every game.

I'm with you/other poster on this, I attended a RWD Molenbeek game in Brussels in February (thanks to another poster on here) where the whole stand bounced/sung the whole game (only one stand is open), the players came out with a mic at the end of the game and led the fans in singing, mental stuff but we enjoyed it so much we went back for their last game at the end of April which turned into a title winning party. Maybe helps that beer and wine can be bought in the stadium but everyone sings, no young team needed!

I've been at Tynie in the good/bad old days where the atmosphere was better but I'm looking forward to being back in Molenbeek at the end of November more than I've looked forward to watching Hearts (sorry to say).

15 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Gotta be honest, yesterday was 1 of the worst days I've experienced watching the Hearts in my 41 years of doing so.

Our support has changed massively from what it used to be like. For most games the atmosphere is morgue like & it feels, got whatever reason, like people don't want to get songs or chants going. I remember when we had a pretty passionate support, and in some cases it was also pretty volatile (not saying that's a good thing), but it had guts & humour, gone are the days of making up a chant on the day to take the piss out of oppo players or fans, & every on just sits (even at away games, where most clubs have a sizeable section who stand) & barely utters a peep.

Yesterday sums it up, a coupla half hearted attempts at the Hearts song & a 'you're not Rangers any more' (hardly original, but if enough people give it some welly can be pretty good) & that was it, all while 15k bigots had a field day in the away end - I just found it all a total embarrassment if I'm honest. There's no point coming on here whinging about it, we should've matched them with songs of our own to drown their sectarian pish

Personally 1 of the main reasons I started following Hearts was the support & I really wonder if a young me would do so now? I have to say the answer to that is probably No.

Nelly T, you'll likely get ridiculed for that post. I remember a while back someone dared to suggest we might lose a younger generation due to their support.

This was met with the usual 5-1, big team rhetoric and subjected to ridicule.

Your post rings true to me and if I were a kid deciding between city rivals I would, at the moment, choose Hibs. 

Yes of course I'm a Hobo blah blah blah. Or perhaps I'm just speaking from the heart.

It should have been ten
On 28/10/2017 at 17:08, Thought Police said:

If folk say it’s the quality on the pitch that’s the problem, they’re wrong. It’s been terrible for years. Even when 2-0 up against Hibs in the cup it was pretty dire.

100% this :(

It should have been ten

I honestly believe since Tynecastle became an all seater stadium the atmosphere has never been the same as it used to be. It's maybe affected a lot of clubs in the same way. 

Long gone are the good auld days in the shed, etc. The humour and piss takes of opposition fans and players seems to have dwindled hugely. I'm sure the majority of us miss the singing and comical chants that would brighten a dull and shit game up. I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see us ever getting back to that again and it's a real shame for younger supporters that never experienced those days. I often tell my 15 year old son how it used to be, he probably finds it hard to imagine along with many of today's generation. 

The fans definitely made a massive difference in those days to games, everyone seemed to get behind the team and the noise was unbelievable. 

I miss the auld Tynie sometimes :mellow:

4 hours ago, jake said:

Dont be so stupid.

It might help.

Nobody is suggesting singing any songs of hatred.

You and the likes are driven by an almost evangelical agenda.

And its obvious you have watched braveheart once to often.

Religious politic goes both ways and Scotlands problem with that wont be solved by your shitty agenda against youngsters from Edinburgh.

I laugh at the moral high ground that seems to have formed against Rangers.

As if scottish society played no part.

Take your pishy plastic politics away from Tynecastle.

If you want that grab a bus to those that spend the week making banners about simplistic politic.

Hearts are a football club .

That's the point!!  Hearts are a football club and no-one, young or old, should use it to promote their own political agenda, including bigoted songs like hello hello or racist songs. 

What is it you can't grasp about that? I'm arguing for a neutral/non political position. 

No idea what your Braveheart comment is about, I ain't no nationalist if that's what your implying. Quite the opposite in fact, I've actively fought against the SNP/independence for the last 20yrs.

4 hours ago, jake said:

What do i know......

All these songs are equally offensive no matter what fans sing them be they Hearts, Hibs or Old Firm supporters.

4 hours ago, zoltan socrates said:

I was making a point which was:

Would those that are defending or refusing to condemn Hearts fans who indulge in bigoted singing, including "up to our knees in fenian blood",  also refuse to condemn racist singing.

I'd assume they would condemn racism, and Jake appeared to support that view when he posted stating "don't be stupid nobody is suggesting singing songs of hate".

But that's a contradiction in his and others argument that there should be no challenge to bigoted behaviour from Hearts fans. They argue we should all just accept it and those who do raise it as an issue are attempting to impose some kind of political agenda/control. 

Surely if you accept racism is not acceptable and deemed as 'hate speech'  then so should all forms of sectarianism dislpayed by Hearts fans, and if not why not?

Matthew Le Tissier

Been Said before, but having what is effectively Section G away furthest from the away fans in W5 is mental.

zoltan socrates
4 hours ago, ADAM said:

I was making a point which was:

Would those that are defending or refusing to condemn Hearts fans who indulge in bigoted singing, including "up to our knees in fenian blood",  also refuse to condemn racist singing.

I'd assume they would condemn racism, and Jake appeared to support that view when he posted stating "don't be stupid nobody is suggesting singing songs of hate".

But that's a contradiction in his and others argument that there should be no challenge to bigoted behaviour from Hearts fans. They argue we should all just accept it and those who do raise it as an issue are attempting to impose some kind of political agenda/control. 

Surely if you accept racism is not acceptable and deemed as 'hate speech'  then so should all forms of sectarianism dislpayed by Hearts fans, and if not why not?

Ok, so i will ask again, what is the latest example of racism you can give that has eminated from hearts fans

Hearts fans are totally bi-polar. Giving money to the club and turning up in numbers- 100% best in Scotland. However, giving vocal backing at games and not spitting the dummy after 10 secs - 100% worst in Scotland. Have to have a big word with ourselves 

14 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Hearts fans are totally bi-polar. Giving money to the club and turning up in numbers- 100% best in Scotland. However, giving vocal backing at games and not spitting the dummy after 10 secs - 100% worst in Scotland. Have to have a big word with ourselves 

Im sure you will start the singing this sunday against Killie, ;), i will join in.

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I honestly believe since Tynecastle became an all seater stadium the atmosphere has never been the same as it used to be. It's maybe affected a lot of clubs in the same way. 

Long gone are the good auld days in the shed, etc. The humour and piss takes of opposition fans and players seems to have dwindled hugely. I'm sure the majority of us miss the singing and comical chants that would brighten a dull and shit game up. I really hope I'm wrong but I can't see us ever getting back to that again and it's a real shame for younger supporters that never experienced those days. I often tell my 15 year old son how it used to be, he probably finds it hard to imagine along with many of today's generation. 

The fans definitely made a massive difference in those days to games, everyone seemed to get behind the team and the noise was unbelievable. 

I was trying to find a way of getting that point across but you’ve done it :thumbsup:

The laddish element has gone from the support.

12 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

This post is spot on.

We really need to stop contemplating our naval and get behind the team.

Leave the Police to handle the sectarian and racist bigots. 

It must be just as easy to shout encouragement as to shout abuse.

Maybe we need to challenge the moaners to get behind the team instead.

Not in an aggressive way of course just a polite word.

6 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

Fully agree , like you I try and explain to my daughters what Tynecastle used to be like , I'm not sure they get it. Both of them commented on how we were out sung in the last two big games .

Your comment about HUMOUR AND PISS TAKE of opposition fans and players , sadly that was one of the things the enclosure fans were warned about  when calling Mixu " names" wasn't it? . I remember that fat hibs **** and the French decanter thrower doing a daft we dance in the 6-2 game tho , but I suppose that's okay that they can hand it out but not take it back .

Tynecastle recently has been for the want of a better description too sterile and from what I've witnessed so far , barely a celebration when scoring on Saturday ,a permanent move to Murrayfield under Robinson would've killed us , nice stadium but not for us .

I just think too many turn up to enjoy the experience of actually having a club to watch, and that trumps everything.

We've saved the club, so we have nothing left to fight for.

For example: when it looked like our first home game at Tynie wil be against Partick, everyone was like "oh, that's good news because they helped us when we needed it....blah blah"

**** 'em. They are weegie tits and we need to destroy their pishy wee club on the pitch, not start knitting half and half scarves.

9 hours ago, Jarhead said:

I agree with a lot of the reasons put forward in this thread, poor team, younger fans, standing etc etc.

This thread is a reflection of the real world. We're a divided support. I may not like the OF but I'm envious that they have a 'cause' that unites their supports.

I've felt a disconnect from the club for a while but I can't put my finger on what that disconnect is. What's worse IMO is the disconnect between the fans and the players.This became really noticeable to me at Dingwall a couple of weeks ago. Not a great performance but we dug in with 10 men and got an important victory. The fans tried to acclaim the team after the final whistle but only Berra and Lafferty came within 50 yards of the support. This really bugged me. In past years the whole team would come to the fans with quite a few of their tops launched into the crowd.

Too many of us were deluded that our cup win finished Hibs. It didn't. In fact I would suggest that their cup win damaged us more than our win damaged them.

This is exactly where I am just now.

I actually put forward your last point a while back and was ridiculed.

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I wouldn't disagree with this.  The constant bickering and setting up of pro- and anti- camps has become boring in the extreme.  FFS, we still have a thread with folk arguing about Neilson.  We now have one on Levein.  Every aspect of the stand build has been debated ad nauseum.  I read stuff on here and sometimes think I have little in common with other Hearts fans, until I speak to folk at the games.  Almost as if there are two different groups of supporter out there.

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

I was trying to find a way of getting that point across but you’ve done it :thumbsup:

The laddish element has gone from the support.

Yeah it defo has mate  :food-smiley-004:

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Fully agree , like you I try and explain to my daughters what Tynecastle used to be like , I'm not sure they get it. Both of them commented on how we were out sung in the last two big games .

Your comment about HUMOUR AND PISS TAKE of opposition fans and players , sadly that was one of the things the enclosure fans were warned about  when calling Mixu " names" wasn't it? . I remember that fat hibs **** and the French decanter thrower doing a daft we dance in the 6-2 game tho , but I suppose that's okay that they can hand it out but not take it back .

Tynecastle recently has been for the want of a better description too sterile and from what I've witnessed so far , barely a celebration when scoring on Saturday ,a permanent move to Murrayfield under Robinson would've killed us , nice stadium but not for us .

Agree with you wholeheartedly mate. It's a shame we feel we have to explain to our kids what Tynecastle used to be like, would love for them to have experienced it themself. It's hard to pinpoint why the atmosphere has changed so much. The  "Faatelainenstuff" was a joke, defo double standards. 

I shudder to think what a permanent move to Murrayfield under the Pie man would've been like. It's a fantastic arena but soul destroying watching us play there. 

Generic Username
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

I just think too many turn up to enjoy the experience of actually having a club to watch, and that trumps everything.

We've saved the club, so we have nothing left to fight for.

For example: when it looked like our first home game at Tynie wil be against Partick, everyone was like "oh, that's good news because they helped us when we needed it....blah blah"

**** 'em. They are weegie tits and we need to destroy their pishy wee club on the pitch, not start knitting half and half scarves.

I think that the "lucky to have a club" statement needs to be taken with understanding the context some guys are using it in (I'm not one of them) - where I've seen it used it's not a standalone comment but almost like a bargaining chip to talk guys down off the ledge who are apoplectic after a Hearts defeat, along the lines of "this might feel terrible now, but in the grand scheme of things...". But even then, I don't buy into the notion that that's how tens of thousands of supporters think and feel which drips into the atmosphere on a match day.

Things change. The guys who were creating a bear-pit atmosphere in the 80s are now in their 60s, the boy next to you who was steamboats before every game has a family to think about now, some of those around you just don't let results or performances affect their mood. What appears to be hard to achieve is getting everyone to "coexist" at the game without it turning it into an us vs them mentality. The boys who want to go bananas for 90 minutes shouldn't really be wanting to lay into the folk round about them for not joining in, the folk who want to take the kids along shouldn't get their nose out of joint if they hear a cry of "cut that ******* down" from behind them.

2 hours ago, zoltan socrates said:

Ok, so i will ask again, what is the latest example of racism you can give that has eminated from hearts fans

What do mean 'ok'?

Do you mean 'Ok' you agree with the point/argument I made that it's a contradiction to condemn racism but not agree that bigotry also needs to be challenged. If you don't agree with that point then why not? 

Regarding recent Racist behaviour: there are examples on social media (as discussed in detail on Kickback around the time of the deplorable phoodle/Neilson out campaign). In pubs mainly at away games you still occasionally here the 'Edinburgh is Wonderful song', I challlenged a group singing it at Motherwell around a year ago. General anti-Irish comments.

Nobody would deny that racism at Hearts and football in general has declined massively since the 70/80s, but I'd argue that's because it was challenged by the football authorities, clubs and the fans themselves. Most people would agree you're deemed a bit of an neanderthal if you engage in that kind of crap now.

The orginal point I was making was not that Hearts fans regularly engage in racism but the very opposite, that it's generally quite rare and now viewed by almost everybody as completely unacceptable. Bigotry is on a par with racism and needs to be treated with the same contempt and challenged just as strongly.

3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Your post has elated and depressed me in equal measures.

When I look at the Easter Road crowd I cannot see the difference in demography between us.They seem to have a large proportion of older fans and like us a a growing number of women and girls in their support.Ann Budge 2 seasons ago commented on the high proportion of young people attending our games.

At this time Hibs have a crowd of young lads who are together and are very vocal.They have got themselves organised and are creating a better atmosphere.They are on a roll.

We desperately need to get back to Tyncastle with the new stand.We desperately need a team that excites and some players with the personality to get the crowd going.Lafferty is the only one who comes near.

Wooden pedestrian football gets the support it deserves.

Governor Tarkin
39 minutes ago, ADAM said:

What do mean 'ok'?

Do you mean 'Ok' you agree with the point/argument I made that it's a contradiction to condemn racism but not agree that bigotry also needs to be challenged. If you don't agree with that point then why not? 

Regarding recent Racist behaviour: there are examples on social media (as discussed in detail on Kickback around the time of the deplorable phoodle/Neilson out campaign). In pubs mainly at away games you still occasionally here the 'Edinburgh is Wonderful song', I challlenged a group singing it at Motherwell around a year ago. General anti-Irish comments.

Nobody would deny that racism at Hearts and football in general has declined massively since the 70/80s, but I'd argue that's because it was challenged by the football authorities, clubs and the fans themselves. Most people would agree you're deemed a bit of an neanderthal if you engage in that kind of crap now.

The orginal point I was making was not that Hearts fans regularly engage in racism but the very opposite, that it's generally quite rare and now viewed by almost everybody as completely unacceptable. Bigotry is on a par with racism and needs to be treated with the same contempt and challenged just as strongly.

You come across as angry and frustrated, ADAM.

Perhaps you should just cut loose and join in with the racists and bigots. You'd be amazed at how liberated you'll feel.

So should kickback, rather than discuss the problems, start try to solve it? Surely theres enough maroon blooded fans to start dealing with this?

Im not saying i know the answer, but maybe even organising something with the club about getting younger supporters involved in singing sections?

However, i feel the club is too down the middle for kids atm. 

I loved going to the football in the 90s as a kid because it was a bit edgier than my day to day life. School that is lol

Now most people sit looking for their coupons coming in. 

Only my opinion that is..

4 hours ago, Matthew Le Tissier said:

Been Said before, but having what is effectively Section G away furthest from the away fans in W5 is mental.

I'm sure the club will enlighten us on why this is ?

zoltan socrates
45 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

So should kickback, rather than discuss the problems, start try to solve it? Surely theres enough maroon blooded fans to start dealing with this?

Im not saying i know the answer, but maybe even organising something with the club about getting younger supporters involved in singing sections?

However, i feel the club is too down the middle for kids atm. 

I loved going to the football in the 90s as a kid because it was a bit edgier than my day to day life. School that is lol

Now most people sit looking for their coupons coming in. 

Only my opinion that is..

Decent opinion too, i wonder if murrayfields lack of wifi has a reason behind it

12 hours ago, It should have been ten said:

I hear, and agree, with a lot of this post but the many players and fans that voted Tynecastle  the best away day for atmosphere etc,  are basing that on the all-seated Tynecastle...not the old shed one !

So, if they are basing it on the new stadium, it should be pretty easy to get that accolade back. 

I'd be very surprised if Hibs have more young fans than us, considering we won the biggest derby of all time 5 years ago, went about 15 games unbeaten at the same time and Hibs were relegation material for about 4 seasons until it eventually happened.

Archived