Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

36 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

You are right: they have an edge to them, as all groups of young fans will as that is what makes them exciting and attractive to be part of.

I do not believe for one second our club want that and if a new team was set up then I would wager they would be banned within a year. 

You have said this a few times Tbf in the past and it does appear a factor now

I remember the treatment before with our own fans from AB when she went through the club weeding out what she didn't want at the ground .... yes, ur always going to get wee dicks going to games but we were no different to any other club 

we were more interested with our own reputation within the SFA chambers than what it would actually do with changing the atmosphere at our ground when we went through the weeding out phase 

what really frustrated me was that All of our rivals just left things the way they were and didn't do anything least of all push paying fans away 

we can't have our ground hostile and intimidating for fans of other clubs if we only have mum dad and 2 kids singing nursery rhymes in the stands - that's not being negative - it's just plain fact - of course we want families but being an intimidating ground also helps us on the park 

there has to be a balance at every club and starting a singing section or something like that could reverse this but like the previous post infers, we just don't have the mindset to do something like this at this stage 

Ultimately the atmosphere at games has also been terrific in the past so it's not like we are a shit vocal support ... the support isn't fully connecting with the team on the park at this moment in time .. that's also a factor - when it connects the atmosphere can be unbelievable at times so it's a bit of both imo 

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thought Police
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I remember the treatment before with our own fans from AB when she went through the club weeding out what she didn't want at the ground .... yes, ur always going to get wee dicks going to games but we were no different to any other club 

we were more interested with our own reputation within the SFA chambers than what it would actually do with changing the atmosphere at our ground when we went through the weeding out phase 

what really frustrated me was that All of our rivals just left things the way they were and didn't do anything least of all push paying fans away 

we can't have our ground hostile and intimidating for fans of other clubs if we only have mum dad and 2 kids singing nursery rhymes in the stands - that's not being negative - it's just plain fact - of course we want families but being an intimidating ground also helps us on the park 

there has to be a balance at every club and starting a singing section or something like that could reverse this but like the previous post infers, we just don't have the mindset to do something like this at this stage 

Ultimately the atmosphere at games has also been terrific in the past so it's not like we are a shit vocal support ... the support isn't fully connecting with the team on the park at this moment in time .. that's also a factor - when it connects the atmosphere can be unbelievable at times so it's a bit of both imo 

Pretty much nails it

37 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

I agree. Like it or not, everyone in the home end at Easter Road joined in on Tuesday, whether it’s wee kids, teenagers or pensioners. Even when Tynie is good, too many folk sit on their backsides.

Lets not forget though that Hibs fans are the biggest glory hunters in the world and their attendances will soon be back at 8000

You are probably correct with your last line.

However there does seem to be a unity of purpose at ER at the moment.

The display in the FF stand and the flag wavers being moved to the upper tier of that stand seem to have been organized with the blessing of the club.

They had volunteers in placing the sheets of tinsel or whatever  on the seats before the stadium opened to the public.

They could not have done that without the clubs approval.

Any chance of JKB and hearts fans doing something for the NY Derby and any chance of our stiff upper lip fans and board agreeing to it ?

3 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Excellent post and I fully agree. 

I think Ann misjudged it in thinking that it was possible to retain the incredible, and unique atmosphere of Tynecastle whilst getting rid of any hostility. That, quite simply, is not possible as football thrives on passion, hostility and also 90 minute hatred. 

I also think Ann thought that it was possible to get rid of anyone who didnt match the "perfect fan" model as there was huge demand for tickets. Ban 100 and the next (better suited and behaved) 100 take their place. 

5 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think Ann misjudged it in thinking that it was possible to retain the incredible, and unique atmosphere of Tynecastle whilst getting rid of any hostility. That, quite simply, is not possible as football thrives on passion, hostility and also 90 minute hatred. 

I also think Ann thought that it was possible to get rid of anyone who didnt match the "perfect fan" model as there was huge demand for tickets. Ban 100 and the next (better suited and behaved) 100 take their place. 

And whether anyone thinks it's right or wrong I think ur 2nd paragraph pretty much nails it 

I dont know if it is a rule within football or just our PC club but they will not sell tickets to unaccompanied children under the age of 13.

I started to go to the football with my dad but by the time I was eleven I wanted to go with my pals and we just paid at the gate.

I joined in with the "choir" behind the goals,we changed ends at Half Time, fought with the opposition fans at the half way line,we threw toilet rolls on to the pitch when the teams came out and best of all sang our hearts out. Great fun and none of which I could have done sitting well behaved with my parents.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is if other clubs are seen to be more fun for youngsters then we will lose the youth.

3 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Our three song repertoire was embarrassing at Easter Road.

better than unionist loving biggited shite

4 hours ago, ADAM said:

Garbage...bigots are scum, utter scum whether they put a Rangers, Celtic or Hearts scarf round their neck. End of.

What next racism and throwing bananas at black players, would that be ok because the 'young lads' want a laugh?

Or how about some racist songs if the tunes are good?

[admin edit]

Ok because typing can lead to ambiguity i will clarify.

Although there was some sectarian tunes the ones that got sang loudest were not and were new to my ears.

The boys in that boozer were younger and had the buzz that i as a youngster got.

I feel that the club needs to acvomodate these guys.

You carry on with your agenda.

I want hearts to have a future.

Bigotry and sectarianism is not for HMFC to sort out.

Who can deny their best days of supporting the club were formed with other lads having a ball.

Yet some would see lifetime bans for stealing drums.

Anyway wont return the namecalling as you are obviously a big man.

4 minutes ago, jake said:

Ok because typing can lead to ambiguity i will clarify.

Although there was some sectarian tunes the ones that got sang loudest were not and were new to my ears.

The boys in that boozer were younger and had the buzz hyoourself.that i as a youngster got.

I feel that the club needs to acvomodate these guys.

You carry on with your agenda.

I want hearts to have a future.

Bigotry and sectarianism is not for HMFC to sort out.

Who can deny their best days of supporting the club were formed with other lads having a ball.

Yet some would see lifetime bans for stealing drums.

Anyway wont return the namecalling as you are obviously a big man.

Yeah right our bright future is to accomodate bigots and sectarianism. What next Racist hospitality suites.

47 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

If you can remember back though BB at one point the young team were waving their flags in a rather vigorous fashion, blocking people's view and wearing rather gaudy jackets. Ann had no option but to act. I also remember being told on here that her actions against her own fans was laying the ground rules to have a full frontal assault on the Old Firm mutants, how's that panning out ?

13 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

better than unionist loving biggited shite

Gee it a rest.

There isnae half some posters with a one track mind.

Nobody is saying that bigoted songs are good.

But your labelling of unionist loving bigots says exactly what your agenda is.

Oh btw im pro indy to but HMFC is not the battleground for that.

Just now, ADAM said:

Yeah right our bright future is to accomodate bigots and sectarianism. What next Racist hospitality suites.

You indeed are the bigot

Refusing to see others points of view.

Away and take your agenda away from Hearts.

We are a football club not anti unionist not anti catholic .

A football club where young laddies sing daft songs.

Get a grip .

3 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

If you can remember back though BB at one point the young team were waving their flags in a rather vigorous fashion, blocking people's view and wearing rather gaudy jackets. Ann had no option but to act. I also remember being told on here that her actions against her own fans was laying the ground rules to have a full frontal assault on the Old Firm mutants, how's that panning out ?

They stole a drum dontcha know.

Crime was rampant

3 hours ago, Spencer said:

Cowie or Djoum aren't the answer either though.

Realistically we need about 10 in and 10 out in January. We're seeing with each passing week that we've got numerous players in our squad absolutely incapable of making a meaningful contribution 

You really are boring. 10 in and 10 out. Ridiculous.   We need a left back, an attacking midfielder and perhaps some experience on the wing.  The 10 and 10 out in January thing is part of the reason we are where we are now. 

That said I would happily see the back of Grezlak, Nowak, Buaben, Stockton, Martin and Noring.  

36 minutes ago, jake said:

You indeed are the bigot

Get a grip .

Spot on. 

47 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

Good point and well made. We now act strenuously against opposition fans who act in a manner we do not agree with. Dont we?? 

Was thinking earlier, I love our traditional songs and agree that some songs other fans sing are so repetitive and overused.

But, that Rangers end today was bouncing, because of said songs. Celtic and Hibs ends seem to be bouncing when we play them.

We sing with gusto sometimes, but some fans  must think we're a right bunch of miserable ****s.

This post has some merit as I said the same coming home on the train.  The negativity is apparent as soon as you walk through the turnstiles.  Yes, the team is toilet at the moment but the negative atmosphere won't help the young players express themselves.  Rangers are toilet too but they backed their team vocally (yes with vile singing) but at least it helped their team get a head of steam up.  I remember when Hibs got relegated, there was some commentary around the atmosphere in the ground contributing to the team not winning being poor.

i think Levein should come out and admit we are toiling but need the supporters to back us positively and vocally for the next 7 home games to try and give us s chance of getting to January with something to still play for.  Football changes quickly but if we lose a few of these 'winnable' home games coming up, there will be no 4th Derby at Tynie in May.

50 minutes ago, ADAM said:

He said that the new songs were NOT sectarian.  NOT SECTARIAN.  In case you missed it. 

We need a new young team, a new singing section, no question. 

21 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

You really are boring. 10 in and 10 out. Ridiculous.   We need a left back, an attacking midfielder and perhaps some experience on the wing.  The 10 and 10 out in January thing is part of the reason we are where we are now. 

That said I would happily see the back of Grezlak, Nowak, Buaben, Stockton, Martin and Noring.  

There are at least 10 that need moved on and given we're playing kids, we probably need around 10 to replace the gash we need to move out

I fully agree that it's a ridiculous situation 

Thought that the atmosphere was pish at the game. Rangers area had a constant bounce to it apart from for 5-10 mins after our goal. I'm not suggesting we should sing the bile they come out with but it would be nice if we could get our songs going. Loudest home song of the day was "You're not Rangers anymore".

52 minutes ago, jake said:

You indeed are the bigot

Get a grip .

Oh give it a rest eh!

We're a football club open to all. It's galling that people use the club to promote their own bigoted/political views.

Their not 'daft songs' their bigoted/racist crap that don't represent the club or its supporters.

Leave your personal views at the turnstiles  - what's wrong with that?

What part of the above is it that you don't get/ understrand?

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

I dont know if it is a rule within football or just our PC club but they will not sell tickets to unaccompanied children under the age of 13.

The TO also refused to let me buy a ticket for my mate as it was a Cat A game and he hadn't been to a match in the last two seasons. The reason given by the lad behind the counter was that it was to stop Rangers fans buying tickets for the Hearts game. Seems dumb, particularly when you consider that there was gaps in the Rangers end.

Anyone know if this is a Hearts rule or a police rule?

15 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Good point and well made. We now act strenuously against opposition fans who act in a manner we do not agree with. Dont we?? 

We certainly do. We increase their allocation by anywhere between 100-1000 %. Ann made a judgement call and decided that 90 minutes of sectarian bile was a small price to pay for reducing or stand overspend. 

9 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Oh give it a rest eh!

We're a football club open to all. It's galling that people use the club to promote their own bigoted/political views.

Their not 'daft songs' their bigoted/racist crap that don't represent the club or its supporters.

Leave your personal views at the turnstiles  - what's wrong with that?

What part of the above is it that you don't get/ understrand?

You are the one going on about unionists.

I have no trouble seperating my politics from football.

And although im getting on a bit i remember being young .

Out with mates going to the game being loud .

I understand full well.

Going to the games is part of young culture in Scotland.

Let them get on with it.

7 minutes ago, Paul Shark said:

We certainly do. We increase their allocation by anywhere between 100-1000 %. Ann made a judgement call and decided that 90 minutes of sectarian bile was a small price to pay for reducing or stand overspend. 

Indeed. So dealing with our own fans harshly had absolutely 0% effect on dealing with opposition fans (mainly the OF). Brilliant move, just amazing.  

Just now, jake said:

You are the one going on about unionists.

I have no trouble seperating my politics from football.

And although im getting on a bit i remember being young .

Out with mates going to the game being loud .

I understand full well.

Going to the games is part of young culture in Scotland.

Let them get on with it.

I've never used the word 'unionists' so not sure what you mean. 

Yeah being young, loud, singing etc but not being bigoted that's the issue. Motherwell/Hibs/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd etc all manage to creats a noise/atmosphere without the crap.

25 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Rangers fans “applauded” after our first attempt at a song. Tbh I thought their fans were excellent. 

Rangers fans are ‘excellent’. :wow:

17 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The lodge.

Funny. Funny as ****.

5 minutes ago, ADAM said:

I've never used the word 'unionists' so not sure what you mean. 

Yeah being young, loud, singing etc but not being bigoted that's the issue. Motherwell/Hibs/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd etc all manage to creats a noise/atmosphere without the crap.

Sorry .

It was sarah o who used that.

Didnt read anyone condoning sectarian songs.

I metioned some in a pub.

Big deal.

Group of young men out on the lash before a derby.

43 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

14000 life bans from Tynecastle after today.

I expect the SFA/SPFL to take action..

but I won't hold my breath?

5 hours ago, Spencer said:

He's right though 

What a complete mess we're in 

It is easier for them to reply to the poster than the point made. Highlights the lack of any arguement/debate.

Nobody was ever against a singing section, although some people were against drums. I'm not mad keen on them myself but if one appears, so be it.

Ann Budge hasn't done anything to affect the 'atmosphere' and I think it's a lame and awfy flaky excuse to suggest she has. People even seem to believe this "can't even swear anymore" nonsense. The atmosphere is in our hands, it's not her fault if we don't create any and removing a tiny handful of teens (wasn't it temporarily?) didn't affect the other 14,000 season ticket holders plus walk ups from doing their thing.  It's easier to just try and pin it on her though, of course. That's the part I find pretty pathetic.

I know the young ones prefer it when they're rebelling against something or whatever, but I don't see anything to rebel against. People would love a song or ten, they just have to not be songs that aren't sectarian or bigoted. Then they'd have buy in. It's not rocket science. They'd also maybe need to watch their social media activity more carefully.

People sing when they're happy. If they're not singing, there's probably a reason. I don't think the singing is one of our major issues tbh.

18 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Not singing goes back years. I think doing away with standing was the real trigger as sitting is just rubbish. 

Brings back the issue of a standing area......   Be great if one of the corners could be used...

38 minutes ago, jake said:

Sorry .

It was sarah o who used that.

Didnt read anyone condoning sectarian songs.

I metioned some in a pub.

Big deal.

Group of young men out on the lash before a derby.

You're condoning sectarian songs (albeit in a pub) by saying 'Big deal. Group of young men on the lash before a derby".

What if it was racist songs, would you also just say 'Big deal. Group of young Hearts supporters having a few drinks before the derby' or would you think that's unacceptable?

8 minutes ago, ADAM said:

You're condoning sectarian songs (albeit in a pub) by saying 'Big deal. Group of young men on the lash before a derby".

What if it was racist songs, would you also just say 'Big deal. Group of young Hearts supporters having a few drinks before the derby' or would you think that's unacceptable?

They were singing hullo hullo and born under a union jack. 

Not something id join in with these days but aye nae big deal.

Racist chants have been forthcoming from hibs though .

Yet you hold them as some kind of example.

Anyway i will leave you to it.

No doubt in a few weeks someone else will hear a few daft laddies singin a song that sets you off like a rocket.

It's a good OP. The atmosphere has been poor for a while now. Generally as a support, there is a lot of negativity towards drums, young teams, new songs, anything that might help create a bit of atmosphere if jkb is used a barometer. Someone posts a suggestion on how to improve it, its like a w@#kfest on who will be the first to shoot it down. 

7 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Watching shite like that is hard to get behind. Fans not the problem, the coaching staff need bolted and get people in who how to win football matches 

I'm with you 1000%

If we have nothing to cheer we ain't going to cheer.

We pay money to be entertained. No entertainment=no atmosphere.

The sooner the prices of Scottish football come down to a reasonable price the better (i.e £15 an adult). Paying £30 for that garbage today was a joke. I couldn't care it we are in transition, £30 is £30. For some people that's a week worth of food. 

wattie exploited

if we had something to actually sing about like some good ****ing football I am sure there would be loads of singing for the team but when we are watching pure crap football that is just not going to happen even if we had a small passage of good play that would get the support singing instead of moaning about the football that we are getting on show right now !!!!!!!!!

There are some absolute zoomers who have the idea that fans are going to become happy clappers and sing songs when the football on show is utter shite.  That didn't happen prior to Hillsbourough and crowds voted with their feet - I remember being at a league game at Tynie with about 4000 in the 90s, possibly either under Frail or Tommy McLean.

August Landmesser
8 hours ago, Gambo said:

Whoever decided to spread 18000 fans over 3 stands needs their jotters.

Wait til we're back at Tynie, there'll be 20000 spread over four stands. Nightmare...

bringbakterracing
6 hours ago, Paul Shark said:

Waving flags and wearing gaudy jackets!!! Seriously???

Big Slim Stylee
42 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

And don't forget pushing a bus driver! Absolute anarchy, so it is. 

2 hours ago, bringbakterracing said:

Sarcasm at its finest more like .. 

Archived