Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 16:56, HMFC-chris said:

Our fans are shite. Blame the ****ing team for that tho

There speaks the wimp entitlement culture.

You wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes in the 70's.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100% correct. Some newish fans have been a bit spoilt. We’re at that stage (again) where we simply have to roll the sleeves up and support the team so they come out stronger at the other side. Time and place -  that’s all 

Noise in a stadium is usually a reflection of what is on the pitch. Get more players who have the heart of Paul Hartley, Rudi and Elvis and we'd soon have the fans making noise.

Hearts have always had more than our share of torn-faced moaners. Shouting at officials, and especially our own players, is not support for the team...

The negative types have a job to do too. We always hear of how intimidating Tynecastle is for opposition players. Their job is to keep that up, and NOT make Tynecastle intimidating for OUR players, especially the younger ones...

Remember those Dutch guys from last season who got an atmosphere going simply by banging the advertising boards?  Maybe we could hire them?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Maybe we could get behind the team this week because we are all Hearts. All of us

Thought Police
43 minutes ago, Haken said:

Remember those Dutch guys from last season who got an atmosphere going simply by banging the advertising boards?  Maybe we could hire them?

That was great, and also damning that people in the stadium seemed to be so confused.

31 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

That was great, and also damning that people in the stadium seemed to be so confused.

The folk trying join in and clap were all over the place. :lol: 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe we could get behind the team this week because we are all Hearts. All of us

DDA288ED-9A4A-489A-900B-6EAC810E6212.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

The folk trying join in and clap were all over the place. :lol: 

But we got there eventually and it actually ended up kind of working.  Was a good laugh.  Maybe as a support we take ourselves a wee bit too seriously, sometimes in a we're-here-to-criticize rather than we're-here-to-support kind of fashion. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
33 minutes ago, Haken said:

But we got there eventually and it actually ended up kind of working.  Was a good laugh.  Maybe as a support we take ourselves a wee bit too seriously, sometimes in a we're-here-to-criticize rather than we're-here-to-support kind of fashion. 

We need to get over the myth we should be challenging harder. Maybe if we can get over that we can release some pressure, be happy and actually launch a challenge instead of the constant self pitying angry pish  since we got PROMOTED. In capitals because we did actually go into the 2nd tier. Maybe Hibs fans are happier because they took the medicine and for a prolonged period.

We seem too keen to drum out half decent players because they don't turn out to be world beaters and those entering through the revolving door are often worse.

MacDonald Jardine
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

We need to get over the myth we should be challenging harder. Maybe if we can get over that we can release some pressure, be happy and actually launch a challenge instead of the constant self pitying angry pish  since we got PROMOTED. In capitals because we did actually go into the 2nd tier. Maybe Hibs fans are happier because they took the medicine and for a prolonged period.

We seem too keen to drum out half decent players because they don't turn out to be world beaters and those entering through the revolving door are often worse.

Don't forget Hibs recent cup record. 

That's had a massive feel good effect.

Also combined with their derby record. 

32 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

most of our fams cannae even simg our amthem at the correct tempo!

Are you eating digestive biscuits by any chance?

4 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Are you eating digestive biscuits by any chance?

:gok:

Awful typing aye. Tiny phone. 

1 minute ago, Sarah O said:

:gok:

Awful typing aye. Tiny phone. 

Get that myself sometimes, but it's fat finger syndrome with me.:laugh:

3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

most of our fams cannae even simg our amthem at the correct tempo!

I seriously doubt you go to many games.

9 hours ago, jake said:

I seriously doubt you go to many games.

On the basis of?

33 minutes ago, jake said:

Well do You?

Been to more games that you've had hot dinners.

Not hard though since I assume you're about 13.

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Lol

1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

Off the top of my head, i've probably had about 18,000 hot dinners, which means more games than Hearts have played in their history.

PHM !

17 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Don't forget Hibs recent cup record. 

That's had a massive feel good effect.

Also combined with their derby record. 

Their incredible run of one cup win in 115 years has them bouncing.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm right behind the lads this weekend. We need to get a win, be wonderful if we could create a right good vibe for hopefully our final game in limbo. Head home happy

29 minutes ago, Boab said:

Off the top of my head, i've probably had about 18,000 hot dinners, which means more games than Hearts have played in their history.

PHM !

Salad dodger.

maroonlegions
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Their incredible run of one cup win in 115 years has them bouncing.

And creaming themselves at a 8 game unbeaten run.

They would have self combusted if they had our  derby records of 22 and 17 game unbeaten runs.

spontaneous_combustion_by_bizibit[1].jpg

I’d be in favour of a singing section, I’d even be OK with a drum.....but only if the person playing it can actually play it.

anyway it’d be great to get Tynecastle to be a cauldron. But it has to be done without the sectarian and racist nonsense that has been rolled out at away games. 

Ive also seen a lot on twitter of folk moaning that our support are boring old etc. Young guys need to also show a bit of respect to these boring old so & so’s. These boys have been there, done it. Just because they don’t jump around now doesn’t mean they aren’t allowed to go.

But yes let’s start getting right behind the team and make some noise.

The Shed Floodlight

Aberdeen when they were successful had a term for their fans known as 'sweetie rustlers' as they were so quiet, we are in danger of becoming the same as our hierarchy want us to feel like we are in the library or in the cinema,  I think headmistress Budge needs to dismiss the young team from their detention room she has locked them up in and let them into the stands again to create some sort of atmosphere..  

Miss the mid-late 70s/early 80s when you just laughed at the pish being dished up on the park, inbetween going on the riot.

6 hours ago, The Shed Floodlight said:

Aberdeen when they were successful had a term for their fans known as 'sweetie rustlers' as they were so quiet, we are in danger of becoming the same as our hierarchy want us to feel like we are in the library or in the cinema,  I think headmistress Budge needs to dismiss the young team from their detention room she has locked them up in and let them into the stands again to create some sort of atmosphere..  

Some people seem to be incapable of grasping the correlation between a shite team on the pitch and no atmosphere and an attacking team with the fans behind them.

If you are so keen to sing when our team is shite then join a church choir.

• 3 weeks later...

It'll unfortunately never return to the day's when we had a vocal support as there's too much in the "You can't sing that" section now. 

250884-premier-league-hibs-v-hearts-1-2-easter-road-edinburgh-hearts-bjky2y.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Jeering Goncalves fits this thread well I think 

Given he cost us the three points, I think the jeering was justified.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No it's not. Not even close. Utterly embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Hearts lad said:

It'll unfortunately never return to the day's when we had a vocal support as there's too much in the "You can't sing that" section now. 

250884-premier-league-hibs-v-hearts-1-2-easter-road-edinburgh-hearts-bjky2y.jpg

I wonder just how many of our support were or could have been in that picture or one like it.I was and became an oap 2 days ago.You have to remember the old quiet guy that sits beside or near you was probably well into the mayhem we loved and is no longer tolerated.

2 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I wonder just how many of our support were or could have been in that picture or one like it.I was and became an oap 2 days ago.You have to remember the old quiet guy that sits beside or near you was probably well into the mayhem we loved and is no longer tolerated.

We don't have to be mental like then  just to make a noise though Norrie. 

I know mate but you know where I'm coming from.How many people with young families went then.I don't think we know where to draw the line and make a noise that's acceptable to all.If someone has the answer I'll listen.

On 02/11/2017 at 00:05, colinmaroon said:

There speaks the wimp entitlement culture.

You wouldn't have lasted 30 minutes in the 70's.

Oh ffs.. give that a rest Colin... I was there too..  this constant crap about accepting mediocrity and and claiming "you weren't there in the 70's"? get a grip man.. there speaks a loser

16 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No it's not. Not even close. Utterly embarrassing. 

His performance was embaressing Mauricio for what he gets paid... Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey... sweat doesn't show on that lazy sod's jersey

Placid Casual
10 minutes ago, Guffers said:

Oh ffs.. give that a rest Colin... I was there too..  this constant crap about accepting mediocrity and and claiming "you weren't there in the 70's"? get a grip man.. there speaks a loser

:lol: That’s him telt.

13 minutes ago, Guffers said:

His performance was embaressing Mauricio for what he gets paid... Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey... sweat doesn't show on that lazy sod's jersey

Lazy you say. Guy puts in a shift every week.

I was singing today, to myself but still counts, anyone eise start some chants.

Anyway whos bright idea was to have the rugby at nearly the same time.

49 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The fans were on his back from the first whistle again. 

15 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Lazy you say. Guy puts in a shift every week.

He's 20 yards offside after every attack. I feel sorry for the guy because he's got ability that just doesn't show through enough, but he's definitely not up to pace 

The treatment Isma gets from a section of our support is really disappointing and unjustified . There are a lot of players in the current squad who have contributed a lot less this season but don't get nearly the sort of grief that Isma puts up with. Yes sometimes things don't come  off for him but he always offers himself for the ball and he always looks dangerous. And he is certainly not lazy. 

Thought the treatment from some against Goncalves was utterly embarrassing against County today! He may miss a few chances in games but at least he doesn't hide and if something doesn't come off, he gets stuck in again, unlike others who hate the thought of taking responsibility. And remember...if it wasn't for his goals we'd be further down the league still. I understand fans getting on a player's back if he's not trying, I've wanted players subbed plenty times over the years/decades for looking like he's not giving a fork, but never berated someone who has at least shown he's working his arse off. 

Just now, jambonian said:

Thought the treatment from some against Goncalves was utterly embarrassing against County today! He may miss a few chances in games but at least he doesn't hide and if something doesn't come off, he gets stuck in again, unlike others who hate the thought of taking responsibility. And remember...if it wasn't for his goals we'd be further down the league still. I understand fans getting on a player's back if he's not trying, I've wanted players subbed plenty times over the years/decades for looking like he's not giving a fork, but never berated someone who has at least shown he's working his arse off. 

Well said mate. 

On 03/11/2017 at 11:39, Boab said:

PHM !

Then surely as a 50+ year old you should have been through the bad times and be pragmatic enought to see the bigger picture and focus your frustration correctly not on other members of the forum?

14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Agree. Very frustrating player and had a bit of a mare today, but the meet at the sub was a joke. As was thwell booing after an actual half decent performance. 

Archived