Our fans are pretty shite

fabienleclerq

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

The fans are shite just now because Levein and his coach's lackies are clueless.

The fans have no belief and that is all down to the team and it's staff.

Budge hasn't a clue about football management and is in Leveins pocket. What he comes out with she will back him. Watching Hearts is murder and painful for anyone who loves Hearts.

Good post

fabienleclerq
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Great we've had Budge , CL , the players now we are on to the fans , the fans ffs 

Just be done with it and **** off and support Hibs or some other club . 

Why would I do that? Do you think our fans create a good atmosphere? We barely sing and to me that's always been part of going to the football.

Folk blaming the team on the park but ive watched numerous shite Hearts teams backed by a noisey support.

We need the singing section brought back when we return to Tynecastle.

I would open up the Roseburn stand to anyone who wants to sit there for that purpose.

Anyone wanting to take part could contact the club to swap their seats. 

The whole pre and half time match presentation needs a more football orientated feel rather than pop songs i would prefer a  football related  theme.

Other clubs fans groups also seem to be more organised than ours. The Hibs display the other night was well organised and I would imagine rather inexpensive.

I realize it was easier for the Hibs supporters because their team was on top and winning but I feel our fans were poor.  Seemed incapable of singing anything other than songs that were more suited to Ibrox. Today we had the odd verse of the Hearts song but not much more.

7 minutes ago, Deek said:

We need to consume

more alcohol

Agreed.

would get us singing more as well as numbing the pain of watching that garbage.

fabienleclerq
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Only a matter of time before someone blamed the fans ffs

Another one...

can an you quote where anyone is "blaming" the fans. I'm saying we don't sing or give vocal backing. If you disagree you either don't go to games or have some hearing issues.

We could also stop berating players at the slightest thing.

Some folk just seem to go to the football to have a moan.

We are going through a bad patch we need the fans to get behind the team. The bread and butter games against the likes of Killie and Ross County are  games that we must be winning. A good vociferous support would make all the difference.

27 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Been saying it for years on here. Was at that shithole on Tues and they had several hundred with flags drum etc and it works. Our PC, timid fans really don't want anything like that. Every team in the league outsings us at every game. Fact. 

And I will mention it again, when we were on bones of our arse years ago, getting gubbed every week, we had a noisy,  vociferous support.  Soft as shite hearts fans now!

What was it that Hibs fans did that wasn’t ‘PC’ in creating their atmosphere the Hearts fans wouldn’t accept? I was there btw, I didn’t see anything. They created a more than decent atmosphere backing their side and their players with new songs and some stolen from elsewhere and adapted, whereas our end were up to their knees in fenian blood several times and created no atmosphere. 

According to you, because the Hearts fans sang a sectarian non-PC song, our end should’ve been rocking whilst theirs was crap. Didn’t seem like that to me.

If you want to you could either sing, create new songs about the team & players that folk want to join in with, or go with the same tired auld trope Rangers have built their fan base on - as we’ve seen today (and with Celtic), anything goes. Nothing ever happens to the clubs, TV companies just turn the volume down, so if you want to sing that stuff, crack on and enjoy yourself and we’ll see if there are any knock-on effects.

I keep seeing the word ‘soft’ too. Should we be forced to wear Stone Island, and punctuate every sentence with **** and ^^^^ before we get in? Pwopah.

3 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Garbage...bigots are scum, utter scum whether they put a Rangers, Celtic or Hearts scarf round their neck. End of.

What next racism and throwing bananas at black players, would that be ok because the 'young lads' want a laugh?

Or how about some racist songs if the tunes are good?

Give it a rest you p×××, 

It's greetin faced ***** like you that have totally ruined the atmosphere at our matches, weird how we never struggled to get any atmosphere years ago eh. 

26 minutes ago, Deek said:

We need to consume

more alcohol

I confidently predict a crazy atmosphere at the next derby for the very simple reason that it's a 7.45pm fixture during the Christmas holidays.

Bouncing !

Rodger Mellie
6 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Why would I do that? Do you think our fans create a good atmosphere? We barely sing and to me that's always been part of going to the football.

Folk blaming the team on the park but ive watched numerous shite Hearts teams backed by a noisey support.

Exactly. 

We have not had a decent vocal support since the the late eighties/early 90's, bar the 05/06 season.

Changed days with modern football etc but you don't large groups of younger fans watching Hearts these days, which is a pity and probably a concern for the future.

Would be good to try and get a singing section going again, so long as nobody gets involved singing any sectarian nonsense. Tynecastle definitely needs something to get the atmosphere going. A noisy and encouraging home support is what is needed right now to help lift the players (and I get the players have to try a leg too).

3 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

It's greetin faced ***** like you that have totally ruined the atmosphere at our matches, weird how we never struggled to get any atmosphere years ago eh. 

Which part of his post did you disagree with?

fabienleclerq
Just now, Rodger Mellie said:

Exactly. 

We have not had a decent vocal support since the the late eighties/early 90's, bar the 05/06 season.

Changed days with modern football etc but you don't large groups of younger fans watching Hearts these days, which is a pity and probably a concern for the future.

Would be good to try and get a singing section going again, so long as nobody gets involved singing any sectarian nonsense. Tynecastle definitely needs something to get the atmosphere going. A noisy and encouraging home support is what is needed right now to help lift the players (and I get the players have to try a leg too).

Tbf to the players I don't watch them and think they aren't trying the just aren't good enough for Hearts or we certainly aren't getting the best out of them. But I'm in agreement with everything.

1 minute ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Exactly. 

As a club, we do nothing to attract teenage fans and appear not to particularly want them, despite the fact that they would most probably turn in to loyal, ST holders throughout the years. 

We appear to want to attract families (far, far less loyal when the team isnt winning) who will not cause any problems at all for the club. 

That is one of the reasons why the atmosphere is so bad. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Whoever decided to spread 18000 fans over 3 stands needs their jotters.

It still couldve worked to an extent if the east upper wasnt open. Although that raises the issue of putting people (like myself) in a seat that doesnt really correspond that much to the seating plan at Tynecastle. Not that I care where I sit, id be happy to go a wee bit out of place in the lower if it meant fans were more compact and able to get the atmosphere going

Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

As a club, we do nothing to attract teenage fans and appear not to particularly want them, despite the fact that they would most probably turn in to loyal, ST holders throughout the years. 

We appear to want to attract families (far, far less loyal when the team isnt winning) who will not cause any problems at all for the club. 

I’m sure the club would love both, but they need to be sat in separate areas. Something for the end of the season maybe.

Rodger Mellie
4 minutes ago, Hearts lad said:

To be honest I think the demographics of our support have changed a lot since those days. Most of the the people that used to sing back then either don't go anymore or are older (and more mature) and probably not up for singing.

We need young supporters to do what fans of Hibs, Motherwell etc are doing and create new (non sectarian) songs and get behind the team. 

Tokyo Drifter

At the St Johnstone game I could hear the players shouting on the pitch. Can't remember ever hearing the players at Tynie. It'll make a huge difference when we get back there.

7 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I’m sure the club would love both, but they need to be sat in separate areas. Something for the end of the season maybe.

I am less convinced than you are that the club would love an "ultras" group. I strongly believe they would see it as a potential for trouble/hassle and would prefer to give it a miss. They demonstrated this with their handling of the young team previously. 

bringbakterracing
21 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

What was it that Hibs fans did that wasn’t ‘PC’ in creating their atmosphere the Hearts fans wouldn’t accept? I was there btw, I didn’t see anything. They created a more than decent atmosphere backing their side and their players with new songs and some stolen from elsewhere and adapted, whereas our end were up to their knees in fenian blood several times and created no atmosphere. 

According to you, because the Hearts fans sang a sectarian non-PC song, our end should’ve been rocking whilst theirs was crap. Didn’t seem like that to me.

If you want to you could either sing, create new songs about the team & players that folk want to join in with, or go with the same tired auld trope Rangers have built their fan base on - as we’ve seen today (and with Celtic), anything goes. Nothing ever happens to the clubs, TV companies just turn the volume down, so if you want to sing that stuff, crack on and enjoy yourself and we’ll see if there are any knock-on effects.

I keep seeing the word ‘soft’ too. Should we be forced to wear Stone Island, and punctuate every sentence with **** and ^^^^ before we get in? Pwopah.

Never said hibs fans were un PC but they have an edge to them. They're embracing their young lads, they have more than 3 songs, they outsing us home and away. As a support we are embarrassing. Think a lot of our fans need thicker skin, my son and his mates aren't interested in going just now, and I'm sure it's the same with loads of kids.  It's boring,  simple as that. 

bringbakterracing
1 minute ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I am less convinced than you are that the club would love an "ultras" group. I strongly believe they would see it as a potential for trouble/hassle and would prefer to give it a miss. They demonstrated this with their handling of the young team previously. 

Agree,  all budge wants is families and happy clappers. 

Rodger Mellie
5 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think it would be folly of Hearts to disregard the younger fans. A lot of potential young football fans in Edinburgh whose parents are not Hearts fans may be lost to Hibs. As a youngster, belonging to a group, and excitement/ atmosphere is what football is about. Going to ER and being part of Hibs' ultra fan group is probably more appealing than going to a game at Tynecastle.

1 minute ago, bringbakterracing said:

Never said hibs fans were un PC but they have an edge to them. They're embracing their young lads, they have more than 3 songs, they outsing us home and away. As a support we are embarrassing. Think a lot of our fans need thicker skin, my son and his mates aren't interested in going just now, and I'm sure it's the same with loads of kids.  It's boring,  simple as that. 

You are right: they have an edge to them, as all groups of young fans will as that is what makes them exciting and attractive to be part of.

I do not believe for one second our club want that and if a new team was set up then I would wager they would be banned within a year. 

4 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Unfortunately true. 

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Whoever decided to spread 18000 fans over 3 stands needs their jotters.

I think supporters are located approximetly to where their Tynecastle season tickets are , makes sense to me.

55 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

after watching Hearts for over 50 years it's always been ups and downs and certainly I have written off this season as clearly we are investing in the ground and not the team. In a few years we will see the benefit of what we are achieving just now but too many fans with short memories in our support these days. HHGH

:thumbsup::clap:

I think it would be folly of Hearts to disregard the younger fans. A lot of potential young football fans in Edinburgh whose parents are not Hearts fans may be lost to Hibs. As a youngster, belonging to a group, and excitement/ atmosphere is what football is about. Going to ER and being part of Hibs' ultra fan group is probably more appealing than going to a game at Tynecastle.

Totally agree. I have been saying this for months and months. For teenagers we would be a pretty boring option compared to Hibs, the Union Bears or the Green Brigade. 

As a result we will be losing out on the fans of the future. 

Rodger Mellie
4 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

Unfortunately I can see Herats losing a lot younger fans to Hibs just now. Sadly, for a youngster ER is way more appealing than Tynecastle at the moment. We need some excitement and atmosphere back into Tynecastle. 

Fans are not the problem. However we do not help the players. No catchy chants or anything, just the usual song and which die after a few lines. 

Big Slim Stylee
33 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Garbage...bigots are scum, utter scum whether they put a Rangers, Celtic or Hearts scarf round their neck. End of.

What next racism and throwing bananas at black players, would that be ok because the 'young lads' want a laugh?

Or how about some racist songs if the tunes are good?

Give it a rest you p×××, 

Why is it you only turn up on threads like this one? Spouting your own very particular brand of self-righteousness?

You may well have a point, but the way you try and make your point entirely dilutes the message.

You just come across as a bit of a moany twat.

2 minutes ago, bringbakterracing said:

You said our PC fans wouldn’t want that, therefore they must’ve done something non-PC no?

Of course, your lad and his mates could create songs beyond the ‘3’ usual ones (which is all the Hibs fans have done) but it could be they can’t create them without a bit of sectarianism, racism or sexism, which is what you’d call ‘needing a thicker skin’.

Hey ho.

12 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

You are right: they have an edge to them, as all groups of young fans will as that is what makes them exciting and attractive to be part of.

I do not believe for one second our club want that and if a new team was set up then I would wager they would be banned within a year. 

I don’t know if the club met with them before banning the young team, but I’d have thought engaging with the group and laying down some ground rules would have been a good way to approach it.

1 minute ago, Pistol1874 said:

You said our PC fans wouldn’t want that, therefore they must’ve done something non-PC no?

Of course, your lad and his mates could create songs beyond the ‘3’ usual ones (which is all the Hibs fans have done) but it could be they can’t create them without a bit of sectarianism, racism or sexism, which is what you’d call ‘needing a thicker skin’.

Hey ho.

I think thats a bit harsh, tbh. Our last young team didnt sing sectarian, racist or sexist songs as a group within Tynecastle but were still widely slated.

Their sins? Stealing a stewards hat, stealing Ross Cos drum and pushing the bus driver in order to steal it. Anybody who has regularly followed any football club would not see these actions as particularly bad. 

17 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

They way they gave them all space together you mean?

If something is given, with conditions, it really shouldn’t  be a surprise if a perceived failure to meet those conditions results in it being taken away again.

The time would seem to be right to revisit this when the stadium is complete. So long as both the club and the fans group are clear on what’s what, there should be no issue. 

Rodger Mellie
3 minutes ago, Prince Obua said:

Fans are not the problem. However we do not help the players. No catchy chants or anything, just the usual song and which die after a few lines. 

Spot on. Definitely need some new songs.

I am surprised (or maybe not currently) as to why no player or the manager has asked for more vocal support from fans in the media?  A noisy vocal support backing the team is exactly what is required right now.

You only have to look at quotes from Mourinho or Klopp as to why a loud vociferous support is important in helping the team.

Just now, amadjambo said:

I don’t know if the club met with them before banning the young team, but I’d have thought engaging with the group and laying down some ground rules would have been a good way to approach it.

Agreed. Although I also think that the club would have to realise and appreciate that any group of young fans is going to have an edge to them and so not jump on them for every little thing. 

11 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

Unfortunately I can see Herats losing a lot younger fans to Hibs just now. Sadly, for a youngster ER is way more appealing than Tynecastle at the moment. We need some excitement and atmosphere back into Tynecastle. 

Do you honestly think that is the case if so it’s a concern

Just now, Bowmans_Boot said:

I think thats a bit harsh, tbh. Our last young team didnt sing sectarian, racist or sexist songs as a group within Tynecastle but were still widely slated.

Their sins? Stealing a stewards hat, stealing Ross Cos drum and pushing the bus driver in order to steal it. Anybody who has regularly followed any football club would not see these actions as particularly bad. 

I didn’t mind them in the ground and you may be right that IF those are the sole reasons they were asked to move that the club have been a little hasty, a lesson those running it may now have learned. 

Rodger Mellie
1 minute ago, Crete said:

Do you honestly think that is the case if so it’s a concern

I do. A poster in this thread quoted that his son and his mates don't bother going to Tynecastle anymore because 'it's boring'.

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

Our three song repertoire was embarrassing at Easter Road.

What was the third one?

Thought Police

I do. A poster in this thread quoted that his son and his mates don't bother going to Tynecastle anymore because 'it's boring'.

I agree. Like it or not, everyone in the home end at Easter Road joined in on Tuesday, whether it’s wee kids, teenagers or pensioners. Even when Tynie is good, too many folk sit on their backsides.

Lets not forget though that Hibs fans are the biggest glory hunters in the world and their attendances will soon be back at 8000

8 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Totally agree. I have been saying this for months and months. For teenagers we would be a pretty boring option compared to Hibs, the Union Bears or the Green Brigade. 

As a result we will be losing out on the fans of the future. 

If there's no bigotry/racism crap (like Hibs singing section) there aint no problem with a section at Hearts.

The problem is if it's like the Union Bear pish we heard today, 90mins of bigoted bile, they can bolt. And the vast majority of true HMFC fans agree with that.

But you know that, unfortunately you want to promote/ normalize some kind of bigoted young team in line with your Blue Nose/West Coast sympathies.  Sad but true.

6 minutes ago, Pistol1874 said:

I didn’t mind them in the ground and you may be right that IF those are the sole reasons they were asked to move that the club have been a little hasty, a lesson those running it may now have learned. 

Hopefully. 

1 minute ago, ADAM said:

If there's no bigotry/racism crap (like Hibs singing section) there aint no problem with a section at Hearts.

The problem is if it's like the Union Bear pish we heard today, 90mins of bigoted bile, they can bolt. And the vast majority of true HMFC fans agree with that.

But you know that, unfortunately you want to promote/ normalize some kind of bigoted young team in line with your Blue Nose/West Coast sympathies.  Sad but true.

I mentioned the Hibs, Celtic and Rangers young teams yet you only focus on me mentioning Rangers. Strange that. It is almost as if you had some kind of agenda for doing so....

I have posted in support of the young team consistently for many, many months. However, I have been equally consistent in posting that sectarian, racist and homophobic songs/chants are completely unacceptable. 

Granted, the atmosphere at a lot of home games hasn't been great for a good while but i'm happy to reserve judgement until we return home and see if the new beast adds to the overall atmosphere. Big games will take care of themselves but let's see how it is at the Partick game....if it is that mind !

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

And here we go.

I'll lay odds on post4 before the terms "sectarian " and "racist ' are used.

You're a funny guy. Are you posting from the pub?

31 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I mentioned the Hibs, Celtic and Rangers young teams yet you only focus on me mentioning Rangers. Strange that. It is almost as if you had some kind of agenda for doing so....

I have posted in support of the young team consistently for many, many months. However, I have been equally consistent in posting that sectarian, racist and homophobic songs/chants are completely unacceptable. 

Yep, he has some sort of agenda in his posts. Strange sort of Hearts fan with his views

We seem too uptight to try any new songs. The other big clubs have catchy upbeat songs, whereas we try the same old tired stuff.

We really do need a singing section come our first proper home game. 

The stiff upper lip needs to go. 

Archived