****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Milinkovic MUST play Imo , and right up against that wee arsehole Stevenson.

Sick of seeing him get no pressure put on him over the last few derbies. Lafferty right up against Hanlon too.

Both they players are bottlers and their weak links at the back when put under pressure.

In fact, our varied game and playing longer intermittently to Lafferty may be a key tactic tomorrow. But we need Walker and Milinkovic to be looking for the scraps.

I'll be surprised if Stevenson plays. Think they'll go with Gray and Whittaker for this one.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking to a few hibees, their biggest problem is up top. They create chances but lacking a goal threat. Supposedly Stokes has had a scan today and will get results tomorrow, even if he is to play he will be far from 100% and wouldn't fancy the intensity of a derby with a dodgey ankle.

What gives me confidence more than usual is that we are now capable of picking up away wins. Under both Neilson (Premiership) and Cathro our away record was terrible. I think the run of away games going into this one (including playing at Murrayfield) will help us going into this.

The form suggests we are a huge price at 3/1. They have 2 wins in 9 (Livi 3-2 at home in cup, and 1-0 away to Ross County in McIntyre's last game). 

As suggested it should be horses for courses, Grezlak and Randall should feature for that reason.

Having one of Hughes, Cowie, Djoum, or Smith-Brown fit would have resolved any selection issues. I would be more tempted to go with Buaben in a holding role than Cochrane or Brandon but trust Levein's judgement

Its about time we put these tramps back in their place. 0-3 Lafferty hat trick.

Love a derby, will need a few beers to get to sleep tonight! 

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Its about time we put these tramps back in their place. 0-3 Lafferty hat trick.

Love a derby, will need a few beers to get to sleep tonight! 

Now we are getting this otherwise horrific thread back on track.

Lets get tore right into the vermin scum

Just now, Notts1874 said:

Now we are getting this otherwise horrific thread back on track.

Lets get tore right into the vermin scum

Good lad!

:2thumbsup:

36 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

It's more likely you will attempt grudging praise while deflecting to another subject or area of the club you have issue with.

Is it aye?  If Hearts win I will give the players and staff huge praise as I always do when its deserved. If they lose then I will point out the reasons why and if there are things I was concerned about prior to the game sure as hell revisit those. The more pertinent point is whether the likes of you, who once again have zero actual input are man enough to ever acknowledge the validity of points you don't agree with or are proven wrong about. I won't hold my breath though as your only purpose is to argue with other posters. You offer no football perspective whatsoever. 

As for your nonsense about other areas of the club I'm hugely positive about the off field progress. Frankly I rarely post on topics such as stadium development and delays etc as when its ready its ready. I'm all about the team and the football and hoping we improve in that regard. Discussing the selection and the way we approach the game is of far more interest to me. If 'lets get tore into the Vermin scum' or whatever does it for you, thumbs up but I'd rather look into the selection options etc in a bit more detail!

Whats your prediction for tomorrow?

I would go. Mc Laughlin...Smith, Souttar, Berra, Brandon.....Randall, Callaghan.......Walker, Cochrane, Milinkovic......Lafferty. 4-2-3-1. I do not want us playing two main forwards, sitting in and lumping long balls. That is what Hibs will be expecting, we must be competitive and creative in midfield. Hibs will try and exploit us with width and pace we need to win our midfield battles and test their defence. Unlike recent Cathro efforts we will be playing it as a Derby.

I trust CL will set us up properly for this match, and none of the players will be in any doubt that this is not 'just another game'.  Hibs seem to have been more up for these games than us recently, but that will not be the case tomorrow night.

Big Laff up front, with Isma and Jamie in support.  Soapy on corners and set pieces.  Isma to open the scoring from a great through ball from Jamie, Berra to make it 2-0 from a Soapy corner, Laff to seal the deal 3-0 from the spot after Jamie is hauled down late on.  Popcorn teeth to be banished to the stand for revealing the ugly face of Scottish football, although he gets away with that most other weeks.

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Hendricks said:

Is it aye?  If Hearts win I will give them huge praise as I always do when its deserved. If they lose then I will point out the reasons why and if the are things I was concerned about prior to the game sure as hell revisit those. The more pertinent point is with the likes of you who once agin have zero actual input are man enough to ever acknowledge the validity of points you don't agree with or are proven wrong about. I won't hold my breath though as your only purpose is to argue with other posters. You offer no football perspective whatsoever. 

You really are full of a sense of misguided self importance. 

As for arguing with other posters, yes, you are correct. But only the posters who hysterically, consistently, negatively, willfully, boringly and gleefully take every  opportunity to have a dig at the club. It ******* annoys me.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

I trust CL will set us up properly for this match, and none of the players will be in any doubt that this is not 'just another game'.  Hibs seem to have been more up for these games than us recently, but that will not be the case tomorrow night.

Big Laff up front, with Isma and Jamie in support.  Soapy on corners and set pieces.  Isma to open the scoring from a great through ball from Jamie, Berra to make it 2-0 from a Soapy corner, Laff to seal the deal 3-0 from the spot after Jamie is hauled down late on.  Popcorn teeth to be banished to the stand for revealing the ugly face of Scottish football, although he gets away with that most other weeks.

That’s just about the correct script Rob.

:thumb:

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Is it aye?  If Hearts win I will give the players and staff huge praise as I always do when its deserved. If they lose then I will point out the reasons why and if there are things I was concerned about prior to the game sure as hell revisit those. The more pertinent point is whether the likes of you, who once again have zero actual input are man enough to ever acknowledge the validity of points you don't agree with or are proven wrong about. I won't hold my breath though as your only purpose is to argue with other posters. You offer no football perspective whatsoever. 

As for your nonsense about other areas of the club I'm hugely positive about the off field progress. Frankly I rarely post on topics such as stadium development and delays etc as when its ready its ready. I'm all about the team and the football and hoping we improve in that regard. Discussing the selection and the way we approach the game is of far more interest to me. If 'lets get tore into the Vermin scum' or whatever does it for you, thumbs up but I'd rather look into the selection options etc in a bit more detail!

Whats your prediction for tomorrow?

Prediction?

You will moan whatever the result.

Now lets get tore into these vermin shite.

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Djoum will be out for another 3 weeks. 

I'm not really sure if that's good news or bad news. 

Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

As for arguing with other posters, yes, you are correct. But only the posters who hysterically, consistently, negatively, willfully, boringly and gleefully take every  opportunity to have a dig at the club. It ******* annoys me.

Can’t disagree with NWMOT on this post.

Folk just hate a dig at the club they are meant to love.

Hendricks doesn't get derby games or even football for that matter.

Never have I known a pre derby thread be littered with so many negative posts.

Its utterly pathetic.

DERBY DAY TOMORROW!

I’m going to bed but I won’t sleep until my brain has run through a million different potential scenarios and outcomes. Same every time. I even imagine the walk to the ground. 

Heroes of the story? Lafferty? Or maybe Callachan. Imagine THAT. Ooft. Or Berra. Maybe even Walker. Young Cochrane. 

God I love the derby.

2 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Suggest you put me on a block then!!!! If you can't stand reading totally valid points and views about the team/squad/selection and how we might approach the game tomorrow then I would suggest it is you that is hysterical and not me!  I certainly take no "glee" in questioning things to do with the FOOTBALLING side of the club, predominantly the first team nor do I believe most of what I post is negative. It is a hell of a lot more realistic than some. I have a view and it differs from yours and others about our chances tomorrow, I certainly hope your view is proven to be correct. If saying lets get ripped into them is what people want to read on here then thats their prerogative and I hope the team follows that rallying cry but I see nothing wrong with discussing how we might go about things in a bit more detail.

3 minutes ago, redm said:

DERBY DAY TOMORROW!

I’m going to bed but I won’t sleep until my brain has run through a million different potential scenarios and outcomes. Same every time. I even imagine the walk to the ground. 

Heroes of the story? Lafferty? Or maybe Callachan. Imagine THAT. Ooft. Or Berra. Maybe even Walker. Young Cochrane. 

God I love the derby.

Love it.  We are a completely different beast compared to the last few derbys, cannot ****ing wait for tomorrow.

:jjyay:

6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Can’t disagree with NWMOT on this post.

Folk just hate a dig at the club they are meant to love.

Please point out where I have had "a dig at the club".

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hendricks doesn't get derby games or even football for that matter.

Never have I known a pre derby thread be littered with so many negative posts.

Its utterly pathetic.

Possibly the least accurate post about me ever. Lmao. Another internet hardman who should block me asap. 

Bridge of Djoum

Possibly the least accurate post about me ever. Lmao. Another internet hardman who should block me asap. 

Sakes.

So, we should block you if we don't agree you, then you start calling people hardman.

This is your debating style?

Just now, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Sakes.

So, we should block you if we don't agree you, then you start calling people hardman.

This is your debating style?

Lol. Debating!!!! You don't debate that is the very point. You come on and have a go claiming negativity just because I don't think we are certain to get a result tomorrow and have misgivings about our midfield and how we will setup. You have a go because of your perception of me and my views. You don't offer an alternative view or suggest why you think we will get a result, nah because you don't have a clue what you are talking about. I suggest you block me if its all too much for you and then you come back having a go about me suggesting that! Laughable. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Barack said:

I bet you two would actually get on quite well in “the real world.” :lol:

Let’s just **** these vermin over once again, & we can all post happily in the Hibs’ pisstake super thread. 

Amen.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. Debating!!!! You don't debate that is the very point. You come on and have a go claiming negativity just because I don't think we are certain to get a result tomorrow and have misgivings about our midfield and how we will setup. You have a go because of your perception of me and my views. You don't offer an alternative view or suggest why you think we will get a result, nah because you don't have a clue what you are talking about. I suggest you block me if its all too much for you and then you come back having a go about me suggesting that! Laughable. 

Just give us your prediction and save  the histrionics.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I bet you two would actually get on quite well in “the real world.” :lol:

Let’s just **** these vermin over once again, & we can all post happily in the Hibs’ pisstake super thread. 

Haha its actually possible you are right. Mrs NWMOT must be a ****ing saint putting up with her husband mind you, he's the most infuriating fecker but I'm sure in 'real life' he's a good dude.

Anyway, putting aside predictions or concerns or hell yes the positive aspects of our selection tomorrow I'll toast your 2nd sentence for sure!

20 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Love it.  We are a completely different beast compared to the last few derbys, cannot ****ing wait for tomorrow.

:jjyay:

I hope Christophe is at home watching a selection of uplifting and motivational Rocky film montages or similar. Whatever it takes. :biggrin:

Tonight I’ll have weird and wonderful dreams, tomorrow morning I’ll over-caffeinate and give myself nausea and jitters but by lunchtime I’ll have the playlist on the go and I’ll be dying to get it underway. Then later on, off to a friend’s place for some pre-match refreshments.   DERBYDERBYDERBYDERBY

4 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Just give us your prediction and save  the histrionics.

Heart - would take a draw 1-1 and get them at Tynie in December

Head - don't see it, think we will lose

I truly hope you can all shove the above prediction down my throat come 9.30pm tomorrow night! 

Bridge of Djoum

I truly hope you can all shove the above prediction down my throat come 9.30pm tomorrow night! 

Fair enough, man. 

You do seem to have a penchant for things down your throat though.;)

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

I reckon (hope) you will be getting it tight around half an hour before then.  ;)

Bridge of Djoum
14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Haha its actually possible you are right. Mrs NWMOT must be a ****ing saint putting up with her husband mind you, he's the most infuriating fecker but I'm sure in 'real life' he's a good dude.

Anyway, putting aside predictions or concerns or hell yes the positive aspects of our selection tomorrow I'll toast your 2nd sentence for sure!

She's a lucky lady. You can see above my avatar I've been voted the best looking **** on here, they don't just give away those awards!

Buzzing for this now, it’s about time we gave  these pricks a hammering, 1st game at the echo dome for a while. Going for a 3-1 win, Berra double and Lafferty with a screamer to clinch it at 2-1 late on. 

1 minute ago, Mort said:

Honestly why are people saying they would take a draw against this mob? Never.

I think a lot of hearts fans are still suffering from the Cathro/neilson derby years.  Full faith in Levein that he will turn it around for us.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Mort said:

Probably based on the last couple of years. We've shown no heart at Easter road. Pitiful weak performances. 

A good performance tomorrow and I'll start feeling more optimistic about derby games. 

6 minutes ago, Mort said:

I presume you are talking about me. Various reasons I don't think a draw would be bad tomorrow. 

i) I don't think we have a good team as yet under Levein. We are well short in midfield and don't have a left back. Our bench is weak and options are limited if we have to change it and chase the game. We also have a couple of key injuries

ii) we currently sit above Hibs despite the fixture list and having had no games at Tynie. On this occasion keeping the momentum in our corner, a spirited point might be no mean feet especially given recent fiasco's down there

iii) when you look at both teams/squads in recent times there can be no doubt they've excelled more than us in 'big matches'. Yes we have a new Head Coach and some new players but we haven't experienced many important matches as a group whilst they have. I think that continuity is a concern tomorrow.

Now the fact I would take a draw doesn't mean I want a draw or am happy but it's my own outlook on this game. It's the way I realistically feel about this particular derby. As I've said above I'm hoping I'm wrong and you guys can slate my pessimism if that's what you want to call it. My prediction matters not a jot to the actual outcome! 

Hopefully we'll try and press them high up. Make there forwards isolated from their midfield.

Then control game from there.

I'm sure Craig used to do this with Monkey heeds team to good effect.

Need the right midfield combo for that. 

I have confidence that every single player will be in no doubt of their role though.

Craig will have drummed into them.

I'll go 2-1 us.

HHGG

Suppose its been an indication of the last few years that we again travel to Easter Road not that confident of comfortably winning like in years gone by. The quality of player in the overspending years will not be seen again in our lifetime.

But I have confidence in the way the club is being transformed that we will travel across the city much more confident in the coming seasons with a far higher quality of player being the reason.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Game isn't live over here. Delayed coverage at 10am.

Cannot face another commentary in my car, driving to work, with Laurie on Hearts.tv saying how bad we are playing against them.

I'll take a draw now.

Stephen Muddie

I am excited.

Heart of Midlothian

**** off Hibernian

We'll support you evermore

2-1 Hearts. 

:yas:

I'm not sure I'm quite ready to jump on board the 'Levein will have them up for it this time' train just yet. Those are words we seem to have been muttering before every derby going back to the first cup debacle.

'Aye theres no way we'll ever be that bad again'...... 'Aye, Robbie / Cathro / now Levein will make sure they know whats expected of them this time'. Its all just a bit too familiar at the moment.

I do of course hope that it IS the case, but right now I think its down to the players to actually SHOW that they know the script when it comes to derby matches as a Hearts player. Would hope a lot of responsibility sits on the shoulders of Berra and Lafferty as well as Levein, probably the two of our players best positioned to know all about the importance of a big derby match. I'm just not convinced how many of the rest of our squad really truly 'get it'. Time will tell I guess!

Genuinely hoping / praying this is the point where we draw a line under the last few years of derby misery and start getting back to the derby form we are more accustomed to....... and on that basis, I think i'll go with a 2-1 win as my prediction which probably flies in the face of everything I've said above lol :lol: 

8 hours ago, jake said:

Does anyone fancy henderson to start ?

Just feel he could noise up ambrose(is he playing) and give some energy up front.

Said this on Saturday.  I’d play him ahead of Walker.

August Landmesser

Derby Day, over 12 hours to go and I'm like a kid at Christmas. Won't be at my most focussed at work today...

Can't wait to get in about these muppets. Hoping for a Callachan goal too, scenes.

:fth:

Archived