****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

Usual, we start off well dont score and then they come into it, we start off poor and never get into it, either way can feel a backs to wall performance as they will be up for it but I also hope we are as well. One game where I dont care too much re performance as long as we win. This has to be an improvement on the last 2 visits surely?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where has this mighty hibs midfield been the rest of this season? They're below us in the league ffs. Get stuck in, we're winning this one

37 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

Where has this mighty hibs midfield been the rest of this season? They're below us in the league ffs. Get stuck in, we're winning this one

Exactly this, are we fearing the phantom fingerer of Albion Road now?

No fear, no respect, just put them back in their kennels

Samuel Camazzola

Hibs have only won three out of there last ten - one of which was against Livingston. I don't know where this impression that they are in any sort of form comes from. 

It looks like it's going to be a close match but feel we have the edge and that bit extra that will see us to victory. 

Too many arseholes predicting a loss, possibly as they may not get as hard a time when their hobo pals wind them up at work after. **** that.

News for you. Hibs are below us and are SHITE.

2-0 THE famous.

:fth:

Hibs blow hot and cold but Lennon will have them up for this one. I reckon we'll have to stifle everything they try to do and hope to hit them on the break. It's a derby so anything goes up to a point. I guess I'd take a point right now.

Heading down to the San Giro on Tuesday night with Craig Levein & Gary Locke, Berra as captain  it will be back to normality and they feckers will be put back in their box.

A comfortable 1-3 victory with Lafferty,Walker & Berra the scorers.

FTH....

13 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Hibs blow hot and cold but Lennon will have them up for this one. I reckon we'll have to stifle everything they try to do and hope to hit them on the break. It's a derby so anything goes up to a point. I guess I'd take a point right now.

Never ever in my life have I thought I'd take a point against Hibs. Come off it!

It's very worrying that we have to play against a team that are flying high and strolling all of their games this season by several goals due to their La Liga standard players. 

Except we're not. We're playing Hibs. The darlings of the Scottish press, who continue to rave about them while missing the facts of the matter. They're not very good at winning games. 

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

It's very worrying that we have to play against a team that are flying high and strolling all of their games this season by several goals due to their La Liga standard players. 

Except we're not. We're playing Hibs. The darlings of the Scottish press, who continue to rave about them while missing the facts of the matter. They're not very good at winning games. 

True, but they've performed better in the big games this season. Our midfield worries me. 

Just now, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

True, but they've performed better in the big games this season. Our midfield worries me. 

They've performed well in a lot of games. But as I said, they're not very good at winning them. 

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

They've performed well in a lot of games. But as I said, they're not very good at winning them. 

Neither are we. 

2 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Neither are we. 

In the league we've won 4, they've won 3 with a game in hands so at best we've both won 4 this season out of 10. Not great from either club but even if they win the game in hand they are a mighty 1 point ahead of us. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

In the league we've won 4, they've won 3 with a game in hands so at best we've both won 4 this season out of 10. Not great from either club but even if they win the game in hand they are a mighty 1 point ahead of us. 

True. Let's hope they don't make it 4 against us. I'd love nothing more than for us to smash them and put them back in their place, but Lennon does am to get them up for big games.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

True. Let's hope they don't make it 4 against us. I'd love nothing more than for us to smash them and put them back in their place, but Lennon does am to get them up for big games.

I'll take a scrappy 1-0

Also if you look at the league table we've won 3 of our last 5. Hibs have won 1, Ross County and Dundee have won 2 in the last 5. 

It's not figure skating, you don't get point for style. 

I think a draw or a narrow win. Currently (& I hate to admit this), their midfield is a bit better than ours just now. 4-5-1 would be the way to go in the first half I feel. 

Berra & Walker 2-1 Hearts. 

We better lift our game. The fullbacks will need to be aware of cross field diagonal balls. Walker better play this time as on other occasions he’s been missing. No prisoners either.

How brave are you prepared to be ?

We can change the shape a little and play the experienced players in the squad

or we can play some of the youngsters, keep Lafferty, Isma and Walker as a front 3

It will be a real risk to play 2 or 3 of them purely on a physical level never mind the derby aspect of the match

We can be more solid but it would negate our ability to get at their weak spot....the defence....or we can go for it more, play the youngsters and take the risk we can get at them ?

I just don't want to go more defensive giving them more of the ball and losing 1-0. I've seen the safety first efforts in our last couple of appearances at Easter Road and don't want to go through that again but it comes with risk and just how brave will our management team and those on the field be ?

17 hours ago, Chris#9 said:

McLaughlin

brandon

berra

souttar

smith

Randall

cochrane

cowie

callaghan

walker

lafferty

Here we go again... Ruining the two full back positions when it's only left back which is the problem. 

Is quite clear Brandon it's not fit for fit for purpose as a left back, it's not his fault. Whether some like it or not, he was also hopless at right back earlier in the season. The trouble is, Smith is not much better at LB either and is simply wasted there. 

We could play Grzelak at left back, solves all the problems with the exception of him being  pretty slow and crap.  Trouble is Hibs will probably play Boyle wide right and he's rapid, without an end product. I honestly think, one of our youngsters is enough for this game. 

Attack them from the start, I think, although a midfield with Cochrane does look lightweight. 

McLaughlin

Smith 

Berra

Souttar

Randall

Cochrane

Milinkovic 

Callaghan

Walker

Lafferty not left midfield

Isma 

We must solve this left back issue during the next window. It's a truly embarrassing situation to have gone on so long. 

Bazzas right boot

We've been effective so far.

Hibs will be more open, so I hope we can play more like we did V Aberdeen as opposed to yesterday., St Johnstone were very negative.

Midfield is a concern for us, Djoum is a big miss, but with Randall back and hopefully Cowie back the midfield will be stronger.

They look decent, but nothing to fear and look vulnerable at high balls and pieces.

1-1 or 2-1 either way. We need to have a better start than our last two visits there, get that and we can win , give them a goals head start or two and we'll be in trouble.

Lafferty needs to be closer to isma.

Want it more. Keep the heid. Win the game. Yesterday Saints were first to every 2nd ball. This will not happen Tuesday. My main concern is discipline. Both Isma and big Kyle are emotional types and will be targetted for sure. If I know it CL will know it though. The Hobos at my work are confident but not as confident as they were when Cathro was in charge. We know how it ends up when they're confident.

2-1 Hearts. Callachan and a Lafferty penalty. Stokes sent off.

Big problem for me is that I am not a fan of going with Cochrane and Brandon in such a high intensity game, but if we don't play one of them then Grezlak (who hasn't featured much) or Buaben (who is not favoured) have to play

The team picks itself except for RB/LB and the third centre midfielder. 

McLaughlin

Randall/Smith/Brandon/Grezlak

Berra

Souttar

Smith/Grezlak

Cowie

Callachan

Buaben/Randall/Grezlak/Cochrane

Isma

Walker

Lafferty

Personally I would go with Grezlak left back, Smith right back and Randall as the holding mid behind Cowie and Callachan. It is the only way we can go without playing 1 of the kids and Buaben

I expect a relatively untroubled win,they are not a good outfit.Dallas refs both teams then that will put paid to their thuggery.

18 hours ago, Jeffosphere said:

They will come at us 100mph. If we can defend well for the first 25 or so then I think we will grow into the game.

Won't be easy but I'm sure we can't be as bad as last year

I'd like to see us go right for their throats from the outset. They'll come out flying - they always do. We simply must combat that as we've been utterly pathetic in the last two visits.

They haven't got anything of the quality of Lafferty or Berra. We haven't got anything with the quality of McGinn. 

I'd be inclined to go with a natural left sided player at left back. I see Smith out thee though to try and address Boyle. 

I'd go: 

McLaughlin 

Smith 

Souttar 

Berra 

Grzelak  (I know!) 

Cowie 

Callachan 

Randall 

Walker 

Isma 

Lafferty 

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I'd like to see us go right for their throats from the outset. They'll come out flying - they always do. We simply must combat that as we've been utterly pathetic in the last two visits.

They haven't got anything of the quality of Lafferty or Berra. We haven't got anything with the quality of McGinn. 

I'd be inclined to go with a natural left sided player at left back. I see Smith out thee though to try and address Boyle. 

I'd go: 

McLaughlin 

Smith 

Souttar 

Berra 

Grzelak  (I know!) 

Cowie 

Callachan 

Randall 

Walker 

Isma 

Lafferty 

Djoum has the quality of McGinn on his day. We rarely see that form though so that's probably irrelevant. I presume he is still injured as well?

Alwayssunnyingorgie

How come everyone is going on about their midfield like it's the best in the league. They have a guy that kicks people or sexually assaults them, a ugly hunch back that doesn't score and wingers similar to Ivan sproule, stokes is going to be isolated on Tuesday which suits him because he's lazy as **** and popcorn teeth won't play Murray instead of stokes.  **** them they and the media  have hyped them self's up to be better than they are, They are a team of mediocre players and celtic cast offs. We're not great but we just beat a team that always seems to pump us and we're above them despite not playing at home all season. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Alwayssunnyingorgie said:

How come everyone is going on about their midfield like it's the best in the league. They have a guy that kicks people or sexually assaults them, a ugly hunch back that doesn't score and wingers similar to Ivan sproule, stokes is going to be isolated on Tuesday which suits him because he's lazy as **** and popcorn teeth won't play Murray instead of stokes.  **** them they and the media  have hyped them self's up to be better than they are, They are a team of mediocre players and celtic cast offs. We're not great but we just beat a team that always seems to pump us and we're above them despite not playing at home all season. 

It's not necessarily that they have the best midfield in the league it's more that we have the worst. 

If Prince plays we're ****ed. 

He Who Cannot Be Named

Folk thinking we will start with Lafferty, Goncalves, Walker and Milinkovic away to Hibs :laugh:

I reckon it will be along the lines of this;

McLaughlin

Randall    Souttar    Berra    Smith

Cowie   Cochrane   Callachan

Isma                                                 Walker

Lafferty

Alwayssunnyingorgie
14 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

It's not necessarily that they have the best midfield in the league it's more that we have the worst. 

Our midfield stood up to Aberdeen who have easily the 2nd best in the league. Hibs don't score from midfield anyway. 

The wee team getting a lot of credit. We haven't had a proper home game all season and are still sitting above them. **** them. Levein knows how to beat them and Lafferty will play out his skin. Hope Walker turns up. Take it to the hobo scum! 

55 minutes ago, Jeffosphere said:

Djoum has the quality of McGinn on his day. We rarely see that form though so that's probably irrelevant. I presume he is still injured as well?

I think Djoum is out mate. I think it's vital we get in McGinn's face. I'm not sure McGinn is all he's proclaimed to be.  But he has energy and intensity and that gets you a fair way in Scotland. It's a huge game for Callachan. It'll be huge for Cochrane if CL gives him a start. I wouldn't want to call that one. One aside though - Angus Beith has no future at Hearts if he can't sniff the bench at present given our midfield situation. 

I'd hope that Cowie is fit in order to play with Callachan and Randall in the midfield area. That trio would give us a chance to square up in there. No bothered in slightest if it's ugly 

portobellojambo1
44 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

Any midfield looks poorer if they are put on the park for no other reason than to pack that area because of fear of the opposition, rather than put out to express themselves and bring the forward players into the game. It worked for us in the game against Aberdeen at Murrayfield, a better side than Hibs. Anyone reading some of the posts on here would think that Hibs are borrowing the Barcelona midfield for this match and are going to run all over us. The best way to negate whatever Hibs do have in midfield, including McGinn who I'm still not convinced by, is to force them to be moving in the direction of their own defence rather then towards ours. Yesterday again we looked better when the emphasis moved to getting the ball forward. That option arose once Lafferty was moved inside rather than left out wide, the ball was going forward from all areas and nobodies job was to sit and watch how good their midfield might be just hoping we would eventually get the ball back.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Any midfield looks poorer if they are put on the park for no other reason than to pack that area because of fear of the opposition, rather than put out to express themselves and bring the forward players into the game. It worked for us in the game against Aberdeen at Murrayfield, a better side than Hibs. Anyone reading some of the posts on here would think that Hibs are borrowing the Barcelona midfield for this match and are going to run all over us. The best way to negate whatever Hibs do have in midfield, including McGinn who I'm still not convinced by, is to force them to be moving in the direction of their own defence rather then towards ours. Yesterday again we looked better when the emphasis moved to getting the ball forward. That option arose once Lafferty was moved inside rather than left out wide, the ball was going forward from all areas and nobodies job was to sit and watch how good their midfield might be just hoping we would eventually get the ball back.

The problem is they have run all over us in the last three games down there.

Hopefully that's about to change. 

stirlingshirejambo
21 hours ago, JohnB said:

Play like we did today and they''ll give us a doing on Tuesday. I'm already dreading Smith trying to pin-down Barker - the guy they have on loan from Man.City.

Let Barker run all day pace but no final ball

randall will be right back with smith at left I think 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yip.

100% agree, hibs aren't that good. 

My gut feeling is that Levein will try and do a Mourinho and make sure we don't lose first and foremost. 

0-0, or 1-0 to us. 

4 hours ago, 1953 said:

**** off

Jambof3tornado

Sure someone respectable tweeted cowie had said he wont make the hibs match.

Hearts win by a goal to nil. Lafferty to burst the net.

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Sure someone respectable tweeted cowie had said he wont make the hibs match.

Hearts win by a goal to nil. Lafferty to burst the net.

That was Scott Wilson telling Anthony Brown of the Evening news that Cowie told him at the game yesterday that he won’t be fit for the Derby 

They'll come at us at a million miles per hour from the first whistle and score first early on.

We'll equalise just before HT from a corner (Berra).

2nd half will be a turgid affair with lots of yellow cards and yellow teeth will get sent to the stand.

1-1.

Anything less than 3-0 is not good enough I want us to fire into every tackle attack from the off and stick these bitter welts well and truly back in their place. 

Failing this a last minute goal after being dominated always goes down well. 

9 minutes ago, Cade said:

They'll come at us at a million miles per hour from the first whistle and score first early on.

We'll equalise just before HT from a corner (Berra).

2nd half will be a turgid affair with lots of yellow cards and yellow teeth will get sent to the stand.

1-1.

Agreed , they will be at it early, lemon has had them up for the big games in the league. All two of them. There form against teams that frustrate them is awful. and to be fair that applies to us also. Dig in midfield keep the head don't allow the ref to have his day in the sun, and we win this one. Normal service resumed. 2-0 Jts

McLaughlin

Randall     Souttar      Berra      Smith

Callachan     Cowie

Walker        Isma       Henderson

Lafferty

Stockton could be useful for a derby though

Everybody Loves Baz!

We have some right shitebags in our support or they're trolls/Hibs fans.

They are pish, as their results have shown....or have they been unlucky all the time??

Either way, the usual suspects, the ones you never normally see after a good weekend for us/bad weekend for them are out early in this thread.

Absolutely stinking.

Play 2 up top on Tuesday, Randall and Callaghan in MF with Brandon LB and Smith RB and we'll skelp those ****ers.

I'd even toy with putting Isma left wing with and Stockton straight up top to bully them, with the former cutting in onto his right peg.

Intae these spoon burning sister fudging inbreds.

Archived