****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

So do I and Lafferty to get the winner just to stick up them even more

Would be nice. Or Berra to do a bit of mountaineering!! 

The reality is we are going to have to improve massively from our performance on Saturday if we are to get anything out of this game.

Hopefully Levein has learned his lesson and plays Lafferty through the middle, and Isma out wide.  I rarely agree with Michael Stewart but he was spot on last night.

43 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Are we souled oot yet?

Yep it has been confirmed we sold out all our tickets 

32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The reality is we are going to have to improve massively from our performance on Saturday if we are to get anything out of this game.

Hopefully Levein has learned his lesson and plays Lafferty through the middle, and Isma out wide.  I rarely agree with Michael Stewart but he was spot on last night.

Agreed. Saturday was a very good 3 points but turgid stuff tbh. 

6 hours ago, fanjambomarg said:

Levein has been involved in 52 derbys as player and manager and has only been beaten 6 times  somebody with pace to run at them some of our experienced players are too cumbersome for my liking 

Really? Thats an incredible record.

alwaysthereinspirit

The more I think about the scheduling for this game the more I realize how dumb the people running our game are.

A Tuesday night for the first league Derby in 3 seasons. Seriously. Morons.

Tuesday may be a nuts night for the game to be played but look on the bright  side..................only one more sleep!!

Will be locked in my bedroom banishing the wife and cats, laptop BT sports and high blood pressure! 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Hendricks said:

So Stockton has barely kicked a ball and looks miles from the standard we require and yet people would start him ahead of one of the few people who know how to score a goal for us. Bizarre.

Crazy tbh.

letsalldothebeattie
47 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The more I think about the scheduling for this game the more I realize how dumb the people running our game are.

A Tuesday night for the first league Derby in 3 seasons. Seriously. Morons.

Not just the first one. Mental to have the first 2 derbies as midweek games 

Johnny Two Pies

Horses for courses. A team with plenty dig and fight is what’s needed, a game that will suit the likes of Grzelak and Randall. Too soon to start Cochrane and Henderson. Assuming Hughes, Djoum and Cowie (and Smith-Brown) are unavailable, something along the lines of: McGlaughlin; Randall, Souttar, Berra, Grzelak; Smith, Walker, Nowak, Callaghan, Isma; Lafferty. Or maybe Brandon at RB and Randall in midfield too instead of Nowak? Buaben (injured anyway?) and Milinkovic deserve to be dropped after Saturday, while Brandon seemed lost at LB. This is a game that Levein will, first and foremost, set out a team to match up to the opposition physically and stop them playing. Cochrane and Henderson can come on when the Hibs cloggers (Bartley, McGinn et all) have finally been booked, and Stockton can come on and bounce a few of them around once Isma and Lafferty have run out of puff.

team wise id probably go for this.... 

Jon

Smith   berra   souttar Grezlak 

walker randall callachan cochrane milinkovic

lafferty 

Will probably be wrong but id try and flood the midfield, id rather see cochrane than buaben tbh. 

I know its a big game for a 16 year old but i think he can handle it, also like milinkovic in there as he is strong and doesnt hide. 

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Crazy tbh.

Not crazy at all imo

Levein basically said we are not ready to compete with Hibs Midfield so that might suggest we might go with a long ball game and that would be more suited to Stockton rather than Isma.

But hey Levein knows a dam sight more about it than anyone on here and will have a plan in mind no doubt

Bazzas right boot

Just seen on the book of face hat they have done shitey display organised.

Fandango's.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not crazy at all imo

Levein basically said we are not ready to compete with Hibs Midfield so that might suggest we might go with a long ball game and that would be more suited to Stockton rather than Isma.

But hey Levein knows a dam sight more about it than anyone on here and will have a plan in mind no doubt

Unless hibs have Messi, Neymar , Delle Ali  and iniesta, i Must be missing something.

Mcginn has a bit quality, granted. The rest can be countered with energy and doing the basics right.

Walker, Callahan, walker,skinny and Randall can be competitive against the hibs midfield.

Launching balls to Stockton  won't help us at all.

We dominated Aberdeen and they are better, people need to get a grip on the idea that hibs have the best midfield since the 1970's Brazil team.

Replacing one of our best players with a guy who has played about 90 minutes of league football, isn't the answer imo.

letsalldothebeattie

Don’t understand why folk are thinking we should put Grzelak in for the game he’s a liability and will end up getting sent off. 

Randall in at right and move Smith across to the left. Harsh on Brandon who came onto a game Saturday but I wouldn’t throw him in against Hibs at left back. 

35 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not crazy at all imo

When did he say this??

37 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not crazy at all imo

Levein actually said that?

alicante jambo

Were above hibs today in the league and will still be above them come the end of the game.We have not kicked a ball yet but still looking down on them tramps in the league whether we win or get a draw im not sure but levein will make sure we wont be beaten.

_________________McLaughlin

______Randall__Souttar__Berra__Smith

Henderson__Callachan__Nowak__Grzelak

______________Stockton__Lafferty

we certainly wouldn't lose the physical battle...Seriously though I'd replace Stockton and Nowak with Walker and Isma and that would probably be my team 

3 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

_________________McLaughlin

______Randall__Souttar__Berra__Smith

Henderson__Callachan__Nowak__Grzelak

______________Stockton__Lafferty

we certainly wouldn't lose the physical battle...Seriously though I'd replace Stockton and Nowak with Walker and Isma and that would probably be my team 

Do you want us to lose?

maroonlegions

Surely not another fecking card display, :laugh:we all know how that panned out the last time they did that against us..:verysmug:

22728723_223989494805662_5148882516598008289_n[1].jpg

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Surely not another fecking card display, :laugh:we all know how that panned out the last time they did that against us..:verysmug:

22728723_223989494805662_5148882516598008289_n[1].jpg

Can’t wait to see this backfire tomorrow. So hope either top or bottom tier don’t do it and make it look stupid

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Can’t wait to see this backfire tomorrow. So hope either top or bottom tier don’t do it and make it look stupid

It will be something that only a vermin supporter  can understand , something utterly fecking stupid no doubt and abject to failure too, bound to go tits up. :laugh:

Mclaughlin

Smith

Berra

Souttar

Randall

Grzelak

Walker

Callachan

Cochrane

Henderson

Lafferty

Think this would be the team to get the result. Grzelak providing the insurance to allow guys in front of him to support Kyle.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, 8skacel8 said:

Anyone know if they have sold all their tickets yet?

Saw weeks ago on Facebook through a Hibs mate of mine that they have sold out allegedly 

I keep going over this in my head. We need strength through the middle to break up the attack and we need to take advantages of their weakness against high balls into the box.

This seems a bit nuts but:

McLaughlin

Souttar                   Berra

Grzelak

Smith                                                 Randall

Callachan     Cochrane

Walker

Isma

Lafferty

Callahan and Walker have to show more, Callachan especially was annonymous on Saturday. Steaming into an early tackle and being booked then having to play the rest of the game with handbrake on is no use at all. Cochrane at least looked like he wanted the ball into feet and was prepared to keep it simple but he will be bundled off the ball. Assuming Djoum and Cowie are unfit it falls on Walker to be our central playmaker with Callachan breaking things up and Cochran (big assumption he's starting) picking up pieces and making the passes. It will be won or lost in midfield.

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Don’t understand why folk are thinking we should put Grzelak in for the game he’s a liability and will end up getting sent off. 

Randall in at right and move Smith across to the left. Harsh on Brandon who came onto a game Saturday but I wouldn’t throw him in against Hibs at left back. 

But you'd play a guy who actually got sent off in his last game?

I'm not a fan of square pegs in round holes, I'd certainly play Smith on the right.

54 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Levein actually said that?

At the plot ceremony he said Hibs are maybe stronger in midfield at the moment but he believes we are stronger up front and defensively. 

He also said to me later on he would be delighted if Laidlaw continued in goals, apparently we had a look at him when he was at Raith and Levein didn’t fancy him. 

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Whether it's in the form of a third CH or a DM we're in dire need of another defensive player to break up the attack through the middle, which is where Hibs strength is, and while Buaben played well against County he was (so I hear) horrific against St. Johnstone.

I'm not convinced it's Grzelak but he is willing to get stuck in and break up the attack. 

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, Darren said:

But you'd play a guy who actually got sent off in his last game?

I'm not a fan of square pegs in round holes, I'd certainly play Smith on the right.

I know it’s almost being hypocritical but I would rather use Randall than Grzelak. Yes Randall got sent off last time out but he doesn’t look like a loose cannon everytime he takes the field. 

Plus I think Randall brings more to the team than Grzelak. 

I agree I would rather we use Smith on the right but with no out and out left back just now we have to use square pegs for round holes. Smith hasn’t looked too bad on the left 

2 hours ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Have we got Gary Locke dusted down and ready to pump up the dressing room pre kick off? 

Well I saw him in the shop around the time of your post and he looked up for it in a braw maroon sweater.  :thumbsup: 

21 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Saw weeks ago on Facebook through a Hibs mate of mine that they have sold out allegedly 

Then your mate is making things up. They might sell out but I very much doubt it was weeks ago. 

9 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Jamie BorthwickVerified account @jamiekborthwick 22m22 minutes ago

Neil Lennon reports Swanson and Stokes are doubts for the derby. Oli Shaw "definitely" in his thoughts to start. More on @STVNews at 6.

If true then that’s a shame.

:)

16 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Neil Lennon reports Swanson and Stokes are doubts for the derby. Oli Shaw "definitely" in his thoughts to start. More on @STVNews at 6.

I doubt Swanson would have started but Stokes certainly would have.

McLaughlin

Randall  souttar  Berra Smith

walker Cowie callachan Grzelak

Isma              lafferty 

That would be my team.

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Then your mate is making things up. They might sell out but I very much doubt it was weeks ago. 

It was a post by Hibs 

D5E16E81-7A92-4B2F-93BB-1A5F0159B26C.jpeg

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

It was a post by Hibs 

D5E16E81-7A92-4B2F-93BB-1A5F0159B26C.jpeg

I'm amazed to say the least. Looks like they are doing their usual and turning up in large numbers because they expect an easy victory. 

And we know how often that backfires.

25 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Excellent - could just tip the balance if true.

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I'm amazed to say the least. Looks like they are doing their usual and turning up in large numbers because they expect an easy victory. 

And we know how often that backfires.

Love it when they are all cocky and smug and overconfident.  History indicates it usually goes tits up for them when they get all mouthy.  

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

We need the 2 strikers to play closer to each other rather than 40 yards apart. Lafferty left centre & ismal right centre and switching from time to time. They both love through balls to run on to and i can't see why these 2 can't cause havic in the Hibs defence with the midfield and defenders playing the right balls into the channels.

Archived