****HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN vs HIBERNIAN****

Pennywise

A bit disappointed everyone wants Cowie back. I think having Callachan means we no longer need to start Cowie.

I would also start Cochrane, Brandon and Henderson they all played well in the second half yesterday and improved the team from the pedestrian first half.

Also think the last game only Currie got pass marks so it’s worth having some local lads in the team.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
south morocco
2 hours ago, He Who Cannot Be Named said:

Folk thinking we will start with Lafferty, Goncalves, Walker and Milinkovic away to Hibs :laugh:

I reckon it will be along the lines of this;

McLaughlin

Randall    Souttar    Berra    Smith

Cowie   Cochrane   Callachan

Isma                                                 Walker

Lafferty

Decent shout mate

I think we will start buaben, sadly. We're not helped by injuries. 

Buaben and and callachan in front of the back 4.

rudi must stay
30 minutes ago, DVB said:

A bit disappointed everyone wants Cowie back. I think having Callachan means we no longer need to start Cowie.

I would also start Cochrane, Brandon and Henderson they all played well in the second half yesterday and improved the team from the pedestrian first half.

Also think the last game only Currie got pass marks so it’s worth having some local lads in the team.

Totally agree. Callaghan gives you 90 minutes pressing and energy every week, Cowie just can't do that anymore. Depends how the games going, if it's going well you can bring on Currie (who is think is a clever striker) and Henderson. Not sure about Brandon in a derby, Smith and Randall would do better but he does give you something going forward, depends how Levein wants to play it..

portobellojambo1
55 minutes ago, kila said:

McLaughlin

Randall     Souttar      Berra      Smith

Callachan     Cowie

Walker        Isma       Henderson

Lafferty

Stockton could be useful for a derby though

Not sure of your reasoning Kila behind putting Randall at right back and moving Michael Smith away from his best position. Possibly because people are looking at Boyle being a danger on the right wing, whereas I think, from the very little I've seen of him, that the guy they have on loan from Man City who plays wide left could potentially be a bigger problem. Certainly he looks as if he has quite a burst of pace, and I'd prefer to see Smith up against him. As for the left back spot, it does create a problem, and it might go against the grain but I'd be tempted to stick Brandon in there again. Randall might do something for us a little further forward and within your team choice there is an obvious place as it seems there is little to no chance of Cowie making the game (although I'd prefer to see Harry Cochrane playing, I think that young lad is going to go on to be a big, big star for us).

Randall will be a definite starter I’m sure. 

Starting to get pumped for this one. I’ll take a stinking performance as long as we win.

Midfield is the big concern. It pains me to say it but with McGinn, Bartley and McGeough they are probably way ahead of us in that area of the pitch at the moment. That said I think we are probably better defensively and up front.

Randall hasn't impressed in midfield but he definitely has physical presence and competes well, I'd be tempted to start him alongside Callahan.

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

That was Scott Wilson telling Anthony Brown of the Evening news that Cowie told him at the game yesterday that he won’t be fit for the Derby 

Levein said it himself on the radio. He allowed Cowie to make the call as to whether he was fit to play. Doubtful for Saturday too. 

1 minute ago, Martin_T said:

Midfield is the big concern. It pains me to say it but with McGinn, Bartley and McGeough they are probably way ahead of us in that area of the pitch at the moment. That said I think we are probably better defensively and up front.

Randall hasn't impressed in midfield but he definitely has physical presence and competes well, I'd be tempted to start him alongside Callahan.

Thought Randall was good at RWB against Aberdeen,  particularly in that 2nd half when he was bombing forward.

Midfield is a big issue. Bartley causes us massive problems. Hopefully losing Cummings will have normal service resumed. 

I think defensively we're better, and upfront we're better. 

All set up for a scrappy win with Lafferty being the hero.

Anybody shiting it off Hibs can stay well away on Tuesday. Shitebags. It's Hibs ffs

Walter Bishop

The main issue is the midfield. We have better defenders and better forward players.

We need to set up to hit on the break, similarly to how we played v Aberdeen, though in the end we totally dominated that game. 

i'd go with, 

McLaughlin

Smith

Berra

Soutter

Grzelak

Walker

Callachan

Buaben

Randall

Lafferty

Stockton

We've got Levein in the dug out. Berra at the back, Callachan in midfield and Lafferty up front. No way will we be bullied as we were last year. We've got balls about us these days. Somethin we've missed for too long. We'll win on Tuesday. 

And to anyone giving ourselves anything less than a great chance on Tuesday...

IMG_1969.JPG

Elias Henry Furst

Bring it on.

They’ll soon realise this isn’t a soft Neilson side or an inept Cathro team.

It might not be enough but these arseholes think they’re facing the same pish as they have the last few years.

They’re wrong. Gorgie Rules.

Never wanted to beat them so badly since the cup final.

They all think they’re the big team just cause they’ve won 1 Scottish Cup 114 years and this is only their best spell over us since the early 2000s.

Time to put these deluded pricks back in their place.

normal service will be resumed after Lafferty bangs in the winner.

Alwayssunnyingorgie
30 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Anyone seen enough of Hibs to guesstimate their starting 11? Worried about CM but feel we have them everywhere else.

I think they are gonna go

Laidlaw

Whittaker Hanlon Ambrose Stevenson 

Boyle McGinn Mcgeoch Bartley Barker 

Stokes. 

The defence is pish and stokes is another kris Boyd he will score if he gets service but they're wingers are pish. McGinn doesn't score and Bartley is a pish player that just kicks his way around. 

1 minute ago, Alwayssunnyingorgie said:

I think they are gonna go

Laidlaw

Whittaker Hanlon Ambrose Stevenson 

Boyle McGinn Mcgeoch Bartley Barker 

Stokes. 

The defence is pish and stokes is another kris Boyd he will score if he gets service but they're wingers are pish. McGinn doesn't score and Bartley is a pish player that just kicks his way around. 

Marciano for Laidlaw and I think that's the team. 

Levein recognises we are weaker than them in midfield 

I think we will resort to a long ball game and I wouldn’t be surprised if we start with Lafferty and Stockton up front

Sexton Hardcastle

They will try and play a high temp game coming straight out the blocks. We need to be disciplined and not make stupid passing errors.

Cant conceded early as we've done recently down there. 

1-1

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Interesting betting on the game. Hibs Evs whilst Draw is 12/5 and Hearts 13/5. Hearts really are outsiders 

I’ll be putting some on both a draw and a win at these odds.

14/5 for the hearts win . I won £20 at the weekend so lumped it on. Unbelievable odds given the vermin’s home form

FTH

CL said this weekend that Cowie said he wouldnt be ok for this one. Undoubtedly Randall will return, but the midfield is worrying.

That said, we have fight, desire and a will to win again, CL will get them fired up and guys like Berra and Lafferty have the attitude, personality and edge to help the rest of the team rise to the occasion. 

2-0, Isma & Lafferty, with Jamie setting both up. 

Funtime Jambo
4 hours ago, DVB said:

Have to agree!! :thumbsup:

Any chance of Hughes being back? I would feel so much more comfortable with him in a back three and pushing the fullbacks out as wingbacks.

Callachan to boss the midfield though. Think we'll see big games from him, Lafferty, Berra, and Walker.

5 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

The main issue is the midfield. We have better defenders and better forward players.

We need to set up to hit on the break, similarly to how we played v Aberdeen, though in the end we totally dominated that game. 

i'd go with, 

McLaughlin

Smith

Berra

Soutter

Grzelak

Walker

Callachan

Buaben

Randall

Lafferty

Stockton

missing Isma out of that and starting Buaben? I can't see why Buaben should be anywhere near our starting 11 after last few games.

5 hours ago, Chaps said:

Never wanted to beat them so badly since the cup final.

They all think they’re the big team just cause they’ve won 1 Scottish Cup 114 years and this is only their best spell over us since the early 2000s.

Time to put these deluded pricks back in their place.

normal service will be resumed after Lafferty bangs in the winner.

And that Scottish Cup win was a freak event.  It was one piss poor championship club beating another piss poor championship club.  It was the year when the top sides lost interest.

They remain a bunch of peasants.

So Stockton has barely kicked a ball and looks miles from the standard we require and yet people would start him ahead of one of the few people who know how to score a goal for us. Bizarre.

On 22/10/2017 at 09:07, Clerry Jambo said:

Generally games are won and lost from the "engine room"...this worries me for the Derby

Young Cochrane is an excellent talent but do we throw him in the to the heat of a derby which make no mistake it will be.

Hibs have 1 thing about them, experience, which for me is crucial in a game like this.

As you may take from my post I am really worried about the centre of the pitch but I have far more confidence going into a Derby under Levein than Neilson / Cathro

Goan the Jy Tees!!

Exactly what I think Clerry.

Levein has been involved in 52 derbys as player and manager and has only been beaten 6 times  somebody with pace to run at them some of our experienced players are too cumbersome for my liking 

Hearts are paying $3.60 to win here.  I will invest $100 on that and collect £360 in the process.  That equates to 36 pints of Carlesberg at my local which is a very enticing prospect.

Have a very strong feeling that the feel good factor at the Giro has gone and our 3,800 pilgrims are going to be in ecstasy.

letsalldothebeattie
9 hours ago, Spencer said:

Interesting betting on the game. Hibs Evs whilst Draw is 12/5 and Hearts 13/5. Hearts really are outsiders 

Amazing that we are outsiders for this game considering recent form. Hibs have won 1 league game since Ibrox back in August and not won at home in the league since the opening day. Not exactly sparkling form from the all mighty Hibs side that could challenge Celtic as many suggested 

18 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Amazing that we are outsiders for this game considering recent form. Hibs have won 1 league game since Ibrox back in August and not won at home in the league since the opening day. Not exactly sparkling form from the all mighty Hibs side that could challenge Celtic as many suggested 

Agreed. I suspect our last few visits down there aligned to how up for it they undoubtedly are for these games has influenced the market.  

Had a few quid on Hearts at 13/5. Midfield worries me although I suspect that Levein will select a side designed to be a competitive as possible in there.

They are a very overrated side and we've probably used our last two horrifying performances down there as a means of elevating their ability and standing. 

Thankfully Craig Levein has a long history as a player and manager for going to Easter Road and illustrating exactly why Hibernian have one of the worst Derby records in European football 

letsalldothebeattie
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Agreed. I suspect our last few visits down there aligned to how up for it they undoubtedly are for these games has influenced the market.  

Had a few quid on Hearts at 13/5. Midfield worries me although I suspect that Levein will select a side designed to be a competitive as possible in there.

They are a very overrated side and we've probably used our last two horrifying performances down there as a means of elevating their ability and standing. 

Thankfully Craig Levein has a long history as a player and manager for going to Easter Road and illustrating exactly why Hibernian have one of the worst Derby records in European football 

I did wonder if they would factor in the past few visits into putting us as outsiders. 

I have no no doubt Levein will have a plan to win us the game and to once again show why we are the big team in the city and why Hibs have the worst derby record 

Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

I did wonder if they would factor in the past few visits into putting us as outsiders. 

I have no no doubt Levein will have a plan to win us the game and to once again show why we are the big team in the city and why Hibs have the worst derby record 

I have a sneaky suspicion we'll win on Tuesday night :thumbsup:

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

I have a sneaky suspicion we'll win on Tuesday night :thumbsup:

So do I and Lafferty to get the winner just to stick up them even more

On Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 21:29, portobellojambo1 said:

The only thing I'd say is I hope we select a midfield to reflect the way we want to play, rather than just selecting a midfield to try and stop them playing. To me that is showing them too much respect, and showing a lack of confidence in ourselves.

We won't be lying down. That's straight from the horse's mouth. My biggest concern sadly is the referee. I don't think he is anywhere experienced enough for a game of this standing. There will be red shown on Tuesday evening. I just hope not for us.

It's not going to be a pretty game, the rarely are.

So long as the players don't buy into the pish that Hibs are a better team than us. They're not. 

Too difficult to call. A draw or a 1 goal win for either side.

4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hearts are paying $3.60 to win here.  I will invest $100 on that and collect £360 in the process.  That equates to 36 pints of Carlesberg at my local which is a very enticing prospect.

Have a very strong feeling that the feel good factor at the Giro has gone and our 3,800 pilgrims are going to be in ecstasy.

Having read the article below, what's your local Doug and what's a pint there ?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/local-papers/the-wellingtonian/7621775/Is-a-pint-really-a-pint-in-Wellington

Yours in "it's only beer"

TW

Archived