To all the hobos who think they're the big team

Restonbabe

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you could go further. The season you mention - did we not actually win more points than them that season

Sod the 10 years in 142 years we have the far superior record in almost everything

76 more derby wins

Have to say though I am not sure about the European wins though - think they have that.

not sure about the exact European record but I think in terms of qualifying we've done it more.

Mind and minus their invitation in the 50s.

We have won the big cup 8 times, as in lifted the trophy they have won it in 1902 , 2015??

So who won it in 2016?

:uhoh2:

Our far bigger support than them does it for me, plus 16 majors to their 10, 2 big cup

final wins against them, big cup semi hammering, far better derby record than them, 

just easily far bigger.

maroonlegions

So they won it in 1887, :laugh4:  1902 :laugh4:  and 2016. 

3 times to our 8 . and their gaps in winning it is the mark of a wee team.  :laugh4:

1901?02 Scottish Cup - Wikipedia
1902?03 ? The 1901?02 Scottish Cup was the 29th season of Scotland's most prestigious football knockout competition. The Cup was won by Hibernian, who defeated Celtic 1?0 in the Final. This gave Hibs their second Scottish Cup, a tally they would not add to until 2016.

If pumping yer Ma makes you the big team then ok, they're the big team.

Mercer should have seen the job through.

Vermin scum.

maroonlegions

If pumping yer Ma makes you the big team then ok, they're the big team.

Mercer should have seen the job through.

Vermin scum.

PHM attitude when it comes to the vermin, zero tolerance.  :clap:

But but they like a good relegation party.....Oh wait we all know how that turned out.

That was the "Hibsed it" to end all "Hibsed its" :D

They are the best derby rivals in the world.

2 cup semis, 2 finals, head to head title race (1897) and the 2015 Championship Heart of Midlothian came first, Hibernian came second.

But they're the best?

17 and 22 without defeat, higher average att's, 5-1 Cup final, the right side of a ridiculously one sided derby...

But they're the best?

They're losers, who think, believe and fantasise that they're winners. They are wonderful. Heart of Midlothian are the envy of every football club in the world.

You can't buy rivals like Hibs and their ludicrous fan base.

The footballing gods gave us them for free.

Glorious.

But but they like a good relegation party.....Oh wait we all know how that turned out.

"Not in this part of Edinburgh" - think that's always going to stick with me

Montgomery Brewster

So they won it in 1887, :laugh4: 1902 :laugh4: and 2016.

3 times to our 8 . and their gaps in winning it is the mark of a wee team. :laugh4:

1901?02 Scottish Cup - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1901?02_Scottish_Cup

1902?03 ? The 1901?02 Scottish Cup was the 29th season of Scotland's most prestigious football knockout competition. The Cup was won by Hibernian, who defeated Celtic 1?0 in the Final. This gave Hibs their second Scottish Cup, a tally they would not add to until 2016.

It's Still 2 cup wins.

Mismanagement over the next few years led to the demise of Hibernians. The club inexplicably failed to attend a meeting which led to the formation of the Scottish Football League in 1890. This meant that Hibs did not participate in the league, while Edinburgh rivals Hearts and St Bernard's were founder members of the league.[21] Not participating in the league meant that Hibs found friendly match opponents harder to come by, while the lease on Hibernian Park expired.[22] Hibs became homeless and the club effectively ceased operations during 1891, which meant that the remaining star players (including captain James McGhee) moved to Celtic.[22]

The Old Tolbooth

It's Still 2 cup wins.

Mismanagement over the next few years led to the demise of Hibernians. The club inexplicably failed to attend a meeting which led to the formation of the Scottish Football League in 1890. This meant that Hibs did not participate in the league, while Edinburgh rivals Hearts and St Bernard's were founder members of the league.[21] Not participating in the league meant that Hibs found friendly match opponents harder to come by, while the lease on Hibernian Park expired.[22] Hibs became homeless and the club effectively ceased operations during 1891, which meant that the remaining star players (including captain James McGhee) moved to Celtic.[22]

They absolutely hate it when I mention this to them as well, and then finish it off with "or does it only apply to Rangers?" :D

maroonlegions

It's Still 2 cup wins.

:2thumbsup:

:clap:

I've supported and watched Heart of Midlothian for 52 years.Admittedly cos of work and family commitments I had breaks.Ive never thought we were anything but Number One in Edinburgh .Its been a roller coaster,but it's been fun.

maroonlegions

Raging Lennon needs to be included, otherwise outstanding :lol:

He is just to the right of the number 9 on the stair.

queensferryjambo

In the last 10 years you have finished Above us once and in that season you got relegated.

Hibs have finished above us 4 times in the last 10 years.

I am all for bashing Hibs because they are pish and they fans are all dicks etc etc but making stuff up is all very very Hibs............

:fth:  :fth:  :fth:  :fth:  :fth:

Hibs have finished above us 4 times in the last 10 years.

I am all for bashing Hibs because they are pish and they fans are all dicks etc etc but making stuff up is all very very Hibs............

:fth:  :fth:  :fth:  :fth:  :fth:

I thought that must be bullshit.

I checked.

Sadly you're correct. Anyway as mentioned above, Mercer should have finished the job he started.

MacDonald Jardine

Some 'Hearts fans' will be along to tell you that they knocked us out of the Cup 2 years in a row and that makes them bigger than us

Not bigger but on form against us at the moment.

I'm all for bashing Hibs where possible but we have bragging rights because we actually used to beat them on the park.

Time to get back to that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The best way to get right up them is say nowt and be superior. That's what we need to get back to.

So the 10 year thing, vermin ahead in trophies.

Nope. 1-1 or 2-2 if you count the championship titles. Personally though I think the fact our trophy was won through a 5-1 humping of them and the championship was won with them in it counts double. So we win 4-2!

It's funny when they think they are the dominant club. They get their turn for a season or 2 every decade where they put together a wee run against us.

Rarely is it ever down to them being any good. Usually we have shot ourselves in the foot and need a transition phase to rebuild.

It's never long before they are crippled by the big maroon boaby right up the farter once again.

Lucille's Thirsty

I don't know why these sort of threads exist to be honest guys, it's a bit redundant we knew we're superior and they know we're superior in every department.

HHGH.

:fth:

bigis semiauskas

Nope. 1-1 or 2-2 if you count the championship titles. Personally though I think the fact our trophy was won through a 5-1 humping of them and the championship was won with them in it counts double. So we win 4-2!

What about their league cup win in 2007.

Doctor FinnBarr

Just had a wee keek at sisterfister.net and they have a thread slagging this thread, 7 games in a row their unbeaten against us=BIG TEAM

It's Still 2 cup wins.

This.

How on earth they get away with saying they were founded in 1875 is beyond me.

Hibernians ceased to exist in 1891 and it was 1893 before a new club called Hibernian were accepted (thanks to us) into the Scottish League.

This.

How on earth they get away with saying they were founded in 1875 is beyond me.

Hibernians ceased to exist in 1891 and it was 1893 before a new club called Hibernian were accepted (thanks to us) into the Scottish League.

Yip. If we hadn't lent them some players then this and any Hibs thread would be irrelevant.

Yip. If we hadn't lent them some players then this and any Hibs thread would be irrelevant.

Likewise our fans who opposed Mercer's takeover.

Stephane Grappelli

Starting a thread to tell Hibs how unimportant they are? I don't get the logic, not worth giving the kuntz any attention.

Hate to say it but they're a wee bit upset about this thread on .inbred. They appear to have forgotten already that they were thrashed at the Giro by the wee club which relegated them and believe they are superior to us in every respect.

Seems odd that they could be superior to us but grossly inferior to Hamilton Accies.

The Future's Maroon

Another Hibs thread, what is the obsession?

We, I use the word we loosely, are turning into them with the obsession about the club across the city.

I have never, and will never, give a flying **** about anything to do with them.

Maybe a suggestion for the forum, have a wee sub forum for all Hibs talk seeing as it seems so popular all of a sudden.

I hate them, even posting this about them got my heckles up...

FTH and anyone who even gives a shit about them.

Just had a wee keek at sisterfister.net and they have a thread slagging this thread, 7 games in a row their unbeaten against us=BIG TEAM

Predictably descends into "Poppy feevs" and a list of creditors.

We're obsessed though.

And also as if they have not cocked things up enough they hand popcorn teeth an extension of 3 yrs,what's the betting he's gone before that kicks in

Archived