To all the hobos who think they're the big team

Restonbabe

The big team/wee team thing is surely the most harmless, innocuous banter ever between rival fans.

But it feckin enrages them.

Same with "the famous".

They go radge.

Doesn't every fan base in the world have a wee swagger and belief that they're better than their city rivals? Hibs fans themselves often refer to their "famous" green with white sleeves and believe they are morally superior to Jambos. :D

They even call their '50's forward line "famous" and have the word on one of their stands.

Consider this: they snarl with anger when Hearts fans call them the wee team whilst, at the same time, they're calling us saviles, paedos etc.

They're warped and it was Heart of Midlothian that made them so. :)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine

The big team/wee team thing is surely the most harmless, innocuous banter ever between rival fans.

Same with "the famous".

They go radge.

Doesn't every fan base in the world have a wee swagger and belief that they're better than their city rivals? Hibs fans themselves often refer to their "famous" green with white sleeves and believe they are morally superior to Jambos. :D

They even call their '50's forward line "famous" and have the word on one of their stands.

Consider this: they snarl with anger when Hearts fans call them the wee team whilst, at the same time, they're calling us saviles, paedos etc.

Not sure it was us or just their natural state.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure it was us or just their natural state.

I like to think we've done our bit, Mac.

17, 22, 5-1, not being "likwadated"...although you have a point: warped from the beginning. :)

MacDonald Jardine

I like to think we've done our bit, Mac.

17, 22, 5-1, not being "likwadated"...although you have a point: warped from the beginning. :)

Fair point.

Nelly Terraces

Not read the thread - it's utterly pointless doing so.

The only thing people need to know is there's only 1 football club in this city worthy of the name - the other is a fecking joke, supported by bitter, chip on shoulder, arseholes. We've had these james blunts in our back pockets for 30 years and now they've a wee bit of air to breath. Nice for them I'm sure but it won't be long till they're playing the bitch role in Edinburgh football once more.

Vermin Filth - know your ****ing place eh.

Gorgie Rules. :2thumbsup: 

And for me that gives them the bragging rights,if I ever had a conversation/argument with a Hibby I think hitting him with the "we are the big team" stuff would count for nothing in the scheme of things as it's all about the last result, turning them over gives you the bragging rights and past trophy wins don't give you the chance too laugh at them as much as a win in the Derby.

Just got to this.

Ian is clearly being sarcastic.

Do you know 'sarcasm'?

1875 oops.

Just got to this.

Ian is clearly being sarcastic.

Do you know 'sarcasm'

1875 oops.

I was merely making a point, don't get upset over it

Wasn't that long ago the embarrassment of a club had the biggest slope to the pitch in British football!!

Another hibs first :jjyay:

Cheaturz

The "wee team" talk and the 5-1 hand signs never did it for me. The greatest pleasure is going into work or the pub after a victory and just smiling at them. They effing hate that. It's wonderful.

The "wee team" talk and the 5-1 hand signs never did it for me. The greatest pleasure is going into work or the pub after a victory and just smiling at them. They effing hate that. It's wonderful.

Beg to differ, a wee 5-1 sign now and again still gets them emanating total hatred, why?, its like opening a wound they thought was healed . one sign and you taste the pain of that glorious day.

Some of those muppets  still clinging  on to the illusion  that the 0-7 is still the greatest derby victory and outshines the 5-1.. Ramjets the lot of them. 

Also the odd rendition of "when the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish cup YOU WERE THERE, YOU WERE  THERE".. is a real smack down to them. FTH.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

They'll never be bigger than us.

But we did hand them the Scottish cup on a plate.

If I recall correctly they were lucky to win that cup with a very late header against rangers. Hand them anything we certainly did not.

I'll just leave this little titbit here- Hibs would need to win 4 derbies a year for over 19 years to even equal our record.... Think that stat tells a story. 

Beg to differ, a wee 5-1 sign now and again still gets them emanating total hatred, why?, its like opening a wound they thought was healed . one sign and you taste the pain of that glorious day.

Some of those muppets still clinging on to the illusion that the 0-7 is still the greatest derby victory and outshines the 5-1.. Ramjets the lot of them.

Also the odd rendition of "when the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish cup YOU WERE THERE, YOU WERE THERE".. is a real smack down to them. FTH.

Actually it's "When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish cup YOU HAD LEFT, YOU HAD LEFT".

I'm the same,they've got their cup win now so the 5~1 is a thing that they've blocked out, going into work and waiting to bump into them to give them it tight is better than mentioning the 2012 final.

I'm the same,they've got their cup win now so the 5~1 is a thing that they've blocked out, going into work and waiting to bump into them to give them it tight is better than mentioning the 2012 final.

Feck sake , seriously , you really believe that they have block the biggest humiliated  humping from us in a cup final.

You seriously believe that a couple of bad cup results, not final wins relegates the 5-1.  

You pondering the myth  that the 5-1 is now defunct  because they say so too....     :cornette:

Hilarious. 

Actually it's "When the Hearts went up to lift the Scottish cup YOU HAD LEFT, YOU HAD LEFT".

Nope heard the other version too. Actually.  FTH.

I'll just leave this little titbit here- Hibs would need to win 4 derbies a year for over 19 years to even equal our record.... Think that stat tells a story. 

But, but , but, they won the cup. 

Good point though. 

Feck sake , seriously , you really believe that they have block the biggest humiliated humping from us in a cup final.

You seriously believe that a couple of bad cup results, not final wins relegates the 5-1.

You pondering the myth that the 5-1 is now defunct because they say so too.... :cornette:

Hilarious.

You go through life giving the 5~1 sign then because you're living in dream land if you think that still bothers them,maroon tinted glasses on son, there's more to derby games than spouting on about that game but then in your eyes that'll make me less of a Hearts supporter than you eh.

You go through life giving the 5~1 sign then because you're living in dream land if you think that still bothers them,maroon tinted glasses on son, there's more to derby games than spouting on about that game but then in your eyes that'll make me less of a Hearts supporter than you eh.

It doesn't bother them ? In your/their dreams or more probably nightmares. 5-1 FTH.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

It doesn't bother them ? In your/their dreams or more probably nightmares. 5-1 FTH.

It was over 5 years ago,think you should learn to move on and hopefully enjoy your derby's under Levein.

It was over 5 years ago,think you should learn to move on and hopefully enjoy your derby's under Levein.

We will always remember you will never forget. Looking forward to derbies under Craig Levein's leadership he has a great record against you eg another 5-1 with Mark de Vries scoring four.

We will always remember you will never forget. Looking forward to derbies under Craig Levein's leadership he has a great record against you eg another 5-1 with Mark de Vries scoring four.

You're an idiot,why is it if someone doesn't like something they accuse the person of being a Hibby, gurenteed to have been watching Hearts probably double the year's you have you fool,grow up and oh and 5~1.

You're an idiot,why is it if someone doesn't like something they accuse the person of being a Hibby, gurenteed to have been watching Hearts probably double the year's you have you fool,grow up and oh and 5~1.

Doubt it mate I've been watching us since 1971. That means as well as a couple of 5-1s I have witnessed both 17 and 22 in row unbeaten runs against the vermin. But if it makes you happy to slag me off crack on I am pretty think skinned. FTH.

Doubt it mate I've been watching us since 1971. That means as well as a couple of 5-1s I have witnessed both 17 and 22 in row unbeaten runs against the vermin. But if it makes you happy to slag me off crack on I am pretty think skinned. FTH.

Well I've witnessed as much as yourself,you call me a Hibby yet go on about me slagging you off?,do you see the irony in that?, If you've been watching Hearts since 71 that means you're well into your 50s and you are STILL going on about them and the 5~1 game?, I was certainly right about the grow up bit anyway.

Well I've witnessed as much as yourself,you call me a Hibby yet go on about me slagging you off?,do you see the irony in that?, If you've been watching Hearts since 71 that means you're well into your 50s and you are STILL going on about them and the 5~1 game?, I was certainly right about the grow up bit anyway.

1-5 22 in a row 280 v203.

Im auld inaw but i love those numbers.

You dinnae half get irate about it.

Come oan its great haha.

1-5 22 in a row 280 v203.

Im auld inaw but i love those numbers.

You dinnae half get irate about it.

Come oan its great haha.

Dinie get me wrong it's shit hot that we lord it over that lot and having witnessed most of it since we came back up for season 83/84 I can comment on it but what I'm saying is god forbid they won the next game doing a silly 5~1 sign in their face doesn't count for much, I live in the now and being able to have that grin on your face at work after a Derby win is absolutely priceless and better than going on about a cup final over 5 years ago.

On the 5-1: yes, I believe it still hurts them, but not as much as it did before they won the cup.

In the same way that 86 wasnt quite as painful for me after 16/05/98. Still hurts, of course, but not quite as much.

I hope CL gives us new hammerings and heroes to sing about this season rather than having to revert to the 5-1. A last minute Lafferty winner would be very sweet. Beating them 4-0, playing them off the park, with Levein winding up Lennon to the point he is sent to the stands would also be more than sweet.

Lucille's Thirsty

The 7~0 thing meant nothing to me as I was just a bairn and I'm not saying the 5~1 game doesn't bother them I just live in the now and get more satisfaction in winning the Derby compared to shouting about past results.

I agree as much as we'll have the most to brag about, I want us to pummel them into the ground and remind them of their standing in our beautiful city.

They are the shite on our shoes.

George Best got them relegated.

And he enjoyed Hibs so much that he used to arrive for game day then get the hell out of there for the next week as far as I can remember from his autobiography...?

On the 5-1: yes, I believe it still hurts them, but not as much as it did before they won the cup.

In the same way that 86 wasnt quite as painful for me after 16/05/98. Still hurts, of course, but not quite as much.

I hope CL gives us new hammerings and heroes to sing about this season rather than having to revert to the 5-1. A last minute Lafferty winner would be very sweet. Beating them 4-0, playing them off the park, with Levein winding up Lennon to the point he is sent to the stands would also be more than sweet.

The 5-1 is quite simply the biggest gubbing in the history of the Edinburgh derby (considering what was at stake in the game). We could beat them 8-0 in October and that would still get nowhere near the momentousness of that day. We should remind them of it every time we play them.

The 5-1 is quite simply the biggest gubbing in the history of the Edinburgh derby (considering what was at stake in the game). We could beat them 8-0 in October and that would still get nowhere near the momentousness of that day. We should remind them of it every time we play them.

Correct 5-1 anytime is a great result but to win the Scottish Cup at the same time is a huge dollop of icing on the cake. 5-1 in a league match is great but only gets you 3 points.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Same with "the famous".

They go radge.

I think they can't admit to themselves that we are a bigger club which of course we are, they get confused by the fact that we use this term, I doesn't mean we're a big club all over the world we know we aren't but they seem to think that's what we're on about which in fact it's just to remind them who their daddy is and that their the shit on our shoe and the fact that their are the smaller of the two clubs.

I agree that 19/05/12 was monumental for both clubs. We should always be immensely proud of it and never forget.

However, lets have new memories to also sing about and new heroes to idolise rather than continually having to revert back to that day, as glorious and perfect as it was.

October will be a good night to start.

The Future's Maroon

I agree that 19/05/12 was monumental for both clubs. We should always be immensely proud of it and never forget.

However, lets have new memories to also sing about and new heroes to idolise rather than continually having to revert back to that day, as glorious and perfect as it was.

Never let them forget, never.

Great post.

You know what you're bang on the cash. We will always have 5-1 in the locker.

But this derby is massive for us, they rolled us over like bitches under Cathro and it's now time to put them back in their box. They've had a bit fun, time for order to be restored. And with Levein at the helm we will at least go and fight like it's a derby! An early goal for us, preferably Lafferty and popcorn teeth will spontaneously combust!

You know what you're bang on the cash. We will always have 5-1 in the locker.

But this derby is massive for us, they rolled us over like bitches under Cathro and it's now time to put them back in their box. They've had a bit fun, time for order to be restored. And with Levein at the helm we will at least go and fight like it's a derby! An early goal for us, preferably Lafferty and popcorn teeth will spontaneously combust!

Craig Levein will never, ever allow his team to be bullied and ran over by them. Never. I am still amazed he wasnt more hands on during both Robbies and Cathros eras.

Craig Levein will never, ever allow his team to be bullied and ran over by them. Never. I am still amazed he wasnt more hands on during both Robbies and Cathros eras.

Why are you amazed? Dd you not notice the criticism he got from fans and the media for being hands-on even when he WASN'T being hands on??

Archived