To all the hobos who think they're the big team

Restonbabe

Hampden, Fester, Ibrox etc....does it matter where the semis are?

Because it's at Hampden doesn't mean you get a medal.

I want us to get to plenty semis because it's one step from an appearance in the final...the latter being the most important.

Couldn't really care where the semis are hosted.

PS. We were never away from Hampden in the late 80s to mid 90s. We still never won a cup until 98 and we didn't even play at Hampden once that season.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Hibs fans on winning the getting to hampden loads of times trophy. Some achievement.

I believe the trophy is made of glass shaped like a bottle and is prone smashing.

Fair play to Hibs fans on winning the getting to hampden loads of times trophy. Some achievement.

Its all fine and dandy getting to hampden but  getting horsed 5-1 must have been fecking horendous 

Its all fine and dandy getting to hampden but getting horsed 5-1 must have been fecking horendous

I'd love to know what there goals for v against record is in all these thousands of trips to hampden.

'00 v. Aberdeen, 1-2, after taking the lead.

'01 v. Celtic, 0-3,

'02 v. Ayr, 0-1,

'04 v. Livi, 0-2,

'05 v. Dundee Utd, 1-2, again after taking the lead.

'06 v. Hearts, 0-4,

'07 v. Dunfermline, 0-0 and 0-1.

'12 v. Hearts, 1-5,

'13 v. Celtic, 0-3,

'15 v. Falkirk, 0-1,

'16 v. Ross Co. 1-2.

Many appearances, mostly dire.

No Jambo would swap.

:lol:

Steady now, Ian. The plastic fellah only deals in facts, not conjecture.

Speaking about ones self in the 3rd person is the sign of a wee shareen.

72% .

And aye a know ye support hearts .

But this is a hibs bashing thread.

Theres always one

The day I start measuring success in reaching and losing cup finals and semis, is they day I just jack it all in and get a Hibs tattoo on my chin.

The day I start measuring success in reaching and losing cup finals and semis, is they day I just jack it all in and get a Hibs tattoo on my chin.

I think some folk on here already have said tattoo.

Its all fine and dandy getting to hampden but  getting horsed 5-1 must have been fecking horendous

Happened to us in 1996. And yes, it was.

Agreed which is why I said about all that matters is winning. Having said that, I would still like to have had more days out at Hampden than we have in recent years, especially given how weak the OF have been (Celtic apart the last few seasons).

Agreed. Plus, the more semis/finals you get to, the more experience your team gets and they are then better placed to handle it the next time. For us, 96 probably helped us to win in 98, albeit I didnt see it in that light after the game.

There is also the financial side of things, which more and more people talk about (to the point of describing promising players as potential transfer fees). Had we had the cup runs that Hibs have had then the new stand financing would have been quite a bit easier, for example.

Speaking about ones self in the 3rd person is the sign of a wee shareen.

72% .

And aye a know ye support hearts .

But this is a hibs bashing thread.

Theres always one

Let's bash them then....

Hearts fan - 5-1 get it up ye

Hibs fan - Who cares? We won the cup at your expense last year.

Hearts fan - Big team tho

Hibs fan - Big team who couldn't get out a group of 3 part time teams whilst we're back at Hampden and we're currently above you in the league after playing diddy fitba for 3 years.

Like I said, I'll refrain from looking like a dafty

Let's bash them then....

Hibs fan - Big team who couldn't get out a group of 3 part time teams whilst we're back at Hampden and we're currently above you in the league after playing diddy fitba for 3 years.

Yeah, beating your local rivals by a four goal difference in the national cup competition is just a trifling irrelevance compared to winning one cup in 115 years.

Away and give yer poop-chute peace for ten minutes. :lol:

Yeah, beating your local rivals by a four goal difference in the national cup competition is just a trifling irrelevance compared to winning one cup in 115 years.

Away and give yer poop-chute peace for ten minutes. :lol:

To them, yes it is. Completely irrelevant actually such was there need to end that 115 year run. The fact we were complicit in them winning it no doubt makes it that bit sweeter.

Let's bash them then....

You've not refrained, you've just confirmed.

History has got to mean something in the bragging stakes!

The pendulum can swing in the current moment from one month or over a few in respect of oneupmanship.

Hearts record over Hibs can make their efforts to brag about their recent short term feelings of superiority look a bit naff.

If we turn around our league form, win the next derby and go on to finish above them, is it ok to to roll out the 1-5's again?

It's forever no matter the conditions, and that's it.

To them, yes it is. Completely irrelevant actually such was there need to end that 115 year run. The fact we were complicit in them winning it no doubt makes it that bit sweeter.

Personally I think it's playground stuff,it's all about the now and winning the next Derby and the bragging rights that come with it at work on the Monday morning.

Nope. You are talking shite. 1-5 still upsets them a great deal. Thankfully they have only managed to pull the wool over a few of the more weak-minded Hearts supporters about their 115 year wait for a cup taking away the pain. Don't feel too bad about it though, mate. The world doesn't move to the beat of the same drum and there is a place for all levels of intellect in the rich tapestry of society. :thumbsup:

Personally I think it's playground stuff,it's all about the now and winning the next Derby and the bragging rights that come with it at work on the Monday morning.

Of course it's playground stuff. I don't know where you've been for the entire time football has been played in your lifetime, but the very nature of the beast is oneupmanship and partisan tribalism. In your idea of football utopia, there is no place for history and records of achievement. We would be the greatest team in the country the next time we fluke a narrow win against Celtic.

We should probably just do away with cups too. No point in hanging on to past glories, it's all about the here and now after all. :rofl:

Let's bash them then....

Me.. Awrite

Hibs fan....awrite

Me ...no bad

Hibs fan...Aye we are the big team now

Me ....shut yer pus ya slavering welt

Hibs fan...but we

Me ...shut up please have you seen our derny record..

Hibs fan....but but

Me....

Shut up and whose that boy sitting over there dressed up like a banger in clothes fae cruise.

Hes talkin about hiself in the 3rd person

Hibs fan....och he sits beside us sookin oor erses aw the time

Of course it's playground stuff. I don't know where you've been for the entire time football has been played in your lifetime, but the very nature of the beast is oneupmanship and partisan tribalism. In your idea of football utopia, there is no place for history and records of achievement. We would be the greatest team in the country the next time we fluke a narrow win against Celtic.

We should probably just do away with cups too. No point in hanging on to past glories, it's all about the here and now after all. :rofl:

Because that's what I said didn't I?, I said forget all about filleting them at Hampden and previous results didn't I?,no child I tend to enjoy things that are relevant to my life now not living on the past as you certainly do,I am of the opinion that we finished them that day in May 2012 and so the big team stuff is a no brainer so what's the point in giving it any thought?I dare say in the past you yourself have either posted or uttered the words "we finished or killed them" since then but did it matter after we'd lost the games afterwards?, I'll be down Lochend in the Dunbar End looking forward to putting them in their place whilst I dare say you'll be watching it tv whilst doing 5~1 signs.

Because that's what I said didn't I?, I said forget all about filleting them at Hampden and previous results didn't I?,no child I tend to enjoy things that are relevant to my life now not living on the past as you certainly do,I am of the opinion that we finished them that day in May 2012 and so the big team stuff is a no brainer so what's the point in giving it any thought?I dare say in the past you yourself have either posted or uttered the words "we finished or killed them" since then but did it matter after we'd lost the games afterwards?, I'll be down Lochend in the Dunbar End looking forward to putting them in their place whilst I dare say you'll be watching it tv whilst doing 5~1 signs.

:lol:

Me.. Awrite

Hibs fan....awrite

Me ...no bad

Hibs fan...Aye we are the big team now

Me ....shut yer pus ya slavering welt

Hibs fan...but we

Me ...shut up please have you seen our derny record..

Hibs fan....but but

Me....

Shut up and whose that boy sitting over there dressed up like a banger in clothes fae cruise.

Hes talkin about hiself in the 3rd person

Hibs fan....och he sits beside us sookin oor erses aw the time

You...that boy sitting over there in the gear looks barry whilst my 2005 away top is covered in sauce from my king rib supper. Never mind, I'll be going home later to blast aw err the tv whilst watching Babestation.

Me...correct. Got it in one.

Walter :goofy:

Sorry, I'll elaboarate.

I'd just realised what I was dealing with here, and it made me laugh.

You don't like it when people are able to engage their minds enough to both enjoy history and success and enjoy the here and now.

Sorry for overestimating your mental capacity. Won't happen again. :thumbsup:

You...that boy sitting over there in the gear looks barry whilst my 2005 away top is covered in sauce from my king rib supper. Never mind, I'll be going home later to blast aw err the tv whilst watching Babestation.

Lol.

Quality mate

Sorry, I'll elaboarate.

I'd just realised what I was dealing with here, and it made me laugh.

You don't like it when people are able to engage their minds enough to both enjoy history and success and enjoy the here and now.

Sorry for overestimating your mental capacity. Won't happen again. :thumbsup:

Why thank you for those little pearls of wisdom from your good self, there was I posting under the assumption that you can actually have an opinion that may differ from the likes of yourself, the seasoned poster on Jambos Kickback... I was wrong, so maybe it's a good thing that you are going to ignore my future thoughts/posts on all things Hearts because you might just fall off your high horse if you disagree with them.

Why thank you for those little pearls of wisdom from your good self, there was I posting under the assumption that you can actually have an opinion that may differ from the likes of yourself, the seasoned poster on Jambos Kickback... I was wrong, so maybe it's a good thing that you are going to ignore my future thoughts/posts on all things Hearts because you might just fall off your high horse if you disagree with them.

No bother. I'm here to help. :thumbsup:

You...that boy sitting over there in the gear looks barry whilst my 2005 away top is covered in sauce from my king rib supper. Never mind, I'll be going home later to blast aw err the tv whilst watching Babestation.

:) :)

That's actually pretty good. :thumb:

As usual, a dignified and courteous response.

:thumbsup:

Thank you, Morgan. As always, a perfectly civil and decent post. Hope you are well, mate? :)

Thank you, Morgan. As always, a perfectly civil and decent post. Hope you are well, mate? :)

Thank you, yes.

Yourself?

Thank you, yes.

Yourself?

Great thanks. Making good headway on the house renovation and absolutely buzzing about my trip to some old haunts on Saturday. Great away day Partick Thistle. :thumbsup:

Let's bash them then....

You would look like a dafty if you ended this momentous battle of intellects there. However the obvious next answer is to point out it was a team of Hearts teenagers who helped relegate Hibs to diddy football in the first place and a rookie Hearts manager who helped keep them down there, winning that league in much more style than Hibs eventually did. You could also point out that we won our first 5 games when back up and even this season with all our manager troubles, away games and a tough fixture start we're just behind them.

Then you can throw in that we make over 100 grand a month from fans while their one off campaign for 100 grand has bombed. And our new stand is the dug's baws, making the ground regularly voted the best in the country even better.

At the same time you could remind them that they're in hock to tom farmer who desperately wants shot of the club and all transfer monies go to pay him back. We meanwhile are on track for fan ownership with a current owner who loves football and the club.

You can end by saying they'll need a longer unbeaten run (by about 15 games) and a bigger derby cup win than 5-1 to ever get near us in the bragging rights stakes.

Then wish them well in their annual slide down the league after xmas and traditional hampden disappointment. Finally, remind them we've saved them twice from going under.

If they insist about banging on about hampden remind them how often they lose and lose big there, especially against us (it's 9-1 really).

Great thanks. Making good headway on the house renovation and absolutely buzzing about my trip to some old haunts on Saturday. Great away day Partick Thistle. :thumbsup:

Top notch.

Good to hear about the house :thumb:

Enjoy the Partick experience. Hopefully we'll get a decent win to top off your day.

You would look like a dafty if you ended this momentous battle of intellects there. However the obvious next answer is to point out it was a team of Hearts teenagers who helped relegate Hibs to diddy football in the first place and a rookie Hearts manager who helped keep them down there, winning that league in much more style than Hibs eventually did. You could also point out that we won our first 5 games when back up and even this season with all our manager troubles, away games and a tough fixture start we're just behind them.

Then you can throw in that we make over 100 grand a month from fans while their one off campaign for 100 grand has bombed. And our new stand is the dug's baws, making the ground regularly voted the best in the country even better.

At the same time you could remind them that they're in hock to tom farmer who desperately wants shot of the club and all transfer monies go to pay him back. We meanwhile are on track for fan ownership with a current owner who loves football and the club.

You can end by saying they'll need a longer unbeaten run (by about 15 games) and a bigger derby cup win than 5-1 to ever get near us in the bragging rights stakes.

Then wish them well in their annual slide down the league after xmas and traditional hampden disappointment. Finally, remind them we've saved them twice from going under.

If they insist about banging on about hampden remind them how often they lose and lose big there, especially against us (it's 9-1 really).

That's going to be difficult via text, kidda.

"... momentous battle of intellects... "

One of the most amusingly accurate put-downs I've read in this gaff for a long time. :lol:

"... momentous battle of intellects... "

One of the most amusingly accurate put-downs I've read in this gaff for a long time. :lol:

The hearts fan I'm referencing in my post is you. :)

The hearts fan I'm referencing in my post is you. :)

The Hearts fan you are referring to in your post will live and die a better and happier person than you. He is also insanely better looking and absolutely delightful company. :thumbsup:

The Hearts fan you are referring to in your post will live and die a better and happier person than you. He is also insanely better looking and absolutely delightful company. :thumbsup:

But, is he fantastically modest, sports a full head of hair and carries the body of Adonis with pride?

But, is he fantastically modest, sports a full head of hair and carries the body of Adonis with pride?

Good on you having the courage to declare your man love for your "friend" Ryder,it proves that you can be homosexual and be proud of it.

Good on you having the courage to declare your man love for your "friend" Ryder,it proves that you can be homosexual and be proud of it.

Gay jokes lolz!

:2thumbsup:

I'm more of a Dame Helen Mirren than a Salma Hayek tbh. I'm hot, there's really no way of denying that, and it'd be churlish self-modesty if I tried to. However, my beauty is more about my sexy confidence and how I carry myself, rather than my stop-traffic looks or body. B)

Nothing funny about it and I apologise if I offended either one of you.

I'm not gay, mate. I kinda envy those crazy *******s though. Wish I could get away with being so loud and extrovert! I usually just get told to shut up or leave.

I have said this many times before, but I reckon I would make an amazeballs 'gay-icon' though. I tick all the boxes except fancying other guys.

I'm a bit like the male Kylie. :)

I'm more of a Dame Helen Mirren than a Salma Hayek tbh. I'm hot, there's really no way of denying that, and it'd be churlish self-modesty if I tried to. However, my beauty is more about my sexy confidence and how I carry myself, rather than my stop-traffic looks or body. B)

Cool.

I'm not gay, mate. I kinda envy those crazy *******s though. Wish I could get away with being so loud and extrovert! I usually just get told to shut up or leave.

I have said this many times before, but I reckon I would make an amazeballs 'gay-icon' though. I tick all the boxes except fancying other guys.

I'm a bit like the male Kylie. :)

The mind boggles, sorry about that though no offence was meant but with your description of yourself I reckon you would be our own maroon version of Louis Spence.

NYFP successfully de-rails another decent thread..

can we not get back to ripping the pish out them like we where prior to this nonsense..

who gives a **** they got to the semi of the league cup, seriously, i certainly dont.

Archived