Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

Richard Desmond, backer of Brexit, is using EU law to sue the Lottery Commission over his failed bid to run the National Lottery.

Bloody EU laws letting me sue people.

:rofl:

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

periodictabledancer

Gibraltar are about to sign a deal with Spain ...

"

Spain is ready to sign a deal on the post-Brexit status of Gibraltar as early as Wednesday, the country’s foreign minister, José Manuel Albares, said before a meeting in Brussels with his British counterpart, David Cameron.

The deal will centre on trade, immigration and the movement of workers to and from Spain."

Gibraltarians/Gib based workers  commiting widespread fraud in attempts to work in Spain to the extent the Spanish have agreed a deal to reach some compromise.

Gib will be in Schengen. And not a peep from the flag sha ggers. 

Are we still taking back control ? 

Anybody else remember the good old days when they proclaimed 🇬🇧 🇬🇧"Gib is British". 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

28 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spain are good guys can't live without us comrades 

IMG_2144.jpeg

Probably doing it in return for the British conceding that control of Gibraltar's external borders should be carried out by the Spanish national police. ;)

59 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Gibraltar are about to sign a deal with Spain ...

"

Spain is ready to sign a deal on the post-Brexit status of Gibraltar as early as Wednesday, the country’s foreign minister, José Manuel Albares, said before a meeting in Brussels with his British counterpart, David Cameron.

The deal will centre on trade, immigration and the movement of workers to and from Spain."

Gibraltarians/Gib based workers  commiting widespread fraud in attempts to work in Spain to the extent the Spanish have agreed a deal to reach some compromise.

Gib will be in Schengen. And not a peep from the flag sha ggers. 

Are we still taking back control ? 

Anybody else remember the good old days when they proclaimed 🇬🇧 🇬🇧"Gib is British". 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Judging by the number of Spanish workers, especially in our hotel, restaurants & cafe's which we encountered in Gibraltar just a couple of weeks ago I'm not surprised Gibraltar & Spain would want an easier freedom of movement between the two.

The queues of vehicles waiting to get into Spain was horrendous, it took us some 45 minutes to get through security at Gibraltar airport (complete shambles it was) and you can see the border from security, there was one campervan which travelled around about 30 yards in that 45 minutes, so anything which would speed this up would be welcome from both countries, I'd imagine.

manaliveits105

UK signs deal with Japan and Italy to build next generation fighter jets in Britain - well done Rishi 

Onwards and certainly upwards 

IMG_2942.jpeg

22 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Onwards and upwards 

Ahhh.... those sunlit uplands.  🙄

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

UK signs deal with Japan and Italy to build next generation fighter jets in Britain - well done Rishi 

IMG_2942.jpeg

Presumably  there'll be a VIP lane for Tory donors who sit on the boards of MoD suppliers ?

On 29/11/2023 at 12:26, Mikey1874 said:

tbf, the UK is now in such a mess that if we rejoined  its hard to believe anyone from another EU country would want to exercise their right of free movement to come here. 

Apart from criminal gangs maybe, due to our police funding having been cut to the bone.

periodictabledancer

I just bought some t-shirts on the internet but because it was British oriented I didn't bother to look at the country of origin, assuming it'd be UK based The per unit cost added for customs charges was £12  per item (3 items).

I don't recall this being mentioned in the "taking back control" hype. 

Edited by periodictabledancer

9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

IMG_2942.jpeg

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but I'm afraid locating the head office in the UK does not equate to platforms being built here. Programme still very much at the demonstrator stage with final workshare TBD so I wouldn't unfurl the "Brexit benefit" flags just yet.

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, EC_Hearts said:

Nothing wrong with being optimistic but I'm afraid locating the head office in the UK does not equate to platforms being built here. Programme still very much at the demonstrator stage with final workshare TBD so I wouldn't unfurl the "Brexit benefit" flags just yet.

The fact that Italy are part of the deal, tells you that being an EU member, enables you to bid. So this is most definitely not a “Brexit benefit”, unless I’m missing something?

Not having a go BTW.

The good news I’m deducing from another poster, is that Sunak signed the contract, which for some reason, is ‘newsworthy’ and laudable? Presumably celebrating the fact that we have a Prime Minister, that can actually write? Small mercies I suppose.

periodictabledancer
15 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

IMG_2942.jpeg😂

2035 ? 😂

A real money spinner - from a country that hasn't got a pot to piss in* but which is going to develop a replacement for the Typhoon. 

Actually that's two, seeing Japan has been bust for years longer than us.

A complete Ponzi scheme that needs Saudi money to bankroll it but nobody trusts them since they compromised Trump to buy US nuclear screts. 

Sounds a sure fire winner , for fantasists. 

jack D and coke
13 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Ahhh.... those sunlit uplands.  🙄

Presumably  there'll be a VIP lane for Tory donors who sit on the boards of MoD suppliers ?

tbf, the UK is now in such a mess that if we rejoined  its hard to believe anyone from another EU country would want to exercise their right of free movement to come here. 

Apart from criminal gangs maybe, due to our police funding having been cut to the bone.

There’s VIP lanes for these barges for the migrants :lol: 

Tories gonna Tory. 

SectionDJambo

I'm finding it difficult to figure out how a collaborative arrangement to build fighter jets, between the UK and others, is a result of Brexit. A benefit of Brexit even.

Were we not building fighter jets, and involved in other projects,  in collaboration with other nations whilst we were in the EU? 

2 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I'm finding it difficult to figure out how a collaborative arrangement to build fighter jets, between the UK and others, is a result of Brexit. A benefit of Brexit even.

Were we not building fighter jets, and involved in other projects,  in collaboration with other nations whilst we were in the EU? 

Considering one of the partners is Italy, EU membership is obviously not a bar on involvement.

3 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Typhoon & Tornado were in partnership with other countries, namely Germany & Italy, so no surprise that Italy will also be a partner for the new project as well.

20 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

The fact that Italy are part of the deal, tells you that being an EU member, enables you to bid. So this is most definitely not a “Brexit benefit”, unless I’m missing something?

Not having a go BTW.

The good news I’m deducing from another poster, is that Sunak signed the contract, which for some reason, is ‘newsworthy’ and laudable? Presumably celebrating the fact that we have a Prime Minister, that can actually write? Small mercies I suppose.

Not a problem mate just the fact that it appeared in the brexit thread I thought i'd mention it. there's a lot more I could say but other posters appear to have it covered (Saudi, etc) other than re-inventing the laws of physics to achieve what is being looked for. Maybe leaving the EU should allow us to do this😃

On 14/12/2023 at 08:28, manaliveits105 said:

IMG_2942.jpeg

Show Europe just how we are 'Taking Back Control' - by having to shack up with Japan and the still European country, Italy, as we can't build anything by ourselves.

Amazing. 

SectionDJambo

If Trump and Johnson had stayed in their positions of power it probably would have happened, with the UK agreeing to any crap deal to be able to allow the Mail and Express to hail it as the deal of the century for Britain and yet another Brexit benefit to follow the outstanding deal with the Aussies and New Zealanders, which they couldn’t quite stop laughing about. Not to mention that Pacific thing which was to have us rolling in cash.

I’m being unfair. Jacob has already told us it will take 50 years for us to feel any benefit. Something he forgot to mention at the time of the referendum, just like none of them can remember who got the big bus slogan about those riches for the NHS done.

periodictabledancer
16 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did someone mention trade deals

Nancy Pelosi made it cyrstal clear years ago there was zero chance of a US-UK trade deal given the way London was behaving over the brexit/NI situation.

He quite evidently shares that same disdain for London : they are not to be trusted. 

WorldChampions1902
18 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Did someone mention trade deals

And the dafties keep on about us being in a speshul relationship. I suppose they’re right, given that lapdogs have a special relationship with their masters.

The kind of "special relationship" when a well-to-do youngster has to take care of an elderly demented parent who's been found laying in a puddle of their own mess and won't stop banging on about immigrants.

UK cheese exports to Canada will be effectively halted from 1st Jan 2024 as the UK has failed to clinch a new trade deal.

Canada was pushing the UK to lower quality standards in regards to beef, so it's kinda good that we held firm and didn't fold. But then we did fail to gain a specific cheese deal and roll-over the existing EU deal which rubs out on Dec 31st. 

This is also even after the UK joined the CPTPP trade block which includes Canada.

UK cheese exports to Canada will default to the Non-EU tariff quota which all other cheese importers share. 95% of this is already spoken for.

Anything over that quota will be hit with a 245% duty.

:fonzie: 

Edited by Cade

1 minute ago, Cade said:

UK cheese exports to Canada will be effectively halted from 1st Jan 2024 as the UK has failed to clinch a new trade deal.

Canada was pushing the UK to lower quality standards in regards to beef, so it's kinda good that we held firm and didn't fold. But then we did fail to gain a specific cheese deal and roll-over the existing EU deal which rubs out on Dec 31st. 

UK cheese exports to Canada will default to the Non-EU tariff quota which all other cheese importers share. 95% of this is already spoken for.

Anything over that quota will be hit with a 245% duty.

:fonzie: 

So we had more power, influence and bargaining ability as part of a larger less pushable bloc of countries. Strange that.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It is a genuine story. Regulations on speeds and links to other transport. HS2 would have been part of UK meet standards. 

Not now. Rashid's spunking the cash on filling pot holes in London.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is the Express not a right wing rag and you can't trust anything you read :interehjrling:

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It is a genuine story. Regulations on speeds and links to other transport. HS2 would have been part of UK meet standards. 

What's the problem?  I'm reading the picture and the map on my phone, and as far as I can see it shows plans for transport infrastructure developments in EU countries.  Countries that aren't in the EU aren't included.  Why would anyone call that "scheming"?  Surely it would be scheming if the EU was trying to INCLUDE the British in the plans?

periodictabledancer
20 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20231226_115714.jpg

The poor old Express not able to comprehend there is no transport link from Dover to Holyhead that fits the bill.

And there never will be now because the Irish have long since abandoned the UK landbridge approach of old and gone for a dozen or so direct ferry links from Ire to EU instead. 

20 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is the Express not a right wing rag and you can't trust anything you read :interehjrling:

Oh Nucky... willfully obtuse?

Backward Britain's tears...

Screenshot_20231227_084956_Mastodon.thumb.jpg.4b2bad5f9ab16cf580eee60b5c6dc930.jpg

Edited by Gundermann

It's an example of Dead Cat strategy.
The actual story is "But the government has now said it will not change the rules, after 98.7% of respondents to a consultation favoured using metric as the main measurement unit for sales, as now, or as the only unit"
whereas the News story is about selling champagne in imaginary pint pots

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Who cares we left - deal with it 

good to see the comrades still avidly follow the Express though 

I'm old enough to remember you greeting about the ex-pats not being given leave to stay in Spain permanently.

You left. Deal with it. 😎

Phil D. Corners
3 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Oh Nucky... willfully obtuse?

Backward Britain's tears...

Screenshot_20231227_084956_Mastodon.thumb.jpg.4b2bad5f9ab16cf580eee60b5c6dc930.jpg

In fairness.. HS2 was cancelled/reduced months ago.  Maybe they omitted that it was no longer viable without EU funding at the time. 

34 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

In fairness.. HS2 was cancelled/reduced months ago.  Maybe they omitted that it was no longer viable without EU funding at the time. 

Spent the dough on repairing London's roads according to Tory ads.

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Are we still out ? 

The explosion in small boat migration?
The shrinking economy?
UK losing international relevance?
Missing from the European transport map?
Longer queues at ports/airports?
Champagne in pint glasses?
image.jpeg.0f3f8a63bf64b6edd5b73fe0adfc04c4.jpeg

Magic 8 ball is never wrong