Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

23 minutes ago, jake said:

Cheaper chicken bakes you say?

Get us out NOW !

Pasty tax introduced by the UK Tory Government in 2012 NOT EU. In 2011 A European ruling meant that restaurants and pubs could pay no VAT on take-away food and drink, and they could reclaim some of the tax paid over the past four years. HMRC appealed against this and eventually won the right to levy VAT via the budget.

File it alongside straight bananas Boris 🙂

Edited by RobboM

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Not just blue passports to look forward to anymore. Enter, Brexit commemorative 50 pence coins.

Seriously

:rofl:

"In friendship with all nations" 🤣

A few weeks ago a lassie at my work left after years. She's ****ing brutal, a right nasty piece of work, always angry, always defensive, cares about no one but herself. She's the type that'll answer a question with "am I meant to do your job as well as mine ffs"

She shouts, she goes daft at nothing, she's a drag to be around and grudges pulling her weight, acts like it's a favour, basically makes a **** of herself all over the place.

She was totally shocked to find out she's unpopular, that no one wanted to go for leaving drinks, that after telling everyone to **** off repeatedly no one wanted to keep in touch and put up with her bullshit any longer than they had to. 

Maybe releasing a coin that says "in friendship with all my ex colleagues" will sort it. 

On 09/08/2019 at 18:32, DETTY29 said:

Why can't Northern Ireland be like Switzerland, er, ok?

Edit - that might work.

Do Switzerland have nationalists that destroy any CCTV or other border surveillance. 

Edited by Mikey1874

18 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Not just blue passports to look forward to anymore. Enter, Brexit commemorative 50 pence coins.

Seriously

:rofl:

They'll be worthless, the way the GBP is heading.

The normally impressive Caroline Lucas has damaged her reputation with her nonsense,  yet serious,  proposal for an all female unity cabinet.    She'll look back on that and regret it.      

Seymour M Hersh
On 12/08/2019 at 10:58, Victorian said:

The normally impressive Caroline Lucas has damaged her reputation with her nonsense,  yet serious,  proposal for an all female unity cabinet.    She'll look back on that and regret it.      

No she won't. She's an utter loon. 

Amber Rudd in march:

"No-Deal will cause catastrophic damage to the UK economy which will last for at least a generation. I will resign from the government and vote to block No Deal if I have no other option"

Amber Rudd today:

"No-Deal is nae bother. It'll all be barry."

:Aye: :bolt:

Amber Rudd.

She told ITV: 'A No Deal Brexit is definitely going to be a challenge for the economy, which is why the Government is putting together so much preparation should it come to that, and we are very clearly focused as a Government that we want to get a deal.'

Asked about previous comments she made in which she said a No Deal Brexit would cause 'generational damage to the economy', she said: 'I can tell that a No Deal Brexit would be far worse than a deal Brexit, which is why the Government is so focused on trying to get that.

'But we are also putting in place a lot of preparation to make sure that, should it come to that, we will have done all we can to mitigate against any difficulties.'

Dusk_Till_Dawn

They all just say whatever.

seriously disappointed with Lucas. Could have contributed something but has lost credibility now.

We will never be allowed to leave.

The speaker of the house

20 senior tories

And Corbyn

Plus the efforts of the EU.

The peasants vote is worthless.

dobmisterdobster
15 minutes ago, jake said:

The speaker of the house

20 senior tories

And Corbyn

How so? Only the executive can revoke or request an extension to Article 50, not the legislature.

Hammond and others can oppose no deal from the back benches but there is little he can do to stop it.

The Speaker doesn't want the Prime Minister to prorogue parliament which he was unlikely to do anyway.

Unless Corbyn can be installed as PM after a successful no-confidence vote against Boris, there is little he can do.

The EU is bound by treaty to obey the process.

3 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

How so? Only the executive can revoke or request an extension to Article 50, not the legislature.

Hammond and others can oppose no deal from the back benches but there is little he can do to stop it.

The Speaker doesn't want the Prime Minister to prorogue parliament which he was unlikely to do anyway.

Unless Corbyn can be installed as PM after a successful no-confidence vote against Boris, there is little he can do.

The EU is bound by treaty to obey the process.

We wont leave.

The exit will be delayed.

The propaganda will keep going .

And eventually it will not happen.

13 minutes ago, jake said:

We wont leave.

The exit was delayed by the Brexiteer MPs

May's deal was supported by
Boris Johnson

Iain Duncan Smith
Jacob Rees Mogg

Michael Gove
Dominic Raaaab

... and ultimately scuppered by Brexit extremists.

And there's the truth of the matter. Brexiteers will never take responsibility for Brexit. It will always be someone else who is to blame. Just grow a set and accept responsibility for this shit fest that Brexit has been. There was no plan. There was no agreement on what "Brexit" ever meant. Even when you had a Brexit deal agreed between the British government and the EU and supported by the above listed halfwits .... and still the Brexiteer elite weren't happy. Well too ****ing bad!

6 minutes ago, RobboM said:

The exit was delayed by the Brexiteer MPs

May's deal was supported by
Boris Johnson

Iain Duncan Smith
Jacob Rees Mogg

Michael Gove
Dominic Raaaab

... and ultimately scuppered by Brexit extremists.

And there's the truth of the matter. Brexiteers will never take responsibility for Brexit. It will always be someone else who is to blame. Just grow a set and accept responsibility for this shit fest that Brexit has been. There was no plan. There was no agreement on what "Brexit" ever meant. Even when you had a Brexit deal agreed between the British government and the EU and supported by the above listed halfwits .... and still the Brexiteer elite weren't happy. Well too ****ing bad!

Angry remainers make me chuckle.

17.4million Leave votes.

17.4million ideas as to what Brexit should look like.

That's the entire issue.

None of them can agree on the colour of shite.

No clear plans since day one.

They had 40 years of constant moaning to come up with a plan.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, Cade said:

17.4million Leave votes.

17.4million ideas as to what Brexit should look like.

That's the entire issue.

None of them can agree on the colour of shite.

No clear plans since day one.

They had 40 years of constant moaning to come up with a plan.

A lot of them voted purely for racist reasons. 

9 hours ago, jake said:

We wont leave.

What propaganda is that?

10 hours ago, jake said:

The speaker of the house

20 senior tories

And Corbyn

:conspiracy:

10 hours ago, jake said:

Its like a comfortable USSR .

You don't half spout some garbage.

Which alt-right site are you getting this from now?

As RobboM says the only reason we haven't left (29 March) the EU is the people who most want to leave the EU voted against agreeing to leave.

No other reason. 

2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

A lot of them voted purely for racist reasons. 

I remember listening to radio Scotland and they had a guy on from Dundee, fuming at people calling Brexit voters Racist, kaye Adams was creaming her pants.

"oh No, I wouldn't call anyone who voted for Brexit a Racist, but by the way, why did you vote for Brexit"

The reply was

"Cause England's not England anymore, you go into any city or town and it's been taken over by none English people. I don't want that in Scotland" 

Conversation was quickly wrapped up... 

Edited by jumpship

11 hours ago, jake said:

We wont leave.

Good.

53 minutes ago, jumpship said:

I remember listening to radio Scotland and they had a guy on from Dundee, fuming at people calling Brexit voters Racist, kaye Adams was creaming her pants.

"oh No, I wouldn't call anyone who voted for Brexit a Racist, but by the way, why did you vote for Brexit"

The reply was

"Cause England's not England anymore, you go into any city or town and it's been taken over by none English people. I don't want that in Scotland" 

Conversation was quickly wrapped up... 

and the same goes for Scottish Separatists

2 hours ago, Boris said:

What propaganda is that?

:conspiracy:

You don't half spout some garbage.

Which alt-right site are you getting this from now?

Two thirds of guests on bbc flagship shows are pro remain.

I never said it was a conspiracy.

Although by definition those 20 Tories Corbyn the liberals and snp are conspiring to stop brexit.

Indeed Jo Swinson has stated that even if a revote to place and leave won she would still try to stop it happening.

I'm sorry you dont agree with my point of view .

I respect your right to do so.

I dont agree with some of yours either.

But I dont think your point of view is garbage just a different view.

I do not visit alt right sites to form my viewpoint.

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Referring to Question Time?  Which one?  Who were the panel?  I could give you several examples of unbalanced opinion on that to be fair, depending on the debate right enough.

I never said it was a conspiracy.

You pretty much did.

Although by definition those 20 Tories Corbyn the liberals and snp are conspiring to stop brexit.

Indeed Jo Swinson has stated that even if a revote to place and leave won she would still try to stop it happening.

Corbyn is for brexit, just no deal as far as I am aware?

I'm sorry you dont agree with my point of view .

Don't be, you're entitled to it.

I respect your right to do so.

I dont agree with some of yours either.

Indeed.

But I dont think your point of view is garbage just a different view.

That's up to you.  "Comfortable USSR" is garbage though!  IMO.

I do not visit alt right sites to form my viewpoint.

You have done in the past (see the Epstein thread)

11 hours ago, jake said:

Angry remainers make me chuckle.

Thing is though I didn't start off as an Angry Remainer.

As an institution I'd regard the EU as a largely benign bureaucracy doing more good than harm. Most importantly though it had established greater individual freedoms for us in this country. You and I now had the right to travel, study, work or retire throughout the EU. I'm too old for most of those opportunities and I'm content, at the moment at least, to be retired in Scotland. I'll have to take up Irish citizenship to keep those rights once you are taking away. Yesterday I heard from a former work colleague, a German woman who has studied, lived and worked in Scotland and she and her husband are leaving Scotland in September. A couple who opted for Scotland, worked, paid taxes, made the country that little bit better are leaving because of Brexit.

Leave aside all the conspiracy nonsense this in microcosm is your Brexit.

So own it. Celebrate my friend deciding to leave Scotland. Cheer as companies announce factory closures. Clap your hands as the pound slides. You won.

39 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just the laziest and most demonstrably false thing you could say, really. Well done.

Edit: And off-topic, to boot.

Edited by Justin Z

37 minutes ago, jake said:

Think about ways in which this might not be an indicator of bias. I'm not saying anything about whether it is or isn't, but sit and engage a moment and ponder it.

If you need another example to understand what I'm getting at, perhaps consider why the percentage of Holocaust deniers on BBC flagship shows will be even lower than the number of pro-Brexit guests.

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

You are wrong. 

Scottish Internationalist V's British Isolationist....

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, jumpship said:

You are wrong. 

Scottish Internationalist V's British Isolationist....

The EU is not "internationalist". It is a rich cartel that subsidises inefficiently produced food and other basic goods to the disadvantage of much poorer producers. Its members give preferential immigration rights to the citizens of its relatively rich and predominantly white member states. What the EU does in the Med (and on its Eastern borders) is pretty much what Trump does on the Rio Grande but somehow the EU escapes accusations of fascism and racism. 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Absolute garbage. We want and need more immigrants in an independent Scotland

4 hours ago, Boris said:

Referring to Question Time?  Which one?  Who were the panel?  I could give you several examples of unbalanced opinion on that to be fair, depending on the debate right enough.

You pretty much did.

Corbyn is for brexit, just no deal as far as I am aware?

Don't be, you're entitled to it.

Indeed.

That's up to you.  "Comfortable USSR" is garbage though!  IMO.

You have done in the past (see the Epstein thread)

Flag ship shows include more than just question time.

No I didnt.

Funnily enough as I've said before the brexit carry on has sort of made our politics more European in the sense of weird coalitions.

Yep 

Yep.

USSR one is a wee fave of mine.

Alfa posted a link to me.

I was happy to read it.

I've a mix of views.

Some left some not some toppers.

36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

The EU is not "internationalist". It is a rich cartel that subsidises inefficiently produced food and other basic goods to the disadvantage of much poorer producers. Its members give preferential immigration rights to the citizens of its relatively rich and predominantly white member states. What the EU does in the Med (and on its Eastern borders) is pretty much what Trump does on the Rio Grande but somehow the EU escapes accusations of fascism and racism. 

Spot on FA.

Absolutely spot on.

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Think about ways in which this might not be an indicator of bias. I'm not saying anything about whether it is or isn't, but sit and engage a moment and ponder it.

If you need another example to understand what I'm getting at, perhaps consider why the percentage of Holocaust deniers on BBC flagship shows will be even lower than the number of pro-Brexit guests.

Hmmm ok then .....

4 hours ago, RobboM said:

As an institution I'd regard the EU as a largely benign bureaucracy doing more good than harm. Most importantly though it had established greater individual freedoms for us in this country. You and I now had the right to travel, study, work or retire throughout the EU. I'm too old for most of those opportunities and I'm content, at the moment at least, to be retired in Scotland. I'll have to take up Irish citizenship to keep those rights once you are taking away. Yesterday I heard from a former work colleague, a German woman who has studied, lived and worked in Scotland and she and her husband are leaving Scotland in September. A couple who opted for Scotland, worked, paid taxes, made the country that little bit better are leaving because of Brexit.

So own it. Celebrate my friend deciding to leave Scotland. Cheer as companies announce factory closures. Clap your hands as the pound slides. You won.

Freedom of movement is one of those Orwellian phrases.

Freedom of cheap labour is it's real meaning.

36 minutes ago, jake said:

Freedom of movement is one of those Orwellian phrases.

Freedom of cheap labour is it's real meaning.

A campaign based on a promise of £350m a week for the NHS
A campaign based on the promise of "Take back control"

Orwellian?
image.png.5a4ab927807696af3b21a3fed968ad58.png

Freedom of movement of workers is the actual EU law.

Not freedom of movement for anybody.

The whole immigration argument is a right wing myth.

We've always had control of our borders when it comes to unemployed migrants.

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

Freedom of movement of workers is the actual EU law.

Not freedom of movement for anybody.

The whole immigration argument is a right wing myth.

We've always had control of our borders when it comes to unemployed migrants.

Cade, the scope is wider than Freedom of Movement for Workers ,  under the "Citizens Rights Directive"
From wiki

To be fully covered by the European right of free movement, the EEA citizen needs to exercise one of the four treaty rights:

• working as an employee (this includes looking for work for a reasonable amount of time),
  • working as a self-employed person,
  • studying,
  • being self-sufficient or retired.

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Cade, the scope is wider than Freedom of Movement for Workers ,  under the "Citizens Rights Directive"
From wiki

Don't confuse the Remainer extremists with facts.

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, RobboM said:

If you are old enough to be retired you know that people from the UK travelled, studied, worked and retired in Europe long before we joined the EU. Indeed long before the EU existed. As now it was always a small and largely privileged minority who did so.

As for your friend and  former work colleague leaving the UK because of Brexit … there is absolutely no reason why she and her husband have to leave because of Brexit. Since the leave vote the number of EU citizens living in the UK has increased by 100,000. I suspect if and when we leave it will continue to increase.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )