Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Wrong.

I’ve been telt time again we only get the debt. And we’ll have no currency to pay it back with other than haggis vouchers and gless cheques. 

Phew, glad your here to keep me on the straight and narrow!

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Wrong.

I’ve been telt time again we only get the debt. And we’ll have no currency to pay it back with other than haggis vouchers and gless cheques. 

Gingie boatles! 

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

BoJo and Hunt both saying that the backstop is a red line.

So, No Deal it is then.

Economic meltdown.

:yas:

Brighton Jambo
5 hours ago, Cade said:

BoJo and Hunt both saying that the backstop is a red line.

So, No Deal it is then.

Economic meltdown.

I don't see that as a negative, that will cause the government to fall and we will have a general election.  No party will get anywhere near a majority and we could end up with a viable four party system.  This could be a tangible first step towards the end of Brexit.

50 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I don't see that as a negative, that will cause the government to fall and we will have a general election.  No party will get anywhere near a majority and we could end up with a viable four party system.  This could be a tangible first step towards the end of Brexit.

At the minute the result of a general election would be a Tory/Brexit Party coalition.

Imagine that shite.

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’d  go as far as to say that post is a prophetic post.

Edited by Dannie Boy

A general election will bring about Brexit and the end of the Union. In one big Party. Independence for everybody. That'll do me nicely.

Sir Ivan Rogers, former UK ambassador to Brussels, speaking to a select committee today:
You could see, if you were me, the Irish question was being underplayed.

We were not focusing enough on it.

It was obviously going to be the core of the problem ...

One of the most unpopular things I think I said to the prime minister in the autumn of 2016 is ‘You’ve made three commitments in good faith to different audiences, but they are not really compatible with each other.

You have said to the Irish under no circumstances will a hard border be erected across the island of Ireland.

You’ve said to the Democratic Unionist community under no circumstances will there be divergence from the rest of Great Britain.

And you’ve said to the right of your own party that you’re heading out of the customs union.

Well, you can’t do all three.

You’ve got to choose two of the three.’

And I had the same conversation with then foreign secretary [Boris Johnson].

:greggy: Showing up the bampottery, lies and total incompetence that is the hallmark of Brexit.

The Mighty Thor
3 hours ago, Cade said:

Sir Ivan Rogers, former UK ambassador to Brussels, speaking to a select committee today:
You could see, if you were me, the Irish question was being underplayed.

We were not focusing enough on it.

It was obviously going to be the core of the problem ...

One of the most unpopular things I think I said to the prime minister in the autumn of 2016 is ‘You’ve made three commitments in good faith to different audiences, but they are not really compatible with each other.

You have said to the Irish under no circumstances will a hard border be erected across the island of Ireland.

You’ve said to the Democratic Unionist community under no circumstances will there be divergence from the rest of Great Britain.

And you’ve said to the right of your own party that you’re heading out of the customs union.

Well, you can’t do all three.

You’ve got to choose two of the three.’

And I had the same conversation with then foreign secretary [Boris Johnson].

:greggy: Showing up the bampottery, lies and total incompetence that is the hallmark of Brexit.

To paraphrase Gove " everyone is sick of listening to experts"

The next few months will be momentous and most likely calamitous.

6 hours ago, Cade said:

At the minute the result of a general election would be a Tory/Brexit Party coalition.

Imagine that shite.

Nigel Farage as PM :eek:

Bojo as deputy :eek:

Edited by Marvin

SectionDJambo

There is, at last, a moment of truth coming our way. In 3 months, or perhaps less time, who has been telling the lies will be revealed. 

Will this be a easy a breeze as Farage, Johnston, Duncan-Smith, Rees-Mogg etc have been telling us, with No Deal being a mere blip in our fortunes?

Will the EU cave in and scrap their hard stance towards the agreement they reached with May, because they truly can’t afford to lose our trade?

Will the Irish border situation be easily solved should we leave with No Deal?

Will the UK leaving with No Deal result in massive job loss in the UK, rising prices and some food shortages?

Will the UK Parliament actually stop No Deal, as many within it have declared they will do?

Not long to find out and not long to hear the massive back tracking of which side has been telling the lies, and whatever excuses they make or blame they try to push into others.

The new president of the European Commission, Van Der Leyon, is refusing to work with Euro sceptic countries. What an out of touch organisation this is. 

6 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

The new president of the European Commission, Van Der Leyon, is refusing to work with Euro sceptic countries. What an out of touch organisation this is. 

A bit like the way Westminster treats the Scottish Government?

54 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I assume you mean Hungary, Poland, Italy, Slovakia and the Czechs, all of whom currently have far-right, populist governments who are actively eroding civil rights, media independence and the rule of law as a whole?

They are all close to violating Article 7 and finding themselves suspended from the EU due to not meeting the central principles.

Most of them have already been hit with steep financial penalties for acting like 1960s dictatorships.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

I assume you mean Hungary, Poland, Italy, Slovakia and the Czechs, all of whom currently have far-right, populist governments who are actively eroding civil rights, media independence and the rule of law as a whole?

They are all close to violating Article 7 and finding themselves suspended from the EU due to not meeting the central principles.

Most of them have already been hit with steep financial penalties for acting like 1960s dictatorships.

and you want to be part of that club🤣

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Boris said:

A bit like the way Westminster treats the Scottish Government?

Surely more like the way Madrid treats the Catalan Nationalists?

In what ways has Westminster breached the Scottish devolution settlement?

16 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

In what ways has Westminster breached the Scottish devolution settlement?

I made a really long, boring post in April that details a few examples. If you really feel like reading it I can try to track it down for you.

"Ursula von der Layen has scraped in by 9 votes. Power but no legitimacy"

Nigel Farage's response.

BTW Nige, she gained 52% of the available votes.

:gocompare:

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

I made a really long, boring post in April that details a few examples. If you really feel like reading it I can try to track it down for you.

Thanks. genuine question. Which thread and I'll find it.

The Mighty Thor
4 hours ago, Cade said:

"Ursula von der Layen has scraped in by 9 votes. Power but no legitimacy"

Nigel Farage's response.

BTW Nige, she gained 52% of the available votes.

:gocompare:

Nigel the democratically elected leader of the brexit party?

Unknown user
1 hour ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Nigel the democratically elected leader of the brexit party?

Nigel was never elected leader of the Brexit party

The Mighty Thor

Should've added a :cornette:

I saw him on Twitter earlier banging on about unelected EU officials until someone asked him when he was elected leader of the BP

Legally speaking, ALL Brexit Party MEPs are nothing but independent candidates that just happen to all be employed by The Brexit Party Ltd.

It has no manifesto, no constitution and no members, only subscription-paying "supporters".

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, Cade said:

Amendment preventing the shutdown of Parliament passes by 41 votes.

6 Cabinet members abstained

:turmoil: :pleasingao:

:pleasing:

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Cade said:

Amendment preventing the shutdown of Parliament passes by 41 votes.

6 Cabinet members abstained

:turmoil: :pleasingao:

:lol:

Brighton Jambo
On 16/07/2019 at 15:34, Dannie Boy said:

I’d  go as far as to say that post is a prophetic post.

Now the bill passing today means Johnson couldn’t dismiss parliament, his options for no deal just narrowed significantly.  We wouldn’t now almost certainly be brought down, another step closer to sanity. 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Now the bill passing today means Johnson couldn’t dismiss parliament, his options for no deal just narrowed significantly.  We wouldn’t now almost certainly be brought down, another step closer to sanity. 

He slapped himself in the face today with a wet kipper. Can you imagine him turning up in Brussels asking for a renegotiation of the deal. He has no credibility now, if he ever had any over in the EU. 

Death threat for telling the truth about Brexit. These right wing fantasists need to have a word with themselves & wake up. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/18/revenue-chief-quits-after-death-threats-over-brexit-warnings?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1563483376

Edited by Pans Jambo

On 17/07/2019 at 14:18, Francis Albert said:

Thanks. genuine question. Which thread and I'll find it.

It's in here somewhere. Been busy but I'll have a look when I get home if you've not located it yet

AlphonseCapone
On 05/07/2019 at 07:24, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

You forgot the civil servants, too.  But that's OK, if we get to do what the far right want. 

Why would civil servants be elected? 

9 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Why would civil servants be elected? 

Why can't they be. Is chosen, not elected? Or does it have to be by the will of the people. The US Ambassador was Unelected by Trump 

47 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why can't they be. Is chosen, not elected? Or does it have to be by the will of the people. The US Ambassador was Unelected by Trump 

Because there are a great many elements of a functional democracy that are necessarily non-political in order that they can play their vital roles properly regardless of what the political flavour of the day is.

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm not sure you understand what the civil service is or how it functions. 99% of the civil service aren't ambassadors or people in high profile positions. 

Unknown user
29 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I'm not sure you understand what the civil service is or how it functions. 99% of the civil service aren't ambassadors or people in high profile positions. 

There are over 400,000 civil servants in the UK!

Civil Servants are the office workers that carry out the policies that are handed down from government.

They are the ones that actually run the nation.

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Because there are a great many elements of a functional democracy that are necessarily non-political in order that they can play their vital roles properly regardless of what the political flavour of the day is.

You're delusional if you think that's what happens. Every CS does what they're told by the rulers of the time.

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

It was an example. But yes, you're right there's plenty of non entities of the civil service. 

I served my time in council, I seen a few. 👍

AlphonseCapone
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

It was an example. But yes, you're right there's plenty of non entities of the civil service. 

I served my time in council, I seen a few. 👍

You sound quite bitter towards the CS, did you apply and they turned you down :laugh:

AlphonseCapone
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You're delusional if you think that's what happens. Every CS does what they're told by the rulers of the time.

Not how it works. 

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Civil Servants are the office workers that carry out the policies that are handed down from government.

They are the ones that actually run the nation.

How it works. 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Not how it works. 

How it works. 

Aye Al you're the boss. I forgot.

3 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

You sound quite bitter towards the CS, did you apply and they turned you down :laugh:

No, I just know you're one, and in bored.

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )