Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Did you see the Unionist Fae Scotland shouting about the £39b. No voting brexiteers, must be why we need a TARDIS to travel back to 1603 and tell James to stay in the fecking hoose.

Yeah the one with one tooth?  What  a cretin...Yeah we owe the money to not pay it would be despicable. Its not going to happen. 

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

When you say "balance", do you mean that in your view there's a balance or equivalence between opposing something because a political party calls for it and supporting something because you're a racist?

If you don't actually think that - and I'm pretty sure you don't - would you re-think your point about adding "a bit of balance"?

Asking for a friend.  :whistling:

Yeah thats great empirical evidence to back up his argument !!! One person !!! wow 

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

I'd like to propose we have 2 United Kingdoms..one for the idiot Brexiteers and the other for those who at least have some thought process

Those Brexiteers are only thinking of themselves and not the country as a whole peddling their immigration prejudices and acting like little Englanders thinking they can shut the world out and that we are still living in the 60's.

I pity them for what is coming when they see the impact of their stupidity however as long as they voluntarily leave their jobs first when the consequences arrive and don't expect any hand outs then at least I can say they stood up for their beliefs...………..but you know they won't

It's not that I expect Brexit to fail as the spineless MP'S will give in and reach a deal but they will be okay in their cushy iobs for a few more years

Summed me up nicely.

Don't pity me though.

4 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Leave supporters complain about the EU "needing reform" as if it's somehow relevant. 

First of all, the EU that the Leave campaign wishes to leave doesn't actually exist - it's a figment of their imaginations along with such fictions as State aid restrictions and straight bananas.

Secondly, the UK never tried to reform the EU - it just negotiated cheap deals and opt-outs for itself.

The only purpose of the "reform" line is to provide the appearance of rationality and logic to the choice of voting Leave.

Straight bananas was the final straw for me.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Love it when someone who posts this sort of nonsense accuses others of not having thought processes!

As you are one of the prime Brexiteers on this board my point is proved.....thanks FA

18 minutes ago, jake said:

Straight bananas was the final straw for me.

Final straw for me was bendy cucumbers.

Thats the only reason I could come up with to leave as EU competition rules are a “figment of my imagination” Apparently

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

Thats the only reason I could come up with to leave as EU competition rules are a “figment of my imagination” Apparently

There's no apparently about it.  You've already been told how your point about EU competition law doesn't stack up.

28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

There's no apparently about it.  You've already been told how your point about EU competition law doesn't stack up.

So just to confirm, if the government was to take charge of railways and subsidise this with tax payers money in order to undercut any potential private companies (and provide cheaper fares for the public) this wouldn’t result in a challenge / lobbying from private companies to Brussels and subsequent ruling against this action by the EU Supreme Court? 

Ive always been under the impression that this would happen.

Have you got a source for your assertion?  Genuinely interested as that is contrary to what I have read. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

As you are one of the prime Brexiteers on this board my point is proved.....thanks FA

Your premise is wrong. You haven't proved anything.

1 hour ago, jambo89 said:

So just to confirm, if the government was to take charge of railways and subsidise this with tax payers money in order to undercut any potential private companies (and provide cheaper fares for the public) this wouldn’t result in a challenge / lobbying from private companies to Brussels and subsequent ruling against this action by the EU Supreme Court? 

Ive always been under the impression that this would happen.

Have you got a source for your assertion?  Genuinely interested as that is contrary to what I have read. 

No.

Several of the privatized railways in the UK are run by nationalised companies of other nations. 

UK train fares subsidise the cheaper travel for citizens of those nations.

All legal under EU rules.

7 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I'd like to propose we have 2 United Kingdoms..one for the idiot Brexiteers and the other for those who at least have some thought process

Those Brexiteers are only thinking of themselves and not the country as a whole peddling their immigration prejudices and acting like little Englanders thinking they can shut the world out and that we are still living in the 60's.

I pity them for what is coming when they see the impact of their stupidity however as long as they voluntarily leave their jobs first when the consequences arrive and don't expect any hand outs then at least I can say they stood up for their beliefs...………..but you know they won't

It's not that I expect Brexit to fail as the spineless MP'S will give in and reach a deal but they will be okay in their cushy iobs for a few more years as an idiot

I am an idiot brexiteer,can you tell me what's coming?And while your at it tell me what this impact that is coming? In actual facts you are certain is arriving,should be quite simple for an intelligent guy like you.Please don't just bleat out the nonsense parroted by politicians and fake news reports from newspapers.Do that and and I will mark you down as an idiot along with the scaremongers.

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

I am an idiot brexiteer,can you tell me what's coming?And while your at it tell me what this impact that is coming? In actual facts you are certain is arriving,should be quite simple for an intelligent guy like you.Please don't just bleat out the nonsense parroted by politicians and fake news reports from newspapers.Do that and and I will mark you down as an idiot along with the scaremongers.

I'm a remoaner. What's the Brexit dividend, the upside/downside to WTO rules, why are politicians now talking about a 5-10 year downside to Brexit? Can you explain. I want to believe but can't find anyone standing by the absolute benefits of quitting. 

10 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Check the possible rules 're passports, driving etc if you are going abroad. 

16 hours ago, Ulysses said:

When you say "balance", do you mean that in your view there's a balance or equivalence between opposing something because a political party calls for it and supporting something because you're a racist?

If you don't actually think that - and I'm pretty sure you don't - would you re-think your point about adding "a bit of balance"?

Asking for a friend.  :whistling:

Once again, you have a better way of expressing what you mean in words than I can, so yes 'for a bit of balance', that is what I meant.

And I wrote it to highlight that there are people of all different degrees of intelligence on all sides of the political spectrum, remain doesn't have a monopoly of cleaver folks, no matter what some may think or say.

16 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah thats great empirical evidence to back up his argument !!! One person !!! wow 

Just like one old dear on about straight bananas, one person.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

No idea if this is true

Dude appears to be an utter rube who has it completely backwards. The UK generally pays no tariffs on EU goods currently, nor goods from EU negotiated trade partners (FTAs). The UK will be paying such tariffs once out of the EU, in accordance with the already-published post-Brexit tariff schedule, subject I suppose to the possibility of other negotiations later.

When pointed out to him, he shifted the goalposts to "but our net contributions".

Just click the date in your post and look at him getting owned in the discussion.

Edited by Justin Z

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm not but if I was the regulations would not bother me,you suggesting to me that is a valid reason to defy a legitimate vote by the electorate?

6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

I'm not but if I was the regulations would not bother me,you suggesting to me that is a valid reason to defy a legitimate vote by the electorate?

You asked 'can you tell me what's coming?

I gave a practical example 

58 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Every country as near as dammit has driving and passport regulations not much of an example.I will ask another question do you think we are leaving the E.U because it has been good for us or because it is to our benefit? The latter I would think as we have had decades to confirm our membership was an error in the first place

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

44 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Possible, is that a possible fact or a possible maybe?

I know what your saying, but the simple fact is nobody but nobody actually knows what is going to happen after 29 March, it's all possible's, maybe, could, might.

None of these words tell us what is going to happen, only possibilities of things which might or might not happen.

Portugal have said in the last few days that in the event of a no deal brexit, they are maybe (there's that word again) going to set up a dedicated passport control only for Brits, to fast track them through passport control.  Other EU countries on the other hand may not do this and UK passport holders may have to join and wait in line with all the other non-EU passport holders, but once again it's all speculation of if's but's & maybe's.

My own feelings is that, if I have to join a different queue and or wait longer to get my passport checked, then so be it, it's no biggie having to wait a bit longer once or twice a year, it'll just be like going to a non EU country where EU and non EU passport holders are treated the same irrespective of where their passport was issued.

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

You need to read replies more carefully 

I support the position mainly being led by Labour leadership of leaving EU but avoiding  the right wing free market the arch Brexiteers want. 

Initial disruptions are fine by me. I'll be fine. 

15 hours ago, Cade said:

No.

Several of the privatized railways in the UK are run by nationalised companies of other nations. 

UK train fares subsidise the cheaper travel for citizens of those nations.

All legal under EU rules.

Thats not what was asked.

I’ve asked the question twice now and it has been deflected both times without a straight answer (apart from a link to a think tanks findings that it may not be that difficult) 

As for Abellio, I doubt it directly subsidises rail fares in the Netherlands as per your assertion.

The very fact that most other nations in the EU have nationalised industries makes a mockery of Corbyn's total misunderstanding of EU rules.

This is why Ed Milliband was planning to let the Government bid on train tenders as and when they came up for renewal. Government acting as a private company and outbidding everybody else.

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2018/02/27/corbyn-on-state-aid-fact-checked

Edited by Cade

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Possible, is that a possible fact or a possible maybe?

I know what your saying, but the simple fact is nobody but nobody actually knows what is going to happen after 29 March, it's all possible's, maybe, could, might.

None of these words tell us what is going to happen, only possibilities of things which might or might not happen.

Portugal have said in the last few days that in the event of a no deal brexit, they are maybe (there's that word again) going to set up a dedicated passport control only for Brits, to fast track them through passport control.  Other EU countries on the other hand may not do this and UK passport holders may have to join and wait in line with all the other non-EU passport holders, but once again it's all speculation of if's but's & maybe's.

My own feelings is that, if I have to join a different queue and or wait longer to get my passport checked, then so be it, it's no biggie having to wait a bit longer once or twice a year, it'll just be like going to a non EU country where EU and non EU passport holders are treated the same irrespective of where their passport was issued.

well what we do know right at this minute is we have a good arrangement with other EU countries re trade freedom of movement etc so why change it ?

26 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well what we do know right at this minute is we have a good arrangement with other EU countries re trade freedom of movement etc so why change it ?

Good point, the UK's relationship with the EEC/EU has always been fractious, barely two years after joining the EEC in '73 there was a referendum asking whether the UK should remain in it, irrespective of the result back then, the very fact that there was a referendum held so soon after joining shows that the question of Europe has divided the British public for decades and that divide never ever really went away, it was just bubbling away under the surface all of that time.

1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Good point, the UK's relationship with the EEC/EU has always been fractious, barely two years after joining the EEC in '73 there was a referendum asking whether the UK should remain in it, irrespective of the result back then, the very fact that there was a referendum held so soon after joining shows that the question of Europe has divided the British public for decades and that divide never ever really went away, it was just bubbling away under the surface all of that time.

Yea all i can remember is us moaning about everything about it...pathetic really. itsbeen the downfall of a few PMs   Thatcher Major and Cameron so there has been so good from being a member 

Live on Radio 4, John Humphrys asks the Irish Minister for Europe if Ireland would consider leaving the EU and rejoining the UK to make Brexit easier.

:rofl:

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, Cade said:

Live on Radio 4, John Humphrys asks the Irish Minister for Europe if Ireland would consider leaving the EU and rejoining the UK to make Brexit easier.

:rofl:

I seriously hope he was kidding. Otherwise, what a idiotic twat. 

jack D and coke

Britain’s or I should say England’s attitude to Ireland has been enlightening although it shouldn’t really be. They all believe Ireland should still be under their boot and doing what it’s told, a bit like Scotland. 

Good article I thought here about the attitudes of the knobs that run this union and always have done. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/sunday/brexit-ireland-empire.html#click=https://t.co/NsfCIrtA5h

Edited by jack D and coke

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Britain’s or I should say England’s attitude to Ireland has been enlightening although it shouldn’t really be. They all believe Ireland should still be under their boot and doing what it’s told, a bit like Scotland. 

Good article I thought here about the attitudes of the knobs that run this union and always have done. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/17/opinion/sunday/brexit-ireland-empire.html#click=https://t.co/NsfCIrtA5h

I live here and that's absolute nonsense. I've never met anyone here who thinks Southern Ireland should be part of the UK. Not one single person ever.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I live here and that's absolute nonsense. I've never met anyone here who thinks Southern Ireland should be part of the UK. Not one single person ever.

Pardon?

55 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

As much as I detest the little Englander attitudes of a lot of the leavers and the vast majority of the tory party, that article is just your typical American garbage. The ones that exhorted the Ira as downtrodden freedom  fighters against the dastardly brits. They even manage to blame May for putting a ridiculous 2 year limit on the negotiations, despite this being a EU rule.   

1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

I can't recall ever meeting an English person who thinks that - at least I've never heard anyone say it.

Bonkers question for yer man to ask, though. :laugh:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, SwindonJambo said:

In nearly 50 years down here I too have never heard anyone suggest this. Have heard quite a few wishing the rest of Ireland would bugger off as well!

The attempt by some Scots to portray Scotland as a colony of England and "innocent" of colonialism is also a distortion of history ... the Scots played a disproportionately large part in establishing and running the British Empire.

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I can't recall ever meeting an English person who thinks that - at least I've never heard anyone say it.

Bonkers question for yer man to ask, though. :laugh:

I know a few Scots that do.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

In nearly 50 years down here I too have never heard anyone suggest this. Have heard quite a few wishing the rest of Ireland would bugger off as well!

The attempt by some Scots to portray Scotland as a colony of England and "innocent" of colonialism is also a distortion of history ... the Scots played a disproportionately large part in establishing and running the British Empire.

No, Brits did. Scots want no part of it. Never have, never will.

The Mighty Thor

Between that nonsense from Humphreys and the risible two world wars pish from Mark Francois you're getting a really good snapshot of the sort of mentality that's driving Brexit. 

It will not end well. 

jack D and coke

I think people have completely misunderstood my post. I didn’t suggest AT ALL that Ireland should be part of the union again I haven’t met anybody who has suggested it either. What I did suggest was that the knobs in the positions of power in this country think Ireland should basically bow down to the almighty Great Britain and bend to whatever brexit we decide we’re having and **** them basically. As Ireland have clearly not done that, this has annoyed the british immensely. 

jack D and coke
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Plenty Scots still do want the empire and the GSTQ Rule Brittania bullshit. 

Some scots got into the Union with a gusto that can’t be denied. 

Seymour M Hersh
13 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I seriously hope he was kidding. Otherwise, what a idiotic twat. 

The ToySock (Irish PM)?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Humphrys said: “There has to be an argument, doesn’t there, that says instead of Dublin telling this country that we have to stay in the single market etc within the customs union, why doesn’t Dublin, why doesn’t the Republic of Ireland, leave the EU and throw in their lot with this country?”

Francis Albert

After the ridicule, scorn and even accusation of treason. interesting that James Dyson makes the top three in the Sunday Times list of top UK taxpayers.

Edited by Francis Albert

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )