Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

If there was a second referendum and remain won but with a lesser turn out, say 5 million less, would that be a convincing mandate? 

What if more voted? I don't think there should be another ref, but I would vote because it's a shambles. And I'd vote leave this time.

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cade said:

EU explicitly says:

"No Deal means a hard border in Ireland and UK will be in breach of the Good Friday Agreement"

Black and white. 

Black and White? Grow up

1 hour ago, Boris said:

But if another referendum and a MAJORITY is for remain, how exactly is that defying the electorate?  Surely that's as clear an example of democracy in action as there can be?

Skewed logic aside, any PM that tries to blackmail MPs to vote because they are scared of civil disturbance is in the wrong job.  Is the PM really saying that we have to appease thugs?  Worked in 1938 right enough...

Not thugs voters,Voters who said oot Parliament is in a City with a population around 6million and if they take to the streets like the Poll tax protests introduced without being on the manifesto it was removed pronto.Brexit was a specific pledge and voters want it honoured.

Just now, sairyinthat said:

Not thugs voters,Voters who said oot Parliament is in a City with a population around 6million and if they take to the streets like the Poll tax protests introduced without being on the manifesto it was removed pronto.Brexit was a specific pledge and voters want it honoured.

But if there is another referendum and a majority is for remain, then are you meaning we should leave anyway?  A minority decision!

Should there be another referendum?  Given how vague the original question was, how Leave pedalled all sorts of lies in the campaign, suspect Russian collusion, serious breaches of electora law (cheating!), and given what we know now, perhaps it would be better to have a second more informed vote?

If leave wins, not a problem.  If the electorate has changed its mnind though, don't you think it serves the country better to respond to that?

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Unemployment up anaw. Incidentally how many are full time? 

Do the figures not consider anyone working 1 day in 7 (or 14) as employed. Someone on here will know the requirements - either way I suspect there is a bit of a fudge by government on this figure.

4 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Violent disorder isn't thuggish?

2 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Ah the poll tax, mind when Scotland were the test subjects.

Only leave voters would be angry.  No one up here will riot. Unless they don't , as no voters like to say " " sorry it's that boring I've forgot. Something about the Indyref.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

The bigger picture is also productivity and investment.

High employment masking failings elsewhere. 

It looks like I'm fecked. New build, as I expected, about to go tits up.

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Do the figures not consider anyone working 1 day in 7 (or 14) as employed. Someone on here will know the requirements - either way I suspect there is a bit of a fudge by government on this figure.

They all do it. The SNP claim victory when it's up and blame wm when it's not. As they should. :)

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

But if there is another referendum and a majority is for remain, then are you meaning we should leave anyway?  A minority decision!

Should there be another referendum?  Given how vague the original question was, how Leave pedalled all sorts of lies in the campaign, suspect Russian collusion, serious breaches of electora law (cheating!), and given what we know now, perhaps it would be better to have a second more informed vote?

If leave wins, not a problem.  If the electorate has changed its mnind though, don't you think it serves the country better to respond to that?

We have already voted and the answer was perfectly clear oot.And the statement above about the hard border being a EU stipulation you want that given priority over British stipulation,bit selective eh.

1 minute ago, sairyinthat said:

We have already voted and the answer was perfectly clear oot.And the statement above about the hard border being a EU stipulation you want that given priority over British stipulation,bit selective eh.

Again, shows that in 2016 we never knew what we were voting for.

From your reply I take it that you would advocate a no deal exit?  What makes that so desirable?

8 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

You can't have a better deal, than the deal the UK have as a member of the EU. So you either leave with no deal, on good terms may I add, not this do you know who we were, pish. Or remain. 

Scotland should leave (The EU)and join the Nordic pact with some sort of EU membership, or does Scotland not have the capabilities to trade in the world. After all, if after 40 years of this supposed dictatorship from the EU, Scotland must really need oot!!!!!!!(from the UK)

Edited by ri Alban

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Again, shows that in 2016 we never knew what we were voting for.

From your reply I take it that you would advocate a no deal exit?  What makes that so desirable?

I want oot if it is to be hard then bring it on.You seem to have a problem accepting the majority view of the voters Why is that?

Just now, sairyinthat said:

I want oot if it is to be hard then bring it on.You seem to have a problem accepting the majority view of the voters Why is that?

So did Nigel, Boris and Jacob, when they thought remain was going to win.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So did Nigel, Boris and Jacob, when they thought remain was going to win.

Don't know about the other deuce but Boris wants the pledge honoured.

6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Don't know about the other deuce but Boris wants the pledge honoured.

If we lived in a democratic wonderland, voting at any time wouldn't be a problem.

I'd have no problem voting in a 3rd Indy ref if opinion changed about independence. After we gain a yes vote in the up coming scotref.

As for Nigel etc... They wouldn't have given up on EU exit if remain had one and not should they. Same for Saubry and Umunna.

Edited by ri Alban

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Cade said:

EU explicitly says:

"No Deal means a hard border in Ireland and UK will be in breach of the Good Friday Agreement"

Black and white. 

If they say that the EU is wrong. Or lying.

Read the Good Friday Agreement.

It is amazing how many legs this lie has.

But hey its only a Remainer lie so doesn't count does it?

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If they say that the EU is wrong. Or lying.

Read the Good Friday Agreement.

It is amazing how many legs this lie has.

But hey its only a Remainer lie so doesn't count does it?

It's all about perception.

Tory Brexiteer writes to Polish government asking that they veto any attempt to extend or retract Article 50.

Polish govt tells him to shut up.

:gok:

Francis Albert
15 minutes ago, Cade said:

Is FA still banging on about the border not being in the GFA?

:vrface:

No. Other people are,incredibly, still claiming that the GFA prohibits a hard border when it does not

The breach would be returming to bombing and guns as threatened. Although some seem to have got in first before a hard border.

The UK govt, the Irish Govt, the EU as a whole and the UN all seem to think that a hard Irish border is a major issue and a crucial part of the GFA.

Some guy on a football forum thinks it's not.

Who's right?

:kirk:

Edited by Cade

21 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Here goes (apologies if controversial), but I don’t think the majority of the UK give a shit about the DUP and their wishes.

She’s stalling for time and we’re over a cliff soon.

Dont apoligse. Your completely correct   Vile mob 

Francis Albert
Just now, Cade said:

The UK govt, the Irish Govt, the EU as a whole and the UN all seem to think that a hard Irish border is a major issue.

Some guy on a football forum thinks it's not.

Who's right?

:kirk:

I did not say it was not a major issue.

Though strangely the signatories of the Belfast Agreement despite the ongoing lies about the GFA failed to mention it.

Have you read it? It is surprisingly short and easy to read but it suits some not to know its contents.

Even our expert on all things Irish (and part time spokesman  for the EU) goes along with the lie.

20 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I've always been curious as to the remain voters reasons for staying.

Mine was due to economic reasons and free movement 

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

For the reasons I posted earlier! 

But, given we know more now, what harm can it do? If leave wins again, no problem. But if remain won you would want us to leave anyway, despite it being the minority? 

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, Boris said:

But, given we know more now, what harm can it do? If leave wins again, no problem. But if remain won you would want us to leave anyway, despite it being the minority? 

What will be the terms of the trading relationship been the EU and the UK after the agreed transition period? A fairly important consideration in any informed judgement I'd have thought.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

What will be the terms of the trading relationship been the EU and the UK after the agreed transition period? A fairly important consideration in any informed judgement I'd have thought.

Who knows, given we can't get off the start line yet! 

Francis Albert

Who knows, given we can't get off the start line yet! 

The EU won't let us get off the start line until we sign the transition agreement!

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

The EU won't let us get off the start line until we sign the transition agreement!

Which Parliament rejects because this government has made an erse of it! 

Francis Albert

True. We are certainly better informed about the competence of our politicians!

Francis Albert

18 minutes ago, Boris said:

We don't really "know" what harm will be done and to what extent do we, just various opinions of people who, given our personal view, some hold up as gospel while others denounce them and vice versa, I don't think for a second that the people who voted didn't think there would be consequences. 

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Yes, there have been a few standouts! 

The MP for Sunderland

(  Remoaner ) is in discussions everyday with her constituents  ?

as she attempts to block brexit

An election is needed to remove the  MP’s that are causing all this chaos 

2 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

?

An election is needed to remove the  MP’s that are causing all this chaos 

It's certainly going to be interesting in the next GE to see who suffers through thier stand on Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

It's certainly going to be interesting in the next GE to see who suffers through thier stand on Brexit. 

I think May might call one before 29th

No point in losing 2 meaningful votes and before all the amendments are voted through

Edited by JAYEL

Merkel: New Germany-France Treaty Step Toward European Army.

“We assume the commitment to develop a common military culture, common defence industry, a common line for arms exports. Thus, we want to contribute to the formation of a European army”, Merkel said.

A second referendum isn't undemocratic but does go against the 'spirit' of the initial referendum. 

Jacob Rees Mogg used to think a second referendum to negotiate a deal was a sensible idea once incidentally. 

The reason a second referendum is gaining traction is at the feet of May and her inability to compromise and all MP's who voted for Article 50 without a broad consensus agreed.

A no deal is economic vandalism on an unprecedented scale and MPs are right to look at avenues to block it.

Anyone who wants a no deal is uninformed or if they have done any cursory research on the impact,  a nihilistic imbecile. 

We should be pushing for a Norway deal as the best compromise because we have to compromise to get this through.

Farage incidentally, used to think Norway wasn't such a bad idea but now pushes for a no deal which says everything about him.

3 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Anyone who wants a no deal is uninformed or if they have done any cursory research on the impact,  a nihilistic imbecile. 

Come on??

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Come on??

I stand by it! It's absolute madness to consider it as a valid option.

Not even withstanding the cost firms have already made to prepare for it.

James Dyson, arch Brexiteer, is relocating Dyson head office, tax base and main factory to Singapore.

:scenes:

Edited by Cade

6 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I stand by it! It's absolute madness to consider it as a valid option.

Not even withstanding the cost firms have already made to prepare for it.

Away ye go!! 17 odd million people are "nihilistic imbeciles" because you don't agree with thier views and opinions???

A wee bit strong that!! 

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )