Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sitting 10th with a top 6 budget

epl vultures will be circling

What excuse/reason will you make up when they get promoted ?

This mythical top 6 budget you have invented will suddenly become a Championship budget in your mind .

Why not just give the man the credit he is due ?

Neilson's Shank

Loved Robbie as a player, the ball may have past him, the player may have past him but very rarely did man and ball get past him. But as for distribution, check my user name.

And how many managers who were forced to play him.....

So Levein signed Maybury for Right back, we ended up with issues at left back so he was shifted there, RN had not long returned from loan and got opportunity.

Finance were such that we never got a left back in (could be leveins Achilles heal!)

Burley wanted a right back, but was given Tall who he didn?t want! From then on transfer policy was all over the place!

So yes circumstances helped RN greatly.

Now I take my hat off to him for having as good a career as he did that was all down to hard work and application, but nobody can say he was a good right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Levein signed Maybury for Right back, we ended up with issues at left back so he was shifted there, RN had not long returned from loan and got opportunity.

Finance were such that we never got a left back in (could be leveins Achilles heal!)

Burley wanted a right back, but was given Tall who he didn?t want! From then on transfer policy was all over the place!

So yes circumstances helped RN greatly.

Now I take my hat off to him for having as good a career as he did that was all down to hard work and application, but nobody can say he was a good right back.

Depends on your definition of a good RB as he certainly wasnt a modern day one, in terms of going forward, but he let very little get passed him defensively.

You dont get that lucky with im guessing 5-6 managers probably more ?

He wasn?t a good RB in any sense, a poor footballer that worked very hard. It?s a myth that he was good at defending.

He was very lucky to have had the career he did with Hearts.

He wasn?t a good RB in any sense, a poor footballer that worked very hard. It?s a myth that he was good at defending.

He was very lucky to have had the career he did with Hearts.

Sorry but that is utter shite, you dont get THAT lucky with so many managers and appearances if you arent decent.

Fort Vallance

Sorry but that is utter shite, you dont get THAT lucky with so many managers and appearances if you arent decent.

No it's not. It's bang on.

Your entitled to your opinion but circumstances very much helped RN as previous examples.

But as I said he worked very hard with limited ability to have the career he did.

But he was rank rotten in my opinion.

So just to clarify in 10years, 20 transfer windows and god knows how many managers, RN managed to be such a terrible RB yet was never replaced.

The boy should give me the lottery numbers.

He was in first team for 5 years, prior to that out on loan to Cowdenbeath and QoS.

As before CL and burley wanted him replaced. After that did we really have a manager as such, and any strategy for recruitment!

Anyway, he was pants and I hated watch him punt the ball out the park at least 20 times a game.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

What excuse/reason will you make up when they get promoted ?

This mythical top 6 budget you have invented will suddenly become a Championship budget in your mind .

Why not just give the man the credit he is due ?

I don't make things up although plenty on here do

there is evidence that he has a top 6 budget - do your homework before shouting your mouth off and looking a bit foolish (again)

I won't do the work for you but can give you 3 sources :

the mk dons forum

Robbie himself (although he had been known to be a bit economical with the truth)

and the money traded on one of the major betting exchanges prior to the start of the season (which also cast major doubt over queensferry jambos earlier claim that mk dons price had never changed with the bookies :lol: )

sitting 10th with a top 6 budget

epl vultures will be circling

He's currently two points off 6th so whether you are right or not, I'm not exactly sure what point you are making as I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the season yet.

In any case since when do budgets suddenly matter to the Neilson Oot lot? He overachieved with the budget he had at Hearts but that didn't count for anything then.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

He's currently two points off 6th so whether you are right or not, I'm not exactly sure what point you are making as I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the season yet.

In any case since when do budgets suddenly matter to the Neilson Oot lot? He overachieved with the budget he had at Hearts but that didn't count for anything then.

correct - it's early he could win the league (he intends to win the league apparently)or he could struggle or more likely somewhere in between

I'm not the one making predictions about where he will end up be that arsenal or Falkirk I leave that to others

the inference was that he was overachieving after a couple of decent results

but you are correct budgets are merely an indicator of outcome - look how rangers massively underachieved in our championship season and still are to this day

Would say neilson was pretty much our Lewis Stevenson. Not technically great but had a good engine and ran his heart out, showing enough to impress various managers.

Mars plastic

Whatever he does in his managerial career he'll forever be known as the boy who was complicit in them winning the cup for the first time in 114 years.

The Treasurer

Whatever he does in his managerial career he'll forever be known as the boy who was complicit in them winning the cup for the first time in 114 years.

Maybe in your sad wee twisted mind.

I prefer to remember him as a great servant on the field and a record breaking manager off the field

FarmerTweedy

:cornette:

Would say neilson was pretty much our Lewis Stevenson. Not technically great but had a good engine and ran his heart out, showing enough to impress various managers.

Except a much more talented and successful Lewis Stevenson!

There we have it. No matter how much the Robbie Oot mob talk about away form and Levein puppet and this and that, one cup result is what it all boils down to. And it wasn't even our worst cup defeat to Hibs! (We've been beat by Hibs in the cup before you know, when they could have gone and won it those years too! It's not Neilson's fault they didn't win for 114 years.)

I'm sure that was top of mind when his new employers came in for him anyhow.

200.gif

I don't make things up although plenty on here do

there is evidence that he has a top 6 budget - do your homework before shouting your mouth off and looking a bit foolish (again)

I won't do the work for you but can give you 3 sources :

the mk dons forum

Robbie himself (although he had been known to be a bit economical with the truth)

and the money traded on one of the major betting exchanges prior to the start of the season (which also cast major doubt over queensferry jambos earlier claim that mk dons price had never changed with the bookies :lol: )

I'm not the one making a fool of myself by changing the goalposts just to support an entrenched wrong opinion.

You just seem desperate to claim some sort of justification for your view.

Fact is you were desperate to be rid of Robbie and look how that worked out for us. We could have been playing in Europe this season instead of failing to get through a LC section containing Elgin/Dunfermline/East Fife and Peterhead.

Bowmans_Boot

I'm not the one making a fool of myself by changing the goalposts just to support an entrenched wrong opinion.

You just seem desperate to claim some sort of justification for your view.

Fact is you were desperate to be rid of Robbie and look how that worked out for us. We could have been playing in Europe this season instead of failing to get through a LC section containing Elgin/Dunfermline/East Fife and Peterhead.

Robbie chose to leave and Cathro being a complete and utter failure is not linked to him at all.

I was pleased to see Robbie go as it was clear we would beat the rubbish at home, be pretty boring to watch and do nothing in the cups: I want more than that for Hearts. We will hopefully get it now under CL.

Robbie chose to leave and Cathro being a complete and utter failure is not linked to him at all.

I was pleased to see Robbie go as it was clear we would beat the rubbish at home, be pretty boring to watch and do nothing in the cups: I want more than that for Hearts. We will hopefully get it now under CL.

Chose to leave? Of course he did, but what did we do to encourage him to stay? Planes hired, fans booing. All when we're doing well in the league.

Clear we would do nothing in the cups? Neilson had probably the worst run of cup draws I can think of for a manager in a couple seasons. How many times did we get Celtic FFS! I doubt we would have won the cups we've won if we'd got Celtic in the first couple of rounds. You need to build up momentum in the cup before facing the OF.

As for boring to watch. How do you quantify that exactly? We scored a lot of goals under Neilson and created a lot of chances as I remember it. Christ his last 5 games alone were far from boring - humping Rangers, high scoring draws away... If boring means things like winning your first 5 games in a season, winning a title, never being hammered by anyone, and finishing high up the league every season, give me boring any day of the week.

Really bad start to the day against a team who will be up the top end of the table come May. 2 zip down to Bradford at home and down to 10 men.

Can't see this going down well with the MK Dons fans at all.

Getting beat off a team 7 places above you is hardly a surprise

add into that they have been down to 10 men from the 5th minute

Getting beat off a team 7 places above you is hardly a surprise

Bradford have much lower wage bill than MK Dons.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Bradford have much lower wage bill than MK Dons.

not sure that one is true

Bradford one of the few in the same ballpark or higher

Bradford have one of the lowest in the league according to Stuart Mccall on sky sports a few months ago.

Son Of Anarchy

Really? I'd suggest they have a much lower budget.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Bradford have one of the lowest in the league according to Stuart Mccall on sky sports a few months ago.

according to the queensferry jambo index Bradford have a decent budget as they were one of the lower priced teams in the betting markets before a ball was kicked

either way isn't robbies worst day at the office

4-1 loss. Down to ten men since the 5th minute, missed a fair few chances at 2-1 and got punished for it.

First defeat since august in any competition.

4-1 is a bit of a hiding - 10 men or not.

Thought today would have been a good chance to lay down a marker and try and get in to the play off spots.  Thet don't want to always be playing catch up.

transfermarket.co.uk Bradford are near the bottom of the wage bill in that division. Don?t know how reliable that is tho.

What are the Dons fans saying about him?

I can't see him lasting until Christmas to be honest.

I seen a few on twitter saying the football is shite. I can?t see him lasting long either

I seen a few on twitter saying the football is shite. I can?t see him lasting long either

The football with us was shocking as well, apart from the diddy league against part time teams.

His surrender to Hibs to gift them the cup still sticks in my throat as well.

The football with us was shocking as well, apart from the diddy league against part time teams.

His surrender to Hibs to gift them the cup still sticks in my throat as well.

I will never forgive him for that

Mars plastic

Pumped 1-4 at home the day. The Nou Camp will have to wait that wee bit longer for the boy who shit his pants against hibs

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived