Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

"Sacked in the future, your getting sacked in the future, sacked in the fuuuuutuuure, your getting sacked in the future "

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

"Sacked in the future, your getting sacked in the future, sacked in the fuuuuutuuure, your getting sacked in the future "

It’s a great formula to be honest. It can be applied to any football club manager in the world and it will prove to be correct c90% of the time (eventually). :rofl:

16 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Took me 90 seconds to look it up and disprove your usual nonsense. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but their league Position was 19th when "the other guy" (Karl Robinson) was sacked. Its 19th now and their record is poorer this season. FACT.

I didn’t mention league position. I said they were above the relegation playoff on GD only when the previous guy left. They’re above it on points now, ergo they are still (slightly) better off under Neilson than the previous guy.

Anyhow, you crack on. Neilson chise mk dons as they supposedly have a chairman who gives managers time. He’ll find out this season if he was right.

A_A wehatethehibs

Sad to see it’s not looking too good for Robbie. In hindsight it probably was a move he made too early in his career. He was quick to leave Hearts at the first chance he got, he must regret that now. We were fighting for second when he left and still in the cup - who knows what he might have achieved if he had stayed. 

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sad to see it’s not looking too good for Robbie. In hindsight it probably was a move he made too early in his career. He was quick to leave Hearts at the first chance he got, he must regret that now. We were fighting for second when he left and still in the cup - who knows what he might have achieved if he had stayed. 

Given the stick he was getting despite that he probably did the right thing to jump. Christ, we have some arseholes in our support. You sometimes wonder if we deserve nice things like the odd bit of success that comes along. I've told the Neilson plane story to pals who support other clubs in Scotland and England with context (including the Hibs cup defeat) and they are genuinely incredulous.

As for his job security, he will get the sack eventually like every manager ever (or maybe he won't, maybe he's smart enough to keep switching jobs at the right time), but part of his rationale was a club with a patient chairman so that will be tested this season. English chairmen are trigger happy so if he doesn't get the boot for their current league position it might turn out to be a very good decision. There are a lot of out of work managers out there. What's the plane hirers' favourite "Stubbsy" up to these days?

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, socrates82 said:

Given the stick he was getting despite that he probably did the right thing to jump. Christ, we have some arseholes in our support. You sometimes wonder if we deserve nice things like the odd bit of success that comes along. I've told the Neilson plane story to pals who support other clubs in Scotland and England with context (including the Hibs cup defeat) and they are genuinely incredulous.

As for his job security, he will get the sack eventually like every manager ever, but part of his rationale was a club with a patient chairman so that will be tested this season. English chairmen are trigger happy so if he doesn't get the boot for their current league position it might turn out to be a very good decision. There are a lot of out of work managers out there. 

It was a disgrace the way some supporters treated neilson, a great servant of our club. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It was a disgrace the way some supporters treated neilson, a great servant of our club. 

Very much this.

54 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I'm hoping he comes back.      

I hope we change our crest to add his face with a clock superimposed on top.

36 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

:lol: 

1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

It will be a money spinner for sure.

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

As DOF when CL moves up to President.

Emperor.

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, kila said:

MK Dons 1-0 up against QPR away from home in the FA Cup, 30 mins left

QPR currently letting me down on my bankers line.

Bazzas right boot

Robbie kens how to win big games.

Hope they get a money spinner next round and he can recapture some of the league form he had with us.

?

41 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

QPR currently letting me down on my bankers line.

Ah

QPR who have now been knocked out at third round in 15 of last 17 seasons

Mars plastic

Good result for MK today, can’t be denied.

Surely wee Del Boy couldn’t get the Pilgrims into the play offs tho? 

The Internet
15 minutes ago, Locky said:

Only 51 attempts for QPR today. :rofl:

4DFEDB0B-496C-4589-ACA7-E7EEB6E8FCFD.png

Think something is wrong there :lol: 19 shots according to BBC. 

Robbie’s time must be really running out now after that humiliating drubbing in a big away cup game against a higher league team with pots of cash. What, oh ...

Geoff the Mince
1 hour ago, socrates82 said:

Robbie’s time must be really running out now after that humiliating drubbing in a big away cup game against a higher league team with pots of cash. What, oh ...

QPR do not have pots of cash ,

A decent win though .

Unknown user
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That shoogly  peg  at MK Dons must be the most stubborn of Shoogly pegs.

2018-01-06-21-21-15.jpg

29 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

QPR do not have pots of cash ,

A decent win though .

Owned by a billionnaire foreign businessman and before that bernie eccelstone so I imagine not short of a few bob.

Well done Robbie, didn't help my coupon but good to see a Hearts legend doing well :smile:

Home game vs Wimbledon next for MK Dons

#19 Mk Dons P 26 PTS 29

#21 Wimbledon P 25 PTS 27

Geoff the Mince
Just now, socrates82 said:

Owned by a billionnaire foreign businessman and before that bernie eccelstone so I imagine not short of a few bob.

He's not been spending it ,

A bit like the fella at Sunderland  .

This guy probably knows a bit better than some of us inbterms of providing context.

http://lastwordonfootball.com/2017/10/30/robbie-neilson-time/?doing_wp_cron=1513483503.6290199756622314453125

Sounds like Robbie is doing his best in a tricky situation and is likely to be given time. Like the headline of his piece:

“Robbie Neilson’s time should not be up”

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

This guy probably knows a bit better than some of us inbterms of providing context.

http://lastwordonfootball.com/2017/10/30/robbie-neilson-time/?doing_wp_cron=1513483503.6290199756622314453125

Sounds like Robbie is doing his best in a tricky situation and is likely to be given time. Like the headline of his piece:

“Robbie Neilson’s time should not be up”

So his predecessor was given six years.  Rightly or wrongly, I don't think he'll be getting the sack any time soon.

The Future's Maroon

I liked Robbie, but he moved on....why the feck this thread keeps going I don't know?

Yes, I see the ironic side of my post before anyone points it out.

Where is the threads on all other old Managers...John Robertson for example, Gary Locke, Csaba....Craig Levein ffs.

For the shit that was handed out on here about Robbie, the fact this thread still goes strong is a pisstake.

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

Is Sow injured?

Suspended. 2nd or 3rd game of 3 match ban. "Violent conduct" red card in the 9 men 1-0 win. 

3 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Strange. I never thought Sow capable of that...

Yeah. Thought he learned to be less careless

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah. Thought he learned to be less careless

Just saw it on YouTube - very harsh

30 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I liked Robbie, but he moved on....why the feck this thread keeps going I don't know?

Yes, I see the ironic side of my post before anyone points it out.

Where is the threads on all other old Managers...John Robertson for example, Gary Locke, Csaba....Craig Levein ffs.

For the shit that was handed out on here about Robbie, the fact this thread still goes strong is a pisstake.

The shit that was handed out to Robbie is the reason this thread runs and runs. There are always plenty threads about ex players

and managers - laslo and paterson just now for example - but we’ve never had folk actively wanting a good servant to Hearts to fail like the little Robbie Oot gang. They seemingly won’t let it lie until he’s out of a job and others enjoy poInting out he’s not done yet.

• JKBMod 13 locked this topic
  • JKBMod 13 unlocked this topic

Archived