Neilson's time at MKD is over (updated)

dazajmbo

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found out. But possibly improving as a manager as he gets more experience..

Should be able to pick up a Championship job in Scotland when one becomes available or possibly even lower SPL.. 

As an aside.. People wouldn't be as happy to see him fail if they weren't getting it rammed down their throats about how great he was..

59 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I still think he'll be at secvo come the start of next season. 

What, are you drunk!?!?

Finished 1st in a league with gers and hobos 

Finished 3rd on return to the big league 

Had us 2nd when he left.

Put everything into his playing days.

True great for us

So, if Neilson is gone and Sow's impact has been weak perhaps MK dons might be amenable to chucking Sow our way?

(This isn't longing for an old player to return, I think Sow and Lafferty are very similar players, both lanky unorthodox strikers who despite their size, strength isn't their primary attribute). 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I haven't seen anything to suggest he's special. Seems incapable of inspiring a dressing room and completely shackles players' creativity with an unnecessary fear of the opposition. He might come good somewhere but he's got a lot to learn. 

It was inevitable unfortunately.

He's a good guy and was the perfect man for his time and place for us in the championship season.

The signings of Sow, Gomis, Buaben, Ozturk and even Keatings and the combination of the young players already at the club proved to be a great combination.

Unfortunately, his signings went downhill after promotion and the quality of football got worse. Some of the away performances he inflicted on us were absolutely brutal. Reading the MK Dons forum, they seem to say the same thing. Terrible signings, awful away and dire football.

Hearts are probably going to be the peak of his career but I was delighted when he left.

Wish him all the best and he'll always be remembered well for the Championship year.

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

He's a good guy and was the perfect man for his time and place for us in the championship season.

The signings of Sow, Gomis, Buaben, Ozturk and even Keatings and the combination of the young players already at the club proved to be a great combination.

Unfortunately, his signings went downhill after promotion and the quality of football got worse. Some of the away performances he inflicted on us were absolutely brutal. Reading the MK Dons forum, they seem to say the same thing. Terrible signings, awful away and dire football.

Hearts are probably going to be the peak of his career but I was delighted when he left.

Wish him all the best and he'll always be remembered well for the Championship year.

Eloquently worded. 

59 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

Finished 1st in a league with gers and hobos 

Finished 3rd on return to the big league 

Had us 2nd when he left.

Put everything into his playing days.

True great for us

Pretty much this

Wish him very well

Reckon he might get the Killie gig once someone poaches Stevie Clarke.. 

With the job Clarke is doing he should be getting noticed by bigger clubs..

I guess then we will see how good a manager Neilson is because we will have something to measure it against..

6 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Hopefully this abomination of a thread will now disappear into oblivion where it belongs.

All the best for the future Robbie.

This

Gutted. 

My English cousin is up for the game today and he knows the lead singer from Blacklace (Agadoo, if you're wondering who they are), who in turn does a bit for Fleetwood. 

Less than an hour before the announcement, my Dad and I had sorted our digs in Blackpool for Fleetwood v MK Dons on Feb 24th.

Going to change our trip to the Wigan game in April. Hopefully Jamie is playing by then...

I was glad Robbie left Hearts when he did but wish him no ill will. Hope he gets another gig and does well, unless it's Rangers or Hibs!

He’s in a small band of people who have been instrumental in delivering 2 pieces of silverware to our club.  I’ll be forever grateful and wish him all the best.  

His next job will be with whoever gets relegated from the Premiership or St Johnstone if NI come calling for Tommy Wright.

6 hours ago, indianajones said:

I still think he'll be at secvo come the start of next season. 

Lets ****ing hope so :lol: 

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

A poor manager. Luckily we have a good one now. That is all.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Robbie’s best time as manager was when he was guided by Levein. 

Good of luck to him and I hope he gets back in the game. Perhaps he is another guy suited to be Assistant Manager, rather than the leader. 

Our recruitment was was actually very good when Robbie was here. We were signing premiership quality players in the championship. 

When we got to the premiership it was tougher. We still did well though, because there was no strong Hibs or Rangers. 

I'm not saying Robbie was a bad manager, far from it. 

I just would of loved to of seen how far we would of kicked on with a experienced manager.

We missed an opportunity to be a driving force in Scottish football imo.

Captain Canada

It's never nice to see a manager get fired, especially one who achieved a lot with us.

I really hope he gets another job soon and does well. I don't see it being in England but you never know. 

I think his signings were poor at MK Dons. A mix of young guys on loan and players who had been half decent in Scotland but weren't proven down south. 

Captain Sausage

Sad to see RN sacked. He did an amazing job to get us out of the championship at the first time of asking. 

Would I take him back? Would I ****. He left us right up the creek in the middle of a season. 

Maroonblood22
5 hours ago, cosanostra said:

This sums it up pretty well for me.

Well said.

Geoff the Mince
6 minutes ago, houstonjambo said:

Sad to see RN sacked. He did an amazing job to get us out of the championship at the first time of asking. 

Would I take him back? Would I ****. He left us right up the creek in the middle of a season. 

And this is whyI don't understand the hero worshipping ,

He walked out on us .

Where I’m at.

I understand some feeling vindicated however after being slaughtered for having the temerity to question his managerial ability.

Genuinely think he was a good coach, a good guy and he was popular around the club.

He just couldn't spot quality players consistently enough and get his team fighting hard away from home. Those were his Achilles heels. Signing Connor Sammon still baffles me to this day.

He was very level headed and calm and was always classy and reasonable when speaking.

He was kinda like the arsen wenger of the Scottish premiership. A lot of crap performances, a lot of people wanting rid, but pulled off an absolute thrashing of someone every few months to keep his loyal fans happy/ease the pressure.

Sometimes I read jkb threads and am glad that I don’t know certain posters personally...

Onwards and upwards Rob.

Wasn’t looking good for him lately. Still got plenty years ahead to turn his management career around but Scottish championship is where he’ll be back to.

lost in space
6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

THIS. Will probably get a job in Scottish Championship.  Wish him well - but don't want to see him back. DIRE football.

i wish jj was my dad

Disappointing to see a great servant has lost his job. I think his next stop might be falkirk. 

Best of luck to him

1 hour ago, Geoff the Mince said:

And this is whyI don't understand the hero worshipping ,

He walked out on us .

How is 2nd right up the creek ?(HoustonJambos comment)

Instrumental in two cup wins and our promotion it shouldnt even have to be debated about his status at this club.

3 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Disappointing to see a great servant has lost his job. I think his next stop might be falkirk. 

Best of luck to him

I think Paul Hartley might have something to say about that.

Dundee Utd would of been a good shout as well if Csaba didnt just take over.

11 minutes ago, lost in space said:

THIS. Will probably get a job in Scottish Championship.  Wish him well - but don't want to see him back. DIRE football.

Yep same dire football as Levein serves up.

Geoff the Mince
10 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

How is 2nd right up the creek ?(HoustonJambos comment)

Instrumental in two cup wins and our promotion it shouldnt even have to be debated about his status at this club.

Did he walk out ?

2 minutes ago, U.S Maroon said:

Yep same dire football as Levein serves up.

Hard to argue with that, but its work in progress with levein.

Look at the calibre of player he's just brought in with Naismith.

Some of the youngsters he's bringing through look very good as well.

It's clear that opinions on Robbie is split, there is maybe not as much vitriol of his period in charge in the wider support than is displayed here.

Wherever you rank him in the list of past managers, he will still appear above the dud that followed him. Not the greatest of accolades admittedly, but the Cathro era showed the old adage of football is a results business to be true, and Robbie didn't do too shabbily  whatever you thought of him  and of his style of play. Losing the cup tie to Hibs in 2016, allowing them to go on to lift the cup and break their century+ old hoodoo appears to be the defining moment for some.

I wish him well excepting when he comes against us in any future job.

6 hours ago, cosanostra said:

This about sums it up perfectly for me 

1 minute ago, Bootboy100 said:

This about sums it up perfectly for me 

Not happy to hear this and hope he finds employment sooner than later.

The one thing in football that matters more than anything else is results.    Robbie Neilson's results at Hearts cannot be described as anything other than phenomenal in the first season and then very satisfactory for a season and a bit.    

The chicanery of people determined to understate the facts and figures based on the much more subjective matter of 'performances' is quite distasteful.      We all know why his detractors turned against him but only rarely do you see any of them be honest about it.   

He did a good turn for us but it was tough to watch at time. Our Championship probably his next destination. Think he’s potentially still got a decent managerial career ahead of him

portobellojambo1
7 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Sums it up very well. I've honestly not followed how Robbie had done while at MK Dons, I'm one of those sorts who when someone leaves Tynecastle I then just move on to who replaces them, whether it be the manager or a player. I still regret that he didn't simply take what we had in the Championship and look to maintain the playing style but endeavour to take it to the next level. Unfortunately the players brought in and style of football adopted didn't work in the top division and I still feel when he did decide to go he had taken us as far as he could.

"The style of football adopted didn't work in the top division... ".

Says it all really.

The results and league table places occupied by Hearts suggest it did work.

3 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Sums it up very well. I've honestly not followed how Robbie had done while at MK Dons, I'm one of those sorts who when someone leaves Tynecastle I then just move on to who replaces them, whether it be the manager or a player. I still regret that he didn't simply take what we had in the Championship and look to maintain the playing style but endeavour to take it to the next level. Unfortunately the players brought in and style of football adopted didn't work in the top division and I still feel when he did decide to go he had taken us as far as he could.

Agree with this. We were a fantastic team in the championship attacking all the time. If it ain’t broke don’t try and fix it yet Robbie thought he had to tear most of the team apart to go up a level when we didn’t. The first season back up was satisfactory I would say in terms of league position but the performances were starting to dip and we seen that the season he left we were back to being very inconsistent and horrific away from home. 

Wish him all the best for the future 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"The style of football adopted didn't work in the top division... ".

Says it all really.

The results and league table places occupied by Hearts suggest it did work.

There's no denying our performances in big games were Cathro like.. His last game against Rangers apart.. Abject

Archived