Ann Budge update

Texia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alicante jambo

She's adamant the announcement will be next week. Why wouldn't it be today or tomorrow? Why wait but Budge saying it will be next week after the stand embarrassment means next week so it's been appointed one way or another.

Maybe she has asked sergio to come in for a 2nd interview?

Let's just wait and see. There's speculation on here 24/7 and most of it is complete garbage.

But then you get just as many fans complaining that the club aren't telling them anything. They can't please everyone.

All the update says she's back from holiday Gives money for Murrayfield and cheerio Gardner. You see a club statement you think it's the real deal. That anything but.

You being serious? What pressure did we put on Rangers? Kilmarnock, yes, but that's 1 game against a poor team.

Closed them down as soon as they got the ball and forced them in to areas where they couldn't hurt us. Pushed them out wide and forced them to launch in crosses that our defenders were always going to win ahead of their strike force.

Watched both games and we played virtually no football in either.

The abuse Neilson took for less and people are willing to accept Daly, bizarre really.

The reality is Daly has got zero pedigree, much less than Cathro. Has shown little beyond organisation and effort and people are content for him to take the job. Watch the goodwill evaporate instantly the minute he loses.

Maybe she has asked sergio to come in for a 2nd interview?

If he wants it come tomorrow. But ludicrous guesswork.

I sometimes wish Hearts had a game every day so at least we'd have something solid to talk about rather than guessing. Guessing usually prefaced with "There's no way..." or "Obviously..."

alicante jambo

If he wants it come tomorrow. But ludicrous guesswork.

I know but wishfull thinking.No good getting excited the now anyway she has told us next week.

"Unfortunately due to timing we could not do as much business on recruitment as we would have liked"

Incoming.

Call me Mr Cynical, but thats a given!

But then you get just as many fans complaining that the club aren't telling them anything. They can't please everyone.

People only want updates because we are pissing around not achieving anything.

Appoint manager - no need for update on why it hasn't been done

Open stand - no need for update on why it hasn't been done

Bazzas right boot

You slagging me off about my spelling pmsl.

My spelling is shite.

Also my original post wasn't slagging someone for spelling, but aye I get it for pulling you up for pointing out spelling.

Not great, my grammar is shite as well!

Bazzas right boot

Would rather she got on with appointing a manager and signing some players than issuing statements

Aye, because both can't be done.

Greedy_Jambo

I read that as someone being on the bevvy and we've no got enough money for the stand haha. 

ToadKiller Dog

The important part for me is that the footballing structure is under review ,that's as it should be .

Hopefully it will produce changes in the coming weeks and months .

We need to start moving forward again .

Working on the severance package to bring in O'Neill!?

You know, the complexity of the O'Neil situation could explain this delay and what appears to be inaction.

It's about the only outcome that I can think of where we'd all understand the reason for this approach the club has taken.

alicante jambo

My spelling is shite.

Also my original post wasn't slagging someone for spelling, but aye I get it for pulling you up for pointing out spelling.

Not great, my grammar is shite as well!

Mate i was slagging hughes.Lets leave it there no want to fall out with any jambo.

I think it'll be Craig Levein until the end of the season. I'm guessing whilst we've had a load of CV's there hasn't been an outstanding candidate that was willing to work with the structure and constraints of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The important part for me is that the footballing structure is under review ,that's as it should be .

Hopefully it will produce changes in the coming weeks and months .

We need to start moving forward again .

like in the next few hours.

bean counter

Just maybe we have made an offer to someone not yet mentioned in the mainstream media. Maybe someone from the "Out of the box managers thread".

Maybe we have had a verbal acceptance but are waiting till we have the signed contract.

I think that after the Billy Davies statement we were going to have to say something.

I'm happy to wait and see

All the update says she's back from holiday Gives money for Murrayfield and cheerio Gardner. You see a club statement you think it's the real deal. That anything but.

It makes far more sense than your constant garbage , just sayin'

I don't know what to make of that at all.

Tells me the days of Hearts being run by kneejerking lunatics are long gone.

Glamorgan Jambo

Looking it from a communications perspective only what she's said is

1. A further announcement about the Head Coach appointment will be made next week. Not an appointment an announcement.

2. She is still looking at the overall structure of the football department. This will include overall responsibilities that today are all held by Craig Levein.

My own conclusions are

1. It's very unlikely Daly will get the job. He's got us better organised and harder to beat which suits us fine as we're playing away from Tynecastle for the next 6 weeks. But he won't be in the hot seat on a permanent basis.

2. Levein's role and future responsibilities are under the spotlight and IMO likely to change, if he chooses to stay. If Ann was perfectly happy with him carrying on as he's done to date she'd have said so and Daly would have been confirmed already.

3. I think Levein will be gone by the start of next season and I still see Michael O'Neill coming in at some point.

Francis Albert

So the new head coach will have at most 4 days to complete the squad. Nothing to beat a 3 year plan is there?

And if Scot wasn't the one who failed to ""process" the seats order, has anything been done to ensure a similar failure doesn't happen again and,if it does, someone will spot it in less than two months?

As for those saying a win against Motherwell and the job's Daly's?. Really could that possibly be our recruitment process?

So the new head coach will have at most 4 days to complete the squad. Nothing to beat a 3 year plan is there?And if Scot wasn't the one who failed to ""process" the seats order, has anything been done to ensure a similar failure doesn't happen again and,if it does, someone will spot it in less than two months?As for those saying a win against Motherwell and the job's Daly's?. Really could that possibly be our recruitment process?

Where does it say Scot wasn't the one who stuffed up?

Hilary Briss

It seems a bit shambles with all decent applications pulling out - however with that in mind leaving it another week prob makes sense.

Gives Daly another game to show what he has and if improvement is still there. If we are piss poor - then we have international break to take stock and maybe get someone in. The downside is we need new players like oxygen and this will only delay it. 

So the new head coach will have at most 4 days to complete the squad. Nothing to beat a 3 year plan is there?

And if Scot wasn't the one who failed to ""process" the seats order, has anything been done to ensure a similar failure doesn't happen again and,if it does, someone will spot it in less than two months?

As for those saying a win against Motherwell and the job's Daly's?. Really could that possibly be our recruitment process?

There is no linkage between the 3 year plan and 4 days of a transfer window..another attempt to put the boot in

If I take over a job and do it well I would expect to be considered for the post..but not it seems in your world. People can grasp the opportunity even though it is unexpected

1. A further announcement about the Head Coach appointment will be made next week. Not an appointment an announcement.

2. She is still looking at the overall structure of the football department. This will include overall responsibilities that today are all held by Craig Levein.

My own conclusions are

1. It's very unlikely Daly will get the job. He's got us better organised and harder to beat which suits us fine as we're playing away from Tynecastle for the next 6 weeks. But he won't be in the hot seat on a permanent basis.

2. Levein's role and future responsibilities are under the spotlight and IMO likely to change, if he chooses to stay. If Ann was perfectly happy with him carrying on as he's done to date she'd have said so and Daly would have been confirmed already.

3. I think Levein will be gone by the start of next season and I still see Michael O'Neill coming in at some point.

Interesting post.

As much as I would like to see this happen, I think it is wishful thinking.

If she is going to make statements (and I use the term loosely) I want her to tell me just how skint we are and what impact this lack of funds is having on football matters? That's the question AB needs to answer and she needs to answer it quickly! I think Darren Brown uses less smoke and mirrors than AB!

Bob, I saw your show at the Fringe a few years ago but laughed more at this post.

Budge obviously still in holiday mode and really can't be arsed with work since she's came back. We've all been there :lol:

I read it that all the interviews are now done, if that's the case then why not get someone in? I have a feeling we are waiting to see how Daly does against Motherwell...

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Hmm, the job will be either Daly's or Levein's I suspect, and as the announcements being held off until next week my guess is Craig.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Jason Dufner

This is an absolute shambles and shows how out her depth she, the board and Craig Levein are at running the football side of the business.

This is the most important part of the season to have a manager in place and yet we'll be into week 4 still no further forwards.

Good candidates keep ruling themselves out and as Billy Davies has said we have no interest in changing our, in my opinion very flawed operating model.

It's disgraceful it's carried on this long and even more disappointing the current standard of candidate we're left with.

It's clear footballing success is nowhere near top of the priority list which is shameful in itself.

You know, the complexity of the O'Neil situation could explain this delay and what appears to be inaction.

It's about the only outcome that I can think of where we'd all understand the reason for this approach the club has taken.

Now theres a way to look at things.  I like many would be pleasantly surprised, forced to eat humble pie to an extent.  It years gone by this is the sort of thing we wished for, the Romanov years especially when it looked like we might get a top class coach - only to be handed a Graham Rix type.  Not again Ann, please.

Indeed. But its long been clear putting the best team we can on the park is far from a priority. Its absolutely shameful we are in this position when Cathro should have been emptied months ago. 

As for the latest "plan" God only knows. I thought the original plan was a 5-year plan???  And now we are being told there is a "new 3-year plan" on the back of the "initial 3-year plan". 

In my opinion there is a lot of financial implications in all this and that given the unbelievable backing they have had from the support they should be being far more open about it.

Francis Albert

There is no linkage between the 3 year plan and 4 days of a transfer window..another attempt to put the boot in

If I take over a job and do it well I would expect to be considered for the post..but not it seems in your world. People can grasp the opportunity even though it is unexpected

If I had zero experience in the role I would not expect to have a hope in hell of getting the job no matter how well I performed as a 4 week stand-in.

To be appointing a new head coach at best 4 days before a crucial transfer window closes suggests the 3 year or 5 year plan or whatever it is, is not exactly running to ... plan.

My own conclusions are

Pretty much how I'm reading it. Innit weird how people read exactly the same thing differently? If the status quo was being maintained why even mention a review?

This is an absolute shambles and shows how out her depth she, the board and Craig Levein are at running the football side of the business.

This is the most important part of the season to have a manager in place and yet we'll be into week 4 still no further forwards.

Good candidates keep ruling themselves out and as Billy Davies has said we have no interest in changing our, in my opinion very flawed operating model.

It's disgraceful it's carried on this long and even more disappointing the current standard of candidate we're left with.

It's clear footballing success is nowhere near top of the priority list which is shameful in itself.

You have to ask what Craig Levein is actually doing at the moment. 3 weeks without a manager and another shambolic transfer window.

Let's just wait and see. There's speculation on here 24/7 and most of it is complete garbage.

I dunno, mate - I've been 'Standing by for an announcement' since 7:15pm on 19th August...  :rolleyes5:

Private Hudson

Reading between the lines, I think we've wanted certain managers but they've refused to work in the current structure, hence the 'review' chat.

I don't think it'll go to Daly long-term, if at all.

Maybe Daly till the end of the season, then a change to an old school 'manager does everything' style structure, or something where Levein has considerably less influence.

I can't believe Anne thinks Daly is the long-term solution, or Pressley/Hartley, separately or combined.

Budge obviously still in holiday mode and really can't be arsed with work since she's came back. We've all been there :lol:

I read it that all the interviews are now done, if that's the case then why not get someone in? I have a feeling we are waiting to see how Daly does against Motherwell...

An absolute shambles in all honesty, new manager with no midfield and the window closing in a week or so. :lol:

My own conclusions are

I think you got a bit carried away after making a bit of sense! Where's this coming from?

I'll bet she has had her eyes opened by these interviews. I'd imagine the ideas brought to the table by the candidates have given her food for thought. She's sharp as a tack and she'll have thought long and hard about her next move.

Maybe the Cathro dark days were worth it in a round about way.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Indeed. But its long been clear putting the best team we can on the park is far from a priority. Its absolutely shameful we are in this position when Cathro should have been emptied months ago. 

As for the latest "plan" God only knows. I thought the original plan was a 5-year plan???  And now we are being told there is a "new 3-year plan" on the back of the "initial 3-year plan". 

In my opinion there is a lot of financial implications in all this and that given the unbelievable backing they have had from the support they should be being far more open about it.

We're blatantly skint and are operating on a smallest budget possible. Daly is about as cheap as a new head coach gets.

The board will be praying for a win on Saturday. A bad day at the office there and appointing Daly would be an even bigger joke than it is now.

I said "if" - look it up

You'll not be happy until the "culprit " is named and shamed.

We're blatantly skint and are operating on a smallest budget possible. Daly is about as cheap as a new head coach gets.

The board will be praying for a win on Saturday. A bad day at the office there and appointing Daly would be an even bigger joke than it is now.

So we lost to Celtic. They appoint a new coach in the preceding 3 games away from home he picks up 7 points...is that still a big joke? Think about it...

Archived