Ann Budge update

Texia

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything it's says cl will be manager.

Restructure, experienced manager...

Ticks the boxes.

It's a plausible interpretation. It's certainly a thought provoking if cryptic statement, which suggests to me that Levein's time as DOF may be up.

been here before

Think you're confusing a CV with a post on an internet forum... Easily done I'm sure...

Im sure you think it is.

That if he wins against Motherwell, it's his.

This.

Next week ? getting nearer and nearer the end of the transfer window and our midfield is a shambles.

Might have tightened up at the back but chances will be few and far between for our strikers if this issue isn't addressed.

Independence

I get that kind of feeling bud

If he beats Motherwell he should get it.why not. Some posters on here , if they are indeed Hearts fans, need to take a reality pill!!!

"Initial 3-year plan"........."more importantly, against our new 3-year plan"    Would love to know what this "new 3-year plan" entails.

"The calibre of interviewee was very high".......so where the hell are they?

This.

Next week ? getting nearer and nearer the end of the transfer window and our midfield is a shambles.

Might have tightened up at the back but chances will be few and far between for our strikers if this issue isn't addressed.

At least the excuse of the lack of time in the transfer window will be played.

Why the delay? It sounds like the guys been chosen otherwise there would be no announcement next week, why not announce now. There's zero reason why! Michael O'Neil (fantasy) aye we will announce him right before the international break. I can't think of one reason if the new guy has been chosen, which he has according to the "statement" the boy can't be announced, look at the squad and decide what's needed before next week. But aye, look out for amazing hospitality at Murrayfield because someone forgot to order the seats, letting down loads of supporters one way or another l.

All talk again. I'm delighted by the news we are on schedule to still open the stand 2 months late.

All talk...?

It's a written statement, what more do you want from it?

While at the moment things may not look great on the recruitment side, I think I'll reserve my judgement until decisions have been made and published.

"Initial 3-year plan"........."more importantly, against our new 3-year plan"    Would love to know what this "new 3-year plan" entails.

"The calibre of interviewee was very high".......so where the hell are they?

Israel and London :whistling:

If he beats Motherwell he should get it.why not. Some posters on here , if they are indeed Hearts fans, need to take a reality pill!!!

Why should he? Motherwell and Killie are shite. Rangers got horsed off Hibs and we got papped off Celtic. It's not a Derby or Aberdeen it's shitey Motherwell.

If she is going to make statements (and I use the term loosely) I want her to tell me just how skint we are and what impact this lack of funds is having on football matters? That's the question AB needs to answer and she needs to answer it quickly! I think Darren Brown uses less smoke and mirrors than AB!

Clerry Jambo

You can read it different ways but by saying there will be a permanent announcement next week I think it's going to be levein or Daly

loveofthegame

"The calibre of interviewee was very high and every candidate was worthy of very serious consideration."

SURELY she cannot say that then appoint Daly, Hartley or Pressley....?! Surely?!

"Unfortunately due to timing we could not do as much business on recruitment as we would have liked"

Incoming.

alicante jambo

"The calibre of interviewee was very high and every candidate was worthy of very serious consideration."

SURELY she cannot say that then appoint Daly, Hartley or Pressley....?! Surely?!

She has not appointed anyone yet.

"Unfortunately due to timing we could not do as much business on recruitment as we would have liked"

Incoming.

No way, it will be the first choice puppet/head coach.

I really got my hopes up over this, really did. **** sake.

Speculating someone said that 2 of the 3 on the list would be appointed.Someone else said Pressley was not interviewed for head coach role but was interviewed.

So what about it's Levein leaves Pressley is taking his role and Hartley is head coach with the rest of the coaching staff as it is.

She has not appointed anyone yet.

Then why is she so sure of an announcement next week in that case? Someone or 2 have been chosen.

Not having a first team coach in place hasn't stopped us signing players so far, so hopefully we can still strengthen the areas needing it.

Strange given we were told the manager/ head coach decides who we sign/keep/extend contracts/release. I just hope whoever it is agrees with the interim player signer's decisions

alanthejambo

I think it's going to be Levein or an experienced manager. DOF role ends

Speculating someone said that 2 of the 3 on the list would be appointed.Someone else said Pressley was not interviewed for head coach role but was interviewed.

So what about it's Levein leaves Pressley is taking his role and Hartley is head coach with the rest of the coaching staff as it is.

In that case Billy Davies will be raging because he's already said he's not interested because things will stay the same basically and he's not interested in becoming Ian Cathro or Neilson.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Daly gets the job next week. That's what she's saying.

Also, Levein will be staying. The stuff about the review is just lip service.

alicante jambo

Then why is she so sure of an announcement next week in that case? Someone or 2 have been chosen.

Not got a clue mate but if someone had been chosen we would know about it.Maybe it is between 2 or 3 maybe even someone that has not been mentioned.

In that case Billy Davies will be raging because he's already said he's not interested because things will stay the same basically and he's not interested in becoming Ian Cathro or Neilson.

I think he is not interested in working under any Dof

Has anyone actually watched us under Daly? We are playing with more pace and putting pressure on opponents... at tricky away grounds... is that not what everyone has been crying out for?

If the announcement is to made next week they must have decided who it is.

Why not tell us now and get on with signing a few midfield players before next Friday.

Daly if we win on Saturday or Levien if we don't.

That's all I can think of if its being delayed until next week !!!

Staggering. 

Been a huge supporter and backer of Budge and she is clearly a fantastic busniess woman and entrepreneur. She will always have massive respect fro the way she has progressed the club off the field and of course the superb new stand will stand testimony to her for generations off it. Ensuring the club was able to stay in Gorgie with that new development was a massive achievement.

However for me she is showing her complete lack of understanding of the football side of the club and IF it should Levein/Daly or some combo of it, its very clear that the former is driving and making all decisions off it. Her statement of 4th July in comparison to today's is galling, the bluster long gone replaced by a nothing statement on the football side of things. But she will be held accountable for the comments about "experienced coaches" applying and "swamped with applicants" if she should authorize such an underwhelming and cost saving appointment. They will have egg all over their faces before this season is out.

This is where i am.We need players.

Agree. Desperately short of pace, width, creativity and goals in the team.

AlphonseCapone

On the positive side, I can stop checking KB as much this week.

However, something is rotten in the state of Heart of Midlothian I think...

All talk...?

It's a written statement, what more do you want from it?

While at the moment things may not look great on the recruitment side, I think I'll reserve my judgement until decisions have been made and published.

I'd like them to stop issuing written statements and just get on with things. Less talk more action.

Has anyone actually watched us under Daly? We are playing with more pace and putting pressure on opponents... at tricky away grounds... is that not what everyone has been crying out for?

You being serious? What pressure did we put on Rangers? Kilmarnock, yes, but that's 1 game against a poor team.

Not got a clue mate but if someone had been chosen we would know about it.Maybe it is between 2 or 3 maybe even someone that has not been mentioned.

She's adamant the announcement will be next week. Why wouldn't it be today or tomorrow? Why wait but Budge saying it will be next week after the stand embarrassment means next week so it's been appointed one way or another.

Good result on Saturday but we barely got out of our own half for the last hour!!  Ann's "stepped up to the mark brilliantly" is so over the top its laughable especially when its by far the most positive thing she has to say!

You have to be being facetious if you honestly think Jon Daly should be appointed Hearts Head Coach. Given the circumstances and having got rid of the hapless Cathro appointing Daly would without doubt be up there with the piss take appointments of the Vladimir Romanov era. Thats how much of a joke it would be.

I'd like them to stop issuing written statements and just get on with things. Less talk more action.

But then you get just as many fans complaining that the club aren't telling them anything. They can't please everyone.

:lol:

Killie admit they are better away. Rangers at times couldn't get our our half. Utter guff.

Archived