The terrible thing that's happened in america

hueyview

Nothing bizarre about it except your bias.

As I posted, these people are armed, dangerous, and stupid.

By provoking them, as you advocate, you make things worse.

They will respond, with violence I expect.

So I say stop provoking them. Stop it. Then, as I also posted, engage in consensus style politics to find peaceful solutions.

But you just want to keep on stabbing at them, keep on irritating them, in which case if they do respond, you take in some culpability for whatever they respond with.

No, I don't want anyone to keep stabbing at anyone. (I'm ok with people irritating neo-nazis on Facebook, though). Torepeat, if a council votes to remove a statue, I think that's fine. If people post piss-taking stuff on the internet, I think that's fine. If someone drives a vehicle into a crowd of people, that's not fine. Nothing justifies it, or excuses it, and people are perfectly entitled to greet about it.

Should we stop provoking these Islamist nut case too, in your opinion? Eg stop allowing women to drive, having fun at pop concerts etc.? Apparently, that sort of stuff drives them ****ing batshit mental.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should we stop provoking these Islamist nut case too, in your opinion? Eg stop allowing women to drive, having fun at pop concerts etc.? Apparently, that sort of stuff drives them ******* batshit mental.

No, we must fight them, because they aren't like us.

But we must appease the fascists, because.......

......oops.

:hae36:

deesidejambo

If a council votes to take down a statue from a municipal park, or someone posts a piss-taking picture/message on the internet, I still think have a right to greet if someone then drives a car into a crowd of people.

What a ******* bizarre post.

Ok so you say it's bizarre to look for consensus based solutions.

You are the problem.

The nutters won't just go away and your approach of provoking them into doing their stupid things is part of the problem.

There should be a moratorium on the removal of Confederate statues etc and a study should be done to come to a consensus.

But you are clearly not interested in that so crack on. The divisiveness will continue because of your approach, not despite it.

You are the problem.

The nutters won't just go away and your approach of provoking them into doing their stupid things is part of the problem.

There should be a moratorium on the removal of Confederate statues etc and a study should be done to come to a consensus.

But you are clearly not interested in that so crack on. The divisiveness will continue because of your approach, not despite it.

You are making things up then arguing with that again.

deesidejambo

......oops.

There is a major difference.

If you simply ignore the fascists, leave them alone, and they will fade away over time, as is happening in South Africa.

But keep prodding them and you give them the publicity they need.

This situation will get worse because of both sides approaches not just the fascists side.

Consensus not for you then!

Nah, it's discussions with people who make things up as they go along that aren't for me.

The hard left are arseholes

Nazis are arseholes.

Can we get the thread back on track now?

I'd be careful mate - the POTUS made a similar statement and millions of people shat the bed.

......oops.

nice one

20882242_1954332578113655_49862163783296

They forgot the Che tshirts.

You do know that photo at the bottom right is faked?

GettyImages-94075260.jpg

This is the original photo which was taken in Athens, Greece during the 2009 Riots.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/event/violent-clashes-in-athens-mark-the-first-anniversary-of-police-killing-94074846#greek-youths-clash-with-riot-police-during-a-demonstration-the-fatal-picture-id94075260

Up real early this morning, got guys coming to instal a new furnace, turn on JKB, and maybe because its early but it is even more difficult to believe and understand that we are disscussing Nazis, for a major part of my long life that word is one that in most people causes a feeling to vomit if it comes out of even their own mouth. Donald Trump did not start Naziism, as far as I know he never really practised  it, well perhaps the wee incident when he made a policy about who could live in one of his properties, but that although to day is racism,would not have been then, but was not Nazi. Where he is wrong and somewhat complicit is that he has not taken a strong stand against Nazi involvement today, Donald Trump has every right to have his own opinions, and to state them, but what is not right is for PRESIDENT Donald Trump who is elected to represent all Americans regardless of class, color or creed to be the slightest bit weak in protesting actions against any Americans as publicly proclaimed by the Nazi element.

And the burning of the American Flag is a photo which was taken in 2005.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_burning.jpg

On google images the face of the guy holding the flag is clearly visible, but I'm not going to post that photo.

So whoever made that montage did a pretty poor amateur job of it. 

But notice how quickly it was seized upon and accepted as fact.

I'd be careful mate - the POTUS made a similar statement and millions of people shat the bed.

In Charlottesville, the Nazis were clearly ahead in the arsehole stakes.

But notice how quickly it was seized upon and accepted as fact.

As it all too often is, sadly when they are debunked as fake, it rarely ever gets the same widespread coverage.

Governor Tarkin

In Charlottesville, the Nazis were clearly ahead in the arsehole stakes.

It wasn't even close.

You do know that photo at the bottom right is faked?

GettyImages-94075260.jpg

This is the original photo which was taken in Athens, Greece during the 2009 Riots.

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/event/violent-clashes-in-athens-mark-the-first-anniversary-of-police-killing-94074846#greek-youths-clash-with-riot-police-during-a-demonstration-the-fatal-picture-id94075260

Good and acceptable response to internet memes people don't agree with or like - point out flaws, misrepresentations and inaccuracies.

Bad and unacceptable response to internet memes people don't agree with or like - drive a car into a group of people

You are the problem.

No, the Nazis are the problem. And the idea that the Nazis would somehow pack up and go home if your study recommended the removal of the Confederate statues is ludicrous.

maroonlegions

No, the Nazis are the problem. And the idea that the Nazis would somehow pack up and go home if your study recommended the removal of the Confederate statues is ludicrous.

Bang on.

Lets ignore all fascists and racists wherever they manifest. let them go unchallenged on the streets when they openly display hatred towards those of a different creed, colour or race.  

Thing is history has a knack of sometimes repeating its self and we all know how that panned out in Germany in the 1930s when the fascist/nazi propaganda hate machine was in full flow. 

How can those that preach and advocate the removal of the freedoms of others be in any way allowed to openly display such beliefs. They should be challenged at all times and made to realise that they face a real rejection of their vile  racist views.  

Name and shaming anyone on social media is a start too, zero tolerance for these red neck retrobates. 

20768147_1653071681452546_55093180853868

:jjyay:

Thing is history has a knack of sometimes repeating its self and we all know how that panned out in Germany in the 1930s when the fascist/nazi propaganda hate machine was in full flow. 

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  George Santayana (philosopher, poet, and novelist, 1863-1952)

maroonlegions

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it."  George Santayana (philosopher, poet, and novelist, 1863-1952)

Superb find.

:2thumbsup:

AlphonseCapone

ZeroHour not been back on the thread since that tragic meme was demolished for the lies and shite it was?

ZeroHour not been back on the thread since that tragic meme was demolished for the lies and shite it was?

Hi.

Further to Saturdays demonstrations in Vancouver, the Anti Immigration and Muslim one, and the second one by the Anti anti Muslim one, there was an interesting read in the morning newspaper.  The organiser of the Anti Muslim group photographed wearing his Make America Great Again hat states that he doesn't mind the good Muslims coming in, but there are lots of them who are criminals. The reporter who had done some research asked about his drug conviction and he acknowledged he had one, a criminal conviction for drug offences, a wee bit of pot calling kettle, which is quite appropriate inasmuch  he is fairly corpulent.  The other thing I found, is ironic the word, that his drug conviction will probably restrict his access into the United States, but he is still loyal, or else the hat was a gift.   

Has this Cantwell guy been offered a job in the White House yet?

Might be in the running for Bannon's job.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana (philosopher, poet, and novelist, 1863-1952)

Poignant quote, and one I seen used in a spectacularly point-missing way in relation to the current situation.

The primary concern right now should be to stop what could be history repeating itself, rather than focusing on the impact the removal of a few statues will have on people remembering it.

Why the strewth? The best thing is to let him speak. His own words condemn him more than anyone elses ever could.

Still ok to think "strewth, what an absolute slavering, backward *****", though.

No. Enjoying a red wine actually, back tomorrow, have a good 1.

I figured that you would have been a strictly white wine person.  :wink:

alwaysthereinspirit

Why the strewth? The best thing is to let him speak. His own words condemn him more than anyone elses ever could.

This. Hard to pull out ye olde "taken out of context" excuse when you couldn't be more obvious with what you mean. The actual hatred inside of people is very difficult to comprehend. How brainwashed were they as kids.

We are in a more dangerous situation in this country IMO where dimwit plods are empowered to patrol and enforce the Orwellian and subjective 'hate speech' term.

As should be taught to every child (not the cultural revolutionesque 'fight for equality'), laws to silence bigots could one day be used to silence you.

Seymour M Hersh

Woman walks into a animals den and everyone is shocked when the animal behaves like an animal. Why she even wanted to give that swivel eyed loon the oxygen of publicity is more concerning. Are the media doing it looking for a tear up? If yes they'll get it every time from these arseholes. Maybe they should stop focusing on them so much. They are loving the attention try to give them as little as possible.

Seymour M Hersh

Out of interest does anyone know what sort of numbers we're talking about with these nazi lovers? Out of a population of 320m how many are there in the kkk and the other affiliated nut job organisations?

Nah, we need to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Their vile world views need to be exposed and shared far and wide so that people learn just how dangerous these people are.

We cannot let people like Trump and the mass media try to make excuses for these cretins.

Seymour M Hersh

Nah, we need to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Their vile world views need to be exposed and shared far and wide so that people learn just how dangerous these people are.

We cannot let people like Trump and the mass media try to make excuses for these cretins.

Got any links?

Poignant quote, and one I seen used in a spectacularly point-missing way in relation to the current situation.

The primary concern right now should be to stop what could be history repeating itself, rather than focusing on the impact the removal of a few statues will have on people remembering it.

As I am the only person to have used this quote in recent days (that I'm aware of) then I presume the part in bold is aimed at me, maybe I'm wrong and maybe It's not, but if it is, why don't you just come out with the point you and another poster have both said that you think I'm missing.

You see, you and Justin Z have a huge advantage over myself and probably the vast majority of the rest of the thread, and that is that you have both worked and lived in America, you may have been educated in America, you might even have been born in America, whilst myself and everyone else hasn't, we, I haven't witnessed what you and Justin have, therefore my understanding of the situation surrounding these statues is not as detailed nor as complete as yours is and nor would I expect it to be, just as I wouldn't expect an American to knew or understand what it was like to grow up in the 60's in the UK.

At the start of this week, I, like a lot of other people weren't aware of the symbolism surrounding these statues and that there seemed to be two main periods in time when these statues were erected, those being primary at around the beginning of the 1900's and then again in the 1950's & 60's, there had obviously been others erected every year in between, but the two primary periods are the said periods.

But you know all of this already, so there is no point in going into any detail, but through my own ignorance of the subject I didn't, I knew about Confederate Statues and monuments, but I didn't know that in the vast majority of the cases that Statue had no relevance to that particular town or city, inasmuch as the person being born there, died there or that a battle had been fought there, and that many were put up for the sole reason of racism, indeed it could be argued that every single Confederate Statue & Monument is a symbol of racism, which I now accept they are, and again this was something which I was not appreciative off until the events of last Saturday brought them out into the open, before then I hadn't given it any real thought.

I have now read up more on the subject and I now hold my hands up and say that I didn't appreciate fully the symbolism of these statues and monuments and how they were and are intended as a means of keeping racism alive, therefore I have now no objections to the removal of any or all Confederate statues, monuments, renaming of buildings, streets or parks, which people deem to be offensive and a clear symbol of racism.

I hope this clarifies my position now.

AlphonseCapone

As I am the only person to have used this quote in recent days (that I'm aware of) then I presume the part in bold is aimed at me, maybe I'm wrong and maybe It's not, but if it is, why don't you just come out with the point you and another poster have both said that you think I'm missing.

You see, you and Justin Z have a huge advantage over myself and probably the vast majority of the rest of the thread, and that is that you have both worked and lived in America, you may have been educated in America, you might even have been born in America, whilst myself and everyone else hasn't, we, I haven't witnessed what you and Justin have, therefore my understanding of the situation surrounding these statues is not as detailed nor as complete as yours is and nor would I expect it to be, just as I wouldn't expect an American to knew or understand what it was like to grow up in the 60's in the UK.

At the start of this week, I, like a lot of other people weren't aware of the symbolism surrounding these statues and that there seemed to be two main periods in time when these statues were erected, those being primary at around the beginning of the 1900's and then again in the 1950's & 60's, there had obviously been others erected every year in between, but the two primary periods are the said periods.

But you know all of this already, so there is no point in going into any detail, but through my own ignorance of the subject I didn't, I knew about Confederate Statues and monuments, but I didn't know that in the vast majority of the cases that Statue had no relevance to that particular town or city, inasmuch as the person being born there, died there or that a battle had been fought there, and that many were put up for the sole reason of racism, indeed it could be argued that every single Confederate Statue & Monument is a symbol of racism, which I now accept they are, and again this was something which I was not appreciative off until the events of last Saturday brought them out into the open, before then I hadn't given it any real thought.

I have now read up more on the subject and I now hold my hands up and say that I didn't appreciate fully the symbolism of these statues and monuments and how they were and are intended as a means of keeping racism alive, therefore I have now no objections to the removal of any or all Confederate statues, monuments, renaming of buildings, streets or parks, which people deem to be offensive and a clear symbol of racism.

Good honest post Jambo-Jimbo.

I've also learnt a fair bit from this thread.

You are wrong. It wasn't aimed at you. Believe it or not, kickback isn't my only source of info or discussion on this topic.

Out of interest does anyone know what sort of numbers we're talking about with these nazi lovers? Out of a population of 320m how many are there in the kkk and the other affiliated nut job organisations?

I'd guess about 17.

Archived