The terrible thing that's happened in america

hueyview

so in answer to my question?

What question?  The last question you asked of me was to explain something that I didn't say.

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so in answer to my question?

You shouldn't start a question with "so", by the way.  It makes you look like you've already leapt to a conclusion.

Francis Albert

What question?  The last question you asked of me was to explain something that I didn't say.

i didn't ask you to explain anything. Do you think we should object to people distorting history by saying that the north fought in order to abolish slavery, or not? Simple question.

Francis Albert

You shouldn't start a question with "so", by the way.  It makes you look like you've already leapt to a conclusion.

no it just indicates that i think you haven't answered the question

Francis Albert

Been there, seen that, etc. etc.  :eek:  :laugh:

image.jpg

In more advanced societies (Georgetown Barbados for example)   Nelson's statues still stands proud. Sorry probably a racist comment.

In more advanced societies (Georgetown Barbados for example)   Nelson's statues still stands proud. Sorry probably a racist comment.

I'll leave it to others to decide if it's racist, but in the unlikely event you ever find yourself in Ireland, I imagine it's something you won't say.

Bridgetown, Barbados.

There are many who hate God, hate the idea of God and stand their entire life on this stage.

They ridicule, deny and use their intellect and life experience to proclaim their truth. I understand that.

Eschatology, the study of end times is a deep and complex subject, I do not consider myself an expert even though I am read some on the subject. The more I learn of all things, my understanding and knowledge is shown to be less.

To start, the bible teaches and Christians believe that one day Jesus Christ will return, to the same spot where he left, Jerusalem. There will be universal awareness and instant recognition. But when will this momentous event happen?

I don?t know, only God Himself knows.

The bible gives no dates but does describe proceeding events that must take place before his arrival.

Jesus himself laid out these signs to his disciples:

Sign1: (Matt 24: 4-8).

Described as increasing disasters in the world, wars, earthquakes, famine. Others are mentioned in Revelation, polluted rivers and oceans, bloodshed, disease, death.

Sign2: (Matt 24: 9-14). A great falling away in the church.  

Sign3: (Matt: 24: 15-28).

The rise of a satanic indwelt world dictator, anti-Christ personality. Described as the ?Beast? he will be accompanied by his religious a co-conspirator, the ?false prophet?.

Together they set up a totalitarian regime, where only those who bow to him will be allowed to do business. Christians are destined to live through this tribulation.

Sign4: Darkness in the Sky. (Matt 24: 29-31).

The final sign will be unmistakable, natural light will be extinguished leaving the sky black. Sun, moon and stars will be shaken out of their orbit. God uses astrological events as signs and warnings. Then the end will come.

Observing the signs present in the world today, I believe that we are accelerating quickly (at its door perhaps) towards the 7 years of tribulation described in scripture. The stage is being set for the arrival of this anti-Christ personality. The world will love him.

Thank you for your detailed reply, especially since you and I have diametrically opposite views on secularism and the human condition.  Your post took a lot of work.

Within the context of the thread, terrible things happening in America, I'm especially intrigued by a couple of your quotes.

You talk about the rise of the "Beast" and his religious co-conspirator.  Could that be Trump and Spence?

In your last paragraph, you reference 7 years of tribulation, setting the stage for the arrival of the anti-Christ.  Seven years from now, America will be in full swing for the 2024 presidential elections, and Mike Spence will likely be a candidate.  Do you think that the Republican (aka evangelican Christian) coup of American democracy is consistent with biblical prophecy? 

I apologise if these questions seem inane ... I'm just trying to gain a different perspective.

John Findlay

I got my 5th set tie break. Keep up the good work chaps. Yes I have purchased a larger spoon:-0)

Thank you for your detailed reply, especially since you and I have diametrically opposite views on secularism and the human condition.  Your post took a lot of work.

Within the context of the thread, terrible things happening in America, I'm especially intrigued by a couple of your quotes.

You talk about the rise of the "Beast" and his religious co-conspirator.  Could that be Trump and Spence?

In your last paragraph, you reference 7 years of tribulation, setting the stage for the arrival of the anti-Christ.  Seven years from now, America will be in full swing for the 2024 presidential elections, and Mike Spence will likely be a candidate.  Do you think that the Republican (aka evangelican Christian) coup of American democracy is consistent with biblical prophecy? 

I apologise if these questions seem inane ... I'm just trying to gain a different perspective.

Is Donald Trump the ?Antichrist?? Good question, but I doubt that he is.

As a Christian I am very serious about reading the signs of the times, as outlined in the NT. And to make sense of what?s happening on the world stage in the light of Biblical Revelation.

However there is not enough biblical information to know the identity of the AC before he appears on the scene. When he does appear he will facilitate and implement works which will reveal his identity to those who are watching.

Such as, form a dictatorial partnership global reign with a one world religious leader (false prophet). Blaspheme against God and demand worship of himself. He will also attempt to destroy Christians and Jews.

Throughout history there has been much speculation as to the identity of the Antichrist. Many have stood out on the pages of history as having the spirit of ?antichrist?, but the main event still awaits us WRT to the Bible.

The Antichrist will set stage after unprecedented catastrophe and harm comes upon the earth. People will have suffered and endured greatly and will be desperate for peace and stability.

It?s at this time that he will be revealed, promising peace and prosperity to a shattered world. He will be supernaturally inspired/indwelt by Satan himself.

He will perform counterfeit miracles and supernatural wonders and for a short time he will bring peace and hope to the worldly. He will demand that all bow down and worship him.

This will happen before Christs return.

The cards are being shuffled now. Instability and political polarisation across Europe and America, wars and rumours of war abound.

The Old Testament prophet Isaiah describes the destruction of Damascus, where it becomes a ruinous heap, never to be inhabited again. This has yet to be fulfilled. It could happen tomorrow. The destruction of that city could very easily be the catalyst to start WW3 for real.

Step forward the ?Antichrist?.

No longer just statues ESPN sports channel has removed a commentator from a game because the Chinese appearing gentleman is named Robert Lee and the company are afraid that may cause problems.  I never realised lunacy was infectious.

?We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It?s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.?

Guess what his last name is. 

https://twitter.com/robertleepxp?lang=en

Most of the world are not seeing this shit but the Americans are.

The American MSM have always had an agenda but now they have lost all sense of how the are coming across. 

maroonlegions

Is Donald Trump the ?Antichrist?? Good question, but I doubt that he is.

As a Christian I am very serious about reading the signs of the times, as outlined in the NT. And to make sense of what?s happening on the world stage in the light of Biblical Revelation.

However there is not enough biblical information to know the identity of the AC before he appears on the scene. When he does appear he will facilitate and implement works which will reveal his identity to those who are watching.

Such as, form a dictatorial partnership global reign with a one world religious leader (false prophet). Blaspheme against God and demand worship of himself. He will also attempt to destroy Christians and Jews.

Throughout history there has been much speculation as to the identity of the Antichrist. Many have stood out on the pages of history as having the spirit of ?antichrist?, but the main event still awaits us WRT to the Bible.

The Antichrist will set stage after unprecedented catastrophe and harm comes upon the earth. People will have suffered and endured greatly and will be desperate for peace and stability.

It?s at this time that he will be revealed, promising peace and prosperity to a shattered world. He will be supernaturally inspired/indwelt by Satan himself.

He will perform counterfeit miracles and supernatural wonders and for a short time he will bring peace and hope to the worldly. He will demand that all bow down and worship him.

This will happen before Christs return.

The cards are being shuffled now. Instability and political polarisation across Europe and America, wars and rumours of war abound.

The Old Testament prophet Isaiah describes the destruction of Damascus, where it becomes a ruinous heap, never to be inhabited again. This has yet to be fulfilled. It could happen tomorrow. The destruction of that city could very easily be the catalyst to start WW3 for real.

Step forward the ?Antichrist?.

Occult teachings reveal that there is no such thing as an "anti christ" or "satan" or indeed any form that can  take physical shape in this physical dimension as science currently understands it.

There is however a force, which is neither good nor evil in the sense of the christian concepts of godd and evil, this force is "grey".

A necessity to balance the two opposites.  

What occult teachings do say is that the concept of "evil" or that which is "negative" has many layers of "negativity", some more or less negative due to  the various different situations attributed to them.

There are what is termed, "necessary" evils, (negativity), and they differ in scope and meaning.

Take the destruction of something,(metaphor), that has either spent its usefulness or has turned dangerous, that can be seen a  "necessary" evil, (negativity) and its destruction,(necessary evil) ,is needed.

The concept and perception of the term or meaning of "evil" when seen in this light is now not a straight concept of the black and white perception  of the christian evil.

The necessity of evil, (negativity), is abundant in nature and the human condition, when evil, that is, the occult teaching of it, locks itself up in the end, it by its natural actions cancels itself out by the actions of its opposite namely  positivity ,(good).

Evil ,(negativity), checks itself, it eats itself, like the ancient picture of the snake devouring itself too, there is a natural locking up of is force. 

Pagan deities and Greek deities like "Pan", horned god, were taken by Christianity to form the horned devil "satan", "Lucifer" ,(morning star, Venus), bringer of light??   

I certainly didn't intend to take this thread off-topic.  I very much doubt if religion is a major factor in the current turmoil in the USA, but I don't think it can be ignored either.

Based on the handful of interviews I've seen with these American white supremacists and Nazis, their Christian belief is a major part of their lives, and they see no conflict between their actions and their beliefs.

I wanted to get alfajambo's perspective on this, which I now have.

maroonlegions

Police should refuse to police it and que sera sera.

Refuse to police it. ??

Were  there are racists and fascists openly displaying racist hatred  then there will be that challenge that hatred.  

maroonlegions

I certainly didn't intend to take this thread off-topic.  I very much doubt if religion is a major factor in the current turmoil in the USA, but I don't think it can be ignored either.

Based on the handful of interviews I've seen with these American white supremacists and Nazis, their Christian belief is a major part of their lives, and they see no conflict between their actions and their beliefs.

I wanted to get alfajambo's perspective on this, which I now have.

Of course you do ML.

LIke me there are always deeper significant and overlooked reasons that contribute  to such hatred in people and in this case religion is a prime factor too.

These white supremacist christians would do well to practise what they hold so dear, that is to respect all irrespective of their race, colour or creed. 

Occult teachings reveal that there is no such thing as an "anti christ" or "satan" or indeed any form that can  take physical shape in this physical dimension as science currently understands it.

There is however a force, which is neither good nor evil in the sense of the christian concepts of godd and evil, this force is "grey".

A necessity to balance the two opposites.  

What occult teachings do say is that the concept of "evil" or that which is "negative" has many layers of "negativity", some more or less negative due to  the various different situations attributed to them.

There are what is termed, "necessary" evils, (negativity), and they differ in scope and meaning.

Take the destruction of something,(metaphor), that has either spent its usefulness or has turned dangerous, that can be seen a  "necessary" evil, (negativity) and its destruction,(necessary evil) ,is needed.

The concept and perception of the term or meaning of "evil" when seen in this light is now not a straight concept of the black and white perception  of the christian evil.

The necessity of evil, (negativity), is abundant in nature and the human condition, when evil, that is, the occult teaching of it, locks itself up in the end, it by its natural actions cancels itself out by the actions of its opposite namely  positivity ,(good).

Evil ,(negativity), checks itself, it eats itself, like the ancient picture of the snake devouring itself too, there is a natural locking up of is force. 

Pagan deities and Greek deities like "Pan", horned god, were taken by Christianity to form the horned devil "satan", "Lucifer" ,(morning star, Venus), bringer of light??   

We hold different belief systems, but I appreciate and thank you for taking the time to write your post

I know that you probably have more important tasks to complete before the sun sets.

?(Champions league - Liverpool v The Germans. 19:45 KO)

However I would be interested to listen to your thoughts on the human condition mentioned.

Autumn is getting closer, dark here now at half eight.

maroonlegions

Here is a few pictures that i took of a book  from my occult library collection that i have study since i bought in it years ago.

Of course DesideJambo will claim  that these pictures are faked and photoshopped but will of course provide  no evidence to support such a claim.

This is the book original in its printing that has formed the primary thesis  of my post on this thread regarding the differentiations of christian and occult teachings of "evil.

Since a poster implied and said "there he goes googling again" in response to one of my posts i felt it justifiable to prove that  this particular poster is wrong and so ignorant .

Aleister Crowley's book ; Occult; Magick; Theory and Practise.

This is the book i have studied and formed that  basis of my reply to Alfa on his christian perceptions of evil and the coming  of the christian antichrist. post

21074037_102833820451871_1591842929_n.jp

Back cover of the book.

21039828_102833733785213_1766048930_n.jp

:beatnik2:

Aye i am googling again.

The point that ML made about religion being a factor in the white supremacist movement  is a very valid and important one, the KKK are riddled with it.

I know that you probably have more important tasks to complete before the sun sets.

?(Champions league - Liverpool v The Germans. 19:45 KO)

However I would be interested to listen to your thoughts on the human condition mentioned.

Autumn is getting closer, dark here now at half eight.

Answering that in detail would certainly take the thread 'way off topic, so I'll keep it very brief.

70,000 years ago, homo sapiens was an insignificant animal in a corner of Africa.  We were no more important than a gorilla or an antelope.  Since then, we have evolved into the most murderous species that ever emerged from the animal kingdom.  We have caused more misery to our fellow humans than can ever be described.  And we have caused incalculable misery to the other animals that share this planet with us.

As a species, we've achieved nothing to be proud of, despite us having superior intelligence and superior reasoning skills compared to other species.  On the contrary, we've done lots to be ashamed of.  And it all boils down to the belief that our species is somehow special, that we can do whatever we want to the other residents of the earth.  We are not made in the image of some deity, and have not been granted dominion over everything.  

We need to realise that we are no more important than other living creatures, and learn to stop destroying almost everything we touch.  Until that happens, we're not as smart as we think we are.

That's the short version . That's it from me on that topic in this thread.  I'm now going back to what's happening in America. :thumbsup:

deesidejambo

Here is a few pictures that i took of a book  from my occult library collection that i have study since i bought in it years ago.

Of course DesideJambo will claim  that these pictures are faked and photoshopped but will of course provide  no evidence to support such a claim.

This is the book original in its printing that has formed the primary thesis  of my post on this thread regarding the differentiations of christian and occult teachings of "evil.

Since a poster implied and said "there he goes googling again" in response to one of my posts i felt it justifiable to prove that  this particular poster is wrong and so ignorant .

Aleister Crowley's book ; Occult; Magick; Theory and Practise.

This is the book i have studied and formed that  basis of my reply to Alfa on his christian perceptions of evil and the coming  of the christian antichrist. post

21074037_102833820451871_1591842929_n.jp

Back cover of the book.

21039828_102833733785213_1766048930_n.jp

:beatnik2:

Aye i am googling again.

The point that ML made about religion being a factor in the white supremacist movement  is a very valid and important one, the KKK are riddled with it.

I wont claim such a thing so you can retract that comment.  Mod please note.     But I do assert that you believe only what you want to believe and lack the analytical capability to judge what is nonsense.   Do you still assert that crop circles are made by aliens in flying saucers?  Yes?  No?

Answering that in detail would certainly take the thread 'way off topic, so I'll keep it very brief.

70,000 years ago, homo sapiens was an insignificant animal in a corner of Africa.  We were no more important than a gorilla or an antelope.  Since then, we have evolved into the most murderous species that ever emerged from the animal kingdom.  We have caused more misery to our fellow humans than can ever be described.  And we have caused incalculable misery to the other animals that share this planet with us.

As a species, we've achieved nothing to be proud of, despite us having superior intelligence and superior reasoning skills compared to other species.  On the contrary, we've done lots to be ashamed of.  And it all boils down to the belief that our species is somehow special, that we can do whatever we want to the other residents of the earth.  We are not made in the image of some deity, and have not been granted dominion over everything.  

We need to realise that we are no more important than other living creatures, and learn to stop destroying almost everything we touch.  Until that happens, we're not as smart as we think we are.

That's the short version . That's it from me on that topic in this thread.  I'm now going back to what's happening in America. :thumbsup:

Thanks.

America is a big country.

Doctor FinnBarr

Back to the Civil war for this question, I seem to remember reading/or watching a docu that stated that at the end of the war the Irish in New York rioted because the newly freed slaves who flocked to the North drove the wages down. Is it true or have I had some sort of weird dream at some point?

Back to the Civil war for this question, I seem to remember reading/or watching a docu that stated that at the end of the war the Irish in New York rioted because the newly freed slaves who flocked to the North drove the wages down. Is it true or have I had some sort of weird dream at some point?

Not quite, but you're on the right track.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_draft_riots

luckyBatistuta

The Colored Orphan Asylum at 43rd Street and Fifth Avenue, a "symbol of white charity to blacks and of black upward mobility"[9] that then provided shelter for 233 children, was attacked by a mob at around 4 p.m. A mob of several thousand, including many women and children, looted the building of its food and supplies. However, the police were able to secure the orphanage for enough time to allow the orphans to escape before the building burned down.

I understand they must have been hard times, but looting and burning down an orphanage :sad:

Doctor FinnBarr

The Colored Orphan Asylum at 43rd Street and Fifth Avenue, a "symbol of white charity to blacks and of black upward mobility"[9] that then provided shelter for 233 children, was attacked by a mob at around 4 p.m. A mob of several thousand, including many women and children, looted the building of its food and supplies. However, the police were able to secure the orphanage for enough time to allow the orphans to escape before the building burned down.

I understand they must have been hard times, but looting and burning down an orphanage :(

Thanks guys

CNN........Unmasking the leftist antifa movement : Activists seek peace through violence.

Reuters........ Trump supporters face off with peace activists during protest.

Peace activists seeking peace through violence. Really. They think they are fooling the American people with this shit. They are not. The people have eyes

All they are doing is outing themselves for what they are.

I just read Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari...you summarised it very well.

The United Nations has issued a "early warning" to the USA about the rise of overt racism in the public sphere.

This warning is usually only issued when there is the very real danger of ethnic or religious conflict.

Until now, the only other nations issued with this warning have been Burundi, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Kyrgystan and Nigeria.

doctor jambo

The United Nations has issued a "early warning" to the USA about the rise of overt racism in the public sphere.

This warning is usually only issued when there is the very real danger of ethnic or religious conflict.

Until now, the only other nations issued with this warning have been Burundi, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Kyrgystan and Nigeria.

I wouldn't pay any attention to the UN, no-one else does!

An impotent body of self flagellators who stand by as people are butchered until the "big boys" step in, then criticise the decisive active countries.

I would guess the risk of ethnic conflict in the US is 0%, and the main world players will continue to ignore the UN

maroonlegions

Good another feckwit neo nazi off the streets. 

Wonder if he is another one of those good old red blooded American christians, who is after all,  just mouthing off some harmless free speech according to some fascist apologists and fascist spin doctors that is. :facepalm:

HUFFINGTONPOST.CO.UK 

"The white supremacist who filmed himself crying hysterically in fear of his life after he featured in a documentary saying the killing of 32-year-old Heather Heyer was ?more than justified?, :thumbsdown:  has turned himself in".

deesidejambo

I see the Mayor of New York City is considering taking down the statue of Christopher Columbus as he was horrid to some indigenous folk 400 years ago.  And no it's not a joke.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/25/new-york-mayor-bill-de-blasio-considers-removing-christopher/

If the Democrats keep on pushing for stuff like this the US will be rewarded with Republican Govt for a long time.  This is playing straight into the hands of, you guessed it   -   Trump.

Next stop - pull down the Statue of Liberty and Re-name Washington DC.

doctor jambo

I'd love to see someone persuade the Italians to take down the statues of J.C et al

Yes they were barbarous, yes they killed millions

but then so did all really great rulers who forged empires

Hannibal, Alexander, and blah and so forth .

The modern world was forged in such ways- war, slaughter, conquest and empire

Having NOT lived through it I struggle to be offended by it- despite my Basque ancestry

Nor am I upset at English conquest of a Scotland I never knew- though some still are

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

It is easy from a position of privilege to laugh at some of these suggestions but I can see how some people in the US are uncomfortable with celebrations of Columbus. He didn't actually do very much other than sail to a place where people already lived and killed a bunch of them. I can see both sides though - the ridiculousness of figuring out where the line needs to be drawn here but also the positive message these discussions sends about ending white power and privilege relative to other groups.

It is easy from a position of privilege to laugh at some of these suggestions but I can see how some people in the US are uncomfortable with celebrations of Columbus. He didn't actually do very much other than sail to a place where people already lived and killed a bunch of them. I can see both sides though - the ridiculousness of figuring out where the line needs to be drawn here but also the positive message these discussions sends about ending white power and privilege relative to other groups.

Those feeling uncomfortable about celebrating Columbus don't need to. All they need to do is show some tolerance to those who do want to.

A line certainly needs to be drawn in all of this.

When do we agree that a statue needs to come down?

I'd say: When violent hate groups start using it as a rallying symbol.

doctor jambo

Its the curse of a "more advanced race"- technically as opposed to evolutionary

This applies to many empires through the ages

be that Roman, Greek, British, Spanish or whatever

And the Persians did it too, and the Moors- so its not a "white" thing.

The problem arises that after "empire" (though the US and Australia are different in that the colonialism did not end there- they BECAME white colonies in perpetuity) then the native populace once they gain independence implodes and returns partly to whence it came.

They lose "civilisation" if you call western ways that,and generally appear a damn site worse off

It is a tribute to Mandela that SA did not do this ( though there are possibilities that they may still do a Zimbabwe)

doctor jambo

A line certainly needs to be drawn in all of this.

When do we agree that a statue needs to come down?

I'd say: When violent hate groups start using it as a rallying symbol.

Unless the statue has done a "jimmy saville" then it should be allowed to stand

Where did the Fulham Jackson go?

According to a trusted internet source, Hurricane Harvey is a commie-created conspiracy cloud with the intention of leveling every single monument that has ever caused offense to anyone.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Good to see they were up to speed with the Balkans in the 1990s

JecZI5js_normal.jpg Jim Acosta

? @Acosta

Not a good time to take shots at "fake news." Millions will be relying on national and local news outlets to stay safe during hurricane.

Really? What an insult to intelligence to think people can't chose the difference between political lies and weather updates.

JecZI5js_normal.jpg Jim Acosta

? @Acosta

Not a good time to take shots at "fake news." Millions will be relying on national and local news outlets to stay safe during hurricane.

Like you guys are the only news? Should have done the job of true reporting. Honesty not lies. You are not worth it.

Jim Acosta

? @Acosta

Putting out fake news too many times means folks won't trust you on such matters. #wolfcrying

Patriotism to the globalists, deep state, swamp monsters around the world is like kryptonite to superman.

They will back, in what ever way works, anyone they can get to try and subdue and if possible eradicate patriotism no matter what and who they are.

The communists and anarchists as well as a fair smattering of MSM junkies and paid agitators are a big part of antifa in America and that can't be hidden from the American people.

It's in the American peoples faces all over the place and when the MSM call them freedom fighters and the like, they out themselves to the American people for the lying manipulating propagandists they are.

Put that together with a whole host of other blatant bull coming out of the MSM and it is no wonder that the American people now see them as having gone beyond the pale.

The American people are seeing the MSM in the same way the British people saw lord haw-haw.                

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoG9zBvvLQ

The erosion or politicisatiom of institutions should worry us all if you accept that Cultural Marxists endgame is ultimately that with which they're obsessed - power.

One of the very few bright lights on a very gloomy Canadian horizon.

Here is a small part of his thinking when he confronted the Canadian senate concerning the utter madness that is bill C-16. 

They don't like him.

Archived