Board Meeting

Paulie Walnut

And he was having a right go at fans on the subscriptions thread. What a riddy.

You know you can subscribe to FOH without being a season ticket holder?

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

I reckon he's getting told he's away first thing tomorrow. It will be in the press just before lunch.

It will be all over twitter by 0900 if its happening.

I hope it happens.

gowestjambo

I saw the match but when condensed to clear cut chances Dunfermline were lucky

Put it another way had we played really nice football at times as they did but had only two clear cut chances to them having the 5 or 6 we did everyone would be moaning to **** about that.

That's the only point.

Not a pro Cathro point, just an attempt at a pragmatic observation

Whatever shred of credibility you had given your massive input on this board, you have lost with the absolute drivel you have posted above.

Talk about giving someone enough rope to hang themselves - Man you have proven that point in spades.

Governor Tarkin

Does Mr T not go to any games?? Always has plenty to say mind.

And most of it shite.

Marooned Abroad

I have backed Cathro since he joined us and on the basis of his signing of Berra and Lafferty felt genuinely excited about our prospects for this season. lenders although living abroad I bought 2 season tickets in the new Stand as an additional investment in the Club over and above my FOH subscription.

However........after the last two games I feel totally disillusioned. For all his worthy ideas on how the game SHOULD be played, he just hasn't clicked to the fact that in the way the game is played in Scotland, the absolute priority is to be able to win second balls in midfield. That means having a bully boy like Scott Brown in there doing the dirty work. If he can't see that he should not be in the job, so time for him to go before any more damage is done. And if Levein can't see that he should go too......RIGHT NOW.

Well, is today D-Day for Cathro? Bloody better be!

Regards O'Neill, would be a great boost if he was to come in (which I highly doubt unfortunately) but I wonder if he could come in and still remain as NI manager until after the WC?

maltese jambo

I have backed Cathro since he joined us and on the basis of his signing of Berra and Lafferty felt genuinely excited about our prospects for this season. lenders although living abroad I bought 2 season tickets in the new Stand as an additional investment in the Club over and above my FOH subscription.

However........after the last two games I feel totally disillusioned. For all his worthy ideas on how the game SHOULD be played, he just hasn't clicked to the fact that in the way the game is played in Scotland, the absolute priority is to be able to win second balls in midfield. That means having a bully boy like Scott Brown in there doing the dirty work. If he can't see that he should not be in the job, so time for him to go before any more damage is done. And if Levein can't see that he should go too......RIGHT NOW.

Honestly not having a go mate but what are his actual views on how the game should be played? I cant figure what hearts are trying to achieve during games for well over a year now and whenever I try and listen to cathro speak I get nauseous.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

maltese jambo

Well, is today D-Day for Cathro? Bloody better be!

Regards O'Neill, would be a great boost if he was to come in (which I highly doubt unfortunately) but I wonder if he could come in and still remain as NI manager until after the WC?

Hope it is goodbye for cathro. I can't wait to feel the relief when he's gone. Hope that feeling is doubled by also receiving the news that levein has gone too. I used to have a lot of respect for levein but no longer.

Once he's gone I'll be happy because literally anyone in charge of the first team will Be an improvement...and with so many options for decent managers out there the only way is up

He will get the vote of confidence then 7 or 8 games into the season when we are adrift at the bottom he will get his books.Its the way clubs always seem to act unfortunately

Mars plastic

You know you can subscribe to FOH without being a season ticket holder?

You can be a hibs fan and subscribe if you wish.

My point was that you're one of the emptiest vessels on here and you don't even go to any games. If that was me I'd be a bit more respectful to folk that do.

Rudolf's Mate

I think the biggest shock is that Jammy T thinks we played pretty decent on Sat and Dunfermline were lucky :wtf:

They looked dangerous every time they attacked ffs !

Walter Bishop

Sadly I don't think we will get the announcement today we are all hoping for, however if we do, I am sure if there is a statement from the club and Cathro does leave I'll bet there is mention (negativetley) about the support.

A_A wehatethehibs

Sadly I don't think we will get the announcement today we are all hoping for, however if we do, I am sure if there is a statement from the club and Cathro does leave I'll bet there is mention (negativetley) about the support.

Pish

If there is a statement it will be a 1 line press release as follows:

"Hearts have parted company with head coach Ian Cathro by mutual consent, with immediate effect"

Minimal fanfare.

9am please. It has to happen today, if they come out and say "The board has met and backs Ian Cathro 100%" they must know that it's the kiss of death. When a board has to meet to even discuss a manager, he is toast.

GorgieRules22

If he's not parted company with us today we should bombard the club with e-mails asking why.

The guys been nothing but a joke since becoming manager.

Has to happen today.

My point was that you're one of the emptiest vessels on here and you don't even go to any games. If that was me I'd be a bit more respectful to folk that do.

Reading your post brought an interesting question to me Mars. If you don't go to games but were to say donate around 5k per year to FOH, who deserves more respect? There must be Hearts fans scattered all over the globe, that simply cannot go to games, but donate massively. Do they deserve less respect than say your average punter who pays ?400 a season for a ticket and makes a donation of ?10 per month to FOH? Seems to me everyone who passes a penny over to the club, especially after what the club and fans have gone through deserves equal respect. Add to that if they were Hearts TV International subscribers at around ?9 a month, that actually comes out at ?396 a season, so roughly the same as a season ticket. What exactly would the difference be?

Jam Tarts 1874

If he's not parted company with us today we should bombard the club with e-mails asking why.

The guys been nothing but a joke since becoming manager.

Has to happen today.

Indeed, I can't believe that he may be taking training today.

A cull would cost a lot of money which we probably don't have.  If we did manage to fork it out, it would surely mean less money for players - unless we sold Walker and maybe Djoum.

In short, possibly not the best idea.

Not sure we'd get offers in for either, when they appear to want to play only 1 in 5 for Walker and about 1 in 10 for Djoum.

If really lucky, we might get offered a pint of juice for both.

Walker does have the added doubts with his injured knee.

Everything seems to be pointing to giving him a little more time.

Weak leadership from Budge and Levein. More time achieves nothing.

Rudolf's Mate

If that did happen then it would suggest they'd bowed to fan pressure and that they weren't happy in doing so. I'd find that hard to believe, that they were happy with results!

Saying that, if no statement is forthcoming I think that would be worse.

allystrachan

Surely this has to happen today. We might not hear about it till tomorrow though. I'm sure someone said the players are off until Tuesday & you would think they would let cathro tell them first. I'm hoping to hear by 5pm tomorrow. If we haven't heard by then I will be disappointed.

michael_bolton

How does going to games entitle you to respect?

I've not attended a game since November 2015, yet I shell in around ?300 a year all in and often stay up late / wake up early to watch or listen to games.

There are many reasons why people may not attend games. Financial, geographical, work commitments, family commitments, health etc.

Having the cash, location and free time to go to a game doesn't make your opinion special.

maltese jambo

Surely this has to happen today. We might not hear about it till tomorrow though. I'm sure someone said the players are off until Tuesday & you would think they would let cathro tell them first. I'm hoping to hear by 5pm tomorrow. If we haven't heard by then I will be disappointed.

How on earth have they got today off? After that shocking cup campeign they should have been hauled in both yestetday and today at the crack of dawn

sick.of.romanov

He's not going to be sacked, and he won't resign. There's been to much investment in the players he wanted for the new season and bringing a new manager in now with players he can't change won't happen

Rudolf's Mate

He's not going to be sacked, and he won't resign. There's been to much investment in the players he wanted for the new season and bringing a new manager in now with players he can't change won't happen

That's ludicrous! Nobody would ever get sacked if that was the case.

And if we're struggling to come to an agreement to pay him off then put him on gardening leave and in sure he'll want away.

Passing on what I've been told. I must stress I'm not itk. So was told that cathro has been asked to leave along with mcphee. Both rejected and asked to be sacked and asked for remainder of contract to be paid. Obviously we cant afford that right now. Cathro was there untill around 5 with his reps still there at 7pm. Things got heated between cathro and levein. Apparently another meeting today. The supporter I got this from is a st holder and a hearts man through and through so I know he wouldn't make it up. Whether his source is goo is a different matter. Anyway we will find out soon.

A_A wehatethehibs

None of the big signings have been Cathro.

Berra was signed by levein

Lafferty and smith were signed by mcphee.

Cathro didn't identify them the main player he has identified has been Malaury Martin, says it all about his eye for a player.

That leaves Smith-brown and Grezelak who in terms of significance are not even in the same stratosphere as the other 3 proven international players from Hearts point of view.

A new manager coming in has a full month of transfer window now to add players. 2-3 more signings in the pipeline anyways.

Fans who attend deserve no more praise than those who subscribe to FOH or do all they can to tune in from afar at ridiculous hours and pay into the club where they can.

You have this thing about how important your attendance is to away games but am i right in saying you stopped being a FOH subscriber for awhile ? Does that make you less of a supporter ?

If a new manager comes in today he'll have still have the transfer window to add a couple of his own players. 

Waiting would be worse! 

I could get more out of these players.  The point that the board have to realise is that Cathro is the problem.

Passing on what I've been told. I must stress I'm not itk. So was told that cathro has been asked to leave along with mcphee. Both rejected and asked to be sacked and asked for remainder of contract to be paid. Obviously we cant afford that right now. Cathro was there untill around 5 with his reps still there at 7pm. Things got heated between cathro and levein. Apparently another meeting today. The supporter I got this from is a st holder and a hearts man through and through so I know he wouldn't make it up. Whether his source is goo is a different matter. Anyway we will find out soon.

Bollox. Your mate is a season ticket holder and Hearts man through and through? ... arent you??!! Aren't we all??? Brutal chat.

Five to One

If true, then surely no way back for either parties. 

Clerry Jambo

I think he will get a few more weeks to turn it round, but when we are rooted at the foot of the table he will be sacked

Rudolf's Mate

I'd rather AM stayed in place.

Italian Lambretta

I doubt there will be a new manager until after the game against the rebels.

If at all

If a new manager comes in today he'll have still have the transfer window to add a couple of his own players. 

Waiting would be worse! 

The Treasurer

I think he will get a few more weeks to turn it round, but when we are rooted at the foot of the table he will be sacked

If he's allowed to continue after failing to get out of a group where the top rated team finished mid table in the championship, you have to wonder at what stage the board say enough is enough, especially on top of his dismal record last season

Jambo 4 Ever

Cheers for posting

I'd rather we kept MacPhee though especially with all our n Irish players - they might not Be happy if he left

Sexton Hardcastle

Pretty convinced he will stay. Get the opening 3/4 games and then get cut.

Major issue has to be who they bring in. Levein won't go down too well and they must know this. They also realise it will be highly difficult to convince any other sides to part with a manager just days before the season starts. Unless of course we have the fund for compo which I'm sure we don't.

AlphonseCapone

Cathro didn't identify them the main player he has identified has been Malaury Martin, says it all about his eye for a player.

That leaves Smith-brown and Grezelak who in terms of significance are not even in the same stratosphere as the other 3 proven international players from Hearts point of view.

A new manager coming in has a full month of transfer window now to add players. 2-3 more signings in the pipeline anyways.

Tbf to Martin he has looked alright this season and he improved us when he came on Saturday (I know it wasn't a high bar). His set pieces made a difference.

Not meant as any sort of defence for Cathro but Martin may actually be useful for us.

Heartsmad1874

Cheers for posting

I'd rather we kept MacPhee though especially with all our n Irish players - they might not Be happy if he left

They signed for Hearts football club not Austin MacPhee.

hope not.

A new manager won't come in, sprinkle magic dust and we'll be ok.

He probably wouldn't avoid the same outcome as Cathro(here's hoping he would though) but I'd rather he was installed this week and got down to work sorting things out.

This all sounds like made up, conspiracy theory, wacko nonsense.

The club have consistently said that the head coach is in charge of signing players. Maybe Lafferty and Smith were suggested and sounded out by McPhee but the decision to sign them clearly wasn't made by him. 

Levein just sorts out the contracts and deals with agents. He doesn't choose what players we sign.

Every time we go through a bad phase, people trot out the Vlad-style conspiracies that Levein is behind our signings and Cathro is a puppet. Regular as clockwork.

Heartsmad1874

If they get a new guy in 4 games into the season the transfer window will be closed and any new manager would have to work with whats there and yet again the club could face big upheaval in January best to do this now.

Jambo 4 Ever

They signed for Hearts football club not Austin MacPhee.

Yeh but they still won't like it

And what if Lafferty takes a huff and has negative impact on rest of squad?

Glamorous Glue

I wouldn't be surprised if we wait until after the window to empty Cathro. It would mean the board wouldn't have to make any money available to a new manager until January at the earliest. It also gives everyone a convenient excuse for not judging the new manager because he's working with Cathro's team. Write off another season and then repeat.

Archived