The NEW Cathro poll

kingantti1874

The NEW Cathro poll   

1,479 members have voted

1. 1. Should ian Cathro stay on as manager

This poll is closed to new votes

Ffs if its upsetting you that much complain directly to the mods.

Stop squealing about it on here ya bellchief .

1. I resent your tone

2. What makes you think I haven't ?

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Jambof3tornado

• Bazzas right boot

• David McCaig

Hungry hippo

McDonald

MGowan

Elliot

Black

Zaliukas

Barr

Skacel

Driver

Santana

Webster

Grainger

Subs

Robinson

Beattie

Taouil

I know my stuff mate so tell me where the gifs are and stop calling me a hobo as I do in fact have a house.

Whether you're a Hearts fan or not you deserve a ban for listing the team in that random order.

1. I don't care

2. I don't care

Me neither, ( although you apparently care enough to have visited my KB profile )

Edit .... now deservedly on my ignore list

Edited by Busby8

Me neither, ( although you apparently care enough to have visited my KB profile )

Believe me, it wasn't intentional matey. Big fingers, wee phone.

McDonald

MGowan

Elliot

Black

Zaliukas

Barr

Skacel

Driver

Santana

Webster

Grainger

Subs

Robinson

Beattie

Taouil

I know my stuff mate so tell me where the gifs are and stop calling me a hobo as I do in fact have a house.

"Santana"! No Hearts fan ever referred to that player by that name.

Squeaky Beans

69 hibs ****s on this board, sad individuals.

Either you're telling the truth or you're just being inappropriate. I'll go with the second option.

Edited by Squeaky Beans

https://media3.giphy.com/media/x1kS7NRIcIigU/giphy.gif is this enough persuasion or will I need to stick it elsewhere?

Wouldn't dream of opening any hyperlink posted by you my friend.

There have been a few on here suggesting you go (back) elsewhere.

I'd follow their advice if I were you.

Edit....... and my KB profile is apparently of great interest to you too ?

Edited by Busby8

Just a thought but are we speaking to potentially interested parties/agents so we can make an announcement re Cathro then quickly follow it up with an appointment.

If/when Cathro gets the chop the job has to be advertised because there's no way i'd trust anyone at Tynie to pick a name before we the fans have seen who is interested. I want a man manager who knows what is needed to get the best out of our team and compete against the top teams for trophies. And no more Learner Head Coach.

Hackney Hearts

Definitely. And if we're being picky, you shouldn't really leave a T off Elliott, given that he was known as "Two-Tees" to distinguish from Clum.

kingantti1874

Your right.. No posts. Pro Cathro.. Calls him Santana.. Confirmed hibs Fud..

Bye beans..

Jambof3tornado

Interlopers aside 94% voting go must resonate in the right places.

It will because banderson will no doubt use it in an exclusive tomorrow.

kingantti1874

It will because banderson will no doubt use it in an exclusive tomorrow.

Hopefully.. As much media coverage as possible required to strongarm this fool out of the club..

The board must know it will Not be tolerated

Edited by kingantti1874

You tried to make out that my post was knee-jerk because it was only a day ago. It's been going on for too long.

If you read it that way then I'm afraid you've misinterpreted. As I said, I believe that AB and CL probably shared

a similar opinion to many folk on here, myself included, that they were happy to see how he got on after a full pre-season and a team of his own signings. The league cup campaign has showed that he has not been able to change anything and target was the final nail in his coffin. Your original post was suggesting the board didn't care and were happy to stay quiet, all I was saying was that it had only been 24 hours since that "final nail" and that was probably a bit soon to be criticising the board's lack of action. If Cathro's sitting at the Celtic pre-match press conference then I'll join you in criticising the board's lack of action.

Carrick1874

I was happy to see how Cathro got on after the poor buys and poor performances last season and once he'd cleared the decks as it were and got his players who weren't panic buys and had a full preseason behind him but there is no improvement at all, I don't like his style of football because basically we don't have the players who are comfortable with it, get him tae **** oot the door but unfortunately Levein is untouchable.

If you read it that way then I'm afraid you've misinterpreted. As I said, I believe that AB and CL probably shared

a similar opinion to many folk on here, myself included, that they were happy to see how he got on after a full pre-season and a team of his own signings. The league cup campaign has showed that he has not been able to change anything and target was the final nail in his coffin. Your original post was suggesting the board didn't care and were happy to stay quiet, all I was saying was that it had only been 24 hours since that "final nail" and that was probably a bit soon to be criticising the board's lack of action. If Cathro's sitting at the Celtic pre-match press conference then I'll join you in criticising the board's lack of action.

Got you! :thumbsup:

Surely they will see sense and boot him. We will take a pummeling from Celtic regardless so at least get a new manager in so he can use the Celtic match as a game to get up to speed with who he wants to play where and who fits his puzzle. Because Cathro has had far too long to try and work his 'magic' which I reckon stretches as far as placing the cones out.

Keeps him in a job? Takes him out of the firing line? Gets him back to the role he is used to? Can't be much fun for him getting dogs abuse every game and he must surely realise he's not up to the job.

I'd think he'd be (quite rightly) loathe to accept thew step down and see his career stalled.  He's not working out here, I think that's a given. but I'd rather it was clean and quick.

Fraggle1990

Either you're telling the truth or you're just being inappropriate. I'll go with the second option.

Immediately rose to my statement and tried to slate me for it.

Go **** yourself you hibs ****

Jambof3tornado

The problem cathro has is he was highly regarded as a coach and his time at hearts will have damaged his stock(his fault for being a shite man manager). Where would he go next?

He's going to want paid off.

He wont walk away.

Before calling me an arsehole read the whole poll.. I started it and I've pointed out many time on it that many true jambos will have valid reasons for him to stay.. And I'm fine with that.. But equally we have caught a few. No doubt.. So dry your eyes. If you don't like my posts put me on ignore..

Also you called someone a Hobo directly only this morning :rofl: poor GED.

I retain the right to be a hypocritical barsteward. Got me though :D.

Rocky jamboa

I'd think he'd be (quite rightly) loathe to accept thew step down and see his career stalled. He's not working out here, I think that's a given. but I'd rather it was clean and quick.

He maybe won't I suppose. Seems totally bizarre that you totally fail at your job but get paid up for the rest of your contract!!

heartsfc_fan

I guess we don't know what's written into his contract in terms of compensation if sacked.

Could be a lot less than we think.

Jambof3tornado

He maybe won't I suppose. Seems totally bizarre that you totally fail at your job but get paid up for the rest of your contract!!

Thats football contracts for you. Lets hope he isn't in line for a big payoff.

He deserves nothing.

jamboshorty

I have worked in a few jobs where senior people need to go. They go Under compromise or settlement agreement. Wasn't sure it happens so much in football but sure jack Ross left under one. In corporate work individual leaving needs a lawyer and can be dragged out process, but it get very niggly between employer and employee and even seen the stumbling block being wording of leaving statement, which usually end leaving for personal reasons. Maybe lawyers on both side need Monday morning to cross the signature. Here hoping.

94% of nearly 1300 votes is bang on the money. Who are the 6% still backing him!? Have they been to game this year??

scott herbertson

94% of nearly 1300 votes is bang on the money. Who are the 6% still backing him!? Have they been to game this year??

Some of them have clearly been to a few at Easter Road. A few are undoubtedly Hearts fans who feel, rightly or wrongly that he should be given a few games with the new acquisitions settled in. I would think 98% or so would be accurate enough and is surely enough for Cathro's jotters to be issued.

Edited by scott herbertson

Has to go.

We needed signs of improvement - and generally speaking the signs we needed just are not there.

Going out of THAT group has somehow managed to make the European debacle last year look acceptable in comparison.

I've been kinda teetering either side of the line recently - I wanted him to do well and I wanted him to turn it around, but its clear that he's doing more harm than good.

Its in everyones best interests if he goes. We cant just throw away matches / competitions on a whim hoping that he 'might' come good eventually.

I am genuinely surprised that the Club haven't made any kind of statement -this is a huge own goal.

Cathro is finished. He should have been binned at the end of the last season, and whilst we all wanted him to prove the doubters wrong, he's merely confirmed their opinions.

We need a change of direction -& quickly.

Five to One

If he stays, then it has to be down to the Stand and our reluctance to meet a financial settlement for Cathro. 

This is even more concerning as it means off the field activity is taking precedent over results on the park. 

Up until Saturday I was still willing to give it time hoping that things would start to click.  That 90 minutes hit me like a brick.  No passion, no shape, no strategy no direction.  Cathro is static and the players are not playing for him.  Not good enough.  He HAS to go.

stranraer-jambo

I have been one of the "give him until October" brigade, and a supporter of the "do something different in order to move to the next level". Sadly this has not worked.

I will not call IC names and I wish him well in future employment. IC has done his best but his best has not been good enough for us. It is time for him to go honourably.

The Treasurer

Just in case anyone is swithering over their vote...lol.

In 8 months... LEAGUE - IC has us bottom of SPL form table. SCOTTISH CUP - IC has failed to win 4 matches (90 mins) v Championship opposition, culminating in complete capitulation at ER. LEAGUE CUP - 3rd in 5 man group of lower division opposition including defeat at L2 Peterhead.

When you read stats like that, there really is only one option that the club can take

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Off topic but is there any highlights from the Peterhead fixture?

How bad in comparison to Saturday was it?

Glamorous Glue

The most alarming thing is that people watched 6 months of Cathro and his crap tactics and setup and then suddenly expected this all to change over the last few weeks.

We will surely get an announcement today.

There is still time to sort this mess out.

Nobody expects us to win at CP anyway so a new man wouldn't be having pressure on him straight away.

My personal choice would be Peter Houston and keep Austin if he wants to stay.

Leave the rest of the structure untouched and CL to concentrate on matters from first team downwards.

Any decision on hiring and firing a manager should be a board decision and not down to one man .

There are decent players at the club and we don't need to over complicate things a la Cathro.

If PH can get Falkirk challenging season after season against much bigger clubs I think with the talent at his disposal at Tynecastle would be a successful outcome.

I believe it will have to be a manager (not a head coach) who doesn't cost any compensation. A manager who is accountable to the board not a Director of Football. A manager who has a Director of Football to run the non first team functions from scouting to under age teams. The managers guidelines

would be given to everyone in the footballing department as he would be the main man with total control of all footballing matters.

Edited by mitch41

Fultons Right Leg

Up until Saturday I was still willing to give it time hoping that things would start to click.  That 90 minutes hit me like a brick.  No passion, no shape, no strategy no direction.  Cathro is static and the players are not playing for him.  Not good enough.  He HAS to go.

Snap. That 90 minutes changed it for me.

Elias Henry Furst

We will surely get an announcement today.

There is still time to sort this mess out.

Nobody expects us to win at CP anyway so a new man wouldn't be having pressure on him straight away.

My personal choice would be Peter Houston and keep Austin if he wants to stay.

Leave the rest of the structure untouched and CL to concentrate on matters from first team downwards.

Any decision on hiring and firing a manager should be a board decision and not down to one man .

There are decent players at the club and we don't need to over complicate things a la Cathro.

If PH can get Falkirk challenging season after season against much bigger clubs I think with the talent at his disposal at Tynecastle would be a successful outcome.

No chance of an announcement imo.

Heads down, we go again.

They're delaying the inevitable but there will be nothing happening anytime soon, imo.

No chance of an announcement imo.

Heads down, we go again.

They're delaying the inevitable but there will be nothing happening anytime soon, imo.

I hope your wrong.