Walker dropped from squad?

graham

I'm only amazed that people are amazed that this is playing out like this. It's been a certainty for weeks that Walker and his agent would start ******* Hearts about forcing the move. Hearts should be doing absolutely everything to get rid of him as it's clear we are reliant on the transfer money to finalize our own moves. Sell him and watch his career go down the pan at Rangers whilst the fee helps us secure the likes of Cadden and hopefully facilitate the McGregor move. Walker is now useless to Hearts other than what we can get for him.

You are of course right .

Pragmatism is the way forward.

But those rats from ibrox do this so often and not just to us.

I say keep him unless we get 1 million.

Send a message out for the future as well.

And ban his rat rangers agent from Tynecastle.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

If we're letting him go now suggest to me we have signed someone else in place of him once the cash is available

Rudolf's Mate

7f6314f798747fd2e0e9ea01b1f14b04.jpg

Not out warming up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not in the squad bud.

He's not in the squad bud.

Wasn't sure if the Sun article was bull or not.

Dave McCreery's knee

I dont care if a player wants a move, is disillusioned with other players/results, doesn't get on with management, thinks he's worth more. Whatever. If you have a contract, you have to apply yourself in training and games 100% everytime. From where I sit, Walker hasnt done that and that reflects badly in him, not the club. Especially if true he was made offer to be highest paid player at club.

I support management on this and whatever they choose to do next.

Levein has Levein's best interests at heart! Always has, always will do. However I do feel sympathy for him and the club with regard Walker who has acted and played completely unprofessionally for months since having his head turned. The ONLY Hearts player to have started both Hibs replay fiascos, the Birkarkara European shambles and the Peterhead disgrace he'll be missed far less than some have suggested.

Nah Jack Hamilton played in all thise games.

alwaysthereinspirit

If his head isn't in the game for Hearts then sitting him is the correct thing to do. But if we have to lose him then we must hold out for the million quoted unless it's to an English team for slightly less. Newco cannot under any circumstances be allowed to sign him before August 31 for less than 1 million. Hearts need to stand their ground.

I can see most Hearts fans turning on Jamie now and quite rightly so .

This whoring himself to Sevco was bad enough but sandbagging while collecting a decent wages isn't on .

I expect a piece in every newspaper on Monday stating how he loves the club and has been treated unfairly.

His agent and prob himself have seen an opportunity to step this up in recent days and will try and play the victim card no doubt

Rudolf's Mate

Wasn't sure if the Sun article was bull or not.

Remains to be seen I guess however it's likely Cathro will get asked and answer the question prior to KO.

My input - I am amazed no Championship clubs are interested ( but tells a story regarding players in the SPL )

Example - the Breadman must have been impressed with JW in the games he managed against Hearts but even his football knowledge must say - no good enough at a higher level - i.e. Notts Forrest have cash to splash

jamboinglasgow

So the official line (according to Banderson) is that he is not impressing in games or training.) Suggests he has downed tools so think you will see a transfer request handed in this week.

alwaysthereinspirit

That Preston is a wee bit of a T!t me thinks.

Who at Hearts is he pi$$ed at?

alwaysthereinspirit

Anyone hear IC comments on Radio Scotland? Missed it

Pretty much said Walker is not 100% in it right now. Said he expects him to get over it and get back to where he needs to be to be of use to Hearts. All on Walker now to turn it around.

stirlingshirejambo

So the official line (according to Banderson) is that he is not impressing in games or training.) Suggests he has downed tools so think you will see a transfer request handed in this week.

Was reading an article as to why McKay was deemed to be surplus at Rangers

Apparently they took into account his attitude but more importantly his GPS stats from training and believed he wasn't making the effort required

Perhaps something similar to Jamie?

I dont care if a player wants a move, is disillusioned with other players/results, doesn't get on with management, thinks he's worth more. Whatever. If you have a contract, you have to apply yourself in training and games 100% everytime. From where I sit, Walker hasnt done that and that reflects badly in him, not the club. Especially if true he was made offer to be highest paid player at club.

I support management on this and whatever they choose to do next.

I agree with this, the last sentence in particular. Whatever JW has done, it's now clear that he's going to be of little use to us. I'm almost at the point of saying 'let the small-minded wee bugger go to Sevco if that's the limit of his ambition' but not quite. Selling Walker to them is one thing. Selling him for the risible repayment package they doubtless have in mind is another matter entirely. I'd accept ?750k if it were in the form of cold cash up front that we could use to improve the team, but Sevco will offer ?250k Max as a deposit, I suspect.

If the deal isn't right for the club then I would dig my heels in and say Walker can train with the U20s then. See if Sevco still want him when he hasn't played for a year. Yes, we take a financial hit, but we also make it clear to everyone that we won't be held to ransom.

Elias Henry Furst

He can sit in the stands for games, train with the Under-20's, and rot.

(If all he wants to do is act the tit, and moan about us not accepting Rangers' derisory bids.)

Correct Mr President.

The club have done all they can and if he continues to act the goat he rots.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pretty much said Walker is not 100% in it right now. Said he expects him to get over it and get back to where he needs to be to be of use to Hearts. All on Walker now to turn it around.

Code for too important a game to carry a passenger.

Player power again. Very sad that this should happen with a great Hearts family

gashauskis9

Good answer from IC. Shows a commitment that we're not going to be bullied into selling him cheap.

Cathro on the radio saying his performance levels and effort haven't been good enough.

He's bang on

If thats his game, either sign an extension or sit in the stands and train solo for the rest of the year. No appearance bonus, no goal bonus. Sure he walks on a free but its a boring year for him. Hopefully highlights that we won't sit by and allow players to dick the club and fans about.

Cathro on the radio saying his performance levels and effort haven't been good enough.

And what did he say about Walker?

I agree with this, the last sentence in particular. Whatever JW has done, it's now clear that he's going to be of little use to us. I'm almost at the point of saying 'let the small-minded wee bugger go to Sevco if that's the limit of his ambition' but not quite. Selling Walker to them is one thing. Selling him for the risible repayment package they doubtless have in mind is another matter entirely. I'd accept ?750k if it were in the form of cold cash up front that we could use to improve the team, but Sevco will offer ?250k Max as a deposit, I suspect.

If the deal isn't right for the club then I would dig my heels in and say Walker can train with the U20s then. See if Sevco still want him when he hasn't played for a year. Yes, we take a financial hit, but we also make it clear to everyone that we won't be held to ransom.

This 100%.

Really fed up with Walker. Good player,poor attitude and had his head turned.

Rudolf's Mate

I'm a bit confused tbh. Reading a lot of comments from people who've been to the game this season have said he's been a standout for us.

Toxteth O'Grady

on the basis of performance levels what has Cathro done to earn his place as today's head coach?

maroonnicky63

Great player for me he may have reasons why his performance perhaps is not what it should be but I for one will not slate him on here he has been a tremendous player for us

Wonder what those who defended the wee shite will come out with next. He's performances have been a disgrace for quite some time. Regardless of the mess the Hearts first team has been he's a professional and when he pulls out jersey onhe should play like it. Can't wait to see the back of him.

Great player for me he may have reasons why his performance perhaps is not what it should be but I for one will not slate him on here he has been a tremendous player for us

Hahaha. Well colour me surprised.

alwaysthereinspirit

(*Not a Cathro dig. Honest.)

Didn't he go on record and say that the speculation wasn't affecting Walker, and he was training very well?

Might be wrong, so happy to be corrected.

If so, I wonder what's changed.

Cathro mentioned that today. Said things changed recently with regards to his own statement from weeks back on Walkers attitude. Obviously it's getting to him still being at Tynecastle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Cathro challenging Walker to work his way back and reach the expectation levels.

Other players currently more deserving of a place.

Right behind Cathro here. Strong communication

Bit of credit for Cathro for the way he spoke on Walker. Made it clear that Walker is at fault but they'll still support him.

alwaysthereinspirit

on the basis of performance levels what has Cathro done to earn his place as today's head coach?

I bet the coach gives 100% every day though.

I'm a bit confused tbh. Reading a lot of comments from people who've been to the game this season have said he's been a standout for us.

Newcastle friendly when Rangers manager was watching

kingantti1874

Screw supporting him.. Hes deliberately trying to **** us over in order to win a move to Rangers.. That's the reality.. Either we get the money and he leaves or he sits in the stand.. He shouldn't play for us again.. An example must be set

Thing is, if he is committed he is possibly our best player, but if not he is a waste of a shirt. Genuinely interested to see whether the team performs better without him in it.

Screw supporting him.. Hes deliberately trying to **** us over in order to win a move to Rangers.. That's the reality.. Either we get the money and he leaves or he sits in the stand.. He shouldn't play for us again.. An example must be set

Bingo.

**** him.

Rudolf's Mate

Newcastle friendly when Rangers manager was watching

According to many who attended East Fife and Elgin games he played well.

Toxteth O'Grady

I bet the coach gives 100% every day though.

Aye 100% riddles and nonsense tactics

glastonbury jambo

Thing is, if he is committed he is possibly our best player, but if not he is a waste of a shirt. Genuinely interested to see whether the team performs better without him in it.

Aye best player 1 in 5 games if were lucky...really hes pish there iv said it ...WALKER IS PISH he is another Templeton - Holt ..nothing special.

According to many who attended East Fife and Elgin games he played well.

Did alright against East Fife

Nothing special. Maybe decent for 10 minutes

Got beat by Peterhead

Archived