Walker dropped from squad?

graham

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be the last thing the supporters need right now. So many negatives around Hearts this now I honestly can't wait to get back to a feeling of positivity we all crave for!

Pray tell what are the "so many" negatives? A loss to Peterhead, yes negative, disappointing,frustrating, slightly concerning.

A new stand, some decent looking new signings I would say are significant positives around the club. If Jamie Walker wants to go it will be a disappointment but the modern day footballer has no loyalty. If he thinks he's going to achieve all that he can achieve at The Rangers then fair play to him. We will take the money, hopefully we have a replacement on the list as this has been rumbling away for a while. Chris Cadden perhaps or someone we don't yet know about.

Footballers come and go, even "our own"in this is the modern world.

For you to suggest that there are so many negatives around the club reeks of hibs unfortunately as there really aren't so many negatives around this club at the moment.

To ensure he doesn't pick up an injury before his 750k move to Ibrox.

One things for sure if he is going to Ibrox for ?750k then it will be paid in installments and no way will thye be giving us more than about ?250k up front.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1346313/arnaud-djoum-hearts-higher-level/

Djoum at it again with his monthly transfer request haha. How about you actually play well in a game or two Arnaud and maybe some clubs would want to sign you. Absolute clown of a player..never seen a player blow his own trumpet so much yet offering so very little in return.

doesn't seem like its a move to rangers since the article literally states "there are no fresh developments over any proposed move to Ibrox."

hopefully its some other team down south. but we do need to sell him this window though seeing as he wont sign a new deal here

Maybe he's submitted a transfer request or something.

THE SUN Ahaahhaahhahaha.

They also had the story about Connor Randall so they perhaps no more than people give them credit for although I still think it is a shitty rag.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1346313/arnaud-djoum-hearts-higher-level/

Djoum at it again with his monthly transfer request haha. How about you actually play well in a game or two Arnaud and maybe some clubs would want to sign you. Absolute clown of a player..never seen a player blow his own trumpet so much yet offering so very little in return.

Has ever a player talked so much and delivered so little as Djoum? The boy should be an absolute stand out for us, a player that every week in the SPL you leave the game thinking how the hell is he still playing for us. In fact, you'd be left thinking why are Celtic not in for him as they would routinely take such an imposing and dominant player from the 'rest' in Scotland. But he has simply not done it for us on anything like a regular basis and yet again we hear about this great ambition of his. Time to do you're talking on the park Djoum my son, we are fed up listening to how good you are. Get out there and show you are EPL or champions league quality!!!

Enzo Chiefo

Good luck replacing his goals from last season

Won't miss his anonymous games and numerous missed chances. He wants away, let him go. If he had any ambition at all, he would have signed for Real Sociedad when given the chance last year. We will miss his goals but to be honest he is far too inconsistent for a team like Hearts.

Djoum is slightly delusional.

I wonder if he's aware how shite he's been for the last 6 months.

Pray tell what are the "so many" negatives? A loss to Peterhead, yes negative, disappointing,frustrating, slightly concerning.

A new stand, some decent looking new signings I would say are significant positives around the club. If Jamie Walker wants to go it will be a disappointment but the modern day footballer has no loyalty. If he thinks he's going to achieve all that he can achieve at The Rangers then fair play to him. We will take the money, hopefully we have a replacement on the list as this has been rumbling away for a while. Chris Cadden perhaps or someone we don't yet know about.

Footballers come and go, even "our own"in this is the modern world.

For you to suggest that there are so many negatives around the club reeks of hibs unfortunately as there really aren't so many negatives around this club at the moment.

Reading this forum day in day out is a negative in most cases. The negatives for me are all on the playing side and how we have played since Cathro has taken over and latterly the way Robbie had us playing. The club of the pitch is a breath of fresh air in what we are doing and long term it will be the most positive thing for the club ever to grow to the highest posistion and standing it so richly deserves. This is my opinion of how I see things at this present moment in time and it may not be yours but just respect mines without the Reeks of Hibs pish as I will respect yours without insinuating your this or that.

Maybe he's submitted a transfer request or something.

If I was guessing I think you maybe on to something there. There is every chance that with a stalemate between the clubs and the league season almost upon us his side are trying to force things. It will likely work if they can get Rangers to meet us in the middle.

The story went up about 10 mins ago. Hearts would post in the morning based on past evidence.

Good point. Should have thought of that.

Reading this forum day in day out is a negative in most cases. The negatives for me are all on the playing side and how we have played since Cathro has taken over and latterly the way Robbie had us playing. The club of the pitch is a breath of fresh air in what we are doing and long term it will be the most positive thing for the club ever to grow to the highest posistion and standing it so richly deserves. This is my opinion of how I see things at this present moment in time and it may not be yours but just respect mines without the Reeks of Hibs pish as I will respect yours without insinuating your this or that.

Fair do's, I just don't see things as overtly negative. I'm not convinced that Cathro is the guy who is going to give us the success that we all crave on the pitch to go with all the positives off it, but, we are three games in to this season, a win tomorrow and we are through to the next stage of the cup. We can put the poor result at Peterhead to one side and see how the opening league fixtures pan out. Squad gelling,hopefully one or two more to come in. Perhaps a decent goalie and a left field signing and those feelings will disappear. Let's just get behind the team for now.

If we get beat tomorrow... then we can talk again. Haha

Fair do's, I just don't see things as overtly negative. I'm not convinced that Cathro is the guy who is going to give us the success that we all crave on the pitch to go with all the positives off it, but, we are three games in to this season, a win tomorrow and we are through to the next stage of the cup. We can put the poor result at Peterhead to one side and see how the opening league fixtures pan out. Squad gelling,hopefully one or two more to come in. Perhaps a decent goalie and a left field signing and those feelings will disappear. Let's just get behind the team for now.

If we get beat tomorrow... then we can talk again. Haha

Fair enough and cheers for the reply. Let's hope we aren't having to talk again after tomorrow lol

One things for sure if he is going to Ibrox for ?750k then it will be paid in installments and no way will thye be giving us more than about ?250k up front.

I love how folk are so categoric about these things? What on earth do you know about this kind of situation? I'll tell ye what......Nothing! Go to bed

Has ever a player talked so much and delivered so little as Djoum? The boy should be an absolute stand out for us, a player that every week in the SPL you leave the game thinking how the hell is he still playing for us. In fact, you'd be left thinking why are Celtic not in for him as they would routinely take such an imposing and dominant player from the 'rest' in Scotland. But he has simply not done it for us on anything like a regular basis and yet again we hear about this great ambition of his. Time to do you're talking on the park Djoum my son, we are fed up listening to how good you are. Get out there and show you are EPL or champions league quality!!!

The tragedy about Djoum is we've got a player with talent we shouldn't ordinarily afford to recruit and should be desperate to keep a hold of. Instead we all for the most part talk in terms of him moving for a decent fee.

The reality with Djoum is he's 28 and had a fairly mixed career to date. He should be approaching this season with a desire to show his very and earn the move he appears to yearn.

So far he's talked and delivered very little

Spot on. Needs must. I'm hoping we have played hardball to get 750k or therabouts but we need to move on. We can't afford to have him going through the motions like he has been, avoiding injury and giving us very little only to sign a pre contract and **** off for nothing. We need to get in what we can, sign a couple of hungry players who want to be at Hearts and move on. Far far better players have left Hearts than Jamie Walker.

I'd take a fee of c. ?750k if it can be achieved and look for them to throw in O'Halloran as nobody is paying them a fee for him and he'd give us something we don't have

Rangers will trail Celtic by a considerable distance for years to come if Jamie Walker represents the extent of their ambitions

"

And Jamie Walker has been dropped from the squad for the Pars clash.

SunSport understands that the Rangers target has been omitted for footballing reasons and there are no fresh developments over any proposed move to Ibrox."

That is all it says.

so speculation and stirring. Footballing reasons... he miskicked a football to Man City have offered ?250M, take your pick!

Djoum is slightly delusional.

I wonder if he's aware how shite he's been for the last 6 months.

Aye but he won the intertoto cup or whatever it was.

Hackney Hearts

Being dropped for 'footballing reasons' could just mean his form hasn't been good enough...

As Jordan McGhee said in his EEN interview yesterday:

"Thankfully, we've got a manager who is fair and honest and gives everyone a chance. If you're not playing well, you deserve to be dropped. If you're playing well, you deserve to be in the team. That's the way it should be".

Maybe JW hasn't been our worst player recently - but maybe he's the been the furthest (along with Djoum?) from fulfilling his potential.

The minute Hearts exposed Jamie Walkers Dad as a complete liar was probably the final nail in the coffin here. Let him go I say but not for 750k. Surely we are due at least 500k development. Maybe I'm stubborn but I would eject him now from the 1st team and wait for that 500k next July!

Jamie Walker does not hold the cards here we do! Stay and play very very well and earn a move to the Rangers or better or fcuk off to the reserves for a year and see if The Rangers still want you then!

Something must have happened between last week and this week as we were told all was well with the Walker situation.

Hope its all nonsense and he is playing but I cant helo think he has been told to say/do something in ordr for him to be dtopped for a game live on TV.

Djoum interview is absolutely fine with me! No disrespect to us he just wants to play at a higher level! Also he concedes someone will have to pay hearts good money to get him! No problem with that at all! Good luck Armould!

davemclaren

The minute Hearts exposed Jamie Walkers Dad as a complete liar was probably the final nail in the coffin here. Let him go I say but not for 750k. Surely we are due at least 500k development. Maybe I'm stubborn but I would eject him now from the 1st team and wait for that 500k next July!

Jamie Walker does not hold the cards here we do! Stay and play very very well and earn a move to the Rangers or better or fcuk off to the reserves for a year and see if The Rangers still want you then!

He'll be too old end of next season so no development fee

I'd take a fee of c. ?750k if it can be achieved and look for them to throw in O'Halloran as nobody is paying them a fee for him and he'd give us something we don't have

Rangers will trail Celtic by a considerable distance for years to come if Jamie Walker represents the extent of their ambitions

Agree with all of that. I would hope that 400-500k or so of the fee would go towards securing the likes of Cadden and helping facilitate the signing of McGregor too. Whilst I don't expect all of the fee to be spent immediately we need to show some intent if Walker is sold this close to the start of the league season.

OmiyaHearts

:biggrin:

Been at Ibrox as a supporter, opposition and now player.

Dreams do come true! :wub:

A lesson for all of us. Never give up on your dreams!

Djoum interview is absolutely fine with me! No disrespect to us he just wants to play at a higher level! Also he concedes someone will have to pay hearts good money to get him! No problem with that at all! Good luck Armould!

Alloa putting in a ?5 bid I hear.

No honestly who does djoum think he is :lol: he's been pish for longer than he's been half decent!

Just get him (and walker) to ****.

If Walker doesn't want to play for us then **** him. He should be dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I agree things off the pitch are looking up (specifically the stand) it is what happens on the pitch, the important stuff, that worries me. The team were dire in the second half of last season and the performance the other night is at least an indication that we could be in for more of the same. We have a tough run of away games to start the season and if we don't show a bit more fight and desire I fear we could really struggle to recover. Walker was one of the few, perhaps only, players to offer something different last season as well as a few goals and losing him without adequate replacement could be a real problem.

Finlay James

It could be that Cathro has dropped him because he feels that his head is turned, it has affected his performance and likevany other player, he deserves to be dropped in that situation. Fair play if that is the case. Dropping Jamie, arguably our best player, sends out a message that below par performances won't be accepted this season.

If it is because he is moving on, I really hope it's down south as moving to Ibrox is a big step backwards from Hearts. I'm amazed that MK Dons haven't moved for him or Djoum.

Cadden is doing well and would be a good replacement for either.

Fxxx the SPFL

If Walker doesn't want to play for us then **** him. He should be dropped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree if he is still playing well enough to be in the team then he plays other clubs have done that Lukaku springs to mind. FFS paying a player to sit on his arse no thanks.

Seymour M Hersh

I don't see an awful lot wrong in his interview tbh. But I agree that he needs to get back to the form that got him the contract extension in the first place as it's been poor for about a year. As for Walker I can't see him being dropped for poor form as he has been oe of our better players in the 2 games I have seen so far this season (admittedly one was the Newcastle friendly). Would a minor injury be a "football reason"?

Seems odd to drop one of your best players for footballing reasons.

Wait and see I suppose.

rick witter

Spot on we should tell everyone that Djoum is available for a transfer and see how many clubs actually come forward. My guess is not many. He is another who lets us down time and again with a lack of effort.

Regarding Walker I would take the money and hope we can bring in 2 midfielders hopefully pay the fee for Cadden he looks a great prospect and one other midfield player.

kingantti1874

Funny thing is if these guys played better consistently they'd get their move without all of this nonsense.. Want to play at a higher revel and get more cash? Fine.. Play better, work harder.. Don't get pumped all the time..

Heads are full Of shite honestky

Jamie's effort and application is miles short of what it should be. That's why he dropped . He won't be disappointed as it will speed up a move away

If he had any ambition at all, he would have signed for Real Sociedad when given the chance last year.

Not that simple! He has a young son to consider.Maybe Jamie doesn't want massive upheaval that will impact his lad.

Harry Potter

Walker played the full game against Peterhead and we lost 2-1 , possibly dropped because

of shockin result ?.

kingantti1874

Not that simple! He has a young son to consider.Maybe Jamie doesn't want massive upheaval that will impact his lad.

Every other footballer In the world seems to cope..

Finlay James

Funny thing is if these guys played better consistently they'd get their move without all of this nonsense.. Want to play at a higher revel and get more cash? Fine.. Play better, work harder.. Don't get pumped all the time..

Heads are full Of shite honestky

Yip, see Gordon, Hartley, Cameron & McCann as prime examples

By all accounts he played decent in the Newcastle friendly, but has been forgettable in the three cup ties. Not reading anything into that, though.

Like others, I just wish this saga would come to an end, one way or the other. Can't believe that teams in England aren't looking at this hugely talented player who they'd be able to pick up for something around the ?1m mark. Sweeties to a Championship team for a player of Walker's ability.

Id be more concerned if it is for footballing reasons, as it's an odd move to drop him completely from the squad. Putting him on the bench fair enough, but ommitting him altogether just causes unnecessary speculation and distractions. And he would be a good option to bring off the bench.

buzzbomb1958

At the end of the day the laddie only plays one good game in 5or6,his head is full of the deid cheats and he doesn't want to be here,Id rather have a player like Zanatta who'd give a 100% than a lazy twat who doesn't want to wear the famous maroon and white good riddance ,I hope he ends up like the rest who's careers went down the crapper

Id be more concerned if it is for footballing reasons, as it's an odd move to drop him completely from the squad. Putting him on the bench fair enough, but ommitting him altogether just causes unnecessary speculation and distractions. And he would be a good option to bring off the bench.

100% agree with this

By all accounts he played decent in the Newcastle friendly, but has been forgettable in the three cup ties. Not reading anything into that, though.

Like others, I just wish this saga would come to an end, one way or the other. Can't believe that teams in England aren't looking at this hugely talented player who they'd be able to pick up for something around the ?1m mark. Sweeties to a Championship team for a player of Walker's ability.

It's something I have noticed over the years, when it comes to signing Scottish based players, they rarely have any opposition from other interested parties, I also find it very strange that there is no-one even in the English championship who have noted an interest in Walker.

Whatever you think of him ?1m is a snip for championship clubs.

Has Walkers hun agent told other clubs he has no intention of signing for anyone but the Rangers, even if in Walkers case he maybe open to offers from down south.

Captain America

Have just watched Djoum's press conference. He says nothing wrong in that. He is asked about moves a couple of times and says he is happy here and wants to play his best for us. Doesn't look like a player trying to get a move.

If this story is true....maybe he just needs a rest. Played a lot recently and he does have a history of knee problems?

Archived