Walker dropped from squad?

graham

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stupid Sexy Flanders

I would take 750k and O'Halloran but not on loan as I would want him to be able to play against his parent club. Having said that a player struggling to get a game for that mob can't be up to much.

I would see O'Halloran as a replacement for Nicholson rather than Walker, ie a winger with a bit of pace, a good option from the bench rather than a regular starter.

Elias Henry Furst

Walker has been training this morning just posted it on instagram

Letting the world know he's fit.

Cute.

HeartOfWestLothian

I would take 750k and O'Halloran but not on loan as I would want him to be able to play against his parent club. Having said that a player struggling to get a game for that mob can't be up to much.

He was good at St. Johnstone though so I'd take a chance on him. I don't think he'd deserve to be our highest paid player though so a loan with them covering his wages, allowing him to play in games versus them and maybe having the first option to buy at say ?200k next season would be a good deal?

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Letting the world know he's fit.

Cute.

Maybe the sun just got it wrong.

Walker has had longer term injury problems..... so needing a rest when you are a bit crocked is a real possibility.

If he needs a rest at this stage of the season then there is somehting seriously wrong with him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Maybe.

We'll see soon enough.

FWIW I think you're probably right. I'm just not going to slate him until the teams are announced.

If training clearly not playing and will just be clearing up he's fit and backing his agents leak to the papers

Hungry hippo

Walker has been training this morning just posted it on instagram

You sure? Can't see anything on Instagram. Can see he liked a post by Djoum saying that he's looking forward to the game.

Every other footballer In the world seems to cope..

His girlfriend may not want to leave the country.Dont think jamie would leave them behind!There could be reasons that we dont know about.

If a player (with or without his agent) is compelled to publicise his fitness in the event of him being left out of a squad then it's time to say cheerio to that player. The working relationship has broken down. Who's fault it is barely matters. The club remains and the player goes.

Cheerio.

Pray tell what are the "so many" negatives? A loss to Peterhead, yes negative, disappointing,frustrating, slightly concerning.

A new stand, some decent looking new signings I would say are significant positives around the club. If Jamie Walker wants to go it will be a disappointment but the modern day footballer has no loyalty. If he thinks he's going to achieve all that he can achieve at The Rangers then fair play to him. We will take the money, hopefully we have a replacement on the list as this has been rumbling away for a while. Chris Cadden perhaps or someone we don't yet know about.

Footballers come and go, even "our own"in this is the modern world.

For you to suggest that there are so many negatives around the club reeks of hibs unfortunately as there really aren't so many negatives around this club at the moment.

I'm sorry but come on, the club is mired in negativity just now, unfair to call the guy out as Hibs for pointing out the obvious.

We were a shambles last season and there's been nothing to suggest we are significantly better now.

KyleLafferty

He's been at training this morning according to his Instagram, wouldn't be like The Sun to make up stuff!

The Internet

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Jamie Walker was in the starting eleven this afternoon.

If anything I'll be surprised if he doesn't start.

Elias Henry Furst

He's been at training this morning according to his Instagram, wouldn't be like The Sun to make up stuff!

Doesn't mean he hasn't been dropped for today's game...

Jambof3tornado

Time for the club to ban anyone associated with the sun. Shit stirring to assist in the tapping up of a prized asset.

KyleLafferty

Surely if he was off he wouldn't be training, would be heavily surprised if he doesn't have some sort of part to play today

Elias Henry Furst

It means he has been

Exactly what I'd assume.

Although some players may be assessed on the morning of the game.

That said, I'd be shocked if he was in the squad.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I would see O'Halloran as a replacement for Nicholson rather than Walker, ie a winger with a bit of pace, a good option from the bench rather than a regular starter.

He was good at St. Johnstone though so I'd take a chance on him. I don't think he'd deserve to be our highest paid player though so a loan with them covering his wages, allowing him to play in games versus them and maybe having the first option to buy at say ?200k next season would be a good deal?

He might want to re-start his promising career, that was evident in Perth, rather than see his stock fall even further by sitting on the bench at Ibrox. Depends if money is all he is interested or if regular starts mean more to him. He could be a bench player for us as well but more game time would surely follow a move to Tynecastle.

the big show

You sure? Can't see anything on Instagram. Can see he liked a post by Djoum saying that he's looking forward to the game.

Yes i have seen the pic he put up with all his training gear on , i don't know how to put pics up but i can asure it was him . IF they are dropping him because he will not sign a new deal i think that is wrong , although i don't know , strongest 11 on the park is my view on it regardless of the situation . 

Son Of Anarchy

Time for the club to ban anyone associated with the sun. Shit stirring to assist in the tapping up of a prized asset.

I've said this for years.

Gene Parmesan

I see nothing from today on his insta...

Gene Parmesan

Yeah, this is definitely the newspaper's fault.

:rofl:

Elias Henry Furst

If he's dropped and they are correct why should they be banned?

I'd rather we banned his ***** of an agent who has most likely leaked the news.

i wish jj was my dad

If training clearly not playing and will just be clearing up he's fit and backing his agents leak to the papers

My thoughts precisely.

Could be nothing in it but after all the recent level 5 pish and ill advised use of social media i'm inclined to smell a rat.  Benefit of doubt for the moment though. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

So we don't know if he's training today? Could still just be a niggle. I'm not on instagram and can't be arsed checking

Players sometimes have a light session in the morning may be that. Or he has an injury and is doing a light session with a physio instead. I'm sure when they do pre match interviews later it will be the first question

Gigolo-Aunt

Imagine if he was dropped, had been asked to train this morning and never turned up.

That would have been a seethe.

Put 2x2 together. Rangers shift out O Halloran this morning to make space in their squad. Walker is left out of the team today. It all points to the fact they're not that far off agreeing a fee. Put it this way I'll Be surprised if he's not A Rangers player this time next week.

Imagine if he was dropped, had been asked to train this morning and never turned up.

That would have been a seethe.

Can't picture Cathro seething ever.

Put 2x2 together. Rangers shift out O Halloran this morning to make space in their squad. Walker is left out of the team today. It all points to the fact they're not that far off agreeing a fee. Put it this way I'll Be surprised if he's not A Rangers player this time next week.

Didn't think of it like that. You may have a point.

After reading all of this, i agree with you JayJay.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Can't picture Cathro seething ever.

Only if his laptop fails and the painstakingly worked out tactics for the day are lost.  :sunny: 

I would take ?600k and O'Halloran on loan for the season with all of his wages covered as I wouldn't want to risk Walker leaving on a free at the end of the season.

O'Halloran has gone back to St Johnstone on a six month loan

Has this been confirmed anywhere no?

www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1348184/michael-ohalloran-rangers-st-johnstone/

Sounds like Levein may have blinked first.

If this is true then quite possible.

Walker?s absence from the Hearts squad for a pivotal cup match is the biggest hint yet that his head has been turned by the considerable interest from Rangers. In what has been a long-running saga, Pedro Caixinha has been working behind the scenes on landing the 24-year-old to increase the numbers of proven Scottish Premiership performers in his squad after the huge influx of foreign imports. About time, too. There is a real hit-or-miss feel about Rangers? summer shopping and they need to land a few more players who have showed they can deliver in the top flight. Walker certainly fits the bill. He had an impressive scoring and creating record for Hearts last season and is entering his peak years. It would be a massive boost to the club if they can pull off this deal.

Harry Potter

Only if his laptop fails and the painstakingly worked out tactics for the day are lost.  :sunny:

But this is a myth, maybe ?

kylelauren01

Sounds like Levein may have blinked first.

Blinking first or doing what is best for the future of the football club?

Archived