Walker dropped from squad?

graham

Hungry hippo

Blinking first or doing what is best for the future of the football club?

Exactly. If we've reached an agreement I don't know how anyone can criticise without knowing any details.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/1348184/michael-ohalloran-rangers-st-johnstone/

Meant the Walker dropped rumour.

He would never admit that though.

Levein has the best interests of the club at heart despite what detractors like you think.

Sick of this charade now, in all honesty.

Fully agree. If he's not going to sign then i'd rather he left otherwise this will drag on all season.

Dagger Is Back

Time for the club to ban anyone associated with the sun. Shit stirring to assist in the tapping up of a prized asset.

Anyone quoting the Sun on here or posting links should be banned too. Rag of a paper not worthy of wiping your arse with.

Levein has the best interests of the club at heart despite what detractors like you think.

Not totally convinced about that but I hope he gets the best deal possible for the club assuming Walker goes.

If it is for footballing reasons then it is a surprise that he is not in at least the squad

If injured then the club would surely have told us or it would have leaked out

It does lead to speculation and rumour as to whether he has now asked to move officially or whether a bid has come in that is being considered

I hope a happy Jamie Walker stays with us and indeed signs a new deal but an unhappy player will never give of his best

Anyone quoting the Sun on here or posting links should be banned too. Rag of a paper not worthy of wiping your arse with.

They did actually call the Connor Randall signing before anyone else I believe but it is a rag.

Elias Henry Furst

They did actually call the Connor Randall signing before anyone else I believe but it is a rag.

It is a disgusting rag and I wish it didn't exist but people calling on the Sun to be banned will only have a point if their info is wrong and JW hasn't been dropped today.

They are more on the ball with regards Hearts than any other paper and I think they'll be correct with regards JW today.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not sure I could stand a half hearted Walker going through the motions for us. I feel he is just filling a shirt now that a fully motivated player would give more for. He looks the classic moody player that will probably repeat this behaviour if it doesn't go to plan at Ibroke.

Outside of the first 45 minutes against Newcastle Walker's not exactly done anything for us this season, which is 3 cup games against lower league opposition. I realise we've been poor as a team but our two other salary cap players have put in good performances and if JW thinks he should be a top earner he needs to be doing the same. He is much more of a scorer than a creator and at the moment he's not even taking his scoring chances (Elgin and Peterhead) so we're getting no benefit from him being in the team.

It's best for all parties that he moves on because Jamie Walker playing within himself isn't helping us. Cadden's got a goal in each of Motherwell's 3 league cup games so far (which is exactly what Walker should be looking to do to get his transfer) and would be a good replacement, presumably with cash to spare as well.

Been told before that Walker is in some degree of discomfort in the immediate days after games because of his knee. Could just be that he's struggling a little after Tuesday.

Been told before that Walker is in some degree of discomfort in the immediate days after games because of his knee. Could just be that he's struggling a little after Tuesday.

Well if that is the case and Rangers are still wanting to sign him then he might struggle to pass their medical.

tolcross lad

Levein has his own interests at heart first and foremost but in this case he would be right to take the money if Walker has no intention of signing a new deal.Heading for game shortly with grandkids.Really dont know what to expect.

Levein has his own interests at heart first and foremost but in this case he would be right to take the money if Walker has no intention of signing a new deal.Heading for game shortly with grandkids.Really dont know what to expect.

What's Levein's own interests?

Generic Username

Said it before, if The Sub run a story and it's got Kenny Miller's name on it you can take it to the bank 99% of the time (no idea who's dropped the story about Walker being dropped).

Was going to ask where people have saw him mention training on Insta as it isn't in his posts... but it is in his insta story from today, posted 2 hours ago. Pic of his boots and captioned "training done

Would Walker pass a medical elsewhere?

No. He's just retired from football.

Statement from Hearts at 2:05pm.

tolcross lad

What's Levein's own interests?

Maintaining a well paid job.

Being able to direct and control of all things football at the club.

Not having an experienced manager to confront

To avoid direct management 

Duck and weave between responsibility and accountability

The opportunity to experiment with a project.

To get rid of him will cost a hefty sum and his skin is thicker than an alligators.

im off to game

Maintaining a well paid job.

Being able to direct and control of all things football at the club.

To avoid direct management

The opportunity to experiment with a project.

So basically doing his job as Director of football?

The Levein bashing is tiresome.

i wish jj was my dad

Maintaining a well run paid job football club

Being able to direct and control of all things football at the club like an effective Director of Football.

Not having Supporting an inexperienced manager to confront

To avoid Not interfering with direct management 

Duck and weave between responsibility and accountability for the club's long term strategy

The opportunity to experiment with a project.try something different

To get rid of him will cost a hefty sum and his skin is thicker than an alligators.would be madness

im off to game

FTFY.  One of the more legitimate criticisms of CL is that he is far too thin skinned when it comes to criticism.  That's why he takes the huff when people call him out for getting things wrong.  

Bazzas right boot

Honestly, if he doesn't sign an extension.

Thanks Jamie, but gtf.

Harsh, but this is already dragging on, we don't need this side show for the next few weeks, never mind season.

Hungry hippo

Journo Anthony Brown claiming on Twitter JW dropped not unfit

Got the impression that JW was making that point by saying he trained this morning.

No. He's just retired from football.

Statement from Hearts at 2:05pm.

There is a difference between a club having a player they know and an injury or condition they k ow about and manage it and a new club spending a million on a player with a dodgy knee...

Claiming Hearts 'don't think he's in right frame of mind'

That's what I heard too.Agent working him from the back.

Glamorous Glue

I really like him as a player but no point in the club putting any effort in with him now. Get rid asap.

Seemingly rejected offer to be highest paid player at club.

Is this more recently or the time previously, already reported by the club?

If JW is angling this thats his career choice.

But i really would love for Hearts to not give an inch to that rat club rangers.

1 million in full nae chucky .

Once bitten.

If Jamie cannot be professional and apply himself 100% while taking my money then my estimation of him will go down.

Ive stuck up for him on here and understand his family comes first.

But i along with many others cough up to watch him play to his best .

Not to fekin be wide with pics on insta.

Bit respect needed here.

Rudolf's Mate

Seemingly rejected offer to be highest paid player at club.

Seemingly?

Seemingly he was getting an improved offer weeks ago however a statement was then released saying the original offer was still on the table.

I'm only amazed that people are amazed that this is playing out like this. It's been a certainty for weeks that Walker and his agent would start ****ing Hearts about forcing the move. Hearts should be doing absolutely everything to get rid of him as it's clear we are reliant on the transfer money to finalize our own moves. Sell him and watch his career go down the pan at Rangers whilst the fee helps us secure the likes of Cadden and hopefully facilitate the McGregor move. Walker is now useless to Hearts other than what we can get for him.

Hearts have played him in every match this season then he's suddenly binned. Him and his agent have clearly said something in the latter part of this week to see him dropped. They've offered to make him the highest paid player and it's not enough, let's cash in on him. I don't care where he goes but if he doesn't want to play for us get him out.

His return has been a decent performance in every five games. He's injury prone and doesn't offer much in the way of cover. We move on. The badge on the front is more important than the name on the back and we've lost much better players than him and survived.

Getting cash in could see us get a decent keeper and midfielder in. We'll survive without a selfish Jamie Walker.

Hearts have played him in every match this season then he's suddenly binned. Him and his agent have clearly said something in the latter part of this week to see him dropped. They've offered to make him the highest paid player and it's not enough, let's cash in on him. I don't care where he goes but if he doesn't want to play for us get him out.

His return has been a decent performance in every five games. He's injury prone and doesn't offer much in the way of cover. We move on. The badge on the front is more important than the name on the back and we've lost much better players than him and survived.

Getting cash in could see us get a decent keeper and midfielder in. We'll survive without a selfish Jamie Walker.

loveofthegame

He's an arsehole. Attitude absolutely stinks, he's been a disgrace throughout this contract debacle. Get rid now so we have time to bring in a suitable replacement.

Levein has Levein's best interests at heart! Always has, always will do. However I do feel sympathy for him and the club with regard Walker who has acted and played completely unprofessionally for months since having his head turned. The ONLY Hearts player to have started both Hibs replay fiascos, the Birkarkara European shambles and the Peterhead disgrace he'll be missed far less than some have suggested.

Hackney Hearts

The ONLY Hearts player to have started both Hibs replay fiascos, the Birkarkara European shambles and the Peterhead disgrace

Is that true? Interesting bit of trivia.

Archived